Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

SheTalksShit
  • Start Topic

Dammit, I was right. Stephanie—the one who was actually at risk after Demone’s bedroom confessions—literally finished her time on the show by proclaiming herself “the best inmate.” Only the reactions to her at reunion (Halleloo, I really didn’t think they’d dare have one, and I am embarrassingly excited) are giving me the will to live, and it better not be editing jacking with my emotions and that it’s actually someone else the host says 

Spoiler

comes across as a sociopath

because I need her to be read nearly as hard as Angele.

Speaking of editing, I realize the literal words may have easily been cut out, but everything about her interactions with the Colonel and the (Asst Colonel?) and even the later production interviewers suggest that, if they were ever said, it wasn’t a misrepresentation not to show them: Demone is the (allegedly) sole reason why an entire tv show got shut down (yes, we’ve discussed, and I agree, that that’s not really the case, as she should have been stopped long before she was in the position to take that action, but, from her perspective, if she doesn’t even regret her actions due to a Machiavellian reasoning, she sure isn’t thinking that someone should have stepped  in to prevent them), and girlfriend never even says she’s sorry for the RESULTS overall? Like, I still think she screwed up royally, but I can see how it could happen.

What I CAN’T see is how, after being removed from the situation and given even a few days of distance and perspective out of the intensity of the immersion, and then realizing the magnitude of the consequences of my actions, I wouldn’t just be saying “I’m sorry” every other sentence but possibly curled up in a fetal position, definitely crying almost uncontrollably, and only stopping apologizing because I was hyperventilating from crying so much. Sadly, I know that her response garners a far better reaction from most people than (even a much more contolled version of) a truly contrite but emotional one like mine would be.

I feel cheated that we didn’t get to see the rest of the fauxmates’ responses to the reason for their early release (especially because Alan’s was AMAZING; maybe that’s why and the rest were anticlimactic).

When is someone gonna tell I’m In Public Health Bougcci that even the Westboro Church has probably known for 25 years that you dont get HIV, let alone AIDS, from dried, days old bodily fluids? His point, that it’s a) just gross, and b) a potential health risk is totally valid, but he undercuts his own argument and especially his alleged expertise, with that argument: the most basic OSHA or first aid training is going to teach you that you treat all bodily fluids with the assumption that they could be carriers of (whatever they could put you at risk for) and old dried stuff is NOT a vector for HIV (you can’t catch AIDS, period, did he travel here from 1985?), but it IS for hepatitis, which would be a concern to me in a jail where everyone is moving around drugs from orifice to orifice anyway and would have been far more educational for Public Health Boughie to address. I’m glad he realized he’s not so gangsta, but now he needs to realize he’s also not so book smart. Poor Boughie, entered jail thinking he was so well-versed in two “worlds” and comes out showing he lacks fundamentals in any. 

Was this the first time we got acknowledgement that Alan and Andrew were aware of Nate’s participation/he of theirs?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, methadonna said:

Dammit, I was right. Stephanie—the one who was actually at risk after Demone’s bedroom confessions—literally finished her time on the show by proclaiming herself “the best inmate.” Only the reactions to her at reunion (Halleloo, I really didn’t think they’d dare have one, and I am embarrassingly excited) are giving me the will to live, and it better not be editing jacking with my emotions and that it’s actually someone else the host says 

Reveal hidden contents

comes across as a sociopath

because I need her to be read nearly as hard as Angele.

Speaking of editing, I realize the literal words may have easily been cut out, but everything about her interactions with the Colonel and the (Asst Colonel?) and even the later production interviewers suggest that, if they were ever said, it wasn’t a misrepresentation not to show them: Demone is the (allegedly) sole reason why an entire tv show got shut down (yes, we’ve discussed, and I agree, that that’s not really the case, as she should have been stopped long before she was in the position to take that action, but, from her perspective, if she doesn’t even regret her actions due to a Machiavellian reasoning, she sure isn’t thinking that someone should have stepped  in to prevent them), and girlfriend never even says she’s sorry for the RESULTS overall? Like, I still think she screwed up royally, but I can see how it could happen.

