Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I've been wondering about the Lucy stuff with her daughter too and, sadly, I could see that all getting scrapped.  I mean, none of those people are connected to Sonny, so who cares! #eyeroll

Varni did say they still want to do the Nurses' Ball next year, which is probably the next time we'll get to lay eyes on Lucy. :(

Edited by TeeVee329

I've been wondering about the Lucy stuff with her daughter too and, sadly, I could see that all getting scrapped.  I mean, none of those people are connected to Sonny, so who cares! #eyeroll

Varni did say they still want to do the Nurses' Ball next year, which is probably the next time we'll get to lay eyes on Lucy. :(

Don't worry, TeeVee. I'm sure we'll see Lucy before then when she has another catfight with Bobbie!

I wonder if they also cut those Hayden/Patrick spoilers? Wasn't that supposed to happen last week?

Lucy/teens and Hayden /Patrick probably got cut for time. They only have 38 minutes per day and they need time for Michelle to repeat all of her lines at least twice, sometimes as many as four, times and for Roger to make woobie faces.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate RoHo and The Staff, and those obnoxious freakshow characters they play?

• Love 16
Anyone else read that bullshit from NV about "bringing the Corinthos' together as a family again" next sweeps?

I read some interview/article from NV and Vicki Dummer.  If it's the same thing, I came away shaking my head and thinking "only the tip of the ice berg. And that's not the part that sinks the ship."

I don't have a problem with Sonny getting SOME of the focus.  UO, but since I wasn't around for 12 years, starting in 1999/2000, I didn't see him eat up the show.  I like Maurice as an actor, when he shows up, which isn't nearly often enough.  But I fear it's like I like jsbt said, ABC is playing it as though this show needs only minor tweaks. I'm grateful they've recognized the kiddie quad was odd, and it's understandable that NV would downplay what the problem was there. But to say, "HEY, COME BACK, we have SONNY and CARLY front and center again! COME BACK!" is so beyond tone deaf. 

They needed to address two things: 

1) The fuckery that is Robin's situation (which effects Patrick, Anna, Emma, Sam, Jason, Nikolas, and Elizabeth); and

2) The invasion and take over by the Wests/Westbournes/Obrechts/Jeromes/Franco.  That this show was hijacked by unlikable, unrootable characters who are all interwoven with each other and not with core GH characters.

And there was no recognition of either by NV or VD.  It's like someone coming into the emergency room with a bullet wound to the head and heart, and they set about treating his toenail fungus and sprained wrist.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 10

So wait.....

It's the Sonny hour again?

Fuck this. Like, my choices are REPENT, REPENT, REPENT or Sonny and Frrrriiueennds?

Sonny is the Original Kiki.

If I have to choose between Sonny/Carly and Franco/Nina, then I'm pulling a Kelly Taylor and choosing myself.

Ah, who the fuck am I kidding? I'm going to continue watching this exponentially increasingly shitty show until the last day, foolishly praying it gets better. At least I'll have you fine people to snark with.

Oh, also, yesterday @leftphalange posted about some "useless freak" doing something, and I honestly sat there trying to figure out who was being referred to. I counted 14 "useless freaks" currently on the show that the post could have been referring to.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 8

Still can't believe there hasn't been an announcement about RHo being fired or KMc being brought back to give Robin a proper ending. What kind of show do these people think this is and why do they think it's acceptable to have a serial killer as a romantic lead? And I'm not understanding their crap about KMc being busy. They act like it will take months to resolve Robin's stories. All they need is one episode for Robin to reveal Jason's identity and another couple of episodes for her to have scenes with her family, beat Liez and Nik's asses, and properly end her relationship with Patrick and agree to co-parenting. It's not that difficult. 

• Love 14

Lucy/teens and Hayden /Patrick probably got cut for time. They only have 38 minutes per day and they need time for Michelle to repeat all of her lines at least twice, sometimes as many as four, times and for Roger to make woobie faces.

No, they needed the extra time to show the Nina flashback with Silas' body for the 100th time.  That is VITAL plot there .  Because the audience are a bunch of idiots, and forget what happened the day before and the day before that.

• Love 9

I read some interview/article from NV and Vicki Dummer.  If it's the same thing, I came away shaking my head and thinking "only the tip of the ice berg. And that's not the part that sinks the ship."

