Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Monica keeps vigil.

This only reinforces my belief someone gets shot at Ned and Olivia's wedding.

12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

What does this mean?  Ava fires him, after all he's done for her?

Has Scott been helping Julian? I can see that ending.

There have been rumors that DZ is out, and that they may recast, and now there is a casting call out using an old script that they used for Nathan's casting, a scene with Anna and an officer. So I'm pretty sure he is leaving.

• Love 2

I'll be sorry to see him go, but I don't think he ever had the same natural chemistry with ER that he had with JMB. He made it work because he's a pro (as is ER), but Dante and Lulu became way too placid. Of course, the writing for the characters didn't help, as always.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'll be sorry to see him go, but I don't think he ever had the same natural chemistry with ER that he had with JMB. He made it work because he's a pro (as is ER), but Dante and Lulu became way too placid. Of course, the writing for the characters didn't help, as always.

I could never recover after Lulu was recast. It just didn't work for me all-around.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, jsbt said:

"The role of Dante Falconeri will now be played by David Gregory."

Not enough of a get.  I bet Unka Frank is sending out feelers to Joshua Morrow and/or Greg Rikaart as we speak.

What he should do is snatch up Wade Briggs* from ABC megabomb STILL STAR-CROSSED.  The guy's good, and at this point he probably comes cheap.

* - AKA "The Only Person In The Main Cast Who Can Actually Act".

• Love 1
(edited)

Better writing would have improved the NuLu situation but the casting was a big problem for me too.  She was wrong for the part and wrong for the pairing. I think FV just saw two short actors with big eyes and thought that would be visually appealing without thinking about the actual character at all.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, yowsah1 said:

I bet Unka Frank is sending out feelers to Joshua Morrow and/or Greg Rikaart as we speak.

I'll accept Joshua Morrow, but only if we get a scene like this:

I'd be torn on Wade Briggs because I love him so it'd be nice to see him, but he's way too good for this show and it would make me cringe if he took a job on it. It'll never happen though so it's fine!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'd be torn on Wade Briggs because I love him so it'd be nice to see him, but he's way too good for this show

He's way too good for the show he is currently on, so at least he would be used to shitty writing, horrible directing, and talent-free co-stars.

• Love 1

For those of you who've paid attention: Nelle and Michael talked about how he had a real family, with all that comes with it.   Has there been any reference to Nelle's mother? I assume she's not Virginia's daughter.  I remember a conversation where she told Michael that her father, Frank, abandoned her  for a time after the kidney surgery.  i guess Frank died years ago? She told Nina that she left bad memories in Florida. 

7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

For those of you who've paid attention: Nelle and Michael talked about how he had a real family, with all that comes with it.   Has there been any reference to Nelle's mother? I assume she's not Virginia's daughter.  I remember a conversation where she told Michael that her father, Frank, abandoned her  for a time after the kidney surgery.  i guess Frank died years ago? She told Nina that she left bad memories in Florida. 

It was established that Nelle's mother is a woman for whom Frank left Virginia.  So no, she's not Nelle's mother.

Is that Martina woman gone? If so, what was the point of that? I won't miss her, but that was a lot of trouble to go to for a one-night stand/S&C speed bump.  

I guess she's hanging out with Aaron (Kristina's guy from last summer) wherever aborted love interests hang out. Gene's Branford Roadhouse, perhaps. 

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

He's way too good for the show he is currently on, so at least he would be used to shitty writing, horrible directing, and talent-free co-stars.

For me, all but Escalus are just as good as him and Still Star-Crossed is like 1000 times better written and directed than GH so agree to disagree! And I mean there's no way in hell he's gonna be a recast Dante anyway.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Is that Martina woman gone? If so, what was the point of that? I won't miss her, but that was a lot of trouble to go to for a one-night stand/S&C speed bump.  

I feel like it was 30% providing S/C a roadblock and 70% reminding the audience that Sonny is totally still sexy and irresistible to women half his age.

• Love 3

I can't see going from Shondaland to GH unless you have terrible, terrible representation.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I feel like it was 30% providing S/C a roadblock and 70% reminding the audience that Sonny is totally still sexy and irresistible to women half his age.

I'd adjust that ratio to 20/80.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Aaron (Kristina's guy from last summer)

I was so hoping it was going to be revealed that Aaron was an FBI plant trying to get info on Sonny.  But, no, he actually fucking admired Sonny's business acumen.  Because of course he did.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I was so hoping it was going to be revealed that Aaron was an FBI plant trying to get info on Sonny.  

What would be the point? It's not like he would be able to do any damage to Sonny.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

What would be the point? It's not like he would be able to do any damage to Sonny.

