Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

KC bent down so as not to be rude lol and CL kissed her cheek....but it was far from making it all about themselves or all about Caity. 

Caity literally did the equivalent of being a guest at somebody else's birthday and blowing out their candles, opening up their presents and putting themselves in every photograph. Considering the fandom has been sensitive about fictional etiquette well Caity and The Flash cast had super shitty real life etiquette. 

• Love 7

Lol, having a good time at the party and kissing your co-star on the cheek for a photo that was taken multiple times isn't the same and it certainly didn't come anywhere near or close to all the wedding back and forth thats been going on.  And not as if they kicked people out of the cake cutting to get a spot. If they wanted specific placement and people they would've made it happen.

• Love 2

I think it was poorly organized so that if an actor wanted to be in the front even if he/she shouldn’t have been, they could have. Publicists should have reorganized them for the photos/organized a series regular photo/etc. but just didn’t bother to do so. 

Also, I don’t particularly like when there’s a large group photo like that and anyone in it - especially in the center - is doing something that draws attention like that. 

• Love 9

As with all things Arrow related, the PR people did the bare minimum in organising the 100th party red carpet interviews and photos. I think I remember seeing short interviews with people that weren’t on the show anymore, were from other Arrowverse shows or were short term guest stars for the season, but very little from the regular cast members.  

The cake cutting photo was also pretty poorly organised.  There were so many people crammed in you could barely spot the actual regular cast members. 

The Flash is a network favourite, so I think any party for them will likely be 100%  more organised than what they did for Arrow, but I guess time will tell. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 2

As the years go on, TheCW just seems to get cheaper and cheaper. But especially taking group photos on the red carpet where everyone is invited they don't seem to really care. This is TVD big 100 red carpet photo. 

article-2496935-1951C1E400000578-180_634

Though since The Flash is practically the new TVD, they will probably get an onset celebration along with a big celebration party. While anyone else who manages to make it to 100 (I think only like 4 shows have reached 100 on TheCW (that have actually premiered on TheCW)) will probably get the same as Arrow.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Is it really that rare to reach 100? 

Smallville, Supernatural, TVD, Arrow, 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Girlfriends all reached it judging by wikipedia.

They do seem to have a lot of shows who only make it to season 4 and around 70 episodes, like Reign, Hart of Dixie, Everybody Hates Chris and Beauty and The Beast. 

37 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

As the years go on, TheCW just seems to get cheaper and cheaper. But especially taking group photos on the red carpet where everyone is invited they don't seem to really care. This is TVD big 100 red carpet photo. 

Yeah, and then they took the time to take this picture on the carpet:

vd.JPG.50eb70f373cb564517aa098c5fbce9e9.JPG

And then they took this picture with the cake:

VD2.JPG.b0c996f8ca017515611c51a0371a021e.JPG

Looks like when there's an actual effort being made (or when people know how to behave socially), proper pictures can be taken.

• Love 12

Yeah, it’s especially when you look at other shows’ 100th episodes and celebrations that Arrow’s doesn’t look good. If no one had ever watched the show before but looked at the party/photos and episode, they’d probably be very confused about the actual main cast/characters/relationships/etc. 

• Love 1

Yeah the 100th party was a mess,clearly no one cared enough to make it special for arrow and they basically used it as a crossover party.But there are people who had some idea that it was rude to hog the spotlight,I think I remember Grant was there but you barely saw him,Carlos Valdes as well.So it wasn't everyone who behaved that way even tho clearly they could have since there was zero organization of the pics and on the red carpet.

• Love 6

I question whether Supergirl and LOT will make it to 100 episodes. I was reading an article about the overall CW ratings this year and it says the true outlier in the Arrowverse is Supergirl, which has had the steepest decline in viewers this season. Now with this weird scheduling move (which we all know is only going to kill its ratings even more when it comes back in the spring), I wonder about the future of that show. I could see a fourth season being its last.

I know Supergirl lost a lot of viewers in season 2 but I thought it was pretty steady in demos and viewers so far in season 3? I think it even hit its peak viewers for the season (outside the crossover) in one of its last episodes before the break. 

It does seem like the CW is going to kill it with this scheduling move. All for a show (Black Lightning) it isn't even promoting and marketing all that well.