What I CAN’T see is how, after being removed from the situation and given even a few days of distance and perspective out of the intensity of the immersion, and then realizing the magnitude of the consequences of my actions, I wouldn’t just be saying “I’m sorry” every other sentence but possibly curled up in a fetal position, definitely crying almost uncontrollably, and only stopping apologizing because I was hyperventilating from crying so much. Sadly, I know that her response garners a far better reaction from most people than (even a much more contolled version of) a truly contrite but emotional one like mine would be.

I feel cheated that we didn’t get to see the rest of the fauxmates’ responses to the reason for their early release (especially because Alan’s was AMAZING; maybe that’s why and the rest were anticlimactic).

When is someone gonna tell I’m In Public Health Bougcci that even the Westboro Church has probably known for 25 years that you dont get HIV, let alone AIDS, from dried, days old bodily fluids? His point, that it’s a) just gross, and b) a potential health risk is totally valid, but he undercuts his own argument and especially his alleged expertise, with that argument: the most basic OSHA or first aid training is going to teach you that you treat all bodily fluids with the assumption that they could be carriers of (whatever they could put you at risk for) and old dried stuff is NOT a vector for HIV (you can’t catch AIDS, period, did he travel here from 1985?), but it IS for hepatitis, which would be a concern to me in a jail where everyone is moving around drugs from orifice to orifice anyway and would have been far more educational for Public Health Boughie to address. I’m glad he realized he’s not so gangsta, but now he needs to realize he’s also not so book smart. Poor Boughie, entered jail thinking he was so well-versed in two “worlds” and comes out showing he lacks fundamentals in any. 

Was this the first time we got acknowledgement that Alan and Andrew were aware of Nate’s participation/he of theirs?

Alan's was amazing - I agree! 

Stephanie: "I wasn't afraid of the Whippits because I used to be a pharmacy technician." I want to Whip her ass into outer space because she is out of this world stupid. She knew the RX, dose, side effects and counter interactions of every pill that was in every Whippit? Make it stop!

I hope we get to see the rest of the fauxmates' initial reactions next week. No way did Iron Man Nate NOT ask "so WTF happened with pulling the two white guys and me within 24 hours of each other?" before he left his debrief with the colonel.

I noticed the way people were seated for next week's show. Public Health Dude, Survivor Stephanie, Andrew & his dad were on one side. Maybe they get called out for being whackadoos (and Matt wouldn't let Andrew sit anywhere else "for fear of his safety")?

I was shocked to see that Angele was sitting with the normal ones (who probably all want to throw her ass back into jail for real!).

Am I the only one who was honestly a wee bit sad that Desmond lost his BFF? Also, I know Nate's fiance was probably in a state of shock to see him arrive home early, but she wasn't as excited (as I would have been to have him walk into my home!) as I thought she'd be. Maybe she was used to being on her own for almost four months or it was the shock -  not judging, just wondering if anyone else thought it too.

I didn't think Survivor Stephanie could BE any uglier, but that septum ring + braces + hideous taupe colored pant suit is not a good look on anyone.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 8
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, gunderda said:

Angel reminds me of your typical 20 year old (she's in her early-mid 20s right?)  They always think they're right.  They never regret what they do and they think they're above it all. You just effed up the whole program and you don't regret anything?? You just fell in love with a drug addict and you still don't regret anything??? Makes me wonder what kind of people she hangs out with in real life.  

Totally random but I wonder why the guys' pods don't make whip-its.  Do they not get as many prescribed drugs or are they just able to get in regular drugs easier than the women?

IDK maybe they keep their stuff to themselves or that sweet stuff is more of a 'girl' thing ?

Omg. Stephanie, you never disappoint! I'm so relieved that all of my pity for her is back to being non-existent. Of course she knew the exact dosage and mix of whatever pills were in her pink goo! 

