Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

Brennan.... poor Brennan.  I hate seeing her next to Lauren since everyone looks terrible compared to Lauren, who is obviously the cutest person to ever walk the earth. 

To each their own, I liked Brennan much better than Lauren in that video. From the little I saw of Savannah, it doesn't look like she's improved much.

• Love 2

I hope any TCC that has been cut recently and is still in good shape will try out.  This year will be the largest rookie class in all my years of watching....since the beginning.  Brennan would be crazy not to try out.  This has been a bizarre year for sure and the girls gave K&J lots of head aches....given the need for girls to become leaders....so they don’t have to micro manage.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Kelsey hasn't said for sure, but based on the lack of DCC posts on her insta I would be willing to bet she isn't coming back. There's been some speculation she won't be back due to traveling with Brody. 

I can't even talk about. :*(  Will always be one of my very fave DCCs! 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

I hope any TCC that has been cut recently and is still in good shape will try out.  This year will be the largest rookie class in all my years of watching....since the beginning.  Brennan would be crazy not to try out.  This has been a bizarre year for sure and the girls gave K&J lots of head aches....given the need for girls to become leaders....so they don’t have to micro manage.

Season 6 had 17 rookies, and Season 7 had 19 rookies, so unless a lot of vets do not try out again or three or more vets are cut at finals, I do not think this will be the year of the largest rookie class since the show started.

Savannah is always off in her dancing,makes mistakes and isn't very powerful-but Kelli loves her so she won't get cut. Christina has no stamina but they kept her the whole season so I'm not sure she will get cut. K&J don't like Keyra so she's out. I don't see any upper vets getting cut unless they come back with weight gain. These are my predictions at least!

Now I need to rewatch this last season...I thought Brennan was a no for them due to look, like something about her look/expression that she just can't change.  I was under the impression they were pretty final, like not a fit for you.  I may be confusing her with someone else.  My only worry with her is how she photographs.  I think live/video she is pretty and fresh and her figure is great.  

Torn on what they'll do with Savvy.  I think she is working really, really hard to improve but agree she doesn't punch it like the others and almost seems timid (which puts her behind them on counts).  I want her to be more confident!! She is beautiful and so professional/personable/mature...they need someone like her on the squad but no idea how they feel about her dancing this past year.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I can't even talk about. :*(  Will always be one of my very fave DCCs! 

I agree, she's one of my favs too. 

6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Savannah is always off in her dancing,makes mistakes and isn't very powerful-but Kelli loves her so she won't get cut. Christina has no stamina but they kept her the whole season so I'm not sure she will get cut. K&J don't like Keyra so she's out. I don't see any upper vets getting cut unless they come back with weight gain. These are my predictions at least!

Savannah also went on the USO tour. Even though it was different than past years they would not have taken her if they didn't like her at personal appearances which I think will be in her favor too.   I totally agree with you on Christina and Keyra. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Now I need to rewatch this last season...I thought Brennan was a no for them due to look, like something about her look/expression that she just can't change. 

Maybe they did and I just don't remember, but I do recall them harping on her lack of power.  Again, if I'm remembering correctly, I think K&J relayed to Brennan the judges' comments about her to show her that she had lots of power and confidence at auditions that she seemed to lose during TC...which I think is a shame, because I think if she was in a regular season game she would have gotten over those nerves of being scrutinized by K&J in TC.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Someone remind me when the vets have to let them know if they will or will not return. 

ShellyB can we have a hint--any hint.  ((Especially about Kelsey?))

February 14th was the date the girls had to tell Kelli and Judy if they want to try out again. If Brennan was struggling during TC in front of Kelli and Judy because she was nervous, I can only imagine how she would have felt at the football games because Kelli and Judy are watching the girls like a hawk at the games also. I do remember they will point out the girls who make mistakes while performing at the games also at practices.

34 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Kelli and Miss Kitty like Keyra. Judy did not care for her at all during TC. I do remember Kelli and Judy saying she did look thick at the cameo photo shoot. I think if Kelli did not like her she would not have made the squad.

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If Brennan was struggling during TC in front of Kelli and Judy because she was nervous, I can only imagine how she would have felt at the football games because Kelli and Judy are watching the girls like a hawk at the games also.

But you don't see them watching you like a hawk like you see it during TC.  It's a whole different dynamic which I totally get, having done stage performances myself.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

K&J don't like Keyra so she's out.

This is reality TV. There must always be a narrative.  MTT's formula is to have several comeback girls each season and to have three or four girls on the bubble towards the end of the season.  One of those girls is usually black.  Jackie Bob, Mia, Jasmine, Khalyn, and Keyra were all presented as bubble girls.  Maybe with the exception of Jasmine this was all storytelling.

