Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: All For Nothing

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Just now, Angel12d said:

You know it's bad when you would literally have Laurel back rather than Dinah. She's just too much. I cannot. 

I was never a big Laurel hater. She was mostly wallpaper, at times an annoyance but other than that mostly inconsequential. I didn't care about her, but Dinah has given me a new found appreciation of her tbh.

• Love 1

Every time I think the Newbies cant get any lowers, someone finds a shovel. Can we make it so Vince survived, and he sticks around, while the Newbies all disappear out of town, never to be seen or heard from again?

I know I said this last week, but it bares repeating...THE NEWBIES ARE THE WORST!

• Love 17
Just now, JJ928 said:

Black Siren >>>>> DD LMAO 

Things I never thought I'd say

You're only saying that because BS has no story and almost no screentime. Easy to "like" her when she's barely there. ?

Honestly they're going about the Noobs all wrong. Blaming OTA for every little slight, pretending like they did nothing wrong and acting like petulant children. I hope they all go away.

Lance is an idiot but, at least they told him. I fully expected they'd keep him in the dark about BS killing Vince...actually executing is the correct term.

Speaking of BS, oh look at that redemption she hesitated...of course she's a meta that can blow people into walls and James was standing right next to her. Whatever show.

Not enough OTA or really anything interesting for me, the Flashbacks were dull. Sadly I really ended up liking Vince, he's better than the Noobs.  Too bad they didn't kill of Dinah, Rene and Curtis and keep Vince/Alena.

• Love 20

My basic reaction? “I’m going to kill every last one of them.” “Great, another Canary got sour.” “Starting with Laurel.” “You have my attention. And I’m smiling.”

Another week, another series of escalating fuckups, and Vig pays the price. Canary Cry to the ear is a really bad way to go. Shit, getting killed by (a) Laurel sucks. In other news, I’m thinking she’ll kill Thea to “replace” her as Quentin’s substitute daughter. Only bright side would be EBR getting third billing. I don’t think that direction is obvious, but aside from showing Thea helping out at the office, what else has she done lately?

My stance on “Broken Team Arrow” stands. I don’t want them getting killed in humiliating manners. I will concede that Dinah led with her heart, and Vince the Vig paid the price. Bright side, was that Captain Singh in the first flashback? He barely exists on The Flash.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Anyways... Who wants Curtis to rot in hell while Alena replaces him completely? 

More than anything I'm curious what the show has planned for Alena.  They really didn't need to bring her in.  They could have just let Felicity do what she did.  Plus they made that comment about someone had to have been close to Cayden James to know how he'd react to his son dying.  I rejected the idea ALena was in cahoots with James, but is it actually possible she's pulling his strings??  If not, why is she on the show? 

I like her as Felicity's buddy but the show doesn't bring characters on unless they have a purpose.  Another crazy thought, one that kind of feels less out there than Alena being that secret big bad, what if Cutis isn't coming back to the team and the show and they are introducing Alena really to replace him?  What if it isn't a pipe dream?

• Love 6
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

You're only saying that because BS has no story and almost no screentime. Easy to "like" her when she's barely there. ?

Oh I am totally aware of this lol. However, I did like E1Laurel loads more than Dinah, and I didn't even like LL. lol

• Love 2

Wow. That was terrible. The focus on the noobs who have given me zero reason to ever want to see them again, let alone be on their side or want them back with OTA was an interesting choice by TPTB. 

In the AU show in my head, Vince is alive, the noobs all died, and he and Alena may start awkwardly flirting. 

I don't believe for one second that Cayden James, who ARGUS had to keep in an actual metal box because of his capabilities, who set up Helix, and who has taken the city hostage electronically wouldn't verify that the footage he saw was real. 

All of that said, I did get an adorable handsy Olicity scene (sadly not like that) and OTA being the BAMF's that they always are. You get one compliment, Show. One. 