I wish the reunion show was aired last night. I can't wait for next week!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Squirrely said:

Omg. Stephanie, you never disappoint! I'm so relieved that all of my pity for her is back to being non-existent. Of course she knew the exact dosage and mix of whatever pills were in her pink goo! 

I wish the reunion show was aired last night. I can't wait for next week!

Actually, when the shit hit the fan, I was actually enjoying seeing her squirm. Because, she deserved anything that may have come down on her because of what she did to Jacquie. She created that situation and did not care one whit that she put another person in danger.  So when everything came down with Angele, my response with regard to Stephanie was Karma is a bitch!

Solidad O’Brien is the anchor for that show next week. She was on Austin television when I lived in Austin and I’ve always liked her. So she will be really good at moderating what goes on in that sit down. I’m with you, I can’t wait till next week.

• Love 8

Did anyone notice, when Gabrielle called her mother to try to get Angele on a three-way call, she lied to her about Angele’s role in her life.   She led her mother to believe Angele was a person who is  helping her with her recovery and job prospects when she got out. Typical addict. If their mouth is moving, they are lying.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, Kid said:

Did anyone notice, when Gabrielle called her mother to try to get Angele on a three-way call, she lied to her about Angele’s role in her life.   She led her mother to believe Angele was a person who is  helping her with her recovery and job prospects when she got out. Typical addict. If their mouth is moving, they are lying.

Yea that was super interesting.  Why not say it's a friend I met in here?  And then she also said "She left while I was gone"  gone where?? Like to me it even seemed like she was trying to skirt around that she was even in jail to her mom, but from the phone call her mom would know that's where she was, right???

10 hours ago, methadonna said:

agreed. I wanted to see all of their reactions.  Especially Nate's. 

9 hours ago, Bridget said:

Am I the only one who was honestly a wee bit sad that Desmond lost his BFF? Also, I know Nate's fiance was probably in a state of shock to see him arrive home early, but she wasn't as excited (as I would have been to have him walk into my home!) as I thought she'd be. Maybe she was used to being on her own for almost four months or it was the shock -  not judging, just wondering if anyone else thought it too.

Because it wasn't complete shock.  she obviously knew he was coming home.  He would have called her the moment he got his phone, which is a minimum a day before they head home. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, gunderda said:

Yea that was super interesting.  Why not say it's a friend I met in here?  And then she also said "She left while I was gone"  gone where?? Like to me it even seemed like she was trying to skirt around that she was even in jail to her mom, but from the phone call her mom would know that's where she was, right???

agreed. I wanted to see all of their reactions.  Especially Nate's. 

Because it wasn't complete shock.  she obviously knew he was coming home.  He would have called her the moment he got his phone, which is a minimum a day before they head home. 

I think she meant while she wasn’t in the pod, not that she was trying to decieve her mom as to whether or not she was in jail. But I also noticed how quickly and easily she lied. Either she did it out of habit, or she figured the only person her mom would help her contact is someone who is going to help her get clean and/or a job. 

I also wanted to see everyone’s reactions, especially Nate’s. I think my biggest concern for these people are if/when some of these inmates get out. It’ll be easy to figure out who the participants actually are and go after them. 

I at first thought the same about Nate’s girlfriend, but quickly realized she knew he was coming. I think she’s just nervous/ackward in front of a camera. 

When was Emmanuel made?  Was that the first time it was mentioned they thought he was a snitch?

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

I think my biggest concern for these people are if/when some of these inmates get out. It’Lil be easy to figure out who the participants actually are and go after them. 

Exactly!!! After last night I was even kinda worried about the jail employees being snitched on.  Most of the negative comments were about how the staff handled situations and how they weren't doing their jobs.  They aren't going to think too kindly of the participants either.

I hope we learn if Nate has been in contact with Desmond since he's been out. 

• Love 5

I would love to ask these producers, "Where Did You Find These People?" especially the women.  When Jaclin first came into the jail, she was a mess; she couldn't deal with being separated from her daughter, and since her first child died, I get that.  I don't think anybody with young children should even be on this show.  I realize that people who have young children go to jail, but they don't have a choice, these people do.  Stephanie was a loon, I don't know what show she thought she was on.  And Angele....damn I don't get how she made the cut to go onto this show.  She needs some serious therapy.  She must come from a place where she's never truly felt love and she acted like she'd never been loved by anybody until she came into the jail.  Sad.