Edited by Oreo2234

Best Comic Movie, TV Show, Character & Moment Of 2017
by Autumn Noel Kelly 12/29/17
http://www.player.one/best-2017-comic-book-movie-tv-show-moment-worst-dc-marvel-122692

Best: ... Honorable Mention: Legends Of Tomorrow
This superhero mashup introduced on Arrow and The Flash struggled to find itself as first, but has now perfected not taking itself too seriously. No one actor gets too much screen time and the show takes place in a different time zone each week, giving the costume designer a chance to go wild.  
Biggest Disappointment: ... Honorable Mention: The Flash
The Flash is one of our favorite shows, but the end of Season 3 was terrible. Why did it have to be some stupid time remnant of evil Barry? The whole Iris dying storyline was overdone and it was a chore turning in to watch a villain in a big blue metal suit kick Barry’s ass.

Best: Agents Of SHIELD
Honorable Mention: Legends Of Tomorrow

Biggest Disappointment: Inhumans (Phil) And Iron Fist (Autumn)
Honorable Mention: The Flash

Best Movie: Logan
Almost Tied: Wonder Woman

Best Moment: No Man’s Land -- Wonder Woman

Best New Character: Prometheus (Autumn) And X-23 (Phil)

Best Character: Spider-Man (Autumn) And Wonder Woman (Phil)

Edited by tv echo

It’s Time for the CW to Accept Who They Are and Embrace Their Audience
Posted by Dan Wickline December 29, 2017
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/29/time-cw-embrace-audience/

'Riverdale' Leads The CW to Ratings Stability in a Volatile TV Market
By RUSS BURLINGAME - December 29, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/29/riverdale-leads-the-cw-to-ratings-stability-in-a-volatile-market/

Edited by tv echo

2017: The Year in Comics Culture
Rob Salkowitz  DEC 29, 2017 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2017/12/29/2017-the-year-in-comics-culture/#7949a67f202d

Warner Bros Wonder Woman set the standard with an inspiring, well-paced action film that established Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins as top-tier draws. Marvel gave us laughs with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok, plus a fresh reboot of Spider-Man in a coproduction with Sony. Together, those added up to over a billion dollars globally. Fox, which was just acquired by Disney amid speculation that its X-Men franchise will be taken back under the Marvel Studios umbrella, was able to launch the gritty, R-rated Logan into the domestic top 10. WB also charted with Justice League ($224M domestic so far, good for 11th place) and The LEGO Batman Movie ($175.8M domestic).

On TV, Archie’s Riverdale, featuring an intense, updated take on Archie and the gang, has been a strong and somewhat surprising hit on the CW, along with its growing staple of Arrowverse (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow) shows that bring the DC multiverse to the small screen. Gotham, Lucifer, Preacher and iZombie are also based on DC properties. On traditional TV, Marvel stumbled with Inhumans but maintained viewer interest in Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD. The company’s mutant properties, under the care of 20th Century Fox, fared better, with glowing critical receptions to Legion and The Gifted.
The future on the convention side is even more murky. While big, well-established, well-run shows like NYCC, SDCC, Emerald City Comic Con and others continue to set attendance records – and small, grass-roots festivals and expos flourish – the vast middle layer of shows serving second- and third-tier markets with celebrity-driven events seems on thinner ice. Wizard World, the publicly-traded firm specializing in these sorts of shows, has seen its business decline precipitously in the past two years, though that may not be entirely due to fundamentals in the market. The whole model seems primed for disruption and continued consolidation, whether by the rise of new players, the expansion of existing leaders, or by a completely new kind of fan experience.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Oreo2234 said:

I know Supergirl lost a lot of viewers in season 2 but I thought it was pretty steady in demos and viewers so far in season 3? I think it even hit its peak viewers for the season (outside the crossover) in one of its last episodes before the break. 

It does seem like the CW is going to kill it with this scheduling move. All for a show (Black Lightning) it isn't even promoting and marketing all that well.

Their Black Lightening promotion or lack of it is strange to say the least. I guess it might ramp up in the new year but what they have so far personally wouldn't convince me to watch if I hadn't already decided to give it a chance. All the teasers seems a bit lacklustre, which isn't surprising for The CW but I did think they'd put a lot of effort into this. I do think it will be sampled well though.  

I'm not sure about LOT getting to 100 eps, especially with it's already shorter seasons but I think it should get at least season 4 and I can see Supergirl reaching 100 even if the CW would have hoped for higher stabilisation when they took it over. 

I'm not sure about Krypton, visually it looks quite good for syfy but I'm always a bit leery of prequel series.

• Love 1

Their Black Lightening promotion or lack of it is strange to say the least. I guess it might ramp up in the new year but what they have so far personally wouldn't convince me to watch if I hadn't already decided to give it a chance. All the teasers seems a bit lacklustre, which isn't surprising for The CW but I did think they'd put a lot of effort into this. I do think it will be sampled well though.  