• Love 18
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

More than anything I'm curious what the show has planned for Alena.  They really didn't need to bring her in.  They could have just let Felicity do what she did.  Plus they made that comment about someone had to have been close to Cayden James to know how he'd react to his son dying.  I rejected the idea ALena was in cahoots with James, but is it actually possible she's pulling his strings??  If not, why is she on the show? 

I like her as Felicity's buddy but the show doesn't bring characters on unless they have a purpose.  Another crazy thought, one that kind of feels less out there than Alena being that secret big bad, what if Cutis isn't coming back to the team and the show and they are introducing Alena really to replace him?  What if it isn't a pipe dream?

I'm worried they're going to ruin her and have her be the one who tricked Cayden into believing Oliver killed his son... It's a total possibility and an awesome plot twist IMO

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Another crazy thought, one that kind of feels less out there than Alena being that secret big bad, what if Cutis isn't coming back to the team and the show and they are introducing Alena really to replace him?  What if it isn't a pipe dream?

Don't make me wish for things I can not have. lol

• Love 3

I don't even have much to say about this? It just felt a mess. It was boring. The flashbacks always disturb the flow of an episode and making them about Dinah made it worse somehow. I can't stand her. And JH just cannot carry an episode. She's not good at all. That last scene especially was painfully OTT. 

All the newbies can leave. Rene's attitude is beyond saving now and the way he talks to Felicity is awful. He's so rude. Can they all just die?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 16

I felt like it was an ok episode but like with most things in this show it failed in the emotional aspect because they failed to bring any of this about beforehand. 

This is episode 12! All this build up to Vince should've been done since at least 6x09. He should've been helping Dinah at least without her knowing.

Black Siren...
giphy.gif

Loved it but again....could've been soooo much better if A. this had been her first REAL kill of the season and B. If they built up her relationship with Cayden some more. Cayden lost a son, she lost a father, they could've had some morbid father/daughter type relationship going on. Help us understand why she is really helping him outside of the "you saved my life so im going to follow you around until you die" 

Caydens team is slowly crumbling from the inside without his knowledge but we've had literally 1 scene where all of them are in the same scene together but they never even spoke to each other outside of Cayden. Why are they all together? Do they even like each other? Do they even know each others names? If you have a team good or bad they have to have some sort of connection and common thread outside of "im evil, duh!"

NTA...the writers are really doing them no favors and I hope they know it because they have the team fail at every.single.thing it is so bad, embarrassing, cringe-worthy, and maddening. The writers arent even giving the team a fighting chance! Vince dying couldve been the straw that broke the camels back. This is where the team could've REALLY split into two, one half ready to stop playing nice and the other still doing Olivers partial light and love. 

I dont know why we had to wait half a season for the season to really get started. Why must you do this to us MG? 

• Love 2

Thea needs to purchase Quentin one of those new lifelike robots with Laurel's face.  I am sure it would be just as convincing in acting as if it has real emotions and bonus - it would not be a cold blooded killer! 

The only way this Dinah crap will be worth it is if she kills BS and dies in the process.  Let them scream each other to death.  Or they can both leave town together (preferably taking Curtis and Rene with them).  Just get rid of them all somehow - permanently.   

• Love 11

So.. Like every week ppl are gonna find new ways to bitch abt NTA... I get it.. You don't like them.. But besides rene who was pissy again this week.. They seemed fine.. Curtis was talking abt the business and his dating life.. He and Felicity seem to be on decent enuff terms.. And dinah had her Vince stuff which all made sense.. Don't see what they did this week that needs complaining abt

Just now, KenyaJ said:

They are worthless, petty, spiteful, arrogant, immature, and not at all heroic. They don’t give a shit about the city and they don’t lift a finger for anything unless it’s of personal importance to them.

I think maybe the writers are trying to show that they all super care about each other as a result of Oliver being a terrible awful person, but it's really not coming off that way. 

