Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I like this girls hair when it was dark. With her blue eyes, it made her stand out and look more unique. Reminds me of Lauren when they darkened her hair.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

I like this girls hair when it was dark. With her blue eyes, it made her stand out and look more unique. Reminds me of Lauren when they darkened her hair.

Totally agree, as soon as I saw her I thought she needed to have dark hair. 

Does anyone follow Kelly P on IG? She’s putting all the effort in, but I feel like DCC is a lifestyle, not something you can gain in 2-a-days a few months before auditions. Either you are in full makeup 24/7, tan and hot and love Jesus, or you aren’t. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

Totally agree, as soon as I saw her I thought she needed to have dark hair. 

Does anyone follow Kelly P on IG? She’s putting all the effort in, but I feel like DCC is a lifestyle, not something you can gain in 2-a-days a few months before auditions. Either you are in full makeup 24/7, tan and hot and love Jesus, or you aren’t. 

OMG... DEAD!

• Love 8

Hi everyone. I'm so glad to be back in the discussions. I took a break but its so glad to be back. I hope everyone is well. Can someone please tell me who is retiring this year. I know Jenna, Cersten, Simone....

• Love 1
Just now, bigskygirl said:

Jenna, Cersten, Simone, Robin, and Maggie have been confirmed.

@bigskygirl.. thank you so much for responding. OMG I love Robin and Maggie, did they say why they are retiring. I absolutely loooove Cersten too but medical school cant be beat. I was wondering about Stephanie because she mentioned on her IG that she is getting married in June. Also, when is the banquet and when do they go out of town for the calendar shoot. 

• Love 1

Robin got a communication internship at The Star, and Maggie is moving back to California. The banquet will be at the end of April I believe, and the calendar shoot fittings are on May 1st, and the shoot will be one to two weeks after auditions are over.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Robin got a communication internship at The Star, and Maggie is moving back to California. The banquet will be at the end of April I believe, and the calendar shoot fittings are on May 1st, and the shoot will be one to two weeks after auditions are over.

Wow, for Robin. Don't they normally do the calendar shoot before auditions even before they know who makes it back???

On 3/20/2018 at 5:26 AM, MrsEVH said:

Milan also left the squad in November.

Do you know why she left. From her IG stories she is traveling the world to all types of exotic places. Good for her if she is happy!

Minerva Benitez has tried out at least twice and according to her inst video dated January 5 she will be trying out again this year.  I can't get the pix she posted today to upload here.  If someone can get it to upload please do.  Her insta is minervabenitezz

9 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Minerva Benitez has tried out at least twice and according to her inst video dated January 5 she will be trying out again this year.  I can't get the pix she posted today to upload here.  If someone can get it to upload please do.  Her insta is minervabenitezz

I tried to, but it looks like her account is private. I was hoping Royesha from Season 11? would try out again, but it looks like she is dancing for another team. I thought she was adorable with the DCC look and body and with some dance classes and working on her kick, she had the potential to make the team.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I tried to, but it looks like her account is private. I was hoping Royesha from Season 11? would try out again, but it looks like she is dancing for another team. I thought she was adorable with the DCC look and body and with some dance classes and working on her kick, she had the potential to make the team.

Wish you could see Minerva's insta she is a discussing mess.  She posted a pix that is similar to the tee shirt pix (or should I say half tee shirt) that Kaylassa posted and it makes Kaylass look good. LOL 

Is Royesha the girl that had black bangs?  If so I was surprised she didn't try out again last year.  

• Love 1

Milan and Alexandria left the squad, Kalyssa left or was cut. Jenna, Maggie, Simone, Robin, Cersten, and Simone have made confirmation announcements they will not try out again. If the squad goes with 36 girls again, so confirmation of nine spots will be open.

Minerva will never make Training Camp if she doesn't clean up her social media.  That half-shirt picture isn't the only one she's posted that is questionable.  There's several pics that are VERY questionable, including one in a nude-colored bikini (with a tube top instead of the usual bra-type top) and and a nude mesh catsuit that runs underneath the bottom portion.  Let's just say the bottoms are transparent enough that, without the liner and the graphics on it, would be very revealing otherwise.  Heck, it's revealing enough as it is!

