Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

And apparently, we will finally find out the results of the election the week of January 12. About time.

It takes a long time when you're counting on only two sets of fingers and toes.

In other news, hey, Lucas!  He gets to be on-screen, talk to his nephew, AND is offered a job!  Buuut...is he really qualified to run a clinic?

If Emily can graduate from med school during a commercial break, I'd say Lucas is more than qualified.

Olivia confides in Carly about her attempt to make Ned jealous.

Is Olivia still drunk while doing this? If not, when did she and Carly make up? I thought they were on the outs.

I couldn't care less about Ava naming her baby, but at least it annoys Nina.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Well I certainly didn't need any proof that January was probably going to be a major snooze fest but those spoilers pretty much confirm it. So much of the action continues to revolve around the majority of the characters I don't give two shimmy shakes about, fantastic.

The thought of Ron twisting yet even more Spencer family folklore and history makes my blood boil. Now he's potentially fucking with actual geographical locations to further push this wretched mess of a storyline with notLuke? Ffs...

Ah, it was a wrench that Guza probably threw him.  There was the Christmas years ago when it showed a past when Bobbie and Luke could have been raised by Edward and Lila, but they went to Florida to be raised by Ruby instead.  So, Ron is just exploiting a stupid retcon of Bob's to start with.

So, Ron is just exploiting a stupid retcon of Bob's to start with.

And wasn't that just a stupid Christmas one-off?  Luke having his own Christmas Carol/Scrooge episode?  So, for a lame retcon one-off, the Spencer family home was originally in PC?  Ugh

And wasn't that just a stupid Christmas one-off?  Luke having his own Christmas Carol/Scrooge episode?  So, for a lame retcon one-off, the Spencer family home was originally in PC?  Ugh

That's how Ron rolls.  Because, of course, HISTORY!  See, he knows GH history, all you hatahs!

In other news, hey, Lucas!  He gets to be on-screen, talk to his nephew, AND is offered a job!  Buuut...is he really qualified to run a clinic?

Technically, no, I mean, he didn't even do a residency (and soap medicine/education apparently does not follow real world rules anyway). A senior doctor like Monica, Patrick, or even Silas should be running a clinic. But it's Ron doing something right for once. Fixing the unemployment trend in the 20-30 somethings. And the biggest pro of all is that Felix will not be there!

Now if we can get Kiki, Morgan, and Maxie jobs in the new year, we'll be on the right track.

eta: I hope Lucas doesn't stop at "offer" and actually takes the damn job. 

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 1

Bobbie also decided to get involved with Scott again, so she's been off her game for a while.

Good point. 

"Hey I know! Let's have Bobbie and Scott together again! It'll be just like 1988 except totally not like 1988!"

• Love 2

Bobbie also decided to get involved with Scott again, so she's been off her game for a while.

Barbara Jean has got some work to do to score points with me after how she reacted to the AJ reveal.  "My daughter covered up a murder, but it's not her fault, it's Scotty's!".  Blech.

• Love 5

Okay, I saw this in a spoiler roundup.  

Luke and Bobbie's tense moment is about their sister, Patricia. She was never on, right?

Does anyone remember even a mention of a Spencer sibling, Patricia?

Okay, I saw this in a spoiler roundup.  

Does anyone remember even a mention of a Spencer sibling, Patricia?

Back in the 70s she was mentioned.I'd seen her name in clips.I think she was even rumored to come on but GM dropped her.

• Love 1

I'd completely forgotten all about "Pat", I believe she was last talked about before Luke even came onto the show, it may even be over thirty years ago at this point, oh dear lord...if Ron is serious about doing something with her now...this is not going to end well, no way in hell. 

She's a character who was never seen on screen and pretty much is a blank slate when it comes to her life so Ron can have her say and do whatever he wants or be connected to whomever he wants and it won't go against any known GH history so he can't get dinged for that. This just has "terrible" written all over it to me.

• Love 4

Tony Geary and Erika Slezak filmed a cross-promotional thing years ago (another had ME and KeMo, IIRC, long before the end of OLTL was in sight), and it was kind of hilarious, because they have such different energies. I could see him wanting to strangle Robin Strasser. But both women would keep him on his toes and give him a run for his money.

