Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deanyes.gif

dryes.gif

thoryes.gif

Right there with ya! LOVE LOVE LOVE that Gotham is Renewed!!!

• Love 2

I always thought Flash would use time travel to bring Barry and Iris’s twins into the story (or just have them present as adults) because it just seems like it’d be a production hassle to have two infants on set.

• Love 3
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I always thought Flash would use time travel to bring Barry and Iris’s twins into the story (or just have them present as adults) because it just seems like it’d be a production hassle to have two infants on set.

Well, any babies aren't going to be around much anyway. Probably just seen every once in a while. In this case they could be offscreen with Cecile or something.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Well, any babies aren't going to be around much anyway. Probably just seen every once in a while. In this case they could be offscreen with Cecile or something.

Then what’s the point? If the mystery girl is their daughter then that seems like a better way - fans know they have kids and the kids actually get to be part of the story. 

Otherwise - lucky Cecile, taking care of three babies, two who aren’t even hers!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

With Gotham's renewal that means all the shows I watch have been renewed. Except Lucifer and honestly that show has become unrecognizable this season that I'm not upset about it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, way2interested said:

I don't think that's happening, tbh. Honestly, at first I thought that Barry and Iris' daughter likely appearing and being revealed would mean that Iris would be revealed to be pregnant in the season finale. But now with Cecile having her baby in 423 and Dawn/Nora/whoever possibly being a recurring character in s5, I'm wondering if they might just have Iris not be pregnant and just have Barry and Iris go through the idea of having children as their couple plot for another season to have her be pregnant for the next season finale instead. Heck, if Felicity goes onto Flash again by herself, they might reference it for Iris just like they referenced Felicity and Oliver getting married while WestAllen were engaged. I'm actually thinking it might just be Arrow for this.

I honestly never thought the hints about children were leading up to Iris being pregnant. Barry and Iris only just got married, and it's only Season 4. Plus, having the leads as parents isn't really the show they want to do (IMO). The hints leading up to their grown kids showing up? --> Yes. They have time travel, they don't need to have Iris be pregnant in present time to do stories with their kids. I don't think they're interested in writing 8-9 months of a pregnancy, and then babies.

I think Arrow is more or less the same (about babies), so this pregnancy rumor makes me think it's more likely that next season is Arrow's last.

I'm loving Candice's hair. It's too bad they would never let Iris wear her hair like that. I think I'd rather have Iris move and become a reporter in Freeland. She'd probably love to write about Thunder and Lightning. 

• Love 15

AAAH she looks so gorgeous in them...but of course they would never allow Iris to look like that on a show that forgets she's even black beyond her being visibly black.

30 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Wait isn't her Flash hair her real hair?

I thought she just got it braided!

no it's box braids that she added to her natural hair.

• Love 2

FOX schedule (might have put Gifted against the Flash)

http://deadline.com/2018/05/fox-fall-2018-19-schedule-upfronts-new-shows-last-man-standing-911-lethal-weapon-the-orville-empire-star-1202390101/

FOX FALL 2018-19 SCHEDULE
(New programs in UPPER CASE)

MONDAY
8-9 PM — The Resident
9-10 PM — 9-1-1

TUESDAY
8-9 PM — The Gifted
9-10 PM — Lethal Weapon

WEDNESDAY
8-9 PM — Empire
9-10 PM — Star

THURSDAY
7:30-8 PM ET/ — Thursday Night Football Pregame Show
4:30-5 PM PT
8 PM-CC ET/ — NFL Football
5 PM-CC PT

FRIDAY
8-8:30 PM — LAST MAN STANDING (all-new episodes)
8:30-9 PM — THE COOL KIDS
9-10 PM — Hell’s Kitchen

SATURDAY
7:00-10:30 PM — Fox Sports Saturday: Fox College Football

SUNDAY
7-7:30 PM — NFL On Fox
7:30-8 PM — The OT / Fox Encores
8-8:30 PM — The Simpsons
8:30-9 PM — Bob’s Burgers
9-9:30 PM — Family Guy
9:30-10 PM — REL

They kind of hinted it when they released the promo for 522 as the "season finale" instead of the "series finale," but it's good that it's official. I wonder if they'll move it to midseason so its ending can be near Avengers 4.

• Love 2

I do like Agents of SHIELD, but the budget cuts (and their theme of the second half of this season) has really dipped with how great season 4 was. Season 5's been pretty meh. Hopefully, season 6 can take place outdoors because I'm sick of the Lighthouse.

Also, I now am more certain that Deke's somehow going to survive into season 6, and I don't really want that. I like the actor, but Deke, the character, has been nothing more than a plot device since coming back from the Space arc. 

• Love 3

She remains my favourite Lois Lane.

