Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Madeline I can't figure out and could see her going either way. She hasn' posted a lot of DCC on social media lately but is still posting dance classes fairly recently. Most of those who retired I have been pretty accurate on. But her I just can't get a good solid read. She's young so she certainly has time to cheer for DCC but she may have other things she wants to persue. 

I hope I'm wrong but I get a feeling Madeline is retiring.  Maybe it's due to her lack of posting or her recent DCC FB page post saying "Good luck everyone! Love and audition cheers!".  It gives me a "she'll be cheering from the sidelines & not on the team" vibe.  Has she done her Mormon mission time yet?  She may be considering doing so or pursing teaching &/or choreo opportunities.

The other thing that keeps percolating in my brain (and just conjecture on my part) is after all the drama of last season and what happened to certain vets, is it possible more than one retiring gal decided she no longer wants to be a part of the organization nor have herself under such televised scrutiny?  I may be way off base with this theory but it wouldn't surprise me if this did somehow affect some squad member's decision to stay or retire.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Is anyone else surprised Madeline hasn't spoken up or, if she retires, are you surprised at that?   What is her career?

I don't think she is going anywhere anytime soon. She is a favorite of K&J. ( I believe she is a nanny)

I do believe Jinelle is retiring though.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Is anyone else surprised Madeline hasn't spoken up or, if she retires, are you surprised at that?   What is her career?

I doubt she's retiring.  She seems pretty rooted with her education and nanny position in the Dallas area.  I'd assume that she'd return to Utah to be closer to family and congregation if she left DCC.

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

The other thing that keeps percolating in my brain (and just conjecture on my part) is after all the drama of last season and what happened to certain vets, is it possible more than one retiring gal decided she no longer wants to be a part of the organization nor have herself under such televised scrutiny?  I may be way off base with this theory but it wouldn't surprise me if this did somehow affect some squad member's decision to stay or retire.

I wondered this myself. It does seem as if there is a good amount leaving and it will be a fairly new squad when you look at the number of vets vs rookies and 1 yr girls. It will be interesting to see if and who they cut. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Baylee's audition last time was a joke.  Sort of like Jasmine the previous year.  I can see why she got cut.  And I am PRAYING that Christina is cut.  She's awful and has quite the attitude.

Well Jessika's was even worse and she's still a dcc...

• Love 1
22 hours ago, go4luca said:

Raylee was very pretty.  I can't imagine what she did to lose Charlotte's favor (if this is indeed the case).  Not knowing any inside track info, I still think they should have kept her.

I agree so much on Raylee, she had become one of my favorites by her second season and loved her in Jessica's group which was my favorite group seen in this video. Just watch her in this tine clip and she looks great to me!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, go4luca said:

sorry diddnt mean to quote this and cant delete the tag-dccroutinefan

37 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I wondered this myself. It does seem as if there is a good amount leaving and it will be a fairly new squad when you look at the number of vets vs rookies and 1 yr girls. It will be interesting to see if and who they cut. 

I can DEFINITELY see where this could have been a reason to leave that environment. The "Jenericolly" had to have created some tension and perhaps negative vibes around all aspects of the season and maybe even a little from the year before sending out some of my faves then as well (Mandy, Melissa, Claire, Jax, Amy T.) 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, WkdMOM said:

I doubt she's retiring.  She seems pretty rooted with her education and nanny position in the Dallas area.  I'd assume that she'd return to Utah to be closer to family and congregation if she left DCC.

What is her education position? 

Maddie seems so down to earth and family oriented, and she's just so innocent looking. I would think they'd love her even more if they could promote some of the "good girl next door" dancers after all the Holly/Erica/Jenna drama. I don't think she's "triangle glam", but I'd feel much more comfortable with her at an elementary school or children's hospital than some of the super sexy girls with boobs hanging every where.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well Jessika's was even worse and she's still a dcc...