• Love 8

I guess I’m kind of answering my own question, with: “Ya gotta get a gimmick,” but didnt the far superior and sorely missed  Lock Up spend a decade or two showing how shockingly willing inmates are  to be honest about EVERYTHING, on film, when someone (particularly a skilled interviewer ... I have a little crush on the head woman when you got to hear her doing her thing on the Raw episodes) breaks up the monotony and gives them attention?

And I’ll also answer my own question with the thought that maybe putting “innocent” people in jail was supposed to give us protagonists for whom to root for, without moral conflict (as well as create inherent narrative conflict via the [expected] “fish out of water” scenario they tried to create). Too bad I’d root for even a convicted felon of a terrible crime over most of the putzes they cast this season. And too bad most of the fish took to jail like a repeat offender or Russell Habtz (or Dr. Mike) on Survivor.

In other words, for as much hand wringing there is over the danger Angele put everyone in, and the internal conflict those who have a moral compass have suffered over building relationships with people that were built on a foundation of lies, NONE OF IT WAS NECESSARY. The inmates wouldn’t have acted any differently (as I mentioned, maybe everyone else realized this and I’m just an idiot, ‘cause obvs they’re not miked, but they have a full camera crew with them when they’re filming anything that has decent sound and video. Like in the pod. The crew was literally tripping over each other to get out of the way when Angele went to beat down that other inmate, which means they were present for the parties as well: they easily could have found enough inmates who’d spill on camera, and they’d actually know what they were talking about.

As it is, they should have enough footage from all the real inmates whom they interviewed as decoys to make a parallel series, and I would  love it a lot. (I have a weakness for prison shows and miss Lock Up soooo much, I was willing to watch this and Rookies. I fear what Ill settle for becoming obsessed with next.

• Love 2

The depiction of Fulton county jail has been super real these last 2 seasons. BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

What is funny is that you think these "participants"  were real. they were obviously there for 5 days max. 

3 hours ago, ozzy said:

The depiction of Fulton county jail has been super real these last 2 seasons. BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

What is funny is that you think these "participants"  were real. they were obviously there for 5 days max. 

How do you figure they were there only "5 days max"?

3 hours ago, ozzy said:

The facial hair growth on some of the guys says otherwise, as well as the nails. Not sure why you think they were there for only 5 Days. 

• Love 2

I can't wait for the reunion.  I think Soledad O'Brian is going to do a great job.

ETA:  I saw a few clips of the reunion and...(putting behind spoiler tag)

Spoiler

Jaclin goes off on Stephanie, which, to me, was foolish.  Stephanie is doing the Omarosa playbook, which is "it doesn't matter if people hate you, as long as they're talking about you."  To me, Stephanie doesn't deserve the attention and Jaclin should have froze her out.  I know people here want Stephanie to "be called out" which I think it stupid because all being called out does, is bring more attention to someone and gets them more Twitter followers (i.e. Omarosa).  Do you really think that "calling someone out" does anything?  Do you think it makes a difference?  IMO they shouldn't even have invited Stephanie to the reunion, let her stew on that.

Soledad tells Stephanie that she comes off like a sociopath, which to me was great, because Stephanie just grinned at that, see, she's getting more attention.

Soledad tells Angele that she's VERY naive; also Angele got into it with Alan, she said something like, "well you're law enforcement."  WTF?  

I think they all go off on Angele, which, once again, will no nada, unless Gabby told Angele she's no longer in love with her.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
On 16/03/2018 at 10:50 AM, gunderda said:

lso, I know Nate's fiance was probably in a state of shock to see him arrive home early, but she wasn't as excited (as I would have been to have him walk into my home!) as I thought she'd be.

