Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Victoria is the hot pink top?  Who is the maroon top?

I believe Victoria is in the Maroon top.  Notice how she stands in front of the group for the pic.  Then she runs to the front of the group when they are dancing and looked like she was right in Kitty's face.  She is obnoxious!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Was it that they thought she was too muscular last year? Trying to remember. Her body does look great here. I hope she tries out again.

Yes, some of the judges thought she looked too muscular. 

2 hours ago, UnicornSparkles said:

I believe Victoria is in the Maroon top.  Notice how she stands in front of the group for the pic.  Then she runs to the front of the group when they are dancing and looked like she was right in Kitty's face.  She is obnoxious!

Yes Victoria is in the Maroon top and has bare feet.  The dark haired girl in the maroon top with white shoes is Taylor and she is 5'10".  The blonde  girl in the blue that made a mistake is Erin that made it to TC last year.   Victoria just can't stay in line with Taylor.  In the beginning of the video she looks so far up she could almost kiss the mirror.  Madeline that made it to TC is in the high neck black and white top.

The Victoria audition drama, and the show coverage of it, will be interesting indeed. I predict that she will make it into training camp (unless she bombs the interview, which is totally possible--not because she'll be among the top rookie candidates, but because she's a tall blonde and who she is, and enough judges will be all "let's give her a chance to develop in camp." In one of Kitty's pics posted above, Victoria is standing in front of the group and I just love the literal side eye that one of the ladies on the floor is giving her. I bet she gets lots of looks like that. Anyone have any guesses as to how much money Victoria (or her mama) has spent on prep classes this year? It's kind of a crazy amount for how much she still needs to improve. I saw Erin from TC last year in the video too, and I'm still not wowed by her looks or dance style. Madeline looks cute but she still lacks a certain power. Some of her moves look great but then there will be a few counts that she looks like she's marking it. 

I think that LSU Katelyn looks great in her pics that @LaurenBrook posted a link to. Her hair is the same color, but she has a much softer look with less intense makeup. She kind of looks like Cersten to me in some of her pics, in the face, I mean. I think she would kill it in training camp if she auditioned again. Lacey looks good, but her thighs are still so muscular. That wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but I'm still waiting for DCC to call with my auditions judge invitation.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have tried so hard to hold my tongue but this Victoria girl gets on my every nerve like finger nails on a chalkboard.  It's one thing to command a room as Kelli likes to say, but it's another to be beyond obnoxious.  This is one time I pray TPTB are reading this forum & see the comments.  I don't wish her ill but IMO, she is presently not even close to being DCC material.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

In the first pix it looks like Victoria's mom taking a pix with her phone.  Wonder if everyone's mom's would be allowed to come in and take pix.  

Victoria is dancing center front again and farther up front than anyone.  She looks  totally out of control.  She has crossed over the line from confident to cocky.  

She is NOT an American Sweetheart.....no way!!!!!

Victoria leaping in front of everyone (in record time at that!) to get right in Kitty’s face was beyond uncomfortable to watch. I couldn’t stand Tina Kalina when she was featured on the show, so it’s no surprise that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

• Love 8

I haven't watched that many prep videos and I've never viewed her social media, so perhaps that could explain it, but I don't get the huge annoyance with Victoria. I don't think her dancing meets the DCC standard, so I don't think she should make it based on what I have seen, but dancing in the front... what dancer doesn't like to be in the front where they have an unobstructed view of the mirror? I also kinda respect that she seems to be busting her ass to get better and make the team. Her efforts don't seem to be working lol, but she's definitely putting in the effort and doesn't appear to be relying on mom's legacy to make it in. Now, she may be shown to be huge attention-seeking brat on the show, so I reserve the right to change my opinion, but I personally haven't seen a reason to dislike her yet. 

• Love 2

Yes, Victoria is definitely full of herself!! If Dayton didn't make it to training camp and her mom works with Kelli, then I'm not sure why Victoria is considered to be

given a spot because her mom and Kelli are BF. I think Victoria is a good dancer, but she does not appear to be approachable or the girl next door. She seems to be

all about herself and not one to be a team player. Her mom taking pictures all the time is a tad obnoxious too. Not sure how my daughters would feel if I was doing that.

She needs to dance in college first.

