Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I just can't wait till Patrick cries once Jason is revealed. Gonna pause and rewind that shit.

I'm going to get my boyfriend to loop it to "All By Myself " or some other sad song.

*The actual real boyfriend who puts up with me daily. Not any fantasy boyfriend.

• Love 3

And Patrick is just superfluous now. And this comes from a once huge Scrubs fan.

Patrick had a POV and a voice in Scrubs. He got to disagree and challenge Robin. Now he's just here to service Sam and be her yes man. Even this moving in proposition is about HER and if SHE'S ready and how SHE feels. He's A-OK and coolio about everything and anything. It's boring. I see why Sam fans love it, but come on. It's not moving for pretty much anyone else.

• Love 4

Here's some tasty gossip.....

Various sites (serial drama's fb, celeb dirty laundry) are saying Melissa Archer is fired from Days. Could she be coming to GH? Is that the reason why ME's contract was renewed?

*don't get all twisty.... it's gossip at this point*

I really like MA and she is totally wasted on Days, but this show has way too many characters already. In that article about re-creating the first episode for the anniversary in April, I believe Becky said the show had 70 characters currently. She may have been exaggerating a bit and she may be counting characters that havent appeared in a while like Robin and others like Judge Walters, but still it's ridiculous, un-sustainable, and un-manageable.

All that said, I am not in favor of any sort of mass death. I am favor much in favor of a specific list of characters leaving town for various reasons.

• Love 2

I will take JPL if it means Kiki dies. At least JPL was UCG.

Ewww, no.  Especially because you know they'd cast him as Dillon Quartermaine.  NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

As for Melissa Archer, I loved her as Natalie on OLTL, but I don't particularly need to see her on this overstuffed show, especially once again paired with Michael Easton.

But really, that's just the usual "A soap star is leaving one show, then is rumored to immediately be going to another show" spec.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

No to ANYMORE ACTORS, ESPECIALLY actors from other dead soaps.

Look, I'm sorry the NY soaps are dead and the pond is but a puddle now, but GH is overstuffed and a prime example of a dumping ground for "gets" who are then pointless and wasted on a good day.

If Ms. Archer is fired from Days, have her try her luck on one of the Bell soaps. Barring that, prime time. But if the rumor has merit and those suggestions don't work? I hope she took some clerical courses after OLTL folded or something.

Start writing for the poor actors we have and who are so marginalized as to be off the stove, never mind the back burner.

• Love 2

Especially because you know they'd cast him as Dillon Quartermaine. 

Thank you for that hideous image. Ugh

I think the only thing that would be worse would be JPL as Lucky

Edited by Oracle42

I just can't wait till Patrick cries once Jason is revealed. Gonna pause and rewind that shit.

If RC does a thing where Danny somehow finds out that Jake is his father, and then just as Patrick and Sam are getting married he breaks through their hands and runs down the aisle calling, "Daddd-eeee" and into Jake's arms, I swear, I will laugh so hard I pee.

Patrick doesn't deserve any sort of happiness and it is long past time he lost hard and lost big.

3 things...

1. Why isn't Patrick looking away?

Because he's checking out Alexis's goodies.

Because he's a douchebag.

• Love 3

Various sites (serial drama's fb, celeb dirty laundry) are saying Melissa Archer is fired from Days. Could she be coming to GH? Is that the reason why ME's contract was renewed?

The answer is 'no.'

• Love 6

Didn't Jason/Sam/Alexis have a similar scene? I remember it being funny

It was hilarious. This clip missed the giant record scratch when they were going at it and then Alexis walked in. I died laughing that day.

If I thought that MA was coming, I'd welcome her since it would remove Ava from ME's orbit. But unfortunately, nothing is happening to help me on that front.

Patrick doesn't deserve any sort of happiness.

This. I don't know where the narrative of Patrick "deserving to be happy" came from, but it has got to go. Bury it! The player who cheated on his wife with a complete psycho? The guy who is sleeping with the woman his wife wanted to help? He gets a happy ending? He gets sympathy? No. Dante deserves to be happy. Mac deserves to be happy. Patrick does not. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Sneak peek of tomorrow:

Not as awkward as Alexis walking in on Jason/Sam, but close! And thanks for posting the Jasam/Alexis clip, Oracle42…never fails to make me laugh.