• Love 2

Anatoly makes sense since he has past issues with Oliver, but I really want him and Oliver to be on ok terms again. Dragon makes zero sense, he came onto the board this season. Black Siren has the motive but not the means, and she seems to be more of a lackey than someone self motivated. I feel like they're gonna bring someone else in as an Aha! moment. I would hate it to be Alena because I love her and Felicity, but she could end up being that villain that was meant for FS.... and Cayden was a red herring. But to have Emerson and replace him with Alena? Lord, I love Kacey but no.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I would hate it to be Alena because I love her and Felicity, but she could end up being that villain that was meant for FS.... and Cayden was a red herring. But to have Emerson and replace him with Alena? Lord, I love Kacey but no.

For me it could be an even trade off. Emerson is a fantastic actor but, I don't care about James. Kacey is a good actor and, I have an emotional connection to the character. As much as I'd hate for her to be the super secret big bad I would probably enjoy the hell out of that story because of the character, her history with the group and relationship with Felicity.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Anatoly makes sense since he has past issues with Oliver, but I really want him and Oliver to be on ok terms again. Dragon makes zero sense, he came onto the board this season. Black Siren has the motive but not the means, and she seems to be more of a lackey than someone self motivated. I feel like they're gonna bring someone else in as an Aha! moment. I would hate it to be Alena because I love her and Felicity, but she could end up being that villain that was meant for FS.... and Cayden was a red herring. But to have Emerson and replace him with Alena? Lord, I love Kacey but no.

And while there is logic behind Alena being the string puller, like knowing everyone's secrets and even likely knowing how to track the team to the Island once Chase went there (Oliver doesn't cover his tracks I'm sure) but there are also plot holes like she could have just left him in that box to rot at ARGUS and Cayden's son was killed with the intent to frame Oliver way before Felicity was doing anything more than just dabbling in Helix, using that USB drive full of info.  I think it might have been around the time when Oliver was off in Hub City when Alena reached out to her, but if this was always the plan, it's damn convoluted and I still don't know to what purpose she'd be doing any of it.  

And she almost got herself killed in the process by crossing James to spill the beans to Felicity.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

For me it could be an even trade off. Emerson is a fantastic actor but, I don't care about James. Lacey is a good actor and I have an emotional connection to the character. As much as I'd hate for her to be the super secret big bad I would probably enjoy the hell out of that story because of the character, her history with the group and relationship with Felicity.

I'm so torn. I love this prospect... BUT I WANT FELICITY TO HAVE FRIENDS OUTSIDE OF TEAM ARROW T_T

• Love 4

I don't see how dinah going after Vince is selfish.. She's right if it was layla or Felicity the guys woulda tried to get to them first.. And it's true if you have a burned undercover agent.. You gotta assume some of his latest info may not be accurate anymore as ppl are scrambling to hide whatever he may have divulged I appreciate Rene and Curtis aiding dinah.. And to be devils Advocate.. If Oliver already complained abt the place being huge and not having the numbers to fins the bomb... Why go.. Why not just try and save Vince?.. I mean nothing really eas accomplished and Vince had sent the info anyway.. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, UNOSEZ said:

Why go.. Why not just try and save Vince?.. I mean nothing really eas accomplished and Vince had sent the info anyway.. 

Because Cayden's been bleeding the city of $10M dollars every day, and they're out of money. To have a 5-person crew going after a guy who volunteered to be the inside man would've been ridiculous. A 3-person crew doing it was ridiculous enough as it was. 

• Love 21

That was a very clever ploy by Cayden James and Anatoli.

At this point, Richard Dragon has just been a thug and an enforcer so I'm dreading that he's going to turn out to be the mastermind in a massive gotcha.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

It's funny that Vigilante and Black Siren spent more time together when she is screaming his brains out then when they were actually on the same side. 

But he better be dead.....I dont want him showing up in 2-3 episodes magically alive because that is the cliff hanger you leave on with him waking up. But these writers always want the audience to be just as "surprised" as the characters are which is always a big nono.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

At this point, Richard Dragon has just been a thug and an enforcer so I'm dreading thta he's going to turn out to be the mastermind in a massive gotcha.

