Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Rena and Lee's Story - LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

They both seem like they were willing to follow the diet and lose some weight on their own, which is good.  But they also both seem to think the surgery is a magic cure that will make them skinny, which is not good.  You can still eat yourself to death after you have surgery, Lee.

What I don't understand is that Lee had a complete by-pass which is supposed to make it much more physically difficult to eat and absorb calories.  It must hurt to eat so much - for Lee.  Yet he does.  

• Love 6

Stfu with the trying to justify your fucking up. Dr Now should make psych therapy a part of this from the get go.  Nobody of sound mind would let themself get that big. Their mental state is just as important as their physical IMO.

• Love 5

Like any addict!   They sacrifice their own children - a Girlfriend doesn’t stand a chance.  She needs to get the hell away from him. She will not be able to lift him up - he will only drag her down. She’s got her own issues to contend with and she needs to concentrate on herself.   

• Love 2
Just now, 55Unicorns said:

Sorry...mea culpa, mea culpa...

Mea maxima culpa - as a former pre-Vatican II Catholic, I always hear the rest of it in my head.

Anyway, I wondered about the tats myself. You'd think they'd have bigger issues than getting all of those tattoos.  Also, did anyone catch if they had ever held jobs? Do they have any kind of work history?

And let me add to the chorus - he just had the surgery. How is he eating so much already?    Why does the caretaker stand while he eats?  So many questions...

• Love 5
Just now, Shnoopy said:

Stfu with the trying to justify your fucking up. Dr Now should make psych therapy a part of this from the get go.  Nobody of sound mind would let themself get that big. Their mental state is just as important as their physical IMO.

Well, he does recommend therapy...whether they accept and continue is another...

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Carrie said:

What I don't understand is that Lee had a complete by-pass which is supposed to make it much more physically difficult to eat and absorb calories.  It must hurt to eat so much - for Lee.  Yet he does.  

That surprised me too.   I thought if you ate that much after a bypass you just vomit it all up. 

Edited by Kid
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Carrie said:

Did he have the by-pass?  I thought it was gallbladder surgery