Type keyword(s) to search

Revenge in the Media

(edited)

Hopefully season 4 is the last season..

I couldn't even agree anymore.  The ratings aren't even that good enough to justify milking the series any longer.

Edited by FAU

Hopefully season 4 is the last season..

I don't even understand how they managed to get a season 4, why isn't this show canceled?

• Love 1

I don't even understand how they managed to get a season 4, why isn't this show canceled?

I guess for syndication, but if they plan to milk it out for seasons, they're crazy, the finale only mustered a 1.4.

Because ABC moved the show to the 10/9 timeslot, a location that hasn't had a show do decently for YEARS, and it performed pretty well. I imagine they'd rather keep Revenge going than invest in another new show that will in all likelihood crash and burn.

• Love 1

Because ABC moved the show to the 10/9 timeslot, a location that hasn't had a show do decently for YEARS, and it performed pretty well. I imagine they'd rather keep Revenge going than invest in another new show that will in all likelihood crash and burn.

It depends on how Revenge will perform next season, if they think they can milk this out for seasons.

Revenge Season 4 Will Premiere Sunday, Sept. 28 at 10:00 p.m. ET

Revenge Actress and Supermodel Amber Valletta Reveals Struggle With Addiction (Video) 16:05

Summary:

1. Started getting high at age 8 (sniffing markers, glue, fingernail polish... anything that could get her a buzz).

2. By age 10, she turned to marijuana.

3. As an adult, she started using alcohol and cocaine.

4. She had a multimillion dollar deal and she showed up the first day to shoot this campaign high and drunk. Being an addict, made her not care about her responsibilities.

5. She sought help for her addiction at age 25 because she didn't want to die.

6. She wants to help others who may be suffering with addiction to get the help they need.

Revenge Season 3 will be out on dvd Aug. 26th.  I purchased season 1 but S2 was so God awful I didn't bother with buying that season.  S3 is slightly better than S2 but no where as good as S1 but I think I might get it anyway since it's not too expensive.  Plus the bonus features look kinda good.

http://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Season-3-Henry-Czerny/dp/B00FR23GPW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407767275&sr=8-1&keywords=revenge+season+3+dvd

Info and images from the upcoming comic:

Marvel's original graphic novel Revenge: The Secret Origin of Emily Thorne, written by Erica Schultz with interior art by Vincenzo Balzano and cover art by Dustin Nguyen, will be available digitally and in print on Wednesday, September 3, 2014.

I can't stand the ridiculous direction the show is going in now, but I'm glad to see the Marvel/Disney/ABC corporate partnership deal working out.

Well, now we know why this show got renewed, the comic book is coming out & they need the tie in. Just the fact that they're turning the show into a comic book pretty much lets you know what kind of trouble the show is in.

Well, now we know why this show got renewed, the comic book is coming out & they need the tie in. Just the fact that they're turning the show into a comic book pretty much lets you know what kind of trouble the show is in.

That, and being the only show to decently perform in the Sunday 10/9c Time Slot of Death.

I just cannot muster any give a fuck about Victoria's complaints.  She participated in the destruction of Emanda and her father's entire lives and had a 9-year-old institutionalized and effectively brain washed.  And she's been a generally manipulative and terrible person forever.  

Emanda has become un-rootable too; but at least in the beginning, I could say she was the wronged party who had done nothing to bring or deserve the chaos and pain she'd endured.

• Love 3

I guess the show wants the viewers to forget that since day 1, David was touted as the love of Vic's life. Pascal was NEVER mentioned by any character until the plot called for it. Pascal being retconned as Vic's greatest love.... gmafb!

• Love 2

Not sure if this matters or not but the ratings are in for the season premiere and its the 2nd lowest rating show ABC has next to Last Man Standing and that includes all the new shows as well.

As long as Revenge does better than Pan Am, GCB, that devil 666 show with Terry O'Quinn and whatever that disaster was that they tried in the timeslot at the beginning of last season, I would bet Revenge at least makes it through the season. Sunday is SO heavy with competition and ABC just can't seem to find a show that'll do well there. It doesn't help that they're always green lighting total crap for that timeslot but... comme ci, comme ca.

• Love 1

Interesting article, but these two things caught my eye:

Last season's finale was one of my favorite episodes to date, and to me, that would have been an amazing series finale," says VanCamp. "Because that's what it was all about for Emily: She accomplished what she set out to do. So this season has been very tricky to approach. Where is she at now?

One of her favorites? Really? I don't even know what to think about that.

VanCamp admits Nayar's decision to reveal that David Clarke never actually died came as a big shock, given that she'd been assured by the show's creator and previous executive producer, Mike Kelley, that under no circumstances would that ever happen.

This pisses me off, bringing back David Clarke was a really stupid decision IMO.

• Love 2

Christa B. Allen to Guest Star in Season Four of ABC Family's Hit Comedy 'Baby Daddy'

Since Charlotte left “Revenge” and is headed to rehab and a better life, Christa will recur in Season Four of “Baby Daddy” as Robyn, a funny, smart, athletic, corporate lawyer who works at Riley’s (Chelsea Kane) law firm. When Riley begrudgingly sets Robyn up with best friend Danny (Derek Theler), they immediately hit it off. Christa’s episodes will air in early 2015.

Have these people seen Christa's "acting range"? How the hell is she going to pull off smart AND corporate lawyer? I guess it helps that this show is a comedy because she sucks at drama and suspense.

With that being said, there's a bright side to this. When people laugh at her performance, she can delude herself into thinking they're all laughing WITH her and not AT her.

Christa B. Allen to Guest Star in Season Four of ABC Family's Hit Comedy 'Baby Daddy'

Have these people seen Christa's "acting range"? How the hell is she going to pull off smart AND corporate lawyer? I guess it helps that this show is a comedy because she sucks at drama and suspense.

With that being said, there's a bright side to this. When people laugh at her performance, she can delude herself into thinking they're all laughing WITH her and not AT her.

Have you seen Baby Daddy? Nobody in the cast is exactly Meryl Streep. Christa will be fine.

• Love 1

With any luck, they will all be gone for good in a few episodes, because Revenge will be over..  It's too bad this show dragged on long enough to ruin the ensemble and most of the characters, as well as plot, story... everyone would have ended on a high note if this was only one season, instead of going stale.

Sons of Anarchy's Tommy Flanagan Joins Revenge

Flanagan will play the powerful and dangerous Malcolm Black, a high-functioning psychopath with a long memory for those who have crossed him. Self-made, cold and calculating, he is relentless when it comes to protecting both his family and his fortune.

He’ll first debut in Episode 11, AKA the show’s midseason premiere (specific air date TBD, but early 2015).

‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Tommy Flanagan Joins ‘Revenge’ Season 4 as Villain | TVLine

• Love 1

Thank goodness. This show has become... well, like a beloved old Labrador who has had a pretty good run but now sleeps most of the time, pees on the carpet and doesn't remember where he is or who you are anymore. It's sad, but it's beyond time to let go.

• Love 5