Type keyword(s) to search

Revenge in the Media

And a collective YAAAAAAAY! was heard across the land…

Don't get me wrong, I always liked the show but it really really needed to end. Now if only Pretty Little Liars would follow suit.

• Love 4

Well, it's good that it's ending, but it's a year too late if you ask me. We could have ended last year with Conrad in jail, David Clarke still dead but cleared, Victioria in the looney bin, and Emily victorious, but nooooo....

Thanks for at least one good season, the great performances by Emily Van camp, Nolan, and all the pretty boys. Just wish the show could have stayed good.

• Love 4

What I miss is what the show was in the first season. This season has been total shite to the point where I wish the show had ended last season with Victoria locked up, Conrad dead, etc. In the context of my massive disappointment with this season, I am glad the show is ending before they can make it any worse.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

What I miss is what the show was in the first season. This season has been total shite to the point where I wish the show had ended last season with Victoria locked up, Conrad dead, etc. In the context of my massive disappointment with this season, I am glad the show is ending before they can make it any worse.

Agreed, it's beyond exhausted at this point, all the Graysons are dead, the main revenge itself is pretty much over with all that's happened in the last few episodes.

This is the strangest sensation.  Half of me is thinking, "Yes, thank God!" and the other half is grieving.

It's very similar to my Smallville reaction. Part of me is sad while the other part is running down the street screaming, "I'm FREEEEEEEEEEE!"

• Love 1

I agree. What else is there to show? All the Graysons are dead. It's like the writers knew it would be the last season and are tying up everything. I loved this show but it's time for it to end.

• Love 1

I think we all knew. ABC's shitty promotion for Season 4 was the start. No, scratch that - David being exonerated/alive was the indicator and Grayson members dropping like flies/skipping town continued the trend. No way this show could've gone for another year.

• Love 1

I think we all knew. ABC's shitty promotion for Season 4 was the start. No, scratch that - David being exonerated/alive was the indicator and Grayson members dropping like flies/skipping town continued the trend. No way this show could've gone for another year.

Exactly, I'd say that was the final nail in the coffin, bringing David Clarke back and getting rid of the Graysons and essentially trying to replace them with characters like Margeaux and Louise, it clearly didn't work.

I read a very brief interview with Emily Van Camp in Entertainment Weekly, where she said she didn't know that they were filming the series finale, so it doesn't sound like they shoehorned any sort of ending into things.

TVLine finale post-mortem interviews with Madeleine Stowe and producer Sunil Nayar. They answer some questions brought up by the finale.

"There was a scenario being heavily discussed where David Clarke was, perhaps, a mastermind — that he’d actually brought these people in and was not a good guy. This was potentially going to be a revelation to Emily that would completely rock her. Victoria was not quite the monster you thought she was, but you so believed in this girl’s credibility and how much she loved her father. They were going back and forth about that, but I believe ABC felt it would have been a betrayal of their audience to go down that road."

Dear God, thank you for not doing that to us.

• Love 5

They were going back and forth about that, but I believe ABC felt it would have been a betrayal of their audience to go down that road.

Ugh, the very fact that this was even considered, oh well, I guess this could've made things worse.

• Love 1

“It was scheduling,” says Nayar about why mama Clarke never returned, “Jennifer Jason Leigh was shooting Quentin Tarantino’s new movie The Hateful Eight, but we did look into her availability. Amanda’s mother was a huge part of the story. Amanda would have learned a massive amount of truth, and there could have been resolutions with David,” says Nayar.

Well, that's too bad; instead of watching Margeww and Victoria flip-flop for episodes on end, we may have gotten some follow-through on that lingering plotline.  When she wasn't available, though, I think at least a throw-away line could have been written in about how she od'd on painkillers or something.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/revenge-series-finale-sunil-nayar-interview-emily-vancamp-1201424514/

Well, that's too bad; instead of watching Margeww and Victoria flip-flop for episodes on end, we may have gotten some follow-through on that lingering plotline.  When she wasn't available, though, I think at least a throw-away line could have been written in about how she od'd on painkillers or something.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/revenge-series-finale-sunil-nayar-interview-emily-vancamp-1201424514/

Shame, but I can definitely see why she wouldn't want to come back after her storyline was handled the way it was.  There's more upside to being in a Tarantino flick than a show on its last leg anyway.

• Love 1

"There was a scenario being heavily discussed where David Clarke was, perhaps, a mastermind — that he’d actually brought these people in and was not a good guy.

In season 1 I really didn't like Emily, and I SO hoped that they went this route.  Even though I ended up liking Emily, I wish this would have happened, at least it's a twist nobody would have seen coming.

(edited)

In season 1 I really didn't like Emily, and I SO hoped that they went this route.  Even though I ended up liking Emily, I wish this would have happened, at least it's a twist nobody would have seen coming.

I would have quit the show immediately if that had happened, as it would have completely undermined the entire premise of the show.  

The writers can do a lot of things to get my attention, but deliberately insulting my intelligence isn't one of them -- and it's unforgivable when it happens.

Edited by legaleagle53

I would have quit the show immediately if that had happened, as it would have completely undermined the entire premise of the show.  

The writers can do a lot of things to get my attention, but deliberately insulting my intelligence isn't one of them -- and it's unforgivable when it happens.

I agree totally.  Bringing David back at all was bad enough (although I grew to be ok with it) but then making him a bad guy would have been ridiculous within the context of the show.  There are some twists that make a show more interesting, but that would not have been one of them.  

(edited)

I can't find it online, because Entertainment Weekly's website is a box of annoyance, but Nolan made the back page "Bullseye" feature in the May 22 issue (Melissa McCarthy cover), close to the middle, pic of GM with the caption "We thought we were done with Revenge - until they teased us with the idea of a Nolan spinoff."

Edited by culturevulture73
  • Love 1

In case anyone is still reading these posts, Barry Sloane (Aiden) is now on the new series The Whispers.  He doesn't have his English accent, though, and I liked him better with it.  I don't know why they keep using these English actors and then make them pretend to be American.   

We just found revenge on Netflex and just finished season 1 - addicted to it.  So yes, SierraMist, we are still  here.  I think they use English actors because studies show Americans  respond to the English and Australian  accents more - esp. in ads.

We just found revenge on Netflex and just finished season 1 - addicted to it.  So yes, SierraMist, we are still  here.  I think they use English actors because studies show Americans  respond to the English and Australian  accents more - esp. in ads.

Curious, so glad you discovered Revenge.  Season one was fabulous and I became addicted, too.  Season Two was kind of a let down, but overall, I loved this show and I really miss it.

I agree about using English actors.  I just don't get when they make them lose the accent and speak American.

I agree about using English actors.  I just don't get when they make them lose the accent and speak American.

Because it would have been weird to have Daniel speaking with a British accent when his parents were both American and he'd been born and raised in the Hamptons.

Because it would have been weird to have Daniel speaking with a British accent when his parents were both American and he'd been born and raised in the Hamptons.

I agree about Daniel because of the story line.  But my post was actually referencing Aiden in his new series Whispers.

On 5/14/2017 at 9:55 PM, Trini said:

Oh wow, I didn't even realize they were still together. But I don't usually follow actors' personal lives....

Especially given Emily VanCamp's track record of romancing her co-stars and then breaking up with them. But congrats to them. That man is one sexy motherfucker.