I don't have a problem with Sonny getting SOME of the focus.  UO, but since I wasn't around for 12 years, starting in 1999/2000, I didn't see him eat up the show.  I like Maurice as an actor, when he show up, which isn't nearly often enough.  But I fear it's like I like jsbt said, ABC is playing it as though this show needs only minor tweaks. I'm grateful they've recognized the kiddie quad was odd, and it's understandable that NV would downplay what the problem was there. But to say, "HEY, COME BACK, we have SONNY and CARLY front and center again! COME BACK!" is so beyond tone deaf

Yeah, and apparently Sonny getting shot and in a coma is coming up, and look, I don't mind some focus on Sonny either, but it is especially tone deaf to have everyone probably weeping over his comatose body when last year he whispered to AJ in a coma how he hoped he would die damn it why won't you just die already, and I didn't even like AJ! Unless, Sonny, is like, paralyzed permanently, it's hard to feel sorry for the man.

There seems to be this weird thing in the minds of the writers that if other characters inexplicably think Sonny is swell, the audience will too. Anna and Dante could swill boatloads of jaeger, I still will think it's gross. Same with everyone talking about how Sonny (or Franco, Obrecht, etc) is a misunderstood soul. Just because a character the audience likes says it, it doesn't mean the audience will be swayed.

• Love 10
No, they needed the extra time to show the Nina flashback with Silas' body for the 100th time.  That is VITAL plot there .  Because the audience are a bunch of idiots, and forget what happened the day before and the day before that

Too bad there aren't recording devices like DVRs or a website, like abc.com, where one can watch the episodes one misses. That way we wouldn't need flashbacks of what happened the day before.

• Love 2

Too bad there aren't recording devices like DVRs or a website, like abc.com, where one can watch the episodes one misses. That way we wouldn't need flashbacks of what happened the day before.

Maybe they work on that technology after they figure out how to measure their male audience.

• Love 2

They were on soapcentral I believe, and they are legitimate. the ones on their webpage, I mean, not their message board.

But the Patrick/Hayden ones weren't on the TV Source ones, which I tend to view as the most legit ones.

. All they need is one episode for Robin to reveal Jason's identity and another couple of episodes for her to have scenes with her family, beat Liez and Nik's asses, and properly end her relationship with Patrick and agree to co-parenting. It's not that difficult. 

Yup - they'd need her for about as long as they had JJ for TG's retirement - or maybe a few more days than that. I'd be especially interested in a Robin-Nik scene, given their history and that Helena flat-out told him that Robin revived her and Jason. He had to know she didn't do it willingly, but never said one word of concern for Robin and her safety after that. Gross considering everything Robin has done for Nik as a friend and doctor over the years. I really want to see Nik get burned by his former and current family: the Qs, Robin, Sam, Alexis, etc. since this all started with him. 

• Love 3

I don't care how long they have her for, if it's one scene or two years, Robin needs to leave this show HAPPY. The character has been through enough, has suffered enough, has cried enough, has been shit on enough.

• Love 6

What is wrong with you people?  Robin is doing just fine.  She is on a tropical island somewhere, sunbathing and occasionally being asked to do medical experiments at gunpoint.  She gets 3 meals a day and a place to sleep.  So what if she is being intentionally kept from her family?  Must she have EVERYTHING handed to her?  And I heard the Cassadine prison outfits are Versace.  She shouldn't be complaining, she is living the high life.  You guys have pretty tough standards.

• Love 8

What is wrong with you people?  Robin is doing just fine.  She is on a tropical island somewhere, sunbathing and occasionally being asked to do medical experiments at gunpoint.  She gets 3 meals a day and a place to sleep.  So what if she is being intentionally kept from her family?  Must she have EVERYTHING handed to her?  And I heard the Cassadine prison outfits are Versace.  She shouldn't be complaining, she is living the high life.  You guys have pretty tough standards.

Who let a Helena minion/troll have a Previously TV account??!!

• Love 3

Thanks, Ron. :D

In that podcast with NV a call in was telling NV about how he knows like, everything about the show so if they need a historian they can write to him. NV said they have one but if they ever need him they'll get in touch, yada yada. But NV flat out said he himself has a bad memory. Maybe the flashbacks are for him. lol

• Love 1

The more I think about Nathan Varni trying to entreat viewers to stay with "We're returning to our core characters, next month  Sonny and Carly's wedding will be huge!" I hear in my head a dinner host  who burned dinner calling out to his escaping guests:

"Hey, wait, I made bran muffins for dessert!"

• Love 3

Nathan Varni still seems to be, at best, a minor network PR guy with an embossed nameplate. His resume has a lot of debatable language, but more importantly, the way he engages is not what most major execs do, IMO. They've sent him out with an ambiguous title to give the online rubes the mistaken impression that they're being directly communicated with by someone important. I don't know why people keep talking about the guy.