• Love 3

I thought Tony was very respectful of Erika, very good with her. They had a fair bit of chemistry.

I have thought before about the show maybe using Luke and Bobbie's forgotten sister someday. I wouldn't object to it under the right circumstances. It would certainly be a different role for Erika Slezak, but I am not sure she's interested. I also suspect the sister is actually dead.

• Love 4

So will Erika Slezak or Robin Strasser be playing "Patricia Spencer"?

Bite your tongue on either one!

For the record, I could see RS there.  She's a redhead like JZ and is already out in LA, IIRC.  But I'm not sure how she left things with FV/RC at the end of OLTL.

Edited by MSquared
  • Love 2

RS would outfierce everyone in the set if she showed up. Ryan Paevy would run in the corner crying just from the sight of her. She'd (in my dreams) hit Frank with a script and say "I have my own hat person, wardrobe, and makeup. And wigs. " Then she'd go up to Roger and smack him with her hat box saying "YOU HAD INTEGRITY!" Then she would just go on and be amazing.

ES same, but not hats. Jewels.

• Love 3

Fluke is going to be Patricia, isn't he?  

Oh god DON'T PUT THIS OUT INTO THE UNIVERSE. TAKE IT BACK! REPENT! REPENT! I'M MELTING! 

Sorry. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 7

Oh god DON'T PUT THIS OUT INTO THE UNIVERSE. TAKE IT BACK! REPENT! REPENT! I'M MELTING! 

Sorry. 

Believe me, I've been repenting ever since the thought popped into my head.  Visions of TG flouncing around on camera in floral muumuus as Patricia are horrific, I tell you.  

• Love 1

Believe me, I've been repenting ever since the thought popped into my head.  Visions of TG flouncing around on camera in floral muumuus as Patricia are horrific, I tell you.  

Patricia will have become "Patrick", having gone through a full fledged sex change to explain why Tracy never suspected anything during sex.

Yep, my brain just cried a little.

• Love 3

He just looks...so stupid.  No human being person ever gets out of bed in their own apartment, opts for tight briefs over pajama pants or something like that, and cooks up a meal.  

And if the point was showing him shirtless - AGAIN! - why put him in an apron that covers it all up?

Edited by TeeVee329

Calling it now.  Helena overhears Sam telling Nikolas her theory on Jake and/or Dr O tells her Sam is sniffing around.  And Jake's next assignment is to take Sam out.

Or kidnap her. Ooh, maybe Sam and Robin will be held captive together! Then they can save each other, and come back to Port Charles. Sam can hold Patrick down while Robin kicks him in the balls repeatedly.

• Love 5

Or kidnap her. Ooh, maybe Sam and Robin will be held captive together! Then they can save each other, and come back to Port Charles. Sam can hold Patrick down while Robin kicks him in the balls repeatedly.

Oh, I wish. Unfortunately, I only see Sam bitching at Robin when she finally returns to town aka when Ron's ready to use "the vet" to blow up everyone's lives.

Oh, I wish. Unfortunately, I only see Sam bitching at Robin when she finally returns to town aka when Ron's ready to use "the vet" to blow up everyone's lives.

Oh, goodie, a rerun. (Since, you know, mean Robin ruined poorpoorpoorSobby's cotton candy romance with ROBIN'S hubby. I think Ron really does just cross names out on old scripts and adds the new one.)

Btw.....

Blind Gossip is talking GH again.

This is about two divas. One leading lady wants out, like yesterday. Writers are scrambling to figure out if they should recast or just put her GH character out of it's misery.

This soap diva's major fan base has gone to her head. She has crazy stipulations for her 2015 return. Look for her to be dictating which love intrests she has/won't have and her entire storyline.

BG moderates comments and is very careful about what they post.

Guesses so far are MSt, JMB (rumored to return as a cousin of Lulu), Vanessa Marcil (rumored to come back every 6 months), KMc, KeMo, LW, and Rebecca Herbst. That's interesting.

