Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Past year? More like since 2012.

Oh, I generally agree with that. He was never really the same once Britt/Sabrina entered the picture. But the reason I focus on "the past year" is because it was NEVER EVER EVER believable to me that Patrick would be so apathetic about Robin.

• Love 6

I think once they hit the Sabrina baby story it really changed - I thought JT and Kim McCullough really sold her exit and did wonderful work. Everything after that was insanely rushed and contrived. I could see Patrick feeling hurt and neglected, but I would never have bought him swearing off Robin the way he did without better storytelling and until at least the following Christmas.

As a fan, I have to feel/wank that everything that came after was Patrick responding to feelings of helplessness in his own life and family and masking it all with this rage. He threw himself into things with Sam (and pushed her too hard these last few months) because he wanted to bury himself in that and not deal with or acknowledge what was really happening with his terribly messed-up life with Robin, which he's never dealt with, nor did his daughter. Until now. It's just a shame they never wrote for it (yet). I don't think any of it is JT's fault.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 15

Oh, I generally agree with that. He was never really the same once Britt/Sabrina entered the picture. But the reason I focus on "the past year" is because it was NEVER EVER EVER believable to me that Patrick would be so apathetic about Robin.

Oh, yeah. Patrick had his selfish douche streak, but he ALWAYS loved Robin, so that was utter bullshit.

• Love 9

What did Patrick do?

Nothing, which was the problem, actually. Just ignored all things Robin.

spoilers from one of the mags via Daytime Dish

12-21 Julexis celebrate

12-23 jason flashes back to romantic moment--Sam or Liz?

12-30. Someone proposes

12-22 JaNik in battle

12-28 Spin reconnects with Jason, Looks like Nik has power over Jason

12-29 Robin sees Jason at a special location

12-21 Michael asks about baby

12-22. Laura thinks Lulu is up to something

12-23. Jolu's plans hit home

12-30 Johnny makes a risky move, Morgan is at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Does it kind of sound like Johnny and Lulu's plaaaaaaans affect Morgan? If they put him in a coma they'll be heroes!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Also some details from Robin's rescue, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW SPECIFIC DETAILS:

In a nutshell, robin fakes her death by taking a drug that slows her heart ala Romeo and Juliet. She's in a tomb when Patrick finds her. He kisses her and she wakes up ala Sleepong Beauty. They return to PC and then ride off into the sunset. Kim says it all happens very fast. You have to watch every day. Oh and along the way, Patrick figures out that Robin didn't leave him by choice.

• Love 6

Also some details from Robin's rescue, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW SPECIFIC DETAILS:

In a nutshell, robin fakes her death by taking a drug that slows her heart ala Romeo and Juliet. She's in a tomb when Patrick finds her. He kisses her and she wakes up ala Sleepong Beauty. They return to PC and then ride off into the sunset. Kim says it all happens very fast. You have to watch every day. Oh and along the way, Patrick figures out that Robin didn't leave him by choice.

This is a joke, right? RIIIIIGHT?????

And fuck that last sentence. He's always known she never left by choice.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

It does but . . . at least this god awful Robin plot is finally ending.

That's only because Jason Thompson is leaving the show. Cause y'all know she would have remained a prisoner FOREVER as long as Patrick remained on the show. It's all fucked up. So now I'm wondering who Robert and Anna are pointing their guns at? Jerry's minion?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

The clinking moment where Nina, Franco, Maxie, and a piece of plywood clink glasses makes me twitchy.  Who better to celebrate the holidays than a serial killer and his sociopathic girlfriend who cut a baby out of another woman, taunted the woman, and then left her to die? 

Awww, look at the two murderous psychopaths take funny photo booth pictures together!

Cheers!!

Just to be that girl, Nina didn't cut the baby out of Ava. She drugged Ava (first with something that kind of paralyzed her,) then she induced her labor. It's still sociopathic though, so carry on.

I hope you're right that it's a joke, but I'm pretty afraid it sounds like par for the course with this show. It's like Ron never left.

Patrick hasn't always known Robin didn't leave by choice.

The first time she left, she told him she had the opportunity to resurrect/save/whatever Jason. Victor threatened her, but he also made Robin believe her house, car and everything everywhere was bugged, so she didn't tell Patrick the whole story.

