Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I'm sorry! The thought just came to me and I couldn't bear being all alone in my horror. Here, let me make it up, Mark Lawson, ideal Lucky recast:

Happy-35th-Birthday-Mark-Lawson-141218-0

(He can act, too.)

Cute but - and I'm aware this is EXTREMELY immature and petty - but by virtue of the fact he was on OLTL, no. Just because it would piss RC off not to get more OLTL actors.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm torn. Ugh to more OLTL actors but ML is good looking and he can play a character with intelligence and heart and humor. I think I remember him being a little stiff every once in a while and he doesn't have Lucky's soul but given some of this team's casting choices (lookin at you, Fords, Tree, Dollar Store and NuLu - I really liked ER on both CBS soaps but she's miscast as Lulu ) he's basically a minor miracle - but....I dunno

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
by virtue of the fact [Mark Lawson] was on OLTL, no.

Lawson wasn't a marquee name on OLTL, so the connection doesn't bother me. I think he'd be great as Lucky, but I don't think the writing would be worth a recast. Let Lucky run off to wherever he's going to run off to, but let us know he's in touch with the boys on a regular basis.

• Love 5

Maybe this should go in the Unpopular Thread or Speculation, but I don't think that fuckwit or his partner in crime, the other fuckwit, would ever recast Robin or Lucky because then they wouldn't be able to dig into those wonderful flashbacks of Kimberly and JJ as young'ns and make our my heart strings sing.

• Love 2

Cute but - and I'm aware this is EXTREMELY immature and petty - but by virtue of the fact he was on OLTL, no. Just because it would piss RC off not to get more OLTL actors.

Which means that I can't get James DePaiva or Fiona Hutchison back in daytime ever on GH, even though they were last OLTL cast members 3 or 4 years before Ron became head writer, even though I miss them terribly and my teenage heart still stings from their loss. YOU DON'T WANT ME TO EVER BE HAPPY, DO YOU. :'( 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'd take Mark Lawson as Lucky in a heartbeat, but I sadly don't think he'd get a fair shake, especially right after Jonathan Jackson.  "Ron is replacing Jonathan Jackson with someone from OLTL, kill him!".

As for You Know Who, if he was going to show up on GH, I think it would have been as Dillon, or even Lucas.  I think we're safe. *throws salt over shoulder just in case*

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
(edited)

I dunno. RC lurved him some Jazzhands McRubberface. I think given a choice between casting him as Tracy's throwaway son or giving him the role of Lucky Spencer?

Do you really want to hurt me?

Do you really want to make me cry?

:crumples onto the floor sobbing, clutching picture of JJ:

Edited by magnolia11
  • Love 13

Maybe this should go in the Unpopular Thread or Speculation, but I don't think that fuckwit or his partner in crime, the other fuckwit, would ever recast Robin or Lucky because then they wouldn't be able to dig into those wonderful flashbacks of Kimberly and JJ as young'ns and make our my heart strings sing.

They don't give a crap about the actual characters, they care about the "buzz" generated when KMc or JJ make a guest appearance.

• Love 3

Jeff Branson is a Y&R actor, though, so six of one...  

Plus, he seems to not remotely be interested in committing to a soap. He'd maybe be willing to come and go, but then we'd just end up with the same crappy writing Ron gives every other character who's portrayed by someone who comes and goes.  

Well Jeff was on AMC first  (loved Jonathan and Lily)

Ah, yes, I remember him. Jonathan Lavery, the abusive murderer with a BRAIN TUMOR that supposedly caused all his bad behavior. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Jeff Branson is a good actor, though something about his face grosses me out. I don't know what.

• Love 3

yes and once he had the tumor taken out, he was still a pariah, but with limited abilities (like one with a tumor would have)  But I still loved him and Lily together.  Jack would disagree with me though.

• Love 1
The proposal itself, the actress beams, "is well-written, well-done, and Carly/Sonny fans are going to be so happy. Maurice was adorable, of course, and we have little baby Avery with us when he does it, which makes it all ever cuter."

Nothing screams "cute" like Sonny and Carly.

• Love 3

Nothing screams "cute" like Sonny and Carly.

Carly, Sonny, and the next kid who's going to be shot/blown up due to Sonny.  Gotta throw the baby who will no doubt be in a coma at some point before she hits driving age to up the cute factor. 

• Love 2
(edited)
we have little baby Avery with us when he does it

Awww, that's nice that Carly's kid is there...oh wait...

And hey, did Sonny ever get that ghost!divorce from Ghost!Connie?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Apparently SOD also says that Sonny takes back his organization, which is again targeted for a takeover.  FFS, way to immediately break your promise to Michael, Sonny.

"But.... but Son, I only promised Avery wouldn't see me be a bad guy. And besides, I'm the good mobster!"

• Love 2

Since she's invisible anyway, the show should really ship Joss off to Jax because no way do I believe that he would let his daughter live in Sonny's house.

I didn't even think of that (probably because Carly only spends time with Joss about once every 3-4 months).  That shit will piss me off. I refuse to tolerate Jax's daughter living in the Moobster's house.  Fuck that. 

• Love 2

I didn't even think of that (probably because Carly only spends time with Joss about once every 3-4 months).  That shit will piss me off. I refuse to tolerate Jax's daughter living in the Moobster's house.  Fuck that. 

Maybe shes staying with Bobbie in carly house lol but yeah Jax needs to come and get her.

I thought Sonny already took back his organization? If Sonny doesn't already have it then who has been running it since Duke died?

GH has now become "choose your own adventure", a la "if you think Sonny took back his business 6 months ago, apply selective amnesia to date X given thereafter" and "if you think Sonny has yet to get his business, forget all mentions prior". It's the RC way.

• Love 6

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2015/07/general-hospital-spoilers-july-13-2015-edition/

Elizabeth is "pleased"? okay, whoever wrote this, I think you need to use a better word.

I imagine a parent would not merely be "pleased" if they found out their kids was really alive

Scotty and Jordan join forces?? this will end well.

boo hoo Luke. Deal with it.

Too much Nina.

It's nice that 20 billion years later, the clinic pops up again.

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2015/07/general-hospital-spoilers-july-13-2015-edition/

Elizabeth is "pleased"? okay, whoever wrote this, I think you need to use a better word.

I imagine a parent would not merely be "pleased" if they found out their kids was really alive

Scotty and Jordan join forces?? this will end well.

boo hoo Luke. Deal with it.

Too much Nina.

It's nice that 20 billion years later, the clinic pops up again.

Yawn. Next.

(edited)

Is it possible to give negative fucks? Because I'm pretty sure I give fewer than zero fucks about WE (-2)NEVER CARED's fragile mental state

An upset Valerie opens up to Jordan about what’s troubling her

The fuck? Did RC just decide they were besties because they're both brown?  Why is Valerie talking to her boss about this? It's too bad RC didn't bother to develop any relationships with friends or family before he made her Lante roadkill

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Is it possible to give negative fucks? Because I'm pretty sure I give fewer than zero fucks about WE (-2)NEVER CARED's fragile mental state

I hope she slits her wrists in despair and then gets mowed down by one of Port Chuckles' amazing drivers. I don't care who does it . . . Carly, Liz, Hells, Alexis, and Luke all have a precedent for hitting someone with a car.

• Love 1
(edited)
Meanwhile, Kiki asks Michael to talk to Sonny about allowing Denise to see the baby.

Bitch has some balls asking Michael for a favor.  Is she forgetting that the last time she saw him is when "Operation Alcoholic got busted wide open?  I hope she walks in on Michael and Sabrina doing it.

Speaking of Kiki walking in on people doing it...

Despite the possible repercussions, Morgan and Denise continue to act on their feelings.

Yeeesss, keep at it until Kiki catches you in the act!

Brad drops a major bombshell onto Lucas.

Wow, we're actually gonna hear Brad's secret?  That's sooner than I was expecting.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
Despite the possible repercussions, Morgan and Denise continue to act on their feelings.

Yeeesss, keep at it until Kiki catches you in the act!

Seriously, and have her be so upset she jumps off the pier and drowns.

• Love 4

I'm still wondering if it's gonna be something like Lucky brings Jake home to Liz, but then they agree Jake needs, I dunno, Cassadine de-brainwashing or something so Lucky goes off with him and then a recast Lucky and Jake can return in the fall.

• Love 2