Kellie gave Keyra the firecracker name and every guest choreographer and Kitty had something nice to say about her.   With the number of hours of video they have, they can edit anyone into looking great, stupid, self-centered, or the life of the party.

I understand that most of this is deemed necessary for the show.  However, I understand how it works.  You pick a narrative and find supporting video. That's why all the ladies seemed canned and/or fake.  This show is at least partially scripted and they go back and reshoot things, etc.

I think that's why we saw so much of Keyra and Kashara last season.   IMO they both excel at the talking parts.  Meaning, they say something interesting, and it seems spontaneous, even if it's not.  I think that is why some girls are featured more and other better dancers are not.  I also think it can keep you on the team.

This has been a long way of saying, I don't believe any of the narratives that the show presents.  I judge performance off of the videos and photos I ACTUALLY SEE.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I judge performance off of the videos and photos I ACTUALLY SEE.

Which is why I'm suspicious of the "Christina has no stamina" story they're trying to sell.  I never saw it, and I doubt that someone who can teach a spin class doesn't have the stamina to dance.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But you don't see them watching you like a hawk like you see it during TC.  It's a whole different dynamic which I totally get, having done stage performances myself.

True, but I do remember a former DCC saying Kelli and Judy are watching the girls at performances, and they would call them out at the next practice for mistakes. The thought of knowing Kelli and Judy are watching you or are getting reports from your group leader and assistant group leaders still could make a girl nervous enough to make mistakes on the field..

They did show Keyra with bad facial expressions and not dancing well at times. Yes, I think it was for drama, but the fact remains if Kelli did not like her so much, plus looking thick in the behind and thighs, she probably would not have made the team.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

True, but I do remember a former DCC saying Kelli and Judy are watching the girls at performances, and they would call them out at the next practice for mistakes. The thought of knowing Kelli and Judy are watching you or are getting reports from your group leader and assistant group leaders still could make a girl nervous enough to make mistakes on the field..

What I don't get is, if I were her I'd be a lot more nervous at auditions than at TC, but Brennan didn't seem to have confidence issues until she got to TC.

Edited by ByTor
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Which is why I'm suspicious of the "Christina has no stamina" story they're trying to sell.  I never saw it, and I doubt that someone who can teach a spin class doesn't have the stamina to dance.

Agreed.  I've never seen her look bad.

Another falsehood rejected.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Agreed.  I've never seen her look bad.

Another falsehood rejected.

I remembered when Sunni was cut in Season 3. She said she was emotionally exhausted. I think these girls can become emotionally exhausted during TC. Christina may have been emotionally exhausted to the point it was affected her performance during practice. Girls will make mistakes more than once during TC. It is the way they handle being called out can make the difference of making the team. Of course other factors play a part in it too.

Edited by bigskygirl
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Christina may have been emotionally exhausted to the point it was affected her performance during practice

I can definitely believe that.

• Love 3

I also remembered reading or hearing someplace where the girls have to perform a dance during practice more than once when CMT is filming during TC. Kelli also said the practices are longer on the nights CMT is filming along with certain girls being interviews and girls being called into the office. I cannot imagine having to do one dance more than once, kick line more than once during one night along with a longer night because CMT is there filming. I really wonder if it is worth it to become a DCC. So wonder less girls are trying out for the team.

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Christina has no stamina but they kept her the whole season so I'm not sure she will get cut. 

Even with the whole stamina debate (I seem to recall during one office visit, Christina said she would sometimes hold her breath/forget to breath which was her excuse for seeming tired/exhausted), just because she lasted the whole season doesn't mean she'll actually make Training Camp again.  In all but one season of the show, we've seen girls who were "kept" for the whole season get cut at Finals for whatever reason.  If she makes it back, I think it will mainly because Kelli and Judy need someone more mature and steady to "set a good example" for the rest of the team, not because of her dancing or her performance on the field.  From what I remember seeing and hearing about Christina, she had flexibility issues (still) during Training Camp, the issue with her appearing exhausted (issues with remembering to breath?), some issues with timing/power/memory during Training Camp, and a few other things that came up during actual football season (not the show season) that I can't remember now.

Savannah seems to have memory and/or power issues, though she has a look that isn't on the team right now and seems to be personable as there have been reports she does well on the personal appearances which is more than likely going to keep her on the squad unless she either makes a huge mistake somewhere in the process or gets outperformed to such a degree that they have no other choice but to cut her.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if they do cut her because Alyssa Torres seemed to have all of those good qualities yet didn't have the performance issues and was still cut in Finals.

Keyra might not have the body that Kelli and Judy prefer for the uniform (neither did Allie) but she does have power, performance and style (given that Judy and most every guest choreographer we saw said something nice about her) while Allie was a solid dancer, but that was about it.  They might be on the fence about Keyra and it may be down to how she performs at Finals as well as everyone else to determine if she'll make it back on the squad.