When I saw it it looked to me like this was about the 5th take of Nate walking in the door.  Girlfriend was tired of "acting surprised"

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Number6withCheese said:

I remember a show on A&E called rookie something.They should do 60 days in as a undercover correctional officer! What's going on? Hmmm

Only if the blonde guy who was in charge of screening and training the COs gets to be in every episode! No more losers who tap out after working one day on the job!

Maybe he can also evaluate them at some point during each episode?

The Rookie show on A&E let me down too. I couldn’t believe how few COs there were in certain areas of the facility. Ariel was irritating because of her squeaky voice and some of the others quit after only a few weeks, which blew me away. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Bridget said:

The Rookie show on A&E let me down too. I couldn’t believe how few COs there were in certain areas of the facility. Ariel was irritating because of her squeaky voice and some of the others quit after only a few weeks, which blew me away. 

You're talking about "Behind Bars:  Rookie Year." May I ask why it let you down?  I thought it was a lot more real than 60 Days In.  I didn't like Ariel's voice either but I appreciated her wanting to stay.  Maybe the reason there were so few CO's in some areas of the facility was because so many of them quit.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

You're talking about "Behind Bars:  Rookie Year." May I ask why it let you down?  I thought it was a lot more real than 60 Days In.  I didn't like Ariel's voice either but I appreciated her wanting to stay.  Maybe the reason there were so few CO's in some areas of the facility was because so many of them quit.  

So glad I wasn't the only one who watched!

Maybe "let down" was harsh in describing the show. (I'm recovering from surgery, so the pain meds & insomnia get to me some days!)

When it ended, I felt like it came to an abrupt end and I had so many questions! It felt more along the line of "that's it?" No reunion show, no follow ups with the COs who stayed, the ones who quit or lost their jobs (remember the kid who left the gate ooen?!?!) and not even a 2nd season to see the show, along with the program, training and guards make any growth at all. I'd have liked to see how certain rookies progressed, including Ariel, as well as the young guy who came from a family of COs and the guy who had good intentions (dark hair, very well built) but got into trouble with his boss  because he said/did something wrong when interacting with the inmates. 

I do think seeing such a high employee turnover was a huge part of me not loving the show. I couldn't believe that "adults" spent X amount of time training and preparing for a job, only to kick rocks when it got tough. I wonder if they have a Psych evaluation system before admitting rookies into the academy? There's a mental toughness in many occupations when one has to suck up the bad stuff and remember why they opted to venture into that particular line of work. 

It blew my mind that the facility didn't seem to have a back up plan (call in the National Guard or something!) to keep everyone safe.  I kept waiting for someone in the open dorm to attack or injure one of the two COs. At the time, I also had a bunch of rowdy students who (God forgive me) reminded me of the inmates in the day room: non-stop talking, disrespectful no matter the circumstances, but I was counting down the days until they were gone! It just didn't capture my attention the way "60 Days In" did.

• Love 1

The show was on for two seasons, and I thought the lack of a reunion made it feel more real.

I think the governor has to call out the national guard.  Would they call them to do the work of corrections officers, not sure.

@Bridget,  I'm recovering from surgery and am also doped up.  I guess the pain medicine affects you the same as it does me, it doesn't make me sleepy it wires me up and I can't sleep.  This was my 8th surgery and was minor compared to my others. I hope you're feeling better soon!! ?

4 hours ago, Maharincess said:

@Bridget,  I'm recovering from surgery and am also doped up.  I guess the pain medicine affects you the same as it does me, it doesn't make me sleepy it wires me up and I can't sleep.  This was my 8th surgery and was minor compared to my others. I hope you're feeling better soon!! ?

Aww thanks! It’s nice to know I’m having a normal reaction because I’d never had surgery before. Every part of the post-op stuff is brand new to me, including the whole “inability to sleep” thing, which my already-an-insomniac self doesn’t want.

Sending a speedy recovery (and some regular sleeping hours!) right back at you! 

• Love 1

No one watched the reunion last night?  It was interesting.  I think Soledad realized Stephanie was a loon and wanted the cameras on her, so she kind of froze her out.  Stephanie probably thought she looked good with those contacts, but they made her look more like a loon to me.