16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Milan and Alexandria left the squad, Kalyssa left or was cut. Jenna, Maggie, Simone, Robin, Cersten, and Simone have made confirmation announcements they will not try out again. If the squad goes with 36 girls again, so confirmation of nine spots will be open.

Stephanie announced to 

Okay, I will try it again. The squad started out with 36 girls. Milan and Alexandria left during the regular football season with Kalyssa leaving or being cut before the DCC season ended. Jenna, Maggie, Simone, Robin, Cersten, Simone, and Stephanie have confirmed they are not trying out again. Ten spots confirmed open if they go with 36 girls again. Some girls have said yes I will try out again, but I am waiting until finals to see who is really leaving because things can change between now and next month.

Edited by bigskygirl
43 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Cersten got into medical school. Yeah!!  anybody know which one ? I'm guessing that is the reason to formally announce not returning.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, sATL said:

Cersten got into medical school. Yeah!!  anybody know which one ? I'm guessing that is the reason to formally announce not returning.

She mentioned on the podcast it was an American program in Mexico 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

She mentioned on the podcast it was an American program in Mexico 

Thanks for the tip regarding the podcast ( link ). Yes gave away a few hints in the podcast as to which university it is - the alma mater of her former employer, the plastic surgeon. She only applied to one school ? I know you only can attend one school at a time, and there is a finite nbr of medical schools.. but ONE? I guess that confidence comes from being a DCC and a dancer.

I loved the friendship b/w her and Keyra - they seem to complent each other. I didn't realize Keyra was a talker - she kinda took over in a few spots the conversation.

1 hour ago, sATL said:

Thanks for the tip regarding the podcast ( link ). Yes gave away a few hints in the podcast as to which university it is - the alma mater of her former employer, the plastic surgeon. She only applied to one school ? I know you only can attend one school at a time, and there is a finite nbr of medical schools.. but ONE? I guess that confidence comes from being a DCC and a dancer.

Ahhh...wasn’t the plastic surgeon a former DCC as well?

Oh, that “confidence” of applying to only one school knowing that you will get in based on who you know. The DCC way! <sips tea>

• Love 1

Maybe she means that she only applied to that one school this year? It’s possible that she had applied to other med schools in the past and didn’t bother to reapply this year. I just find it very odd though that someone would apply to only one medical school and one in Mexico at that. Med school is hard enough to get into that it makes little sense limit your odds even further, but hey, perhaps she just knew that she would get in.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Wish you could see Minerva's insta she is a discussing mess.  She posted a pix that is similar to the tee shirt pix (or should I say half tee shirt) that Kaylassa posted and it makes Kaylass look good. LOL 

Is Royesha the girl that had black bangs?  If so I was surprised she didn't try out again last year.  

Never never in a million years will she ever make TC. If she does audition (I have my doubts) she’s either doing it for the reality TV exposure or she’s delusional. No shame in using it for exposure. If she wanted to get in, she wouldn’t be posting what she’s posting. 

47 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Maybe she means that she only applied to that one school this year? It’s possible that she had applied to other med schools in the past and didn’t bother to reapply this year. I just find it very odd though that someone would apply to only one medical school and one in Mexico at that. Med school is hard enough to get into that it makes little sense limit your odds even further, but hey, perhaps she just knew that she would get in.

Medical schools in Mexico are notorious for being easy to get in to. She probably had no doubts she would get in, and she already has a job lined up (I’m guessing) so she doesn’t have to worry about the abysmal placement rates of schools like that.  I am guessing she will be the kind of doctor that puts in fillers and does laser treatments, not the kind that does surgery. 

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Okay, I will try it again. The squad started out with 36 girls. Milan and Alexandria left during the regular football season with Kalyssa leaving or being cut before the DCC season ended. Jenna, Maggie, Simone, Robin, Cersten, Simone, and Stephanie have confirmed they are not trying out again. Ten spots confirmed open if they go with 36 girls again. Some girls have said yes I will try out again, but I am waiting until finals to see who is really leaving because things can change between now and next month.

Kelsey isn’t confirmed, but I’m pretty sure you aren’t traveling to the Maldives and eating coconut curry 4 weeks before auditions. You are dancing and eating salad and spinach. I also have some doubts about Maddie. She’s also traveling a lot.  but she’s pretty talented, so maybe she can just waltz in?? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

You've got Simone on here twice...  nine spots so far.