Oh, I totally agree.  I call bullshit on Jessika making the squad last year.  Her audition was posted on Twitter and then quickly removed.  Also, it wasn't shown at all during the episode the included finals.  It was BAD!  I don't know how she made it back, but it sure as heck wasn't on the basis of her performance at finals.  I did hear that there as a lot of drama in the judges' deliberations about Jessika (i.e., many of them said she shouldn't be invited back) with the powers-that-be basically saying she was going to be invited back regardless.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Oh, I totally agree.  I call bullshit on Jessika making the squad last year.  Her audition was posted on Twitter and then quickly removed.  Also, it wasn't shown at all during the episode the included finals.  It was BAD!  I don't know how she made it back, but it sure as heck wasn't on the basis of her performance at finals.  I did hear that there as a lot of drama in the judges' deliberations about Jessika (i.e., many of them said she shouldn't be invited back) with the powers-that-be basically saying she was going to be invited back regardless.

I can believe it. They can say they want the judges to help decide who stays or who goes, but when it is all say and done, Kelli and Charlotte are the ones who have the final say so, in my opinion. I have nothing against Jessika, but she does not strike me as a DCC.

1 hour ago, DancingNurse said:

What is her education position? 

Maddie seems so down to earth and family oriented, and she's just so innocent looking. I would think they'd love her even more if they could promote some of the "good girl next door" dancers after all the Holly/Erica/Jenna drama. I don't think she's "triangle glam", but I'd feel much more comfortable with her at an elementary school or children's hospital than some of the super sexy girls with boobs hanging every where.

I believe her course of study is business.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

They can say they want the judges to help decide who stays or who goes, but when it is all say and done, Kelli and Charlotte are the ones who have the final say

So much this.

• Love 7

So I’m about half way finished with today’s podcast. Savannah and Rachel. I don’t even know if I want to bother finishing they’re so boring.

I WANT to support a fellow redhead and like Savannah, but if she isn’t cut, her red hair is all that saves her. She looks and sounds terrified, and can’t string together a sentence. Rachel isn’t exciting, but at least she can converse.

Seriously, if personality and showmanship are such big factors, I’d chop Savannah, Jessika, maybe Rachel, and of course Christina for being so dang whiny.

• Love 4

I do not think Christina is whiny as she was on the show especially after listening to her on a few podcasts. I think she comes across much better now than she did during TC last year. I can relate to her better than I can other girls on the squad. I think a big part of the podcast is the fact they do not have good hosts for it. Shannon and Courtney drive me crazy. I would rather see Kelli and/or Robin do them.

Sarah's sister Tessa posted pix on her story turning in her uniforms and said "Hope to earn this uniform back again soon".  Looks like she wont be trying out for DCC this year.  She has really grown as a dancer this year by being on a team.  She seems like a really great person and she really loves being a DSIG,  seems like a great fit for her.    I always love to see when someone finds where they love to be.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I REALLY hope she’s going to audition again. She’s SO pretty! 

she's not auditioning for DCC this year :(  I asked because I fangirl her so hard LOL  It sounds like it's not off her bucket list, just not this year.  Love her! She is gorgeous and seems truly sweet. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I REALLY hope she’s going to audition again. She’s SO pretty! 

I agree... LOVE her. I think she is so pretty and her hair is goals

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She's currently a LA Charger Girl. She might want to stay out in CA.

http://www.chargers.com/cheerleaders/roster/gaebri

I think she might have moved to TX?  may be confusing her with someone else but i thought Evan posted on IG about being happy that Gaebri moved closer.  

ETA: she did move to TX. I can't see her auditioning for DCC but who knows! 

Edited by LaurenBrook

I don't know if she is on the list of trying out but this says she is

9 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think she might have moved to TX?  may be confusing her with someone else but i thought Evan posted on IG about being happy that Gaebri moved closer.  

ETA: she did move to TX. I can't see her auditioning for DCC but who knows! 

She is engaged and I think she moved to Texas because he lives there.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Sarah's sister Tessa posted pix on her story turning in her uniforms and said "Hope to earn this uniform back again soon".  Looks like she wont be trying out for DCC this year.  She has really grown as a dancer this year by being on a team.  She seems like a really great person and she really loves being a DSIG,  seems like a great fit for her.    I always love to see when someone finds where they love to be.  

