Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Which, speaking of AMC 2.0, is what ultimately got dealt with with the Hubbards re: the recent past, as could easily happen with Patrick and Robin in future, offscreen or on, but I digress! I just really miss that show.

I wish they'd just suck it up and hire some of the PP writers for GH

• Love 2

Aww. This Robin quote got me in my feels, y'all. She was talking to Maxie about when they used to make up stories about people on boats by the pier.

"Mine were always romantic. They were always about people falling in love and then heading off into some romantic destination like Spain or the French Riviera. They were always stories of a life I didn't think I could have. Stories about how true love could never be destroyed."

• Love 2

I don't know what video you mean.

There was a video made recently with RW and BS set to the Selena Gomez song "Good For You." (I haven't watched it yet...I like myself too much. :P)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Okay, this sounds hugely cheesy. What's more Romeo and Juliet is my least favorite Shakespearean play because they are such teenaged wanks... and people do not seem to get that this isn't really a romantic story and, thus, we get different versions of it every other year on every soap imaginable as well as any 'nighttime soap' worth its salt as well.

::huff::

My big problem with this is that Robin and Stone already did this scene at a Nurses' Ball. It was awesome on a lot of levels not the least because Edward was their acting coach and if I recall correctly John Inge was actually giving the two acting pointers in real life.  As much as I am glad that Scrubs gets a HEA the throwback to one of GH's greatest love stories could have been skipped

• Love 2

My big problem with this is that Robin and Stone already did this scene at a Nurses' Ball. It was awesome on a lot of levels not the least because Edward was their acting coach and if I recall correctly John Inge was actually giving the two acting pointers in real life.  As much as I am glad that Scrubs gets a HEA the throwback to one of GH's greatest love stories could have been skipped

Thanks for saying this more succinctly than I could, Fylaki. 

And another sad thing about this is that the (new! and improved!) writers couldn't be bothered/didn't care to learn that R&J had already been done on this show. 

At first I read this as 'Julexis celibate' and I loled.

They would have absolutely no idea what to do with themselves, and break up in, at most, 15 minutes. 

I'm considering it Uncle Frank's Christmas gift to us all that we didn't get Rob Watkins pop-rapping a Selena Gomez "song".

Shhh!!!  The year isn't over yet! 

• Love 3

I still think the Romeo and Juliet comment is being taken too literally. Patrick thinks Robin is dead, he reacts and is sad and devastated, kisses her out of that devastation, and she wakes up bc the drugs wear off, lol. That's not Romeo and Juliet. It's just a dramatic scene to show their love.

I'm guessing Robin kickstarts Jason's memory. Which is great, but I still wanted what I suspect was at least considered at one point: A Jason/Robin/Patrick/Sam quad.

I get this on paper, but under Frank/Ron or Frank/JP/SA? No. No way. See: Liz.

So.... they're going to have Patrick shoot Robin in the head as she gives birth? GH's greatest love story..CarSon?

• Love 1

But how many of them will actually make it to the screen????

I'm not holding my breath until I see them/it.

I just need one scene, really. Thanking her for saving Jason, apologizing for always shitting on JnR's relationship, and telling her she was right to tell AJ about Michael. 1-2 min. tops.

• Love 4

I just need one scene, really. Thanking her for saving Jason, apologizing for always shitting on JnR's relationship, and telling her she was right to tell AJ about Michael. 1-2 min. tops.

The first one might happen. The other two, especially the last one . . . :tumbleweeds: ;)

• Love 8

When is Tristan supposed to come back? Is he airing already?

I wish I cared about Robin. But I might actually tune in for Robert. I've heard he's only back for three days, which kind of sucks. He, or the character type he represents, is badly needed.

When is Tristan supposed to come back? Is he airing already?

I wish I cared about Robin. But I might actually tune in for Robert. I've heard he's only back for three days, which kind of sucks. He, or the character type he represents, is badly needed.

He shows up on Thursday.  And I think it's longer than three days, but it's still a guest stint.

The first one might happen. The other two, especially the last one . . . :tumbleweeds: ;)

I never thought they'd have Jason apologize to Robin, though. Stranger things have happened. :P

I think Tristan is on either Thursday/Friday. And I'm pretty sure he's on for more than 3 episodes. He actually filmed quite a lot it seems and may continue next year, according to his Twitter.

Didn't NLG's boyfriend leave her for Belafonte? 

I don't know if he left NLG for Shari, but Sam Behrens (who played Bobbie's by now long forgotten husband Jake Meyer) has been married to SB for 26 years now.

Didn't NLG's boyfriend leave her for Belafonte? 

From what I recall, that's the way NLG used to tell the story.