Yep. I continue to see nothing from Dragon that should make me want to see more of him/think he can be any sort of team leader/anything more than a thug who just happens to have a name. 

• Love 1

Am I the only one who feels like we've seen nothing to suggest that the newbies even care a little bit about Star City? They choose going to get Vince over a bomb threatening the entire city (including Vince, so, you know). They took 5 weeks off to pout/whine, then took a week to set up their lair and then only acted when Vince contacted them and then followed up on his info. 

• Love 20

I just have no idea what they are doing with the Noobs. They are just so intensely bitter, spiteful, incompetent, stupid, and just plain mean that I have no clue how we are supposed to want them back with OTA. Previously I thought Dina might be alright, but blaming Oliver for Vince? Yeah, shut up. Just...shut up. I cant even pick their bitchiest moment, but I think Rene and his "this bunker is giving me PTSD" crack. Rene was the one betrayed Oliver (more than once!) and he thinks he gets to act like its SUCH a hardship to hang around OTA? Plus, Oliver has actual PTSD, so fuck off, dude. Did they tell the actors to project constant aggression around OTA? Because it is SUPER offputting,especially as OTA seems totally chill towards them.

Of course when I actually start to like Vince, he dies pointlessly to fuel boring Dinas story. First Rory, now Vince? Its like this show has an amazing ability to write characters who are actually interesting, and then shutter them off to focus on the worst characters ever. However, if this is the wake up call that Quentin needed to see that Black Siren is NOT laurel, then at least something good came out of all this. He was acting like such a moron, I actually cheered when Thea admitted what she got up to. Things are going to get REALLY awkward at the office between Dina and Quentin after this. "She looks like my daughter! She wants to be a hero!" "She made me watch as she turned my boyfriends brain into soup." "...but her eyes!". 

Can we just get more OTA and married Olicity cute times and competence? Please? Or, could we get more time with Ragman, Roy, Helena, Nyssa, Vince, Modern Vixen, Tatsu, Slade, Lyla, a resurrected Floyd Lawton or Laurel, Alena, or literally any person who are not named Rene, Curtis, or Dina. Seriously, there are so many other costume types they could have as reoccurring or even main characters, and yet we get these three stooges. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 21
27 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Someone please call Sara and tell her that her dad is going kind of nuts trying to save a murderer(a gleeful one,at that!). Maybe she can tell him about Earth X Quentin and he'll finally get it. Seriously, someone tell him about this before he gets himself killed trying to save someone who is not his daughter.

I'm actually wondering if that's what it's leading to? Quentin dying cause of his weird wanting to believe that BS can be saved

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

I just have no idea what they are doing with the Noobs. They are just so intensely bitter, spiteful, incompetent, stupid, and just plain mean that I have no clue how we are supposed to want them back with OTA.

Yeah, I don't really get where we're going here - they're being spiteful little jerks with their biting comments as if they're the wronged party, and the script isn't really indicating that they're wrong to feel this way. So I'm left to believe we're supposed to be siding with them, but I don't really see why we should?

• Love 5

Hey, they bring back flashbacks!  And... it is to show how Dinah and Vince first met and why she felt guilt for his initial "death", since she was the one that push him to keep doing their undercover mission, even after they knew their target was suspicious of an undercover agent.  Yeah, not exactly gripping stuff there.  At least there was a Singh appearance!

So, Team Arrow already finds out about Vince and sure enough, the show just blows past the whole "Team Noobs kept this from them.  Even though they are all about the trust, honesty, and respect!" aspect, and even almost treat it comical.  Fuck you, show.  But, anyway, Vince downloads all of Cayden's special files and gets it to Felicity and Alena (yay!), but gets kidnapped because Cayden isn't a fucking idiot.  So, this fractures the group (again), as Dinah leads Team Noobs to save her beau, leaving Oliver and Diggle to be the only two to try and get the bomb, since Team Arrow apparently are the only ones who actually care about the city out of this group of "heroes."  In the end, nothing works.  The bomb is back in the wind and Vince?  Well, Dinah gets to watch him die at the scream of Black Siren.  How's the whole "doing our own thing" working out for y'all, noobs?