Tessa will try out for DCC next year in 2019. She's using DSIG as a springboard for DCC

• Love 2
6 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I was watching Sarah's video with Gaebri and Sarah's sister and wow Gaebri was out dancing both of them.

Gaebri would be a huge asset to DCC, she’s not as fab as her sister (but I’m biased, Evan is top 5 DCC for me) but has killer presence when she dances. That, and she’s  tall, fit and blonde so she’d make it even if she was an average dancer. Don’t know if they’ll take her boyfriend’s past into concideration, since it’s all over her social media. He was accused of moleststation, but there were inconsistencies and no evidence, but he was in prison for awhile and she and fam had this huge fundraiser/campaign to prove his innocence. 

After all that K & J put up with last year I really don't think they want someone like her.  She partied really hard last year.  Some still say Greg is guilty and was lucky to get off.  DCC doesn't need this no matter how tall, fit and blonde she is.  They need girls with morals and values.  

On 4/8/2018 at 12:40 AM, 5678Pixie said:

Nm

These ladies only put up with what they created.   They Knew about all the drama and instead ignored it....I say CUT EVERYONE and live on the edge :). 

• Love 1
On 4/25/2018 at 8:18 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

So I’m about half way finished with today’s podcast. Savannah and Rachel. I don’t even know if I want to bother finishing they’re so boring.

I WANT to support a fellow redhead and like Savannah, but if she isn’t cut, her red hair is all that saves her. She looks and sounds terrified, and can’t string together a sentence. Rachel isn’t exciting, but at least she can converse.

Seriously, if personality and showmanship are such big factors, I’d chop Savannah, Jessika, maybe Rachel, and of course Christina for being so dang whiny.

Pretty sure I fell asleep.

• Love 2
On 4/25/2018 at 8:18 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing this. I'll be watching Savannah closely at auditions because this kind of thing is what Charlotte might use as grounds for cutting her, even if she does well in her solo. I can just hear Charlotte saying, "She didn't improve. She's supposed to be GREAT!" If she freezes up in her interview (a la Terri from Season 7 who didn't make it back), she's toast.

29 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing this. I'll be watching Savannah closely at auditions because this kind of thing is what Charlotte might use as grounds for cutting her, even if she does well in her solo. I can just hear Charlotte saying, "She didn't improve. She's supposed to be GREAT!" If she freezes up in her interview (a la Terri from Season 7 who didn't make it back), she's toast.

i'm just so surprised to hear Savannah struggled with the podcast.  I've always thought one of her strengths was how professional and well spoken she was (like any of her meetings with K&J she was SO poised).  

I have such a soft spot for her.  She is working really hard to improve, going to all these classes, and takes it so seriously.  I'll be so upset if she gets cut. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

Maybe they both do better in the second half, I sure hope so. Even with Shannon feeding her questions, she looked like a deer in headlights with a plastered grin. WE NEED THOSE REDHEADS. I hope it was just a bad day and they over look it.

Honestly, after seeing the podcast with Kelli  Finglass and Jessika, Jessika was WORSE. Kelli didn’t seem to care and just beamed at her. I’m one who defended Jessika solo last year, too. She has good technique, but definitely not interview ready to me.

I sort of feel bad saying beautiful, talented dancers shouldn’t be DCC because while they can dance, they  take a minute longer to piece together words and then also be charming, but that’s a huge part of a World Class Package, soooo....

• Love 1

I think a big part of the problem is they have bad interviewers. I wish they would dump Courtney and Shannon and get Robin to take over. Robin is so sweet, adorable, and handles interviews well. I also hope they will get Judy on one of the podcasts.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I think a big part of the problem is they have bad interviewers. I wish they would dump Courtney and Shannon and get Robin to take over. Robin is so sweet, adorable, and handles interviews well. I also hope they will get Judy on one of the podcasts.

Kristi Scales!!