I feel like Black Lightning could do well with the right marketing and promotion, it's premise is somewhat unique for a superhero series, but its less than three weeks away and so far the promo hasn't been that good. I plan to give it a chance and it looks like it will be a solid series but I don't see it attracting many new viewers to the CW with the marketing its been getting so far. I don't know why they are bothering to mess up their schedule if they aren't going to try harder to sell it. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Yeah, and then they took the time to take this picture on the carpet:

vd.JPG.50eb70f373cb564517aa098c5fbce9e9.JPG

And then they took this picture with the cake:

VD2.JPG.b0c996f8ca017515611c51a0371a021e.JPG

Looks like when there's an actual effort being made (or when people know how to behave socially), proper pictures can be taken.

Yeah, Nina/Ian/Paul are way more important and popular then anyone on Arrow to the network.  

As far as the cake cutting  even when you take out Katrina and maybe Caity, the picture was doomed to be a mess since there are so many people involved in the show.

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah, Nina/Ian/Paul are way more important and popular then anyone on Arrow to the network. 

SPN fan over here just thinking about the festivities of the 100th, and 200th episode celebrations for SPN of which the latter had a cake that was the front end of the Impala.

I'm absolutely not convinced at all that TVD was more important to the network than Stephen Amell and Arrow once Dawn Ostroff was replaced by  Mark Pedowitz. IMO the dilution of Arrow's 100th episode was a disservice to Arrow completely. And yes, as a petty Arrow fan, I hope the Flash's 100th gets equal treatment. But it probably won't because The Flash is Berlanti's fav.

• Love 7

Even after Ostroff was replaced in 2011 (so like S3 of TVD?), CW still put time and effort into TVD (who was still #1 by their 5th season). The amount of promotion TVD got thus far only been rivaled by The Flash. 

Edited by Primal Slayer

It's really heartening to see the number of articles commenting on Legends' 5% drop in viewers (lower than the average attrition from TV to online viewing) and the significance of more than doubling the retention of Flash viewers from its predecessor. I knew Legends was being recognized for its increase in quality, but this suggests it has some business clout as well.

I never want it to do so well that too many cooks get into the kitchen and note it into oblivion to try and keep the ratings....I just want it to do well enough that it can't be cancelled and the suits don't worry about it so they leave it alone!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Supergirl has mostly steadied this season in demo/viewers, and even started creeping back up with the return of Mon-El (apparently other viewers find him less boring than I do.) But that was after a major drop at the start of the season. It's well underperforming Arrow and Flash in their respective third seasons, and only slightly outperforming Legends of Tomorrow in viewer numbers. 

It is outperforming other third seasons from current CW shows (The 100, Jane the Virgin, iZombie, The Originals) but all of those started out well below Supergirl's 2nd season CW start. 

Wizard World, the publicly-traded firm specializing in these sorts of shows, has seen its business decline precipitously in the past two years, though that may not be entirely due to fundamentals in the market.

I'm just going to say that Wizard World's specific issues have zilch to do with fundamental market issues and everything to do with their approach to talent and conrunning.  Requiring people to sign non-compete agreements, for instance, was not a plus. I wouldn't use their issues as any sort of sign for the general health of the big/medium sized conventions.

In terms of the smaller fan cons, I think that seriously varies from con to con. I know a few ended up cancelling their 2018 plans, but a couple of January cons - Arisia and ConFusion - are saying that they might be seeing record attendance this year.

40 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

But it probably won't because The Flash is Berlanti's fav.

I'm not convinced that Berlanti really has a favorite show. I think Flash seems to get a touch more attention because it's his most successful CW show, but I'm not sure that he necessarily likes it more than, say, Blindspot.  But that's me. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I'm not sure about Krypton, visually it looks quite good for syfy but I'm always a bit leery of prequel series.

Normally I don’t do prequels anymore but I think by it being two generations back it should be independent enough from the Supes mythos it should be free to do what works vs what they have to do to line up.  

52 minutes ago, quarks said:

I'm not convinced that Berlanti really has a favorite show. I think Flash seems to get a touch more attention because it's his most successful CW show, but I'm not sure that he necessarily likes it more than, say, Blindspot.  But that's me. 

I meant more that The Flash itself is Berlanti's fav superhero or at least that's what I recollect him talking about.   Assuming he has more influence now that Kreisberg is toast, then he may want it to have better treatment.

Edited by catrox14

I don't mind prequels and as such I find it rather odd that they added the whole time travel component to tie it back to more current continuity. The first promo made it look like maybe a slightly darker Smallville on Krypton and I was cool with that (yes I realize with the kind of people behind it that they have that was unlikely). 

