Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Karina's Story - LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

Has the fat collected in her throat?  Or maybe just a speech impediment.  So she's breaking the news to her family that she's seeing Dr Now...dad pretending to act surprised.  And yet the cameras are there.  

I think some of her lisp is because of her wonky teeth. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:
2 minutes ago, jnagle4 said:

I bet she makes a fast food stop.....

Here it is! A bag full of hugs!

ETA: Oh damn! I thought she was going into an Arby's but it's just Dr Now's office.

Sorry, I’m behind...but what’s up with this chic’s chicklets???

I don't think they have specifically said but if she is like most of the people featured on this show, she drinks gallons of soda which is hell on your teeth, not to mention all the sugar in her diet. And she may not have had regular (or any) dental care if her family couldn't afford it. 

Who said she would eat fast food in the car? Nailed it!

If I were headed to see Dr. Now, I'd suck down one last feast too so I can't criticize here. Unfortunately this probably isn't her last feast unless her story departs from the usual template...

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

TLC needs a My 600 pound life shop on their website ASAP

For logo embossed tongs?

oops, didn't see the entire post.......for the poster who already commented on tongs in the shop.  Sorry :)

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I put this together for us but it needs to be in Bingo card format.

• I'm willing to do anything it takes
  • I'm nervous about this trip. I'm leaving everything I know
  • I can't do this
  • Dr Now doesn't understand
  • This is too hard/too much
  • It's not fair
  • Food is the only thing that calms me down/makes me happy
  • I have to enjoy what I'm eating
  • I don't think I should eat so few calories
  • The hospital portions are too small
  • The controlled diet is excessive
  • I can do it my way
  • It's not going to happen overnight
  • I think I'm making good progress

"Dr. Now is my only hope"

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think they have specifically said but if she is like most of the people featured on this show, she drinks gallons of soda which is hell on your teeth, not to mention all the sugar in her diet. And she may not have had regular (or any) dental care if her family couldn't afford it. 

Unless dentists make house calls, I don’t see her fitting in the dentist chair

• Love 4

Hope this episode is interesting.  Last week's show looked promising, but strangely ended up another borefest.  Dr Now pretty much did a driveby.....gave the woman skin removal before losing any weight, surprisingly.  He usually dangles it like a carrot.  And he didn't give her a hard time when she gained.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Hope this episode is interesting.  Last week's show looked promising, but strangely ended up another borefest.  Dr Now pretty much did a driveby.....gave the woman skin removal before losing any weight, surprisingly.  He usually dangles it like a carrot.  And he didn't give her a hard time when she gained.  

Probably because Liz had the deadest eyes I've ever seen on this show.  She truly looked dead inside no matter how much weight she lost.

• Love 5
Just now, ThisGirlAsh said:

Probably because Liz had the deadest eyes I've ever seen on this show.  She truly looked dead inside no matter how much weight she lost.

Yes!!  I was thinking this exactly when watching the replay tonight.  Her eyes were dead and empty.  She was like a shell of a person, no real personality or emotion.

• Love 1

I feel like most nurses in Dr. Now's clinic look like they don't give a fuck at all

I don't know - I always thought they seemed pretty compassionate. I think it's maybe better for them to not react at all at the stuff they see than to display an honest (and likely shocked) reaction.

I can't believe how much she can eat AND she still has a balloon in her stomach. I heard her when she said she had that procedure but hadn't thought about the fact that it never came out. Good lord - how can her stomach stretch that much???

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 2