But there may have been a short break between NLG's and his split and his marriage to Belafonte. There wasn't that long of a gap, though. SB was on GH and NLG was on SB (no acronym pun intended, Sam Behrens (sp) for the first; Santa Barbara for the second) when they were together. So late 80s? I don't know when she dated her co-star on SB (again, Santa Barbara).

• Love 1

Awww, that would be awesome to see. I'll have to track that part down! I did see R&S's performance at the NB, but I didn't see the JI scenes.

John Ingle was an adored drama teacher at Beverly Hills High School for decades (21 years at Beverly Hills Hill and 9 years at Hollywood High School).  Among his students were Richard Dreyfuss, Barbara Hershey, Albert Brooks, Swoosie Kurtz, , Nicholas Cage, Stefanie Powers, Carrie Fisher, Jamie Lee Curtis, Linda Evans, Joanna Gleason (she would re-team with classmate Richard Drefyfuss in Mr. Holland's Opus), Laraine Newman, David Schwimmer, Jonathan Silverman, Joely Fisher and Julie Kavner. Many of them wrote wonderful short tributes upon Mr. Ingle's passing.  Richard Dreyfuss said he drew from John Ingle when playing Mr. Holland in Mr. Holland's Opus.

The school district forced JI to retire because of salary issues. They wanted a cheaper drama teacher. So he decided that he better get out there and do what he had been teaching others to do for decades. 

Edited to add a few more names and properly identify the two schools at which John Ingle taught .

Edited by Francie
  • Love 13

I'm CRYING reading some of the Twitter reaction to the Scrubs stuff. It's like a game of telephone, with spoilers twisted and mangled. Someone out there actually thinks Patrick sees Robin and is like, "My kiss will save her!" Social media is gold.

• Love 4
Sam Behrens (who played Bobbie's by now long forgotten husband Jake Meyer)

Behrens also was evil Danny on Knots Landing. He drunkenly ran over and killed Pat (played by Lynne Moody, aka Taggert and Gia's mother, Florence). Pat's daughter was Julie (played by Kent King, ex-Lainey). Small world!

Here's a quick summary...Jerry tells Hot Guard (who is clearly in love with Robin) to kill Robin. He tells her that Anna and her ex-husband have arrived. But they're not on the right side of the island and Anna has never been where Robin is located, so she won't find them. Robin says Anna will find her. Jerry screams and rages for Robin to die, etc, etc, and then leaves. The Hot Guard tells Robin there's nothing he can do for her, so don't ask. Robin says there is something he can do. The end.

So Robin was on Cassadine Island this whole time?  When Luke, Laura, and Lucky searched it looking for Jake?  And when Jason and his harem popped in to see Helena?  That Nikolas is allegedly in complete control of?  So dumb!

I bet Hells appreciates Jerry carrying on her legacy of employing tasty henchmen.

• Love 7

So Robin was on Cassadine Island this whole time?  When Luke, Laura, and Lucky searched it looking for Jake?  And when Jason and his harem popped in to see Helena?  That Nikolas is allegedly in complete control of?  So dumb!

I bet Hells appreciates Jerry carrying on her legacy of employing tasty henchmen.

So she is there? Just how big/secluded is this island?

Clearly very large, lol!

Lol!! Because the only time I have actually seen the Island when I watched was when Jason/Sam/Liz were there when Helena died (or "died"?). Clearly it is big enough to have guards, but the guards can't be too top-notch if they miss Jason dropping in from the ceiling and then getting distracted by a phone ringing so Jason can knock him out. Lol

• Love 1

Lol!! Because the only time I have actually seen the Island when I watched was when Jason/Sam/Liz were there when Helena died (or "died"?). Clearly it is big enough to have guards, but the guards can't be too top-notch if they miss Jason dropping in from the ceiling and then getting distracted by a phone ringing so Jason can knock him out. Lol

Ha. Yes, but this is Jason. Jason is smarter and stronger than all beings!

• Love 3

Oh, Nik HAD TO know. Now, I make no secret that I have always disliked Nik, but even I know there's no way he would have ever let harm come to Robin. Another character bites the dust. *

*Plot point, ruination or not, though, no way should they be friends after this, assuming Robin returns for visits. She should spit in his smug face.

• Love 4

Oh, Nik HAD TO know. Now, I make no secret that I have always disliked Nik, but even I know there's no way he would have ever let harm come to Robin. Another character bites the dust. *

*Plot point, ruination or not, though, no way should they be friends after this, assuming Robin returns for visits. She should spit in his smug face.

He wouldn't. I hate what they've done to Nik.

• Love 2

I'm all of a sudden afraid that if Nik knew about Robin, somehow everyone will focus on that now and Liz will skate under the radar for the Jason lie.

Liz always skates, though, so I don't expect this time to be any different. But this whole Nik/Robin angle is nasty.

• Love 1