I could see Black Lightning finding its audience, but it might be a difference from the rest of the CW. I'm definitely curious to see how it does. I also wonder whether they'll make any attempts to piggyback on the Black Panther promotion. Kind of "waiting for Black Panther? Why not check out BL in the meantime". 

Edited by tofutan
  • Love 2

I don't mind prequels in and of themselves, but it seems to me there is a certain sense of pointlessness to one like Krypton. Because if you know anything about Superman's origin (and who would ever watch a show like this if they didn't?) you are aware that no matter what successes the characters have, whatever threats they overcome, any great technological or cultural accomplishments that occur, amount to nothing considering what is going to happen to the planet. Then again I never bothered to see Titanic for much the same reason. So maybe I'm not the best judge.

Black Lightning's marketing is kind of odd. The only place I have seen anything about it, barring one ad on a comics based site online, is commercials on the CW and even then only during the Arrowverse shows. Which doesn't make a lot of sense. You don't have to try and appeal too much to the Arrowverse viewers, they have already proven they are more inclined to check it out. They should be trying to draw in primarily Marvel fans, comics fans who don't already watch anything in the Arrowverse, and perhaps general sci-fi fans.

• Love 5

Favorite TV ships of 2017
DECEMBER 30, 2017
https://www.hypable.com/hypables-favorite-tv-ships-of-2017

Here are ten of our favorite fictional TV couples whose love inspired us, devastated us and just generally gave us all the feels in 2017.
Iris West x Barry Allen — The Flash
2017 was a year of extremely high highs and extremely low lows for Barry Allen and Iris West, the so-called gold standard of romances in the Arrowverse. Fans were treated to a gorgeous musical proposal from Barry (one that would be echoed in the aborted wedding the next season) as well as a wedding that brought friends from various times and Earths to celebrate. However, Iris’s fate was up in the air during the spring as Barry believed he saw Savitar (who turned out to be a time remnant of himself) murder her, Barry spent six months in the Speed Force and their wedding was interrupted by the invasion of Nazis from Earth-X. But their love brought them through all the lows.

With Iris’s death averted, Barry returned from the Speed Force and the Earth-X Nazis defeated, Barry and Iris were wedded in an intimate ceremony by longtime friend John Diggle with beautifully romantic vows. Even Olicity jumping into for a double marriage at the last moment (which Iris hilariously lampshaded) cannot dim the love shared by Barry Allen and Iris West. After all, together they are the Flash.
Oliver Queen x Felicity Smoak — Arrow
After several seasons of an on-again off-again relationship, Oliver and Felicity finally reunited permanently in Arrow’s sixth season. Oliver’s continuing maturation allowed Felicity to move past her issues with Oliver’s sometimes tenuous relationship with the truth while Oliver, now the mayor of Star City, realized he wanted Felicity to be in his son’s life forever. The pair worked through their baggage and Felicity’s fear of getting married to officially tie the knot alongside fellow power couple WestAllen.

Conflict still remains ahead for the couple; Oliver has been indicted for the crimes he committed as the Green Arrow and the group of villains working for Cayden James (who Felicity helped free from A.R.G.U.S.) present increasing danger for Team Arrow, but Oliver and Felicity will face any trouble together, a unified front held together by their mutual love and respect.

Magnus Bane x Alec Lightwood — Shadowhunters
Emma Swan x Killian Jones– Once Upon a Time
Frank Castle x Karen Page — The Punisher
Jim Hopper x Joyce Byers — Stranger Things
Marcus Kane x Abby Griffin — The 100
Stephanie x Jimmy — Fuller House
John Murphy x Emori — The 100
Dean x Castiel — Supernatural

Edited by tv echo

Felicity is currently in 1st place with 19%, while Barry is 2nd with 16% (odd, shouldn't it be Iris, not Barry?)...

USD POLL : Which Arrowverse character do you think should have a child next?
Posted by Raina at December 31, 2017 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/usd-poll-which-arrowverse-character-do.html

Ironic, since the creator of this poll (Sarah Inez) posted the following two comments in the comments section:

Thank you! I created this poll because I feel like maybe the writers on the other shows can do this kind of story better than Arrow writers. The family drama with William is crazy. The way things have been going on Arrow, Oliver and William might end up in witness protection by the end of the season. Or the end of the series. But I can't see characters like Barry, Kara, or Alex having to deal with the same problems since they've never made it their mission to kill people. It's Oliver's criminal past that ended up traumatizing William. William isn't safe without Oliver watching over him, but William doesn't necessarily feel safe with Oliver around him. Crazy.