After her public breakdown and diagnosis of bipolar disorder, she became an advocate for mental health.  It's sad that her life was cut short like that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Anyone know anything about the calls to fire Jessica Queller?

What did she do?

Or is this a random Twitter thing I stumbled on?

I think it's Supercorp shippers pissed that they put Lena in a hetero relationship with James.

And just not liking Mon-El or Alex getting "sidelined"

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think it's Supercorp shippers pissed that they put Lena in a hetero relationship with James.

Just another normal day in fandom, then.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Ahh thanks! I watched SG last week and couldn't think of anything controversial about it.

From what I've seen some are trying to use GuardianCorp (James/Lena shipper name) as a way to say that she is homophobic. And they've been going after Mecahd in any pic he posts of the couple though he fuels the flames by replying to every single one.

• Love 1

Well, Lucifer's big cliffhanger turned out to be...a mild cliffhanger.  It may just be me but, when I think of a major cliffhanger I'm thinking Who Shot JR?, or John Connor traveling to the dystopian future he was trying to prevent, or neo-Nazis opening fire at the West Wing characters.  It's not Chloe walking in on Lucifer with his newly returned devil face and realizing everything he'd been telling her was true.  It's a cliffhanger, to be sure, but it's pretty mild.  It even works with the knowledge that the show was canceled.  Pierce has been killed, Maze and Dr. Linda made up, Amy took Charlotte to Heaven, and Ella and Dan are alive and safe.  The showrunners have said for years that the show ends when Chloe finds out.  Now, I think that's a dumb mentality, and I know they'd changed their minds on this point since they used this moment to try and force Fox to give them another season (telling me they know nothing about Fox), but it did make for unintentional amusement.  This finale was awesome, and I certainly wouldn't mind if the show gets saved, but I don't feel like I'm being deprived if it stays cancelled. 

• Love 4

It might've meant more if they had an actress who could actually show some kind of emotion or reaction. I know they could go with deep down she's know all along, but you still think someone would have some kind of react to seeing the devil in person.  Chloe's blank face made it all anti-climatic. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Greg Berlanti on Breaking the On-Air Series Record, Netflix’s Mega-Deals, and an ‘Everwood’ Reunion
By Debra Birnbaum   MAY 14, 2018
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/greg-berlanti-series-record-netflix-everwood-1202810426/

Uberproducer Greg Berlanti, who has just set a new record with 14 series on air, makes it a point to stay in L.A. during the busiest week of the year for the TV business. “I never go to upfronts. They never notice when I’m there, so I stopped going years ago,” he confesses. “I’m also really superstitious. The last time I went, I got a bunch of shows canceled. So now I don’t come back.”
You now have 14 series on the air across broadcast, cable and streaming — breaking a record held by Aaron Spelling and Jerry Bruckheimer. What does it mean to you to break that record?
I’m really proud of our team, of everybody here — Sarah Schechter and Ryan Lindenberg, who also does development with us. I’m proud of all the showrunners and creators that we work with. I feel really fortunate to work with a lot of great people who all know what they’re doing and all work hard and would all have plenty of success without me working with them. I just think that that, combined with our relationship with the studio, everybody works so hard all year to achieve this. My secret dream is that other people that work with me get more credit for all the hard work that they do because they work just as hard and so I’m really proud to be a part of all of it, but I don’t feel like an author for that. I feel like I’m just on a really great team. That’s the truth

What is it that sparks for you when someone comes in to you with a pitch? What is it that makes you think this is something I need to get behind?
I think this year is a great example to be honest, because all of our dramas are original ideas, and we really made a specific conscious choice to go with people’s passion projects. What’s worked for us throughout is we just try and align the writer who’s really passionate with the idea that they’re very passionate about because to survive the gauntlet of network television, I think they have to start by really having that story in their heart and soul. Their wherewithal is kind of what at this point in my life I borrow. Because I don’t have any left for myself. So when they are really passionate about something, we respond to that more than anything.
We’re living in an era of vertical integration, while you’re working with an independent studio with Warner Bros. How have you managed to sell shows in this climate?
It’s really why I came back to Warner Bros. when I did. We get to make a show from the inside out. We get to make the show we would want to see and then we sell it both as a story and a pitch. Some of the shows that we have on the air were shows that were passed on by other networks that we had developed them with, and then brought them to other people. But we always put the story and the script first and if we have something that we’re passionate about, I think the advantage in this marketplace is that there’s so many different outlets that you really should find the people that want to make it the most, and if you have a good story, you’re going to ultimately align with the right people to tell it. Three of the things that we will have on the air in the fall were all started at some other network, and then ultimately the story or the script found its way to another place. And so I think it actually puts us in an advantageous position because then we get to make the thing that should count the most count the most — which is the material, I think.