After she returned to break up his wedding to Sabrina, Patrick learned the truth, I think. When Helena forced Robin to leave the second (this last) time, she told him she couldn't deal with things anymore and was going to Paris to work on her AIDS research. I mean sure, he should have figured it out and questioned it more, but he hasn't always known.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 2

I'm so sure there will be a lot of blubbering and tears and lips trembling. This show would never do it, but it would go a long way in pacifying me to some extent to have Patrick fucking KISS Robin's feet, while begging, BEGGING for Forgiveness.

I'm pretty sure we'll get scenes with him regretting his dumbass behavior.

And then when he thinks she's dead and he's too late to tell her?

Omg, meltdown and I will eat it up.

• Love 4

Just to be that girl, Nina didn't cut the baby out of Ava. She drugged Ava (first with something that kind of paralyzed her,) then she induced her labor. It's still sociopathic though, so carry on.

Patrick hasn't always known Robin didn't leave by choice.

The first time she left, she told him she had the opportunity to resurrect/save/whatever Jason. Victor threatened her, but he also made Robin believe her house, car and everything everywhere was bugged, so she didn't tell Patrick the whole story.

Did you miss the scenes where Victor came into their house and threatened Robin? Or where Patrick told Victor that he, Patrick, would kill Victor if anything happened to Robin when she left to go save Jason? The writers retconned all of that to make it look like Robin left of her own free choice, which she never did. Faison alluded to it, when he was captured wearing the Luke mask the last time we saw him. So, yeah, Patrick has always known.

• Love 4

This sounds stupid. If I were a scrubs fan I'd be happy that they're getting some sort of happy ending but then pissed because this sounds trash as fuck. 

• Love 4

To me, this is standard soap romantic cheese. X thinking Y is dead? Y is still alive! X kisses Y out of devastation and love. I've seen it before, many times. It's what you do for certain soap couples...the over the top, epic LOVE moment. And I'm not saying it's good, but I actually do think it fits the situation Robin and Patrick have been in for years now.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

To me, this is standard soap romantic cheese. X thinking Y is dead? Y is still alive! X kisses Y out of devastation and love. I've seen it before, many times. It's what you do for certain soap couples...the over the top, epic LOVE moment. And I'm not saying it's good, but I actually do think it fits the situation Robin and Patrick have been in for years now.

I think it depends on how it is done. As long as Natalia Livingston is not hiding among magically budding flowers, then hopefully Kim and JT will be able to ground it a bit.

• Love 7

I think it depends on how it is done. As long as Natalia Livingston is not hiding among magically budding flowers, then hopefully Kim and JT will be able to ground it a bit.

Bwah! Kim and JT have never, IMO, chewed the scenery together. I think they'll be the reason why I love this, to be honest.

• Love 3

Did you miss the scenes where Victor came into their house and threatened Robin? Or where Patrick told Victor that he, Patrick, would kill Victor if anything happened to Robin when she left to go save Jason? The writers retconned all of that to make it look like Robin left of her own free choice, which she never did. Faison alluded to it, when he was captured wearing the Luke mask the last time we saw him. So, yeah, Patrick has always known.

No, I didn't miss the scenes, but Patrick wasn't around for the threats, as far as I recall. Patrick did see Victor, but from what I remember, from his point of view, it looked like Robin was choosing to go, to save Jason. Do you remember when the episode aired? I can't even pinpoint it, any more. I'd love to watch it online and figure out/remind myself exactly how much Patrick knew.

But my point still stands, that he hasn't always known, because this time, he thinks she's left him (and EMMA!) for Paris. That makes him an idiot, but idiocy is different than him having always known.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 4

Patrick definitely knows that initially she was being held hostage/threatened. He just thinks that she went to Paris of her own free will. I think. Admittedly I don't pay a lot of attention to this story lol.

I think we should take this to the GH History Lessons thread. I'll edit this post with a link, after I've posted over there. Sorry for going off-topic, moderators. I didn't remember I was in the spoiler thread.

Link to the post: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/6212-gh-history-lessons-because-history-is-always-repeating-itself/?p=1803159

Edited by General Days

Oh Nathan Varni, you cray.

I am shocked that Jordan and Curtis know each other. Black people never know each other on this show!

So a kiss cures cancer and eliminates the symptoms of a fake-death drug? Awesome.

• Love 1

Okay, this sounds hugely cheesy. What's more Romeo and Juliet is my least favorite Shakespearean play because they are such teenaged wanks... and people do not seem to get that this isn't really a romantic story and, thus, we get different versions of it every other year on every soap imaginable as well as any 'nighttime soap' worth its salt as well.