• Love 3

If they seriously wait until November for the Jakeson reveal, I think it will be too late by then. One of you fine posters said they need to do it in September, hype the crap out of it, and move on to the fallout, and I couldn't agree more. I don't understand with the way they're hemorrhaging viewers, the thinking behind still putting the reveal off for another 3 months. It's obvious viewers aren't engaged and aren't enjoying the Jiz story or the Samtrick (lack of) story. So move this shit along before nobody gives a damn who Jakeson really is. For those of you familiar with the entertainment industry, is this normal?

• Love 1

If they seriously wait until November for the Jakeson reveal, I think it will be too late by then. One of you fine posters said they need to do it in September, hype the crap out of it, and move on to the fallout, and I couldn't agree more. I don't understand with the way they're hemorrhaging viewers, the thinking behind still putting the reveal off for another 3 months. It's obvious viewers aren't engaged and aren't enjoying the Jiz story or the Samtrick (lack of) story. So move this shit along before nobody gives a damn who Jakeson really is. For those of you familiar with the entertainment industry, is this normal?

Back in Gloria Monty's day, they taped only about 2 weeks ahead of time.  They'd tape an entire's show script, barring location shoots, on a single day.  Gloria was able to track trends in near real time. If the ratings went up, they'd keep featuring who they were featuring, if they went down, she'd make adjustments.

The current block taping schedule where they are constantly having dark weeks, even multiple dark weeks, is killing them. I think they were dark two weeks in July and they are dark again for multiple weeks around labor day.  They get so far ahead in taping that they can't make adjustments in time. This type of schedule has hurt Days, too.  Days is now several months ahead in taping.  So, if the viewers aren't reacting well to a storyline, there's nothing TPTB can do about it.  It's still going to run its course for months.

That's not to say that FV doesn't dig his heels in about things that obviously don't work.  He's still trying to make Franco happen.  They only get about a month or so ahead, so they could have adjusted the Jason storyline months ago. Frank and Ron have been too stubborn and they haven't shown the ability to be able to accurately critically assess their work product.  But the taping schedule for daytime has changed quite a bit since the 80s and 90s.

I also don't think that just revealing Jake as Jason is a panacea to anything.  If there's one thing this show does worse than the reveals, it's the fall out. What fall out?  There never is any! Every few weeks we're "treated" with an event that changes Port Charles forever -- except it never does.  No matter what happens, no matter who dies, who is tortured, or who comes back from the dead, everyone just shrugs their shoulders while Franco cracks wise and Nina repeats her lines.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 14

Okay, there's an article in one of the magazines where MB is talking about if Sonny and Laura hooked up the only woman Sonny has had that is like Laura is Lily, and he and Genie work well together and it could be an interesting pairing. Good Lord! They wouldn't actually try that, would they??  

• Love 3

Okay, there's an article in one of the magazines where MB is talking about if Sonny and Laura hooked up the only woman Sonny has had that is like Laura is Lily, and he and Genie work well together and it could be an interesting pairing. Good Lord! They wouldn't actually try that, would they??

Well, some people were asking for more Laura and this show doesn't allow us to have nice things. So.....next up a hot and sexy Laura/Sonny pairing.

God I hope not one of the few pleasant memories I have of Sonny is how respectful he always was to Mrs. Spencer, and how he almost saw her as an older sister/mother type. There was even real sadness in his eyes when she turned on him after Lucky's "death".  Now Sonny and Laura as friends I can see, there is history there and neither has any illusions about what the other is, in many ways Laura could be the Viki to Sonny's Todd (not exactly mine you but kind of)

• Love 6

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. 

• Love 21

Well Sonny is now your star without AG around.  I can totally see the writers giving MB what he wants. 

Plus, it might be the only way GF gets airtime because I'm still not convinced she will get any real story if the previous vets are any indication.

If they go that route that will totally ruin Laura.  There will be no way around that.  Sonny ruining everything may be a joke on the boards but its not a lie.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 6

The way that usually goes is, it's a short visit and then Frank shackles them to a banister and the next thing you know, Lexi's Kristina will be befriending Nina and sparring with Nathan West.

• Love 2

The way that usually goes is, it's a short visit and then Frank shackles them to a banister and the next thing you know, Lexi's Kristina will be befriending Nina and sparring with Nathan West.

And regularly rah-rah-ing the wonders of Franco (yes, even though he had her brother raped -- because lovable gentle farmer and all that).

• Love 1