Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: PolygaMexicamist Wedding

• Start Topic

On 2/12/2018 at 11:38 AM, Gothish520 said:

I will never understand why couples insist on making an already stressful time even more convoluted. First of all, there is no way in Hades that I would have a wedding that required me or any member of my family or wedding party to arrived early in the morning to decorate. Why the hell were her brothers tacking up decorations? That is madness. Get a venue that has people who will set up the decorations for you.

You know what I did on my wedding day? I slept until 11, got up and had some breakfast, showered, did my own hair and makeup, got dressed, and waited for my sisters to arrive at my condo. Once we were all ready, we drove to the venue, which was about five minutes away. No one in my family or wedding party lifted a finger - the venue was beautifully decorated already and what few things we wanted out (napkins, cake topper, bride and groom toasting glasses) had been dropped off earlier in the week. Pinterest can kiss my behind - I scoff at the idea of handmade decorations!

Edited by ooh.boo
  • Love 2

I somehow felt embarrassed watching the wedding.

They showed utter disregard for anyone's comfort.

Tony is disgusting and he has no class or manners.

He looked like a middle age man who spends too much time in a beer parlour/tavern.

He drools and eats like a pig.

Cro magnon man.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I somehow felt embarrassed watching the wedding.

They showed utter disregard for anyone's comfort.

Tony is disgusting and he has no class or manners.

He looked like a middle age man who spends too much time in a beer parlour/tavern.

He drools and eats like a pig.

Cro magnon man.

Oh, but I would have mortgaged the farm to get to go to this wedding.  I'd have sat there freezing my ass off with joy, just to see those shitty bouquets and FT in his wedding jeans. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Oh, but I would have mortgaged the farm to get to go to this wedding.  I'd have sat there freezing my ass off with joy, just to see those shitty bouquets and FT in his wedding jeans with the big old black stain on them and tennis shoes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kijod1 said:

I can't unsee this now!

And right before dinner, too

We haven't seen Tony for a long time because he's been very busy packing on the pounds for his new appearance on a different TLC reality show - "My 600 Pound life".  He and Mykelti are going to appear as a couple.

• LOL 7
18 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

We haven't seen Tony for a long time because he's been very busy packing on the pounds for his new appearance on a different TLC reality show - "My 600 Pound life".  He and Mykelti are going to appear as a couple.

Dr. Now:- Low calorie tacos, der is no such ting.  You are enabling each other!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

The wedding popped up on my DVR this morning.  I have my coffee all set and I'm ready for frisbees, piniatas, singingk, tacos and brosmen.  We looooove Tony said all the Browns through gritted teeth.

• LOL 6

The wedding was on this morning at 5:00am. It was awful.  So many cringey moments.

Showed the immaturity of two youngsters who think they know everything.

Typical selfish behavior, not thinking about your guests and their comfort.  Tacky, cheap, ridiculous pinatas, bleh.  Just awful.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lesia said:

The wedding was on this morning at 5:00am. It was awful.  So many cringey moments.

Showed the immaturity of two youngsters who think they know everything.

Typical selfish behavior, not thinking about your guests and their comfort.  Tacky, cheap, ridiculous pinatas, bleh.  Just awful.

Yeah, but it's pretty craptacular in its own special way.😆😆

• LOL 6

Id never seen the wedding until it popped up this morning... It was every bit the freakshow you guys described . 😂

I laughed my ass off throughout.

With all the crazy to drool over one thing that stood out for me was the adults TH where the women discussed Kooties hair and whether he should do a ponytail or not.... Meri said she is not a fan of the ponytail but on the other end of the scale we had Janelle admitting that she does a low growl whenever Kootie wears the ponytail because it's so hot.   😵

Also Janelle is sitting there in skin tight peddle pushers and her calves are the size of watermelons.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 2/14/2018 at 7:11 AM, Sandy W said:

I know just what you are talking about.  Christine's sentence structures drive me bananas, all of her dramatic pauses and shift of inflections are screaming "pay attention to what I am saying".  Comes with the territory I guess, when competing with 3 other 'wives' to be heard.

Omg yes... Every time Christine starts to talk I have a small anxiety attack.... Especially during the TH's when she's trying so hard to be profound and intellectual.

The whispering, the dramatic body language and facial distortions make me want to jump through the screen and strangle her.

She's as dumb as a stump and completely unaware of how stupid she looks and sounds.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Omg yes... Every time Christine starts to talk I have a small anxiety attack.... Especially during the TH's when she's trying so hard to be profound and intellectual.

The whispering, the dramatic body language and facial distortions make me want to jump through the screen and strangle her.

She's as dumb as a stump and completely unaware of how stupid she looks and sounds.

As Kody's anxiety increases, he has resorted to some extreme facial distortions too.  I don't know what he is trying to convey when he drops his upper lip over his teeth and lets his jaw hang loose, usually accompanied by a twist of the head.

One thing we can say about Janelle, her features remain impassive, even when confronted with the most heartbreaking concept of her grandchild being wrenched from her and Gabe's dreams and aspirations being squelched, she can't seem to muster the strength to register shock or indignation.