• Love 3

Keyra may be cut for size because she does look bigger than she did when she made the squad. She reminds me of Stephanie H. in Season 5. Bigger than most of the girls, but she made it even with her weight issues. The reason why Keyra made the team was the fact Kelli liked her so much. If Kelli did not care for her at all, she probably would have been cut for being thicker in her behind and thighs.

Alyssa was cut for weight and having a bad interview. I think she would have made it back for another year if she did not struggle with her weight.

I will be SO sad if Lacey retires! I just love watching her dance. She kills it every time and always with a gorgeous smile that shows how much fun she's having. Also, I agree with others that there's a strong possibility that the team will be short on experienced vets and mature leadership and Lacey could be a valuable stabilizing presence for the team. I also love her in the triangle with KaShara and Cersten (like at the Hall of Fame game) and think that would be a solid triangle foundation for the next season. As for the other 3-year vets, I also would be disappointed if Robin retires (I want to see her as a group leader!). I never really cared much for Amy L one way or another. She's a great dancer and it seems like the team loves her, but I don't love her look and she's so thin that I find it unattractive and sometimes even uncomfortable to look at. I do, however, love her sassy haircut. 

Thanks to those who have been posting prep class videos! While I've seen a few good dancers and pretty girls (none of them Victoria, BTW), I admit that I can't get thru nearly half of the videos, either because the dancing is sloppy and painful to watch or because I dislike the music or choreography. I have to laugh at myself a little when I find Judy-isms running through my head--like, oh, so clunky... But it's nice to get a glimpse of who might be auditioning! I know I'm repeating myself, but I really, really want the LSU Tiger Girl/Golden Girl (Katelyn??) to audition again. I think she would be an excellent DCC, in terms of dancing and performance quality, as an ambassador/spokeswoman, and as a team member. She just needs to lighten her hair a little bit, maybe a shaping trim, and soften her makeup. I thought she was really pretty in some of the LSU pics they showed and in her interview during her bio piece on the show, and she nailed the dancing. Let the DCC glam squad do its thing to soften her look and play up the sex appeal and I think she could be a fan favorite! With so many anticipated retirees, this is a good year to try out again. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 5

I have no idea, @ByTor, just taking it as a possibility based on the reports of podcast comments. I won't believe it til my girl announces her retirement--which hopefully won't be til a year from now or more. She's very young and clearly become a K & J favorite (rightfully so, IMO), so I think it's a good chance she's staying. ??????

• Love 1
4 hours ago, hypeman said:

This has been a long way of saying, I don't believe any of the narratives that the show presents.  I judge performance off of the videos and photos I ACTUALLY SEE.

This! I think this is also why I'm not as swayed by the "she's so mature," and "she's a great ambassador," arguments for girls who aren't great dancers. One, how do I really know how any of these people act on a day-to-day basis. Two, at the end of the day, it's a dance team. That's what I care about the most, and if I had to cut someone, it would be Savannah. I don't think I've seen her in one dance where she stood out in a good way. I typically either don't notice her or thinks she chasing the counts. She is definitely beautiful and speaks well, but again, it's a dance team, and she's doesn't seem to have the power for the DCC style.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

I will be SO sad if Lacey retires! I just love watching her dance. She kills it every time and always with a gorgeous smile that shows how much fun she's having. Also, I agree with others that there's a strong possibility that the team will be short on experienced vets and mature leadership and Lacey could be a valuable stabilizing presence for the team. I also love her in the triangle with KaShara and Cersten (like at the Hall of Fame game) and think that would be a solid triangle foundation for the next season. As for the other 3-year vets, I also would be disappointed if Robin retires (I want to see her as a group leader!). I never really cared much for Amy L one way or another. She's a great dancer and it seems like the team loves her, but I don't love her look and she's so thin that I find it unattractive and sometimes even uncomfortable to look at. I do, however, love her sassy haircut. 

Thanks to those who have been posting prep class videos! While I've seen a few good dancers and pretty girls (none of them Victoria, BTW), I admit that I can't get thru nearly half of the videos, either because the dancing is sloppy and painful to watch or because I dislike the music or choreography. I have to laugh at myself a little when I find Judy-isms running through my head--like, oh, so clunky... But it's nice to get a glimpse of who might be auditioning! I know I'm repeating myself, but I really, really want the LSU Tiger Girl/Golden Girl (Katelyn??) to audition again. I think she would be an excellent DCC, in terms of dancing and performance quality, as an ambassador/spokeswoman, and as a team member. She just needs to lighten her hair a little bit, maybe a shaping trim, and soften her makeup. I thought she was really pretty in some of the LSU pics they showed and in her interview during her bio piece on the show, and she nailed the dancing. Let the DCC glam squad do its thing to soften her look and play up the sex appeal and I think she could be a fan favorite! With so many anticipated retirees, this is a good year to try out again. 