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, viccib said:

Kelli answered a tweet that there are only 23 vets returning to auditions this year.

Just did the math, and I think that means that both Maddie and Jinelle are retiring, unless someone we had previously assumed is coming back is actually retiring.

7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Both of these girls will be trying out for DCC

Maybe it's just the picture, but Belinda IMO looks a lot like Christie Brinkley.

17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I wish they would dump Courtney and Shannon and get Robin to take over.

Technically Robin was still a DCC at podcast time, but maybe that's what she'll be doing next year!

• Love 2

Hi friends! Here’s the updated list! I think this is everyone we have found so far :) 

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Bella @_bellabells (Twitter)

Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson

Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz

Megan Rose @meganr230

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Taylor @taytauss

Lindsey Waldron @lindseycwaldrop

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Angela Huang @angelalynnhuang

Danielle Marie @road2dance

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Kevelyn Jones @kevelynnnn (Private)

Kortni Price @kortniprice

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Bree @breejackai

Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Brennan Ashley @brennanashley

Erin Sauerhage @erin_margaret

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Shannon Elkins @shannonrachele

Dominique @black_beauty

Hannah-Grace Abrigg @slayybrigg

Anyssa Surprenant @anyssa_surprenant

Kimber Westphall @kimber_westphall

Kelly Brice @_kells.bells_ (private)

Lacey Jean @laceyjean17

Britton Swanson @britton_swanson

Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15

Monyca Warren @oh_monmon

Kelly Brice @_kells.bells. (Private)

Amanda Bishop @amandabishop77

Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver

Raegan Schmotzer @raeganschmotzer

Ashley Beth @ashleybeth247

Brianna Shea @briannalshea 

Morgan Jones @mojojojo_jones

Belinda Kathryn @belindak04

Randi Sundquist @randisunquist 

Tay @misstayyroshea

Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro

• Love 2
2 hours ago, amateurathlete said:

Just did the math, and I think that means that both Maddie and Jinelle are retiring, unless someone we had previously assumed is coming back is actually retiring.

I just updated the current list that @dccfan37 made. It's in the current squad section. The numbers add up to them leaving. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, amateurathlete said:

I'm still not sure about Chantal...  I don't think she ever confirmed she's coming back, she just posted "X number of days until tryouts" one time, but then she was at a "filming session" for CMT with a few known retirees.  Not sure if they were filming their "goodbyes" but it was also the day that Kelli posted the "tearful discussion with Jinelle"...  (That's a lot of ""s. lol)

4 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Hi friends! Here’s the updated list! I think this is everyone we have found so far :) 

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Bella @_bellabells (Twitter)

Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson

Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz

Megan Rose @meganr230

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Taylor @taytauss

Lindsey Waldron @lindseycwaldrop

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Angela Huang @angelalynnhuang

Danielle Marie @road2dance

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Kevelyn Jones @kevelynnnn (Private)

Kortni Price @kortniprice

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Bree @breejackai

Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Brennan Ashley @brennanashley

Erin Sauerhage @erin_margaret

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Shannon Elkins @shannonrachele

Dominique @black_beauty

Hannah-Grace Abrigg @slayybrigg

Anyssa Surprenant @anyssa_surprenant

Kimber Westphall @kimber_westphall

Kelly Brice @_kells.bells_ (private)

Lacey Jean @laceyjean17

Britton Swanson @britton_swanson

Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15

Monyca Warren @oh_monmon

Kelly Brice @_kells.bells. (Private)

Amanda Bishop @amandabishop77

Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver

Raegan Schmotzer @raeganschmotzer

Ashley Beth @ashleybeth247

Brianna Shea @briannalshea 

Morgan Jones @mojojojo_jones

Belinda Kathryn @belindak04

Randi Sundquist @randisunquist 

Tay @misstayyroshea

Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro

You can swipe all the pix she has posted and see a lot of the girls names here.

Taylor L and Macie need to be added to the list

You can take Madelyn F off the list.  She is going to training camp in June.  This seems like a better team for her to try out for.  

• Love 1