I doubt it's BH. She was backburnered forever and never said a word. I can't imagine she's suddenly started making demands. LW and KeMo have also been around long enough to know how the show works. KMc isn't around enough to be a diva, but I can see VM wanting stuff completely locked in before she returns. Her last story was a disaster. 

I can see MSt being unhappy—she finishes out this story and then what? Nina hasn't been established as a character outside of her revenge plans. 

But who's fan base would suddenly go to her head? All these women are soap vets. It's not as if some newbie is suddenly popular. Unless they mean RP? Heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
Guesses so far are MSt, JMB (rumored to return as a cousin of Lulu), Vanessa Marcil (rumored to come back every 6 months), KMc, KeMo, LW, and Rebecca Herbst. That's interesting.

I'd love JMB to come back and would hate Brenda to make an appearance.

But it is fun to speculate - I am hoping that it is Sam.  I'd rather her story minutes be taken by JMB.  JMB and the NuJason (if we are going to be stuck with the 'Jason, Sonny, and Carly show') would be a fun pair to watch.

Edited by sunnyface

Re: Blind Items

Ron and Co have shown they really don't care about veterans no matter how many return or are already on canvas.  See their treatment of SK as AJ, a Q legacy with excellent father/son chemistry with CD's Michael and, as much as I hate her, fantastic chemistry with LW's Carly.  I think, weirdly enough, a pairing with AJ would have made her likeable to me, finally.  IT would be the real Carly, an insecure white trash girl scheming and desperate for love paired with the self-destructive poor little rich boy also desperate for love.  Why are TPTB so stupid in their ignorance of gold staring them in the fucking face?

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 1

Oh, goodie, a rerun. (Since, you know, mean Robin ruined poorpoorpoorSobby's cotton candy romance with ROBIN'S hubby. I think Ron really does just cross names out on old scripts and adds the new one.)

As long as Robin comes back for super short stints, she'll never have a POV and will be the so-called villain in the story, bulldozing everyone's fairytale lives. It still makes me laugh that the MORNING after Robin comes back from the dead, Patty is punching out Carlos.

Edited by HeatLifer
Ron and Co have shown they really don't care about veterans no matter how many return or are already on canvas.  See their treatment of SK as AJ, a Q legacy with excellent father/son chemistry with CD's Michael and, as much as I hate her, fantastic chemistry with LW's Carly.  I think, weirdly enough, a pairing with AJ would have made her likeable to me, finally.  IT would be the real Carly, an insecure white trash girl scheming and desperate for love paired with the self-destructive poor little rich boy also desperate for love.  Why are TPTB so stupid in their ignorance of gold staring them in the fucking face?

I think they have shown that they care just enough to get the vet they want to sign on the dotted line.  The execution is where is they screw them over.

Maybe the diva is Genie Francis.  Heh.  

The returning diva has the huge fanbase according to the blind.

That makes sense because I don't see LW, KeMo, or BH causing that much of a stir. They all have sizeable fanbases, but they know the deal.

I think the blind could be about VM, especially after the clusterfuck that was her last return.

As for the leading lady who wants to exit, I'll throw my vote to MSt. IDK how she feels about playing crazy, but Nina sucks and never should have shown up on-screen.

• Love 4

I actually liked VM's brief 2013 return, but her 2010/11 return from a complete clusterfuck so I don't blame her or any other returning vet for getting story guarantees in a contractual writing.

• Love 4

If JMB were returning they would just bring her back as Lulu, not as another character only two years after she left the show. That's only for folk known as Easton, Howarth, and Alderson. Hell, I'd put more money on Kiki being written out and Kristen Alderson brought back as Lulu's cousin than I would JMB.

Maybe the diva is Genie Francis.  Heh.

I wouldn't be surprised, but given how her last stint went I wouldn't blame her at ALL for wanting major control.

• Love 5

That blind item may be written as some diva making outlandish demands, but my guess is it's just an actress who is aware of the kind of crap Ron and Frank pull, and she doesn't want to get the same shitty treatment SK got with his return. 

• Love 8