Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

SheTalksShit
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Desmond is still in jail. Nate keeps in contact with him and his family and recently posted pictures of a meet-up he had with some of Desmond's family members on Instagram. 

2 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Desmond is still in jail. Nate keeps in contact with him and his family and recently posted pictures of a meet-up he had with some of Desmond's family members on Instagram. 

Go check Nate’s Instagram! If you google Nate 60 Days In, a link to his Instagram will be there. There’s good news to see re: our Desmond and an update about “the Big Fat Greek Wedding” status.

PS: I think it is way too scary that last names are so readily accessible for those who might be really pissed off at the fauxmates.

• Love 1

Pretty sure I saw Nate say Desmond got out of jail. He posted Desmond's date of freedom. I just checked and he was released on 09/26/2017....unless Desmond went back too jail. Nate and Desmond are still friends and Desmond watches the show with his family. Those two were awesome together and so glad they could remain buddies after the truth cane out!

• Love 2

Uh....what the heck happened. I have this show on auto record every episode but where did the reunion/after show go??? I saw a preview for they eppy when they are all on stage together arguing but there is no episode. Instead there is the six months later eppy that recorded. Where is the reunion/after show?? Nothing is showing up for it. Anyone know?? Thanks! :(

2 hours ago, Nolander said:

Uh....what the heck happened. I have this show on auto record every episode but where did the reunion/after show go??? I saw a preview for they eppy when they are all on stage together arguing but there is no episode. Instead there is the six months later eppy that recorded. Where is the reunion/after show?? Nothing is showing up for it. Anyone know?? Thanks! :(

I had the same problem. The episode was called Aftermath. Not sure if they’re repeating it, but it’s available on the A&E app which you can watch on a computer, tablet, fireTV, etc. that’s how I ended up watching it. 

Im watching the Reunion Show. I am NO fan of the PO, however I am feeling a LOT of respect for Colonal Adger. He is professional and cool.

I think Angele is a misguided young lady who will Benefit from Counseling, hopefully. She seems to have a good heart. She is beautiful.

Stephanie is a TRIFLING Ho. 

• Love 4
On 3/25/2018 at 10:50 AM, Cotypubby said:

Stephanie has dead eyes. With or without the contacts. There’s nothing in there. 

And I have piercings.  But I can’t stand her nose piercing, sooo unattractive.  Makes her look like a bull.  And it jiggles when she talks!!!?

• Love 2

I think what these people who have never been to prison before, as far as an overall experience, is not what the prison system really is. It is the worst of the worst because it is a county jail. Most county jails are overcrowded and disgusting. However, the prison system is much better of an environment and a lot less crazy   There are way more programs and jobs in the actual prisons. But county jails are short stay or people waiting to get sentenced so it is the very worst conditions that there are. 

I'm currently watching season 4 and on top of irritating me to no end, Matt also has me trying to figure out WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?

He seems so goofy and out of touch with reality, he's like the living embodiment of Ned Flanders... I don't believe for a second that he had anything at all to do with MMA. Anyone who talks about it and brags every chance he gets is full of it. If he were truly confident in his ability to defend himself, he wouldnt have been talking about it night and day, and would have just left it at that.

He also seems to have forgotten his purpose in being there... To collect information. Between his first cellmate farting and the 30 second argument with Tebow, he just becomes completely focused on these other people, creating issues and entire storylines in his own mind. Meanwhile, these other people just go about their days normally paying no attention to him. I guarantee Tebow forgot Matt even existed within 5 mins of that initial conversation.

I'm sorry but I just can't stand Matt. Something is clearly wrong with him upstairs, and at least 2 other participants said the same thing.. He put on this big show with tears telling the crew he was leaving and describing in detail how it was going to crush his son... Then he goes and tells him, and Andrew just says "ok I'll call you tomorrow".

It has to be a mixture of his Mormon ethos combined with his weird hippie-ish mindset, the compulsive lying, his view of himself as highly superior and intelligent ("the alpha" as he put it), and whatever mental disabilities he has that makes him life this.

Sorry for going off on a tangent and thanks for listening to me complain... I've been searching for days for a place to vent my boiling frustration with this guy... Stay tuned for my next post about how much of a vile, disgusting, human trash bag Stephanie is...