I was so excited Cersten got into medical school.... then saw it was in Mexico. ?‍♀️ I literally groaned out loud. No one who can get into a school in the United States chooses to go to school in Mexico. Now, there is an excellent heart surgeon in our city who went to school in Mexico, but he’s Mexican and went to school at home. But then he came and did his residency and fellowship under Dr. Debakey, the most famous heart surgeon in the world. I guess it’s great she’s going.... if she can do well and get a residency program here, she could do very well.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I was so excited Cersten got into medical school.... then saw it was in Mexico. ?‍♀️ I literally groaned out loud. No one who can get into a school in the United States chooses to go to school in Mexico. Now, there is an excellent heart surgeon in our city who went to school in Mexico, but he’s Mexican and went to school at home. But then he came and did his residency and fellowship under Dr. Debakey, the most famous heart surgeon in the world. I guess it’s great she’s going.... if she can do well and get a residency program here, she could do very well.

agree. I wasn't exactly expecting Harvard, Johns Hopkins, Stanford, NYU, ranking level ( usnews medical rankings ), but out of country ? I was expecting somewhere in TX/LA {ie close to home) or maybe Howard . But 2 years will go by quick when your nose in deep in a book and sitting in a lab. I wonder if they are offering her some kind of scholarship/grant.

I am glad to see a positive end to this 2 year story (she came into DCC stating med school). I also follow her story b/c I have friends whose kiddies' who want to be Drs and a couple of friends of my offspring. I like to share information - I thought a wonderful part of her story was taking a couple years off to "better her applications" {her words} and get real world medical experience by being some kind of surgical tech. Her linkedin page states has 2 undergrads in Biology.

I know its not guaranteed to get into the grad school where you did undergrad, but it seems odd not to apply to LSU medical school. If they turned you down, apply again. And to the point mentioned above - I'm sure there are few former DCCs who went to medical school somewhere in the US, 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I'm guessing Cersten's situation is quite simple, she knew there was no way in hell a med school in the US was accepting her.  Applying to one school didn't show confidence, it showed that she applied somewhere she knew she would get in so she wouldn't have to read any rejection letters.  After her fake nurse escapades, I have no respect for her.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm guessing Cersten's situation is quite simple, she knew there was no way in hell a med school in the US was accepting her.  Applying to one school didn't show confidence, it showed that she applied somewhere she knew she would get in so she wouldn't have to read any rejection letters.  After her fake nurse escapades, I have no respect for her.

I tried to read up on medical schools in Mexico.  Seems there are the respected ones and unrespected ones.  

Saw this--"The Guadalajara medical school, on the other hand, is scrutinized by several watchdogs, including the American Medical Association and the accredited American medical schools that participate in the Fifth Pathway program, and is uniformly regarded as producing sound physicians."

It could be a lower cost by going to a school in Mexico via a U.S. program, which I think is what she indicated.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

"The Guadalajara medical school, on the other hand, is scrutinized by several watchdogs, including the American Medical Association and the accredited American medical schools that participate in the Fifth Pathway program, and is uniformly regarded as producing sound physicians."

I know this is only one example, but I personally know a neurologist who went to Guadalajara, and, to be kind, he isn't very good...he wasn't able to pass his board certification exams.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I disagree with the last sentence as I like Cersten just fine. However, I agree with the rest. She had probably either applied to other med schools in the past and been rejected, or she already knew that her scores weren’t high enough. I’m not super familiar with the requirements for med school, but I imagine that it may not have been an issue with grades or she would’ve (should’ve) been taking some grad classes to get those up. I would guess she may have had a big problem with test scores. 

Regardless, I wish her well. Medical school is crazy competitive, and many smart and capable people never get in for a variety of reasons. So, i don’t think her going to Mexico has to have any bearing on her intelligence or the type of doctor she may be, as long as she can get into a good residency program and pass her exams.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Tootie said:

You've got Simone on here twice...  nine spots so far.

*lol* I was doing this yesterday while my sinuses are acting up, and I got new glasses on Monday, so my eyes are still trying to adjust to the new lenses. Nine girls so far. 1/4 of the squad.

46 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I tried to read up on medical schools in Mexico.  Seems there are the respected ones and unrespected ones.  