But, hey, now this has made Dinah all angry and she's going to go a vengeful rampage, now.  That's fun, right?  Right?

Meanwhile, we get to continue watching poor Paul Blackthorne and Willa Holland do their best with the material they got, as Quentin continues his quest to "save Laurel", only for Thea to have to be the to tell him "Dude, she totally just screamed Vince's brains out!"  This whole thing is stupid.  This feels like a story that would have made way more sense if this was Original Laurel and she was brainwashed or some shit.  But she is another Laurel from an entirely different universe.  She isn't your daughter, Quentin.  This isn't healthy.

It's gotten to the point that my hatred for Rene grows every time he sneers "hoss" to Oliver.  Almost wish Oliver would quit being mature here.  Maybe during the next crossover, he can get all mouthy with the Legends, leading to Mick punching him in the throat.

Really, what is the purpose of the Dragon?  Cayden, Anatoly, and even Black Siren are serving their purposes, but his role could be done by any regular old henchman.

Seriously though, can Alana just stay?  She is way more awesome on her worst day then the noobs are on their best one.  Plus, Kacey Rohl can act circles around them too, although to be fair, the writing is probably what is really hurting the others' performances.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

So help me understand. Dinah decided that saving her boo was more important than saving the city. And Curtis and Rene decided that saving Dinah’s boo was more important than saving the city. And when he died anyway, it was Oliver’s fault? I can’t — with them, with this storyline, with these characters’ continued existence on this show.

They are worthless, petty, spiteful, arrogant, immature, and not at all heroic. They don’t give a shit about the city and they don’t lift a finger for anything unless it’s of personal importance to them.

I don’t know why the writers decided to write them this way, but they have ensured that I never ever want these people on Team Arrow again. 

Also, focusing the episode (and flashbacks!) on two people whose relationship I didn’t care about at all was a winning strategy. Not. 

I’m not even going to talk about Quentin, because I can’t believe the show is doing this to him. It’s just tragic.

What a snoozefest. Thank god for Alena. I love her and I’m always so happy to see her turn up. 

Can 620 be a bottle episode about Oliver and Felicity’s honeymoon? Bad guys htch some dastardly plan in Aruba and hijinks ensue. The writers owe it to us after tonight’s show.

What you described for 620 is exactly what I want!

• Love 4

I am extremely torn. I am really proud of how much Oliver has grown and matured over the years, and how he has become a real hero instead of the unstable killing machine we met in season 1. On the other hand...season 1 or 2 Oliver would have shot an Arrow into Rene after his first screw up...

• Love 22
55 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

So.. Like every week ppl are gonna find new ways to bitch abt NTA... I get it.. You don't like them.. But besides rene who was pissy again this week.. They seemed fine.. Curtis was talking abt the business and his dating life.. He and Felicity seem to be on decent enuff terms.. And dinah had her Vince stuff which all made sense.. Don't see what they did this week that needs complaining abt

As soon they stop being asshats, I MIGHT stop bitching about them. MIGHT

• Love 14
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

Wow. That was terrible. The focus on the noobs who have given me zero reason to ever want to see them again, let alone be on their side or want them back with OTA was an interesting choice by TPTB. 

In the AU show in my head, Vince is alive, the noobs all died, and he and Alena may start awkwardly flirting. 

That would be a thousand times better than what we’re in for now.

Does Team Whiny Babies realize that not only does CJ have a bomb that is going to kill everyone in Star City, but he is also bleeding the city dry of the money it needs to pay its employees (like, say, holier than though cops, Dinah), keep necessary services running, and probably fund programs designed to help the less fortunate citizens of Star City?  And, also, the giant bomb. I don’t think that can be stressed enough. Is Dinah’s boyfriend more important than all of those people?  Assholes. They might have stood a chance of getting that bomb tonight if there’d been five people at that warehouse instead of two. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 8