To that end, what was the point of him as he was written?  If they're going to put a character on screen at least give him something to do.  There are enough characters that already fawn over Sonny. 

• Love 6

To that end, what was the point of him as he was written?

I'll take a stab: Aaron served to reassure the audience that the options were open for Kristina. She wasn't necessarily going to be "General Hospital's Bianca"; her future love interests could be female or male. Making him such a Sonny fan and then a Sonny employee was, I think, to stack the deck for him as someone both Sonny and Alexis could approve of. He ticked various boxes: respectful, smart, goal-directed, age-appropriate, male. But she wanted Parker, who was not at least two of those things.   

Of course, as it worked out, Kristina had a female love interest and a male love interest and they're both history. Now we're here a year later and she's superfluous again, a snotty recurring talk-to character who turns sweet when she needs money. 

John DeLuca was pretty good in that role; I wish they had kept him around. His Twitter suggests he isn't shy about showing his body, either.  

18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

To that end, what was the point of him as he was written?  If they're going to put a character on screen at least give him something to do.  There are enough characters that already fawn over Sonny. 

Just to give Kristina someone to sleep with, I guess. I'm glad they didn't give him more, imo he was bad.

30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

here are enough characters that already fawn over Sonny. 

And the show has made it extremely clear that anyone who doesn't think Sonny isn't the greatest guy in PC isn't worth rooting for. I mean, they've got the priest practically singing Sonny's praises. Even Anna isn't immune. It's ridiculous.

At this point, I just want someone who's totally uninterested in Sonny. That's the thing that would really affect him, someone who sees him and thinks, "Eh, whatever. I need a BLT from Kelly's, then I've got to pick up my laundry."

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

At this point, I just want someone who's totally uninterested in Sonny. That's the thing that would really affect him, someone who sees him and thinks, "Eh, whatever. I need a BLT from Kelly's, then I've got to pick up my laundry."

They need to have one of the new characters they bring in not even know who he is. Man, that would be hilarious. But it'll never happen becasue Sonny is nationally known as the Greatest Mobster in the World and that is somehow something every single person finds awesome.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So they introduced Joss' love interest on Friday, right?  Did we get any payout to Giddens' remark that he's from "a family the fans love"?

Maybe it's just me, but when I saw Joss's love interest I thought he kinda looked like a combination of Stone and a younger Sonny. I literally smacked my head and thought dammit, Joss is gonna forgive Sonny.

As far as what family their going to attach him to, they wouldn't make him somehow related to Sonny right? Please? No more Sonny!

(edited)

We haven't heard his last name yet, I don't think. I don't know who the family could be, since the Corinthii are the only ones we're supposed to love.

Joss is gonna forgive Sonny.

Of course she is. She'll probably be able to be slightly miffed but will understand that, hey, Sonny's gotta do what he's gotta do. SMH.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course she is. She'll probably be able to be slightly miffed but will understand that, hey, Sonny's gotta do what he's gotta do. SMH.

We haven't heard his last name yet, I don't think.

I don't believe they mentioned it yet either, but I'm afraid, very afraid. I'm trying to figure it out based on looks but then again, we're talking about GH, where nothing seems to make sense.

Sorry DUBBLE ZOUT, still figuring out the multiquote thing when I'm editing but anyway, about Joss forgiving Sonny, is it too much to ask for a character that sticks to their opinions and beliefs? It would be more in character considering Joss's age to hold a grudge for longer than an episode or two. But we can't have good things, never mind things that make sense.

Edited by tveyeonyou
Sonny
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, jennifer6973 said:

During the 2nd season of Night Shift didn't Jagger have a son?  Who I thought was autistic, but with my memory could have just been very very quiet while he was being introduced to Robin.

He was austic. It was a key storyline in the show.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

And I mean there's no way in hell he's [Wade Briggs]  gonna be a recast Dante anyway.

Upon second thought, it occurs to me he'd be much better as a recast Morgan.

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't see going from Shondaland to GH unless you have terrible, terrible representation.

STILL STAR-CROSSED is not your typical Shondaland show* - it is a flat-out, no-two-ways-about-it, absolute bomb, Shondaland's first outright failure.  To give an idea of how badly this show is doing in the ratings, in it's last outing it pulled in worse demos than a rerun of SUPERGIRL.  And believe me, it thoroughly deserves those ratings.  It's GH-level bad, a potential career-destroyer.  Snapping up this particular actor would be a case of getting ahold of a promising talent while he can be gotten for cheap.