Saw this--"The Guadalajara medical school, on the other hand, is scrutinized by several watchdogs, including the American Medical Association and the accredited American medical schools that participate in the Fifth Pathway program, and is uniformly regarded as producing sound physicians."

It could be a lower cost by going to a school in Mexico via a U.S. program, which I think is what she indicated.

I did some poking around on the interwebs too, and that Guadalajara school kept popping up as a good one, with a strong reputation and lot of students from the US. I found this interview with a student there who said students could do their first couple of years in Mexico, and their hospital rotations in the US. I bet that would really help in finding a job afterward. I don't know very much about this field, but maybe the school will be attending is on par with good American schools. Maybe even better than some good American schools. Perhaps it's a better choice for her than choosing a different career or going hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt for it. 

Regardless of how many schools she applied to, and whether she's going to Mexico because of cost, low scores, opportunity to become proficient in Spanish, or a sense of adventure, being a doctor is her dream, and this is how she is going to accomplish it. Kudos to her for that.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

She said she is not doing all of her medical school education/training in Mexico. I think she said she will be there for two years and then finish the rest of her education in the states.

She already thinks she can transfer out to a US medical school?  LOL good luck with that.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/articles/2015/01/08/navigate-transferring-from-one-medical-school-to-another

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don’t think she was referring to transferring. I think the program itself is set up with the first 2 years in Mexico, and then the next 2 in the US. At least that’s how I interpreted it.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t think she was referring to transferring. I think the program itself is set up with the first 2 years in Mexico, and then the next 2 in the US. At least that’s how I interpreted it.

I think this is what she meant too. I was having a hard time hearing the podcast yesterday. I wish they would get someone else to do the podcast instead of Courtney and Shannon because they are bad.

Edited by bigskygirl
7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Loved Dr Debakey!! I was a nursing student in the early 90's in Milwaukee and he came to the hospital for something or other, I don't exactly know. They usually don't clear visits with nursing students. Anyhow, he rounded on my patient with Dr Dudley Johnson, another heart surgeon pioneer. When they found out I was a nursing student, they took the time to explain to me exactly what the plan was for the patient and why they chose that plan. AND....I was invited to come and observe the surgery, they got me a step stool and I was right up in there. They talked me through every step of the way. It was an experience I will never forget. 

As far as Mexican/Carribean medical schools, it is extremely difficult to get a US residency/fellowship if you do not attend school here in the US. It's hard enough to get matched if you do attend a school here let alone come from out of the country. I suspect her entry exam results were not the greatest and she knew she would not be accepted anywhere else. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I disagree with the last sentence as I like Cersten just fine.

We all have opinions on who we do or don't like, so please don't take this that I'm snarking on you for liking her, but after her unapologetic truth bending about being a nurse, I just don't find her to be a respectable person.

• Love 6

Hey guys I don’t know much about medical school in Guadalajara versus Med school in america but I think we can all agree that regardless of school ranking or MCAT scores, any school is still a heck of a lot better than taking semi-nude photos with amateur photographers to promote teeth whitening or lip plumper!  ????

• Love 22
On 4/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, bigskygirl said:

Yes, they were doing the calendar shoot before auditions started, but they change it to after finals were over.

Thanks for the info. I think it makes more sense to only take the women that actually get through to TC. I do wonder if they will start inviting rookies to go to calendar. I do know that some teams do that already, like the Miami Dolphins. 

On 4/12/2018 at 6:32 AM, PrincessLeia said:

I believe that Cersten is bi-racial. Her mom is Latina, maybe that's what influenced her school choice. She seems extremely bright, I'm sure she will do well anywhere. I can't imagine that no other school accepted her, just my humble opinion. 

• Love 5

They will not be inviting TC Candidates to go on shoot since they have not made the team. The vets who make it back to TC will be the ones going on the shoot. The one year girls aka the rookies who make it back to TC probably will be going on the shoot unless they get cut at finals or do something to piss off Judy, Kelli and/or Charlotte.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Is the third girl in this video trying out? She looks kind of familiar.

I think I'm the only one still bringing up Erica but I MISS HER SO MUCH. She makes any choreo look easy & she's always sexy but not in an in your face kind of way. And seeing her next to Jenna,there's just no way they would have picked Jenna over Erica for point.

• Love 5