Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Janine's Story - LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Armchair Critic said:

I would hate to have somebody that immobile if something were to happen to the plane, she is deadweight literally.

Right? Like what if it crashed and they had to make a quick exit? What would happen to her?

• Love 6

What is the pain from?  I understand if someone that big is walking and has knee or hip pain, but she's sitting in the plane. I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm curious, why would she be having pain?

• Love 2
Just now, aliya said:

What is the pain from?  I understand if someone that big is walking and has knee or hip pain, but she's sitting in the plane. I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm curious, why would she be having pain?

All the pressure of her weight on her bones, maybe?

• Love 1

For fuck's sake. Can she NOT have just taken a Valium and had a beer at the airport like the rest of us who hate flying but like to take vacations?

19 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

She’s getting annoying. She wants help but wants to dictate the terms? She keeps eating crap (and how is she getting the groceries?) Her actions show that she’s not as committed to this as what she’s saying. 

They never are.

• Love 2
Just now, WhitneyWhit said:

Right? Like what if it crashed and they had to make a quick exit? What would happen to her?

I'm pretty sure she would be left behind. No one is going to risk getting blown up in a plane trying to move 700 lbs down a narrow aisle and onto a slide.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

All the pressure of her weight on her bones, maybe?

She's also probably pretty stiff too and there's no way for her to move around or walk.  I mean jeez I'm 5'1 and even my legs get sore on airplanes after a couple hours of not moving.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I'm pretty sure she would be left behind. No one is going to risk getting blown up in a plane trying to move 700 lbs down a narrow aisle and onto a slide.

I'd be using her as a human trampoline to get to that slide. Sorry, Janine.

Just now, aliya said:

I am in her age-range and a lot, lot thinner, but I could stand to lose some weight.  And pain comes with the territory.  Truly.  On top of her enormous weight, she probably has arthritis which can cause pain - standing, sitting or prone. Plus I think she's just plain scared.

• Love 8

Another thing that’s beginning to bug the hell out of me is her closing her eyes every time she hears something she doesn’t want to hear or she’s obviously lying down.  I’m always suspicious of people who will not look you in the eye when they’re talking to you or with you.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ChickenLatte99 said:

In my opinion she does not want to change. She wants to eat until she dies.

I'm pretty sure there are bariatric surgeons where she lives. At the very least, she could have started an eating program with one of them, lost weight, and either gotten to Dr Now or had some one local do the surgery. You're right - she wants to eat.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, 55Unicorns said:

OMG...she's in DALLAS?!? And can't go on...

Did she say that she had to get off the plane (as in change planes) in Dallas and would not be able to go on or did she just decide she couldn't take it anymore?? And, HELLO, she's in DALLAS so what's she talking like she can't make it to Houston?? Even if she doesn't fly, does she think she's just going to turn around and go back to Seattle? So she gets an ambulance or CraigsList-Uber-Friend-Stranger to drive her the rest of the way. Damn woman. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Threnners said:

I'll be dumping an extra tub of change in the firemen's boots this year if this is the crap they have to deal with.

I can't help but wonder what legitimate need is going unanswered by these first responders.

• Love 7

So Dallas to Houston is an extra hour and ten minutes by plane and she couldn’t do it? Her problems seem to be mainly in her head. She convinced herself she couldn’t do it so she didn’t. And now she becomes the problem of everybody around her since she can’t do anything for herself.

• Love 10
Just now, Carrie said:

I am in her age-range and a lot, lot thinner, but I could stand to lose some weight.  And pain comes with the territory.  Truly.  On top of her enormous weight, she probably has arthritis which can cause pain - standing, sitting or prone. Plus I think she's just plain scared.

I think a lot of that of that pain is anxiety...take a damn Valium and chill out.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

At least we aren't  subjected to the requisite road trip in a beat up SUV with no AC going through every drive thru between Seattle and Houston cuz it's her last chance to eat lol

Oh come on, you really don't miss "could you could just stick the urinal down my britches honey?  Let me find a dirt road"

• Love 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I'm pretty sure there are bariatric surgeons where she lives. At the very least, she could have started an eating program with one of them, lost weight, and either gotten to Dr Now or had some one local do the surgery.

Good point.

3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

For fuck's sake. Can she NOT have just taken a Valium and had a beer at the airport like the rest of us who hate flying but like to take vacations?

A couple of corn dogs with  vicodin ranch dip, great trip !

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

At least we aren't  subjected to the requisite road trip in a beat up SUV with no AC going through every drive thru between Seattle and Houston cuz it's her last chance to eat lol

True! Can't ask the flight attendant for 6 more meals. Lol.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Threnners said:

I find all these Golden Chick commercials airing during this amusing.

I am getting different commercials (have no idea what Golden Chick is) - over and over again - homeless dude singing'Don't forget about me' in the shelter. At least it's not food.

• Love 4

I hope that narcissist from my fat fabulous life is watching for her commercials so she'll see what her life will be like in 10 years. 

I can't decide if I feel bad for Janine or can't stand her.  It's like watching a ping pong match. 

• Love 13