• Love 1
On 1/5/2018 at 12:23 PM, Whimsy said:

This was my question too.  He seemed to automatically think they'd be together.  Maybe he didn't realize there are different pods?  I don't know the size of the jail or prison or whatever he worked at before, so maybe this one is bigger?

Also, did Matt say he wanted to regain appreciation for inmates?  I don't know how to say this without sounding terrible, but why?  These are criminals.  I'd like to very sincerely hope that this experience would rehabilitate the inmates and they never do anything bad again, but we all know this is very rarely true.  Also, another thing that surprised me is that the Prison Chaplain is Mormon.  I just assumed most would be Catholic or Christian.  No real reason for that thought.  I'm not religious so I don't know.

I think Alan is in way over his head.  Do we know where he's a cop?  Is it a city or small town?  He doesn't seem like a big city cop to me.  In a way I could appreciate his statement that he would put more consideration into making an arrest because it's hell in there.  However, I would hope that he would not let off serious offenders because of this experience.

While I don't even pretend to fully understand why Nate is in there for another go around, I understood his dilemma.  If he's trying to pass as a true inmate he couldn't let that go.  That was a bit scary with everyone gearing up for a riot- making shanks and stuff. 

Jaclin and Stephanie both stick out like sore thumbs.  They both went in way too groomed with nice hair and nice nails.  That's just asking to be taken advantage of.  It scares me how aggressive/predatory some of those girls are. 

I have a whole new perspective on this show this season.  My SIL got thrown into county jail.  She is waiting for her sentencing.  She's been in for 30 days with probably at least 60 more to go.  She's in with murderers and stuff and she's having a hard time.  She's in for DUI (multiple)- the last one with my nephew in the car.  She was arrested for failing to report to her probation officer so she had a warrant.  It's a real bad situation because she refuses to get the help she needs.  She goes in for a 2-week rehab program but comes out and does it all over again.  It's just weird to watch this show and think that someone I know very well is going through a similar experience.  It doesn't make me want to sign up for the program, though!  We're hoping that her finally being thrown in jail straightens her up because nothing else was doing it.

You just contradicted yourself so very badly. You start big by saying Matt is crazy for having the desire to regain appreciation for inmates because they’re criminals who commit offenses continuously, as they don’t learn anything from jail. At the end, you talk about how you have a Sister-in-law who is currently in jail for driving drunk with a CHILD IN THE VEHICLE. Repeat: driving intoxicated with a child in the vehicle! Sure this wasn’t the first time, she just got caught this time. Anyhow, you say you are hopefully this 90 day incarceration period will “wake her up because nothing else has worked.” So your SIL has maintained some level of hope for rehabilitation in your heart but the other inmates are not worthy of that same hope. Ummmm yeah?! No!! 

1 hour ago, marishaw21 said:

You just contradicted yourself so very badly. You start big by saying Matt is crazy for having the desire to regain appreciation for inmates because they’re criminals who commit offenses continuously, as they don’t learn anything from jail. At the end, you talk about how you have a Sister-in-law who is currently in jail for driving drunk with a CHILD IN THE VEHICLE. Repeat: driving intoxicated with a child in the vehicle! Sure this wasn’t the first time, she just got caught this time. Anyhow, you say you are hopefully this 90 day incarceration period will “wake her up because nothing else has worked.” So your SIL has maintained some level of hope for rehabilitation in your heart but the other inmates are not worthy of that same hope. Ummmm yeah?! No!! 

I posted this 4 years ago, so I don’t remember my frame of mind, but nothing has “woken” up my SIL and she went ahead and had another baby, drank while pregnant and is still drinking off and on to this day. The child (almost 2 now) was in a safe, loving home with a family member but my SIL wanted the child back and the courts gave the baby to her. The majority of the family (including myself) don’t want anything to do with with my SIL and are completely done. We will do what we can for the child, but it’s hard because we don’t want anything to do with my SIL and her just-as-bad husband.  Although reading my post back, I wasn’t even really very hopeful back then that her time in jail was going to change her. And it didn’t.  People have to WANT to get help. She doesn’t. 

I actually DO believe in rehabilitation and have felt that way for a long time. But, I don’t think our current system has all the resources necessary to support it consistently. So much more can and should be done. What I had stated above was based on statistics with the current systems in place, not that it’s never possible. Just that it’s less likely until more support systems and education is provided and, most importantly, not keeping people locked up like animals.