• Love 9

I think I missed the last two episodes.  I am not sure why I didn’t Season pass this show being that I enjoyed it but I did tape the reunion.  I did catch a couple minutes of it and am surprised a couple people did show up and checked out twitter.    My guess is that is that everyone was required to make an appearance to not break contract.   Twitter paints Alan as a racist but from what I have seen of him he might have misspoken a bit but he was able to maintain good relations with  the gang population.  I don’t think he was or is a racist.  Anyway i will have more when I watch the rest of the episode.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4

I thought it was a pretty good reunion show.  Stephanie took a lot of hits.  None of them had seen the show yet and it was fun when they showed everyone the clips of Stephanie gleefully shoving Jaclin in front of the bus compared to Jac's trembling little bottom lip announcement that she had Steph's back.  LOL

Jaclin really didn't need to go all gangster/caveman--everyone tsk-tsking and Soledad O'Brien calling Stephanie a "sociopath" were enough to make her start her backpedal.

I liked Andrew saying he'd survived going to jail so now he could probably work up the nerve to ask a girl out.  I really liked that the Texas cop had quit his job because he could no longer bring himself to help incarcerate someone for smoking a joint.

Matt was certainly embarrassed about peeing in that cup!  Dude, it was gross.  Stop talking about it and let people forget it ever happened.

I'm going to give Angele credit for sitting there and taking the punches.  I was amused when she said she couldn't get her true love for Gabrielle out of her mind . . . while on her dates with other women.

• Love 7

I really liked it and as I suspected, Solidad O’Brian delivered the punches in a respectful way and they got right to the heart of the matter.

I found it very interesting the empathy that Angele showed toward Jaclin when Jacqlin was discussing her daughter that had died and how guilty she still felt.   That really endeared me to Angele and showed me how vulnerable she is. She walks around with a chip on her shoulder and she doesn’t make good decisions but, she is young and she is hurting. Unfortunately, her childhood was probably rough and that doesn’t set one up for an adulthood which is not also dysfunctional.  I thought she got carried away in jail because she found acceptance and, in some ways hero worship. Unfortunately, her actions effected other people in a very profound way and they were lucky they did not get hurt.

There is no redeeming value in Stephanie however. I didn’t believe that apology for a minute.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 9

I watched and enjoyed it a lot.  I thought Stephanie looked awful, but my opinion of her physical appearance was, no doubt, influenced by my extreme dislike for her.  When Jaclin was giving her what-for and Stephanie was mocking her, I thought she easily came off as sociopath Soledad had pegged her as.  People look so ignorant when they do that.  I wish she had been beat up more than she was.  Someone actually said she thought she was on a game show and specifically mentioned "Survivor".  I wish she would go on "Survivor" ... she'd be eaten alive and spit out screaming.  And she pointed out again how she had been a pharmacy tech (or whatever she was) and knew the drugs she was taking.

I like Jaclin, but HATE when she does the gangsta thing.  Yes, I was glad she tore into Stephanie, but I wish she'd done it differently.  Does anyone know how her daughter died?  They said it was a tragic accident.  That could be any one of a million things and it's none of my business but I'm just curious.

Angele.  I liked her so much in the beginning and thought she was attractive with a killer body.  But as the show went on, the uglier she became to me and last night I could barely look at her.  She still doesn't get it and still doesn't regret what she did.  I wonder if it would have sunk in if someone had been hurt because of her recklessness.  I, too, laughed when she said she thinks of Gabby all the time ... when she's out on a date with another woman.  HAHA  Thought it peculiar the way Matt asked his question: "Are you and Gabrielle still together?"  Together?  One is in jail and the other is dating other people.  Together?  I thought she got off easy with the comments from the other participants.

Emmanual does have nice teeth.

I wish Andrew had said more, but I guess there wasn't all that much to say.  I'm glad he had a good experience, if being in jail for 2 months can be considered good.  Could have gone terribly wrong for him.