• Love 2
(edited)

Looking at Victoria's comment below, I wonder if she has started working with this guy too. On his page it says his gig is "Specializing in hip and waist reduction." He seems to be effective, although some of the women on his page look dangerously thin, even if they are models.

On a side note, I find Victoria referring to Kitty Carter as "my Kitty Kat" to be a bit strange. Aside from the fact that it's a cutesy name for a woman who is the antithesis of adorable and cuddly, it seems a bit disrespectful to someone 40 years older. But I don't know them or their relationship. They must be very close.  

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

I kinda hope that Victoria does make it to training camp. Because once there, Judy will have a field day. I think it would be good for her to hear some constructive criticism! But i already feel sorry for the other girls if she does make TC and/or the team.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I kinda hope that Victoria does make it to training camp. Because once there, Judy will have a field day. I think it would be good for her to hear some constructive criticism! But i already feel sorry for the other girls if she does make TC and/or the team.

She could be the one who gets picked on/called into the office a lot.  If she would make TC I wonder if her mom, Tina would be making any guest appearances.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I haven't watched that many prep videos and I've never viewed her social media, so perhaps that could explain it, but I don't get the huge annoyance with Victoria. I don't think her dancing meets the DCC standard, so I don't think she should make it based on what I have seen, but dancing in the front... what dancer doesn't like to be in the front where they have an unobstructed view of the mirror? I also kinda respect that she seems to be busting her ass to get better and make the team. Her efforts don't seem to be working lol, but she's definitely putting in the effort and doesn't appear to be relying on mom's legacy to make it in. Now, she may be shown to be huge attention-seeking brat on the show, so I reserve the right to change my opinion, but I personally haven't seen a reason to dislike her yet. 

She is relying on her mom,because she can't dance at all. She's been prepping for two years, I think now would be a good time to give it up and maybe attend a college.

On 4/7/2018 at 4:42 AM, dccfan5678 said:

That is NOT Victoria, that's Erin. VK is in the light pink sports bra at the end of the front line. The camera doesn't pan to her until the end of the video. 

I actually go to prep classes. Victoria has always been nice to me. I'm a nobody. She has no reason to be kind, but she is. 

If she was only kind because she had a reason,then she wouldn't be actually kind. I don't doubt she is nice, but I'm not going to praise someone for being a decent human being.

I hope Lacey makes it to TC this time. And honestly, if Lacey and/or Katelyn don't make it and Victoria does, I'll burn down the Star.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Has anyone here made a list of all the hopefuls auditioning for the DCC this year?

Yes I have it :)

This is the current list I have! If I’ve missed anyone, please let me know so I can add them :)

Prospective:

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Bella @_bellabells (Twitter)

Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson

Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz

Megan Rose @meganr230

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Taylor @taytauss

Lindsey Waldron @lindseycwaldrop

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Angela Huang @angelalynnhuang

Danielle Marie @road2dance

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Kevelyn Jones @kevelynnnn (Private)

Kortni Price @kortniprice

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Bree @breejackai

Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Brennan Ashley @brennanashley

Erin Sauerhage @erin_margaret

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Shannon Elkins @shannonrachele

Dominique @black_beauty_1996

Christina Ostovich @christinaostovich

Hannah-Grace Abrigg @slayybrigg

Anyssa Surprenant @anyssa_surprenant

Kimber Westphall @kimber_westphall

Kelly Brice @_kells.bells_ (private)

Lacey Jean @laceyjean17

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

This is the current list I have! If I’ve missed anyone, please let me know so I can add them :)

Prospective:

Megan Rose @meganr230

Taylor @taytauss

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Bree @breejackai

Lacey Jean @laceyjean17

I wonder if retired dmd Emily is adudtiontiong ? I saw she was at a dcc prep class 

35 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Prospective:

Megan Rose @meganr230

Taylor @taytauss

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Bree @breejackai

Lacey Jean @laceyjean17

Thanks.  I see some girls from other teams plus new names. Is Brennan Ashley the former TCC who was cut twice? 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Thanks for taking the time to generate this list! :o)

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She's going for a 3rd time?

Definitely speculation. I saw someone post that she might be so I added her name so at least we could follow and see when auditions came!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Shannon 

Was she ever featured on MTT?  There 's a storyline. I vaguely remember on the 2005 show there was a girl who was trying for her 10th time or something like that.