• Love 8

Someone posted a picture of him in one of my groups and I wanted to copy and paste the photo here but I can't - and I did a search but couldn't find this photo anywhere else.   

TONY.IS.ENORMOUS.NOW!!

He has gained SO much weight that people are actually worried that something is wrong with him, health-wise.  I think it's whatever they eat.  That family knows diddley squat about nutrition and portion control.   We've all joked about him going on My 600 Pound Life, but I don't think that the idea is so far fetched any more!

Edited by Kyanight
On 2/14/2018 at 11:58 AM, Galloway Cave said:

The guy at the critical mass is crying out in pain. He is also the smallest guy there. That's just not right.  All the bros-men managed to wear nice slacks, why couldn't FT?

"Fat-bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go 'round....."

My thoughts exactly... The little guy trying to hold up FT's ass looks like he's about to bust a nut.  😲

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 2/13/2018 at 5:43 PM, AZChristian said:

If they are still tiptoeing around her feelings when she's in her 20s, they've been spoiling her all through her life.  Their feet (all 10 of them) should have been put down years ago in making her understand that - especially in such a huge family - they don't all live by her rules.  Not even on "HER DAY."  

And if she wanted to be married outside, that's an okay request.  But to insist on it in Utah in December with NO "Plan B" in case of bad weather . . . I almost admired Kody when he stood up and said, "This is a bad decision" . . . but she played the "It's MY decision" card with no concern for currently or about-to-become sick people.  Her response when told that people didn't want to go outside for pictures was "Suck it up."  I spent 10 seconds on Google and found out that the average HIGH temperature for St. George in December is 52.  They should have known the week before that the forecast for "HER DAY" was less than ideal.  But it was "HER DAY" and she was going to get married outside.  It looked pretty obvious that at least half of the people who attended the wedding stayed inside for the ceremony.  So at least half of the invitees had more sense than she did.

ETA:  I'm really curious as to whether the invitations included the "outdoor event" warning so people would know to wear warm . . . rather than dressy . . . clothes.

Did I actually see Caleb at the ceremony (or at least at the venue) in his traditional hunting-camo-and-cap? Could be he had more sense than the rest of the fambly.

On a different note, (binge-watching this and other cringeworthy TLC shows lately), Caleb's remarks while waiting to unload his truck and trailer in the cul-de-sac were priceless. "Pregnant wife. Moving into my inlaws house. Best day of my life!" had me rolling on the floor. I can only imagine what Kody's reaction to that would have been.

• LOL 7
On 2/11/2018 at 10:16 PM, cereality said:

Later bridezilla INSISTS on family pics inside and it's even colder and she tells her siblings, just take the blankets off. Um -- again -- that'll be a great family pic with everyone under the covers.

She actually told them to keep them on for the pictures outside. 

On 2/11/2018 at 11:28 PM, tabloidlover said:

It looked like maybe 100 for the ceremony and then the town showed up for tacos and left.   That tent didn’t hold too many people for dancing, and the main area was emptied out. 

In  the People magazine article, they claimed over 400 and they ran out of the 4000 tacos ??‍♀️

They didn't get 4,000 tacos. That's why Kody "had" to say FT was right. They were discussing doing 1200 plus a small percentage more at the taco tasting.

Is flinging the lady around a Mormon thing? Or just an idiotic man thing. Remember when Kody flung Maddie around at her wedding? Perhaps FT saw that and thought that's how it's done. Oh poor FT, you just don't get it on so many levels,

Christine did look stunning in that dress. It went well with the bridal party. However, a good dance partner makes it easy for their partner to follow along, not harder. 

The pinatas...I just can't. However, I did love her snark about polygamists should do one of the new bride, so they can beat her. Was she being a little snarky wishing she could've had a whack at Robyn at her wedding? Me thingks so. (That misspelling was accidental, but, in honor of Christine, I chose to keep it.) When they said they should get Kody one, I really hoped they meant in his image. I would watch the family beat the crap out of that all day and twice on Sunday. 

From the very beginning Mykelti wanted an outdoor wedding. Which is why she wanted August. The parents convinced her via FT that December was better. She agreed to December with the caveat that the parents pay for the honeymoon. *Classic manipulation on her part. I actually chuckled when she said in the driveway after the meeting that she was going to agree to December, but, wanted to see what she could get in trade. I was actually a little proud of her there. She learned well at the feet of her parents.

A few episodes back when Christine decided to cut up her dress for the flowers, the younger girls G & Y tried it on. When she mentioned that she has a pic wearing it 8 months pregnant with Mykelti, Gwen walked away. When Christine asked where she was going, Gwen said "to get pregnant." I laughed so hard I had to pause the TV and tell my husband, who has no interest in this crap fest about it. Even he found it funny. I do have to say that Christine and her kids can bring the snark and sarcasm.

May be more thoughts as I read this thread and watch the show, so there may be editing involved.

• Love 3