Matt, Matt, Matt ..... although I thought it was funny that he wanted to set the record straight about peeing in the cup.  I truly believe he has a good heart, and that's evidenced by his adoration of his son among other things, but he just has this weird vibe going on that I can't articulate.  At least he looked clean last night.

Nate seems like a really good guy.  I like him a lot and wished he could have talked more last night.

Not a fan of Alan, but I'm also glad he is now working only part-time for the police force.  I wonder what other job he has.  He and Angele had some interesting back-and-forth.  I wish he could have completed his meth deal; that would have provided a wealth of information to the sheriff (who's name I can't remember) (I'm surprised I can remember all the participants' names).

Johnny seems like a really good guy too.

It sounds like the participants' were all (most all) disappointed that they couldn't complete their 60 days.  I hope they have another season, as I really like this program.  It was fun, guys, and I hope we're all back again next season to rip these people to shreds!  Everybody have a good summer.

• Love 7

I was glad to hear Angele is in counseling. She could use it. I think she's a kind person who is just starved for love and attention from childhood issues.

slasherboy, someone posted a link either here or in a related thread that revealed that Jaclin's first child was smothered in the bed while sleeping with both parents. So sad. I hope SHE is in counseling because when she talked about not feeling like she deserves anything good in her life b/c of that accident, it broke my heart.

Stephanie is a piece of work. I cannot find anything redeeming about her. I am interested in next week's follow-up episode, but if it's just more of what the previews showed it will be everyone justifying their behavior.

• Love 6

If I see Angele on my television ever again (except for the Where are they Now episodes), it will be too soon. Watching the reunion show was almost like watching a 1:1 with Angele. About her feelings. And about her choices. Again. I did notice when footage was shown of her and Gabby, lying down together in Gabby's bunk, she instantly got all kinds of pissed off. I get it: she's great for ratings, but no one likes a camera hog, producer driven or not.

Way too much screen time was spent on her and Matt (who couldn't shut his mouth if he tried!) when I really wanted to hear from Nate, Alan and Johnny. Their motivation & backstories alone made me want to watch this season. I can't believe crazy ass Matt was talking about having "two streams" while trying to empty his bladder! 

Then again, it's crazy ass Matt, so anything is possible.

We will probably find out the answers to the questions that we undoubtedly have about each person, but that reunion was pretty uneventful. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

No one watched the reunion last night?  It was interesting.  I think Soledad realized Stephanie was a loon and wanted the cameras on her, so she kind of froze her out.  Stephanie probably thought she looked good with those contacts, but they made her look more like a loon to me.

Is this the episode they’re calling Six Months Later?  I don’t see an episode labeled reunion in upcoming episodes. 

24 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Is this the episode they’re calling Six Months Later?  I don’t see an episode labeled reunion in upcoming episodes. 

there's another where are they now type show Monday, who was that kissing a gf? Jaclin? it went too fast for me to tell.

10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Happycakez

Hide contents

it showed Stephanie with her boyfriend, then she says she's going to see her girlfriend.  I believe the girl is shopping for a reality show.

Spoiler

Ugh. She's not interesting enough for that. Plus I can't take her contacts and gremlin like smiles. I know she's trying to fix her teeth, but those braces are doing her no favors. 

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, Neurochick said:

The show was on for two seasons, and I thought the lack of a reunion made it feel more real.

I think the governor has to call out the national guard.  Would they call them to do the work of corrections officers, not sure.

My husband is in the National Guard and, yes, they are activated by the Governor or the President depending on the duty they are called up for (State or Federal).  A Governor can call up the National Guard but there has to be a State Emergency called first.  If there was a riot or standoff at the prison then maybe the National Guard would be called up to beef up the already existing security but the situation would have to be extreme.  I highly doubt the National Guard would be called up because of a lack of employees.  The National Guard members have jobs and many of the individuals in the MOSs (jobs) that would be used in a situation like that already tend to be in law enforcement so you'd likely not help yourself as much as you might think.  