9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Was she ever featured on MTT?  There 's a storyline. I vaguely remember on the 2005 show there was a girl who was trying for her 10th time or something like that.

Not sure but I hope she makes !!:) 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Not sure but I hope she makes !!:) 

I had to look up her IG and I've seen her before. She's currently a USA cheerleader. and also was a Ice Angels finalist in 2015. I'm sure she tried out for other teams as well.

11826046_937023126358826_501396527654482

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I had to look up her IG and I've seen her before. She's currently a USA cheerleader. and also was a Ice Angels finalist in 2015. I'm sure she tried out for other teams as well.

I think she’s pretty 

1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

She is auditioning!

I feel like this is one of the strongest auditions candidate I've seen on one of these social media videos since this thread started. She's both cute and pretty IMO, has some good power, and has a great figure. She should smile more while dancing, but I get that this was a kinda moody Britney piece she's working with here. She's one of the first newbies auditioning (someone I don't know has auditioned before) that I know I'll be rooting for. Thanks for posting the video!

• Love 11
On 4/6/2018 at 6:41 PM, EricaShadows said:

Of course, Victoria went for the front and center again.  At least she didn't step out in front of everyone else in her line, but there wasn't anyone actually in the front of the room watching them, not other girls, not the instructor, no one (at least that I noticed).  I think, if there had been people in the front of the room, or at least in front of the girls, Victoria would take that last step to move in front of everyone else.  That is, unless it was just that one video that she did it.  Has anyone notice her moving "ahead of" or in front of everyone else in her other videos or does she try to stay in the lines?

I can’t speak for the context of all of the videos, but most prep classes or masters classes make rows of dancers rotate so everyone can see the choreographer better or their form in the mirror. In auditions, a dancer would be stupid to not want to be as in front as possible, in a leotard or dance attire that makes you stand out in a positive way. In improv classes I’ve been in, you are taught to get audition judges’ attention right away with good technique and extra polish and don’t be a wallflower. So one of the two cases here might apply. 

Or a third: some people are all about the LOOK AT ME narcissism show ?. Your pick ?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I think Raylee is going to stay with the mavs 

I actually haven't seen her dancing all that much lately. Not sure if injured or what. Maybe she will retire..?

3 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I can’t speak for the context of all of the videos, but most prep classes or masters classes make rows of dancers rotate so everyone can see the choreographer better or their form in the mirror. In auditions, a dancer would be stupid to not want to be as in front as possible, in a leotard or dance attire that makes you stand out in a positive way. In improv classes I’ve been in, you are taught to get audition judges’ attention right away with good technique and extra polish and don’t be a wallflower. So one of the two cases here might apply. 

Or a third: some people are all about the LOOK AT ME narcissism show ?. Your pick ?

I'm going for the third option since Victoria hasn't been to any of this classes "dressed to impress" so to speak and, though she might be able to see her form (or the choreographer) better in a line, she doesn't really have the technique, the polish or the performance qualities (at least that I've seen) that the DCC are looking for.  Right now, the DCC should be looking for girls who are the total package (or can get there with a minimum of fuss and/or trouble) and will stay for a while in order to stabilize the situation they're currently in.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Anyone think Raylee, Allie, or Heather will audition again?

No.

14 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

If she tried out for Ice Angels, I'm pretty sure she auditioned for other teams before that..no shade.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

love her style! Same with the other girl I posted. She looks so tiny though! Is she super short or is it just the angle of the video???

She looks short, but doesn't look any shorter than Kalyssa IMO.

But she has the energy, ill definitely be rooting for her.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, bigskygirl said:

I doubt she would have a chance of making the team again with her certain modeling pictures floating around social media.

IMO I think she was let go in violation of the contract agreement. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

No.

If she tried out for Ice Angels, I'm pretty sure she auditioned for other teams before that..no shade.

She has tried out for most teams. I’ve been following her on instagram for a couple of years and she is  really sweet and humble. She took  some time off from auditioning to finish school I think and  is auditioning again this year.  I hope she does make a team this year!  I’d say she is a good dancer, maybe not spectacular, but some pro experience might help her. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

The sad thing is she might be on the USA cheerleaders because she couldn't make any other team. Just speculating.

Edited by MrsEVH