I totally agree!   

The judges didn't like Jinelle's initial look, but look at her now!  I think she's very pretty!

Jinelle's 1st audition 1.jpg

jinelle_aud-2013_257.jpg

Jinelle pretty 1.jpg

• Love 6
22 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I like Brennan. She dances sexy and like a woman! Randi from AAIA is pretty but I hate her hair. It looks like a mullet. I think I recognised Minerva at the back with the short hair. Another one that shouldn't have cut her hair! And is it my imagination but is there a couple of spurs dancers there too? The short dark haired girls??

You are right, I think that is Minerva the former spurs dancer.  I saw a video of her at a prep class at the Star a couple of months ago.  I have heard she is really wild.  Don't know how that will go over with Kelli after all the trouble they had with girls last year.  She has tried out for DCC twice so if she tries  out this year it will be her third time.  Who are the other two spurs dancers?  

59 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

You are right, I think that is Minerva the former spurs dancer.  I saw a video of her at a prep class at the Star a couple of months ago.  I have heard she is really wild.  Don't know how that will go over with Kelli after all the trouble they had with girls last year.  She has tried out for DCC twice so if she tries  out this year it will be her third time.  Who are the other two spurs dancers?  

The only one I recognize is Katelyn...

17 hours ago, ByTor said:

Please don't tell me the rumor mill says Lacey is leaving!  She is by far my favorite :'(

Last I heard she was planning to reaudition...but that WAS before they had to give their response on whether they were coming back so it's possible something changed.  i really hope she does another year! 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Last I heard she was planning to reaudition...but that WAS before they had to give their response on whether they were coming back so it's possible something changed.  i really hope she does another year! 

@laurenbrook

Do you know who is and is not planning to reaudition? :)   :D

2 hours ago, iwtv123 said:

@laurenbrook

Do you know who is and is not planning to reaudition? :)   :D

i am always scared to say anything because people HAVE changed their mind in the past (Angela for one) after saying they weren't coming back.  So in my opinion, nothing is in stone until auditions start.  Especially this year with the swimsuit shoot being after the auditions instead of before.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

i am always scared to say anything because people HAVE changed their mind in the past (Angela for one) after saying they weren't coming back.  So in my opinion, nothing is in stone until auditions start.  Especially this year with the swimsuit shoot being after the auditions instead of before.  

The only one I can confirm is 2nd yr vet Kelli. I asked her on Twitter and she said she's planning to re- audition again.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

The only one I can confirm is 2nd yr vet Kelli. I asked her on Twitter and she said she's planning to re- audition again.

Yes and the only one that confirmed they aren’t is Maggie and Jenna 

On 3/12/2018 at 11:21 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Someone remind me when the vets have to let them know if they will or will not return. 

ShellyB can we have a hint--any hint.  ((Especially about Kelsey?))

They’ve already turned in their responses to K & J. Out of respect for those retiring, it is only fair to let them make the announcement in their own time. 

• Love 13
23 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I added this chick to IG a few weeks ago, and here is no possible way she’s getting on this team. I doubt she’s even actually trying out, she auditioned for something in LA last week and was probably in training for that. She’s way too out there for K, J and especially C to consider.

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

I added this chick to IG a few weeks ago, and here is no possible way she’s getting on this team. I doubt she’s even actually trying out, she auditioned for something in LA last week and was probably luntraining for that. She’s way too out there for K, J and especially C to considers 

In her January 5th  video post she says  "#dcc2018" and she says 4 months till show time which would be May auditions.  So it looks like she will be trying out.  She tried out the last 2 years.  I agree with you that she is way too out there especially for C.  Wonder how they check out their backgrounds.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

:)

completely understand! I don't want your head getting chewed off... :D

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Tess also said swimsuit fittings will be May 1st.

Wow! Four days before tryouts start. I think Amy said the End of Year Banquet was going to be around the last week of April in last week's podcast. Going to be interesting to see who is not going to try out again and who may be cut/

We've been talking a lot about who may/may not be on the bubble, but nobody has mentioned Jessika.  Unless her solo this year is better than last year's & took care of the weight gain she had during the season, I think she's at risk.

• Love 6

So glad Tess is trying out again!! I think she is so beautiful and doesn't seem to be about the 'fame', just a good teammate and performer. 

I admit I ALWAYS forget about Jessika :-/  

Edited by LaurenBrook
wrote Bess and meant TESS
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

After all her injuries, I'm really surprised to hear this.

OH CRAP, i meant Tess! hahahahahaha! i totally knew Tess in my mind too and wrote wrong thing. i actually am one of few people who can tell them apart LOL 

I do also love Bess, but i can't imagine her coming back either. 

• Love 2