* - And the shine is very quickly coming off of Shondaland.  Once a ratings powerhouse, it is that no more.  Ratings for SCANDAL and HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER plunged last season, THE CATCH ended up a dud, and, as I pointed out above, STILL STAR-CROSSED is a disaster on every level.  The only show in the Shondaland stable that hasn't seen massive ratings declines is GREY'S ANATOMY, and that is showing it's age.  Ms. Rimes needs to start producing some hits, or ABC will start cutting ties.  But this is a side point to my main one, which is that Mr. Briggs is a talented actor who right now is gettable by GH, so they should look into getting him.

(edited)

I have questions about this sneak peek clip...

http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/video/spoilers/VDKA3942716

1) Did I miss a scene where Dr. Michael Easton et. al figured out that Dr. O was the one messing with his drug tests?

2) Why are these assholes just standing around shooting the breeze in Monica's house, it seems like she didn't know they were there.

3) What is with Michael Easton (the actor)'s weird grins?

4) I assume a scene where Dr. Michael Easton, Griffin, Rebecca Budig, etc. apologize for being smug assholes to Brad is coming? #sacrcasm

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Reading a bunch of RUMORS on Twitter that Rebecca Budig (actress and character) is leaving the show.

Here, I can make this very tidy, and tie it in with other rumors/spoilers.

Horrified that she has shot Sonny, Sam flees in a car or on a motorcycle. She has a SWSNBN-like accident, running over Rebecca Budig. Liz loses both her new sister and her unborn nephew/niece. At first she lashes out at Sam, but Franco counsels her to forgive, because it was all Sam's tumor's fault. Liz admits that she knows what it's like to be the "town pariah," so she forgives Sam. As Sonny recovers from his latest gunshot wound, Carly stands vigil, snarling that "that woman" will never get near her husband again. This drives a wedge between Jason and Carly. Griffin performs brain surgery on Sam and delivers sermons on forgiveness to Sonny, Carly, and Dr. Michael Easton.  

• Love 3

I'll take it! Perhaps kill Dr. Silas McBain Clay too. So that the show can bring him back as yet another character. Or just go ahead and bring back McBain. The only remotely likable character he has been. Just lose the Llanview connection. Simply have him say that there was a mistake at the lab, Liam isn't his. That Brody is the father. Yay!

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

1) Did I miss a scene where Dr. Michael Easton et. al figured out that Dr. O was the one messing with his drug tests?

I can't get anything on that site to work no matter what browser I use (clearly, my laptop is trying to protect me), but I think the last time we saw this story, the penny was starting to drop that Dr. O was involved. IIRC, once Brad was cleared, Hayden and Finn started talking about who else had it in for them, and of course Dr. O chose that moment to swan in and make a cutting remark. Dun dun DUUUUNNNN.

• Love 1
(edited)

That site is b.s., at least when it comes to soap info. If they've ever been right it's because they got the info from elsewhere.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is that James dePaiva at the end there?

It is! What do you know, a new doctor is being added! He's probably a pediatrician/hematologist/osteopath.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

Is there any way he could be Jeff Webber?  You could have Monica - worried about her daughter-in-law - call in her ex-husband to consult on this case.  And while in town, he must also contend with his long-absence in Liz's life AND the daughter he never knew about, Rebecca Budig.

• Love 4
(edited)

Is there any way he could be Jeff Webber?  You could have Monica - worried about her daughter-in-law - call in her ex-husband to consult on this case.  And while in town, he must also contend with his long-absence in Liz's life AND the daughter he never knew about, Rebecca Budig.

That would be eminently sensible, so I'm guessing no.

Edited by dubbel zout
added TeeVee329 quote for clarity
  • Love 12

Guys, Steve Burton is coming back.  

Two Jasons.  As if one Jason isn't bad enough.  JaSam v. Liason wars times two.

Michael Logan‏ @TVGMLogan  26m26 minutes ago

More

Well if nobody else will say it, I will. It's Steve Burton.

This is in response to Jamey Giddens teasing a return on twitter all day

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, aw86 said:

Guys, Steve Burton is coming back.  

Two Jasons.  As if one Jason isn't bad enough.  JaSam v. Liason wars times two.

Michael Logan‏ @TVGMLogan  26m26 minutes ago

More

Well if nobody else will say it, I will. It's Steve Burton.

This is in response to Jamey Giddens teasing a return on twitter all day

This has the potential to be as bad for BH as Liz being involved with Franco.  Another round of Liz the punching bag for pitiful J/S/faux Jason while FV finds RoHo a new pairing to work with.  Blech.  

• Love 4

I thought the theories I saw about it being Michael Muhney going back to Y&R sounded plausible, but I didn't see Logan's tweet til now.  Please PLEASE, I can't take a Tale of Two Jasons.

• Love 8