I created this poll because I noticed a lot of people on social media trying to figure out whether Iris or Felicity should be the first to have a child (although why Oliver would want another kid right now is beyond me), and then there was that waitress at Barry and Iris' wedding. I think it's safe to say that Barry and Iris are going to have at least one child sometime in the future. As we've seen already with poor John Diggle's child, whether Barry has a son or a daughter could still depend on other factors involving the speed force. I also voted for Alex (even if she doesn't adopt Ruby, she should still get what she wants out of life), Kara (not sure what the show's mythology is about this but it would be fun to see), and Leo (because it would be heartwarming to see him become a daddy).

I know that the situation with Oliver and William, and almost every problem on The Originals, are all reasons to say that there shouldn't be children in the sci-fi/fantasy genre, but I think whether or not it works depends on the writing. There are a number of reasons why people don't watch Arrow anymore, and characters in comic books had children all the time. Whether or not it works depends on whether the writers revolve too much drama around the child.

Edited by tv echo
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Felicity is currently in 1st place with 19%, while Barry is 2nd with 16% (odd, shouldn't it be Iris, not Barry?)...

USD POLL : Which Arrowverse character do you think should have a child next?
Posted by Raina at December 31, 2017 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/usd-poll-which-arrowverse-character-do.html

Ironic, since the creator of this poll (Sarah Inez) posted the following two comments in the comments section:

Iris isn't even an option but Caitlin is. She's just there to provide Barry with babies clearly, sigh. 

I don't particularly want WestAllen or Olicity to get pregnant this season, especially for The Flash they've got a few seasons to go and time travel to bring in future children or grandchildren so no reason they should rush things. 

If Alex adopts Ruby (and I hope she doesn't that kid is annoying) like Oliver she'll have to consider staying safe and staying in the DEO not out in the field, which limits kickass Alex scenes, same if she goes single mother with a baby or with a new partner so I hope that's not soon either. 

6 hours ago, Trini said:

This is more of a joke than anything else, but if anyone wants some hiatus reading: 'Where Do the CW's Supervillains Poop? An Investigation'

I noped out of reading it or probably anything ever from that site again when I hit the 4th paragraph.

Let’s start with Arrow. This may surprise you, as the lead of Arrow is a charming serial killer and his wife once murdered an entire town with a nuclear bomb, but the heroes of Arrow generally maintain excellent incarceration practices—namely by turning their charges over to the actual police.

32 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Favorite TV ships of 2017
DECEMBER 30, 2017
https://www.hypable.com/hypables-favorite-tv-ships-of-2017

Magnus Bane x Alec Lightwood — Shadowhunters
Emma Swan x Killian Jones– Once Upon a Time
Frank Castle x Karen Page — The Punisher
Jim Hopper x Joyce Byers — Stranger Things
Marcus Kane x Abby Griffin — The 100
Stephanie x Jimmy — Fuller House
John Murphy x Emori — The 100
Dean x Castiel — Supernatural

Ugh tv writers. Why do they always sound like they've never watched the show? How have Olicity had several seasons of on again off again? They were together for almost a year, they broke up and then reunited. That hardly counts as an on again off again relationship. 

1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I noped out of reading it or probably anything ever from that site again when I hit the 4th paragraph.

Charming article for an Arrow board. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Charming article for an Arrow board. 

I know right?  Why would that site post something like that when they want clicks from Arrow fans?  Don't they know they are alienating a group that has a very long memory? IO9 is off my viewing list for ANYTHING.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I know right?  Why would that site post something like that when they want clicks from Arrow fans?  Don't they know they are alienating a group that has a very long memory? IO9 is off my viewing list for ANYTHING.  

I09? Okay that makes all the sense in the world. This is the same site that said that Felicity was an evil bitch (basically) for stealing Iris' wedding. So their opinions are garbage and their basically a click bait site for people who want to read and argue about their garbage opinions.

Im sorry your not TvLine or Buzzfeed or Hollywood Reporter yet I09 but anti-Arrow or anti-Olicity articles aren't going to get you to that league. Sorry not sorry. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1

From the print issue of the new TV Guide (January 8-21, 2018, Double Issue)...

MONDAY, JAN. 15

Supergirl
8/7c, The CW

When we last saw our heroine, she was in a coma after Reign (Odette Annable, below), beat her senseless, so let's hope Kara (Melissa Benoist) did a lot of resting up over her holiday break. If not, well, we hear the Legion of Super-Heroes is on its way, so there may still be hope for National City.
TUESDAY, JAN. 16
The Flash
8/7c, The CW

Framed and arrested for evil DeVoe's (Neil Sandlands) murder, Barry (Grant Gustin) may have to reveal his secret identity to clear his name. Then again, since the madman isn't really dead, perhaps Joe (Jesse L. Martin) could do some of his snazzy detective work and save the day for his son-in-law instead