Do you keep that in mind when you’re developing if it’s going to go to broadcast, cable or streaming? Or is it wherever it has the best chance of success?
I think we do somewhat. We definitely pick and choose when you bring something out to pitch, where’s it going to. But it’s definitely also changing really radically right now. “Red Line” I think is an example of something we had brought that out to cable places and SVOD places and were shocked as everyone when we got the call from CBS the last day of pickups. If you have the right story, I think it inevitably does find the right home. At the top of pitching season of the network shows I’ll make a list of the pitches we have and the places I think they’ll get sold, I’m always wrong. They always end up going to a place that I don’t think, so I’m never right about that. And it’s always surprising who wants what. A large part of it is just about the individuals that are at the helm at their networks, and what their appetite is.

Your lineup is now all dramas. Was that intentional? Do you want to do a comedy?
Definitely, yeah. I know we’re about to take out a comedy or two. We developed a comedy this year, which we were quite proud of and it didn’t move forward. I definitely think we have a lot of diversity within the drama category, which is nice. It’s weird to me — I don’t see them all the same like comedies, dramas. I see them all as, what’s the story? Who is the character it’s about? What’s the tone? Because we can do lighter comedies too. We have hours that have a lighter tone that almost play like a comedy. They’re just longer in terms of their narrative length. I always see them all the same.

I think the other thing that’s also exciting for me is that so many of the projects that we take on aren’t ones that I would dream up or even necessarily buy. But I’ve got Ryan Lindbergh and I’ve got Sarah Schechter heading it all and they have very different tastes than me. And so different people come in with them and sit with them, and they’ll come into my office and say, we heard this great pitch. Sometimes I don’t always see it, but I believe in them and I believe in the writers who come through. And so I get to be a part of shows that I wouldn’t necessarily purchase initially, but the ones that tend to make it through all of that are just the ones where there’s someone who comes in with a really clear vision for something. And then what we’re best at and what I feel like I can add or offer is just literally the logistics of how to make it through this maze and end up on the other side with a show that you’re really proud of. And with a cast you love and hopefully with an audience that connects with it.
Netflix is being aggressive about making deals with producers. Is that something you would consider, or are you happy at Warners?
I would say really clearly that we would not have the business we have without Peter Roth and Susan Rovner and their team that’s in place here. So many times either they’re sending us a writer or they’re helping us get a script or they’re helping us cast something great or they’re helping us find a great director or they’re watching our cuts and telling us how to make them better. I love making television, but I really love making television with them and I hope that that continues as long as I can see.

Reboots and revivals are the trend du jour, and you’ve got more than a few popular titles in your library. We’ve talked before about “Everwood.” Is that closer to becoming reality? Are there other other series that you would want to reboot or revive?
Definitely of all of them, “Everwood” is the one that has a special song in my heart. I think it’s about schedules and finances and budget and if we can get a budget to a place, I think that there’s a real shot that that could come back. I think we just have to figure out what would be the best way to do it, but there’s nothing firm in place yet.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

From what I've seen some are trying to use GuardianCorp (James/Lena shipper name) as a way to say that she is homophobic. And they've been going after Mecahd in any pic he posts of the couple though he fuels the flames by replying to every single one.

A lot of them have gotten really nasty and racist so I don't blame him for responding a few times. 

• Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, way2interested said:

That's one way to avoid the "half of the world disappears" plot hole XD.

That would be a way to do a cliffhanger, have them all start to dust and the screen goes black. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

The big issue with that is that then they'd all come back with no reference to it, which would be kind of annoying. That and the EPs said that the finale was written like a series finale, so unless that's how they imagined the series ending, idk if that's how they are going to go with it.

It's also going to be interesting to see how they work in Coulson's role with Captain Marvel since he will be in her prequel movie. Who knows? Maybe he's in the Avengers 4 too? (doubtful). I'm so happy it's coming back and I think making it a summer show is a good idea.  It could get an audience because in a few weeks there is nothing on and that's when I start asking people for shows to binge because I'm bored.  And also, it's the perfect way to work in all the Marvel story lines that happened in the movies. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

Wow. Summer? Not even midseason? I guess it will take place after Avengers 4 and whatever happens in it.

I've seen some fans say they think some of the characters are gone Friday and season 6 won't start till after Avengers 4 so they can bring back who they chose 

4 minutes ago, Swellcatt said:

It's also going to be interesting to see how they work in Coulson's role with Captain Marvel since he will be in her prequel movie. Who knows? Maybe he's in the Avengers 4 too? (doubtful). I'm so happy it's coming back and I think making it a summer show is a good idea.  It could get an audience because in a few weeks there is nothing on and that's when I start asking people for shows to binge because I'm bored.  And also, it's the perfect way to work in all the Marvel story lines that happened in the movies. 

Well Captain Marvel is said to take place in the 90's