Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Janine's Story - LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I want to be hard on her, but I feel like I have to give her some credit for still wanting to take this trip despite the many obstacles she's facing.  There's so many others on here that will only travel if their family uproots their lives to be with them.  It's frankly really sad just how alone she is.  This scene of her getting on the airplane is really terrible.  

• Love 9

I know it looks bad for her to have to pay an assistant, but I give her props for doing it and moving ahead to see about the surgery. She's not buying a friend, she's paying for assistance. My grandmother was an LPN and worked for families that needed a nurse. She frequently traveled with them. They were paying for her expertise to help their loved one, not her friendship. In fact, Jim Crow being what it was, she couldn't have gone to a lot of places if she weren't the paid help.

Where is she traveling from and how hot was it?  Couldn't the guy put on a polo and a pair of pants to fly? 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, 55Unicorns said:

...and that dipshit  "paid friend: is just standing there...

RIGHT?! What the hell was his point of being there? It's not like he helped her -- nor did he even utter a single word of support!

ETA: It seems he drove her scooter away after she was taken from the plane. Great. "Back-up scooter driver." 

2 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

So she gets on the plane. ON. The. Plane. and then decides she can't do it? Can't do what? Sit down? Although I'm pretty sure Dr. Now wouldn't think flying was a very good idea. 

She has to be a huge liability for the airlines.

Edited by PeaceLily2
spelling
  • Love 2

The airline should have known better than to try to cram her in, and she should have known this was going to be more complicated than just buying two or three seats. She's not an idiot. And I don't know what the hired guy was supposed to do for her. He had zero medical training.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

So she gets on the plane. ON. The. Plane. and then decides she can't do it? Can't do what? Sit down? Although I'm pretty sure Dr. Now wouldn't think flying was a very good idea. 

If she thinks that's painful, wait until she has to be driven 5 days in a van!

• Love 4
Just now, PeaceLily2 said:

She ate a corn dog in 2 bites!

Living the dream!

So, basically she just had a panic attack getting on the plane? Christ, lady. (And I say this as a person who's had panic attacks.)

I agree; I don't notice either.  I understand being self-conscious though.  All of us have our days when we mistakenly believe we are the center of everyone's attention and that everyone is staring when we don't like our haircut; have cat hair all over our slacks; discover we are wearing two different shoes; use a flip phone in the grocery store,etc, etc.. Ha!  [Actually I could care less anymore!  The beauty of menopause.]. 

• Love 13

Dr Now's diet plan is online. Many 800-1200 calorie plans are online. She wants to eat - hence, 2 months later, we are watching her stuff corn dogs in her face (how can people eat that awful 'food'?) instead of saying she got the scare of her life and has lost 50 lbs following a plan, any plan.

• Love 4

Even though we don't get a good shot of the cat's face, I'm sensing a strong FFOJ going on there (feline face of judgement). Poor kitty! 

Holy crap - I did NOT need to see her on the toilet. 

YUP - that's a "HELP" face on the cat if ever I've seen one. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

Why do they always say they're humiliated? I've seen so many fat people on scooters now that I don't pay any attention to people on scooters. (And how sad is that?)

I agree.

• Love 2