And a big fat NO to MA coming over. Even if I liked her acting, I wouldn't want another character/actor on a show that has way too many already.

• Love 2

Clips like those remind me of how great KeMo is at comedy. I wish she got to showcase it more.

ETA my favorite part of the JaSam clip was Jason's helpful "there's another door" "there's another door right there" lol. See? Sometimes the old JaSam sparkle makes me nostalgic....even if that clip was from AFTER he threatened to kill her. Potato, potatoe.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 6

okay I might have to eat some crow, damn it. I am reading magazine spoilers and Tony Geary says in one of them that the illness will "explain Luke's side, including the rape". Sigh. REALLY, show? Really? I am surprised that Tony Geary will let that one be explained away by illness.

And b, if they are touching the rape, shouldn't, I don't know, fucking Laura be here to know that Luke wasn't in control of his actions when he raped her? Are they seriously gonna turn that conversation into a phone call. "Uh, hey Laura, just wanted to let you know, when I raped you, it turns out I actually had a psychotic break. Well, have a baguette for me. Bye!"

"Uh, hey, Lucky. Went straight to voicemail. Remember when you found out I raped your mother and it devastated you and turned your world upside down and everything you knew to be true seemed taken away from you? Turns out it's kind of okay after all, because it was my psychotic dark side responsible for that! Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about my psychotic dark side. I tried to kill everyone, like, everyone in town, including Lucas, Bobbie, Lulu, and Tracy. For some reason I skipped Morgan though even though he sucks now. It was cah-razy! Well, pass along this information to what's his face, will you? Bye!"

Maybe it won't be what I think though. Maybe.

• Love 13

Well Billy is only under contract for a year and he's already been airing since late Sep '14, and he allegedly has outs if he gets another project. I'd be really surprised if he stayed considering if was just in an Oscar winning film. And I will laugh by butt off if he stretches out the reveal and then has four days to wrap it up.

This is exactly what Re-Ron would do. remember Robert Scorpio ????

I knew they were going to retcon some of Luke's more heinous behavior as being Fluke's.  Blech.

Ron did this with Todd/VicTodd on OLTL, too. (And Franco!!) It's so aggravating. Does Ron think this suddenly makes the heinous actions okay? Making Luke somehow less culpable for raping Laura doesn't mean Laura wasn't raped. And I don't see the point of retconning it anyway, given that the two of them worked it out years ago.

I can deal with them explaining away Luke's action in the recent past and present, but it's cheap and unnecessary to go all the way back to the rape. Ron, STOP USING RAPE AS A PLOT POINT. God.

Why do I keep watching a show that sends me into near daily rage blackouts?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 12

okay I might have to eat some crow, damn it. I am reading magazine spoilers and Tony Geary says in one of them that the illness will "explain Luke's side, including the rape". Sigh. REALLY, show? Really? I am surprised that Tony Geary will let that one be explained away by illness.

And b, if they are touching the rape, shouldn't, I don't know, fucking Laura be here to know that Luke wasn't in control of his actions when he raped her? Are they seriously gonna turn that conversation into a phone call. "Uh, hey Laura, just wanted to let you know, when I raped you, it turns out I actually had a psychotic break. Well, have a baguette for me. Bye!"

"Uh, hey, Lucky. Went straight to voicemail. Remember when you found out I raped your mother and it devastated you and turned your world upside down and everything you knew to be true seemed taken away from you? Turns out it's kind of okay after all, because it was my psychotic dark side responsible for that! Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about my psychotic dark side. I tried to kill everyone, like, everyone in town, including Lucas, Bobbie, Lulu, and Tracy. For some reason I skipped Morgan though even though he sucks now. It was cah-razy! Well, pass along this information to what's his face, will you? Bye!"

Maybe it won't be what I think though. Maybe.

If this is true, and they go there with the *it wasn't my fault*, I will build an addition on the barge so I can never see this show again. Not that FrankenRon care. They only do what they want. fans be damned. They have actually made me see Luke and FF or if actually watching very unusual changing the channel.

I shouldn't be but I'm surprised that Ron & Frank would be arrogant enough to re-visit the rape and presumably Luke's other bad acts and explain them away as done by his psychotic alter, without Laura & Lucky on-screen. Where are they?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Lucky probably already knew. The rocks told him. 