::huff::

That being said... "Thy lips are still warm!" is one of the most heart-breaking lines in the play... when Juliet wakes and kisses Romeo (who has taken the poison) and realizes how close they were... that's dreadfully sad. I'd love it if they had some sort of line like that when Patrick finds notdead!Robin. And I, too, am very much looking forward to Patrick finding out that Robin was being held prisoner again. I hope he cries a lot and begs for forgiveness and I hope Robin isn't as forthcoming with that as she probably will be.

Honestly, she should be fucking ANGRY. At Patrick and at Anna. But I don't think I'll get what I want there. Alas.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 10

And I, too, am very much looking forward to Patrick finding out that Robin was being held prisoner again. I hope he cries a lot and begs for forgiveness and I hope Robin isn't as forthcoming with that as she probably will be.

Honestly, she should be fucking ANGRY. At Patrick and at Anna. But I don't think I'll get what I want there. Alas.

If they were both staying on the show, I would want the anger. Because she should get to be angry.

Since they're leaving, though, I want the love. I want Patrick devastated, crying, etc, and I want him to give Robin the complete romantic love that she always deserved and wanted. You can call that cheesy, but it is what it is.

• Love 10

If they were both staying on the show, I would want the anger. Because she should get to be angry.

Since they're leaving, though, I want the love. I want Patrick devastated, crying, etc, and I want him to give Robin the complete romantic love that she always deserved and wanted. You can call that cheesy, but it is what it is.

I'm embracing the cheesetastic romance. And this does sound romantic, the opposite of...well, every other pairing on this show, which includes cheating as a step to dating the wife's own cousin.

Since Scrubs are leaving, I'll take the sap in all of its glory.

• Love 7

That's so fucking cheesy but I don't care, it's soapy and cute. They deserve some sort of OTT finish. I would've taken something longer and with more action for Robin herself but IDGAF at this point. I'm sure much of the execution will be mangled but I expect the performers to save it.

• Love 14

I think what that last sentence means is that Patrick realizes that she didn't run off "broken" to Paris by choice, not the initial departure to Crichton-Clark.

Yeah, it sounds cheesy.  But I dunno, I could see how seeing Robin "dead" would kinda reawaken all of Patrick's feelings for her.  And I could also see her still loving him and not wanting to waste any more time. 

I mean, it's kinda like how things ended between Angie and Jessie on ABC AMC.  By all rights, Angie should have been capital F FURIOUS at Jesse for the whole baby switch thing.  But it was the end of the show and they kinda glossed over that to get to the happy ending.  It's the same kinda scenario here, with JT leaving the show.  Would it be more realistic if maybe they left town for a fresh start and to work on things outside of Port Charles with all its memories?  Sure.

I guess, ultimately, I'm fine with it and KMc and JT will surely sell it.

• Love 4

Yeah, I can imagine they have fights about it in the future while they're off and happy together. Ultimately, I want Robin to be happy and treated right so if they do go over the top with Patrick realizing how wrong he was and just pouring the love all over her... I'm kind of fine with that.

After years of having to deal with RoHo's particular views about Todd on screen as the most celibate husband that ever was... when he returned the last year of OLTL he was more demonstrative with Blair than he had been in ages. It was good to see despite the fact that they needed to deal with lots of other stuff. He also apologized for one of his particularly odious moves...

So if Patrick apologizes for not knowing better all this time, that will go a long way.

• Love 1

Also, I like that it sounds like Robin semi-saves herself.  Jerry is going to kill her, she doesn't think anyone's coming for her/Team!Scorpio doesn't make it in time, and she uses her doctorly know-how (medicine on GH...WHAT?!?!) to whip up this death-mimicking drug.

• Love 8

Yeah, it sounds cheesy.  But I dunno, I could see how seeing Robin "dead" would kinda reawaken all of Patrick's feelings for her.  And I could also see her still loving him and not wanting to waste any more time.

I don't there's ever been any doubt that Robin still loves Patrick. She never stopped. She knew lying to Patrick in order to keep him, Emma, Anna, Mac and Robert safe would cost her her marriage. And it did. And I don't expect see her be angry, because there's not enough time for the entire arc to be done right. So I will take whatever crumbs I can get.