I really loved the Rookie show and wish it would come back.  Like you, I found it more real and authentic than 60 days in.  I was truly afraid for some of those corrections officers.  

• Love 2
On 2/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, slasherboy said:

I'd like to read the snark.  Could you please direct me to this discussion so I can grin real big?  Thank you!

On 2/20/2018 at 2:12 AM, Maharincess said:

I was going to ask the same thing. Is there a link? I can't navigate social media. All of these # and those @ and I don't know what any of them mean. 

I'm sorry that I had not returned to this thread since my last post. You only need to visit the 60 Days In Facebook page. Every post they make is filled with Stephanie and Angele snark. Here's the link and make sure you have your popcorn ready...lol

https://www.facebook.com/60DaysIn/

• Love 2

I just watched the six-month after show.

My thoughts:

Matt, please, please shut up!!!  Oh, and you are not a man’s man.

Stephanie  - NO redeeming value.  That comment goes for her mother as well.  Stephanie does nothing with her life and is proud of it.  Andrew, Alan, Nate, Jaclin and Johnny doing something positive as a result of their experience.  Stephanie -  - she is still gloating because she “won.”  Solidad O’Brien is correct. She is a sociopath.

Angele got a dose of reality.  If an addict is talkin’, they be lyin’.  Again, Solidad O’Brien was correct. Angele was very naïve. And if she doesn’t have an attitude change, she’s going to end up in jail for real.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 4

I loved how Matt's daughter called him out. She kept saying that he chose to go to jail and all he does now is bitch and complain about it.  I was so distracted by their cluttered kitchen counters that it was hard for me to notice anything else. That would drive me nuts. 

I was surprised to see his daughters in short shorts, for some reason I thought they were fundies. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Just watched that 6 months later show.

Gabby’s brother told Angele that she got played, pure and simple.

Neurochick, I haven't seen the show yet but am wondering, did Gabby's brother indicate that Gabby was played, or Angele was played?  Can't figure out which from the way it's worded.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, slasherboy said:

Neurochick, I haven't seen the show yet but am wondering, did Gabby's brother indicate that Gabby was played, or Angele was played?  Can't figure out which from the way it's worded.  Thank you!

Angele was played, according to her brother. Basically everything Gabby told Angele was a lie. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Gabby's brother told Angele that SHE, Angele got played.  Angele is the one who got played big time.  Sorry that I wasn't clear.  

I felt both Angele and Stephanie got too into personalities and not principles.  They were there to do a job, not fall in love or be on Big Brother/Survivor.  Stephanie didn't like Jaclin, and that's fine, but she didn't have to sabotage her time there.  I mean, if I'm undercover in a jail and others are inside to, I'd want to hang with them.  That's what a rational person would do.  Jaclin had Stephanie's number when she told her, "Stephanie, YOU just wanted to be on TV."  Truer words were never spoken.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Angele was played, according to her brother. Basically everything Gabby told Angele was a lie. 

Everyone saw that coming except Angele.  And what’s moe unfortunate, I do not think she learned a lesson from it.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Gabby's brother told Angele that SHE, Angele got played.  Angele is the one who got played big time.  Sorry that I wasn't clear.  

Thanks for clearing that up.  I'm curious to see how Angele responded to that!

39 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Thanks for clearing that up.  I'm curious to see how Angele responded to that!

This show took place six months later.  When Angele went to see Gabby's brother, Gabby was out of jail, but she hadn't seen her family in weeks.  She was in her addiction.  Gabby's brother said that Gabby knows just how to get to people, how to manipulate them.  Then he told Angele that Gabby had played her (Angele).  Angele didn't look surprised at that revelation.  But at the end, it said that Angele had a girlfriend but she and Gabby talk often, so I don't know what's what.

I wish they had said something about Desmond. I really want to know how he's doing and how he felt when he found out the truth about Nate. Desmond seemed like a good guy who was a victim of circumstance and if given the opportunity he could do much better.  I wonder why nothing was said about him when the relationship between he and Nate was a big part of the show. 

• Love 1