• Love 8

okay I might have to eat some crow, damn it. I am reading magazine spoilers and Tony Geary says in one of them that the illness will "explain Luke's side, including the rape".

I could see a story where's Luke's rape of Laura was the act that triggered the break -- it could be a decent story if told well* . . . dealing with awfulness of his childhood, then realizing what he had done to Laura made him more like his father than he cared to admit . . . so the alter emerged to protect the "good" Luke. 

*yeah, I know, but I'm trying to hope for the best  …

• Love 6

If the really try to pin Luke raping Laura on his DID or whatever it is he is supposed to have that would be the biggest cop out in soap history, and it would be a complete rewrite seeing as everytime Luke talked about the rape he was shown to completely acknowledge that he had been fully aware of what he was doing.

Ron did this with Todd/VicTodd on OLTL, too.

How so? If you mean TSJ/Frodd then I agree, since the "2 Todds" thing absolved him from the rapemance. But real Todd's gang rape of Marty was never really whitewashed, which I guess we should all be thankfull for (though had OLTL remained on the air with RC as HW I wouldn't be surprised if he had tried to by now).

I could see a story where's Luke's rape of Laura was the act that triggered the break -- it could be a decent story if told well* . . . dealing with awfulness of his childhood, then realizing what he had done to Laura made him more like his father than he cared to admit . . . so the alter emerged to protect the "good" Luke.

This, however, doesn't sound so bad. Which just makes me think that is not how they will do it.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 3

I don't think Tony would ever play a story where Laura's rape was pinned on an 'alter', anymore than Roger Howarth allowed it at OLTL. Unless he's ill and in poor health enough that he doesn't care.

What was done with Todd and the rapemance was different - the original Todd would never have done that, it was a redline that demolished the character with Trevor St. John in the role, and Ron, who loved the rapemance story, was forced to sort of tacitly walk it back when he came up with his Two Todds saga. He has always maintained that people "just didn't get" the rapemance, but when it came time to do the latter story he did erase it from Todd's history via Victor Jr. being TSJ's character instead, and he did have a scene where Todd asked his loved ones how they could have believed he could ever do that again. That's as close as I think Ron ever came to admitting he was wrong.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

And, I'd bet dollars to donuts, Luke running over Jake.

That, I'm kinda fine with, although it does have the maddening side factor of confirming it wasn't Luke's drinking (although, if I had a split personality, drinking alcohol doesn't seem like the best idea to keep doing . . . ) but since they do that anyway, might as well erase that bad idea, kinda.

I don't think Tony would ever play a story where Laura's rape was pinned on an 'alter', anymore than Roger Howarth allowed it at OLTL. Unless he's ill and in poor health enough that he doesn't care.

I hope you're right.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

To his limited credit I think Ron has always wanted to get rid of what Luke did to Jake, just as I have. He tried harping on that issue and on Luke's drinking in his first two years and TG put a stop to much of it.

I don't think the way to handle it is another fucking DID story, but here we are and I guess I will take it.

• Love 4

An alter running over Jake would at least explain somewhat why Luke basically shrugged and told everyone to get over it. I know the story was all about Jason and his stupid manpain, but Luke owed Liz and Lucky a lot more than he gave them. Changing the name of a bar is hardly atoning.

• Love 7

What was done with Todd and the rapemance was different - the original Todd would never have done that, it was a redline that demolished the character with Trevor St. John in the role, and Ron, who loved the rapemance story, was forced to sort of tacitly walk it back when he came up with his Two Todds saga. He has always maintained that people "just didn't get" the rapemance, but when it came time to do the latter story he did erase it from Todd's history via Victor Jr. being TSJ's character instead, and he did have a scene where Todd asked his loved ones how they could have believed he could ever do that again. That's as close as I think Ron ever came to admitting he was wrong.

I'd almost forgotten how happy I was that he didn't get the chance to write much for RH's Todd. I would love PP forever for that alone.

• Love 6

I could see a story where's Luke's rape of Laura was the act that triggered the break -- it could be a decent story if told well

I'd prefer that killing Jake be the thing that triggered the break.

• Love 4