And I don't doubt that Kimberly and Jason will knock it out of the park and out of orbit.

Also, I like that it sounds like Robin semi-saves herself.  Jerry is going to kill her, she doesn't think anyone's coming for her/Team!Scorpio doesn't make it in time, and she uses her doctorly know-how (medicine on GH...WHAT?!?!) to whip up this death-mimicking drug.

Well, she is a Scorpio, after all. And comes by those genes naturally.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

That's so fucking cheesy but I don't care, it's soapy and cute. They deserve some sort of OTT finish. I would've taken something longer and with more action for Robin herself but IDGAF at this point. I'm sure much of the execution will be mangled but I expect the performers to save it.

This is me.

JT and KMc are gonna make me CRY.

• Love 3

All Black People Know Each Other, Again, Some More: This Week on General Hospital.

BTW, was the godawful singing in that promo necessary? Amateur hour as was linking us to the raw video complete with cutters/staffers/etc. and prob a few sensitive bits of data. I know what those materials look like and all that shit is stripped out before it goes live. Let me guess: Varni distributed it.

I'm considering it Uncle Frank's Christmas gift to us all that we didn't get Rob Watkins pop-rapping a Selena Gomez "song".

• Love 3

BTW, was the godawful singing in that promo necessary? Amateur hour as was linking us to the raw video complete with cutters/staffers/etc. and prob a few sensitive bits of data. I know what those materials look like and all that shit is stripped out before it goes live. Let me guess: Varni distributed it.

I finally got the promo to play and, yeah, what the hell is what that smurfy, stupid singing narration?

Again, I'm like phew that Sonny and Carly aren't all up in the Quartermaines' gala.  And it's nice that Jason goes.

Yeah, I can imagine they have fights about it in the future while they're off and happy together.

Which, speaking of AMC 2.0, is what ultimately got dealt with with the Hubbards re: the recent past, as could easily happen with Patrick and Robin in future, offscreen or on, but I digress! I just really miss that show.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Or, even better, the person who overhears and steps in should be Jason, who tells Carly that her opinion on what went down between himself and Elizabeth is neither needed or wanted, and to STEP THE FUCK OFF.  They could have him making it clear that he is still as mad as hell at Liz, but that the matter is between him and Liz and no one else.

But I forgot, that would make some sort of fucking sense, and we can't have that.

Not saying Carly shouldn't stfu, but JASON is the one blabbing to people.  He told Sonny, so of course he knows Carly will find out.  If he wanted to keep a lid on it, he should have kept his mouth shut.  If he knows Carly at all he KNOWS she is going to say shit to Liz.   If he wanted the matter to stay between him and Liz he shouldn't have told Sonny. 

I am not sure how I feel about that Scrubs stuff.  It sounds cheesy, but I'll give it a chance. 

And Liz chose to do this anyway with the cold hearted murderer's life because she wanted 'her time' with Jason Morgan (which is easily the grossest justification she could have chosen). She bought the ticket so she can stfu about the ride

I've hated most of RC's writing decisions (including everything about this Jason story) but that particular decision is easily the worst and most incomprehensible decision he made. To have Sonny murder AJ? AND without any lasting consequences? Abysmal.

I'd love to see that cause a lasting rift but FV seems just as committed as RC to pretending that AJ and his murder just don't matter

I can buy Liz wanting her shot at a reunion with a man that she loved. And the big reason they didn't get to stay together, was his life choice of being a hitman/thug. With "Jake" she finally got her true dream Jason. All she had to do was let Jason stay dead to his family. Which was stupid as Liz is a moral person who really doesn't deal with guilt very well. If this was Carly in Liz's spot, she could pull it off in a heartbeat. She did it with Michael's paternity. AJ would've never known if Robin hadn't spilled the beans to him. Which is why it was crazy for Nik to encourage Liz to keep up the scheme for as long as he did. After Laura learned the truth, then he should've just let the news break without it involving Liz or himself. When has Liz EVER been able to keep a major secret long term?

The person who is handling this news the best is Monica. She knows how to deal with a brain trauma Jason this time around. I just want Jason to chose her over the Gummy Mob gang again. It would quite possibly destroy Carly. Which would be worth it.

• Love 4

My exact thoughts.

So, Patrick is going to pull a 180 like we all guessed?

Sam: OK. Lets...I'll tell you what. Let's forget about the fact that you're comin' a little late to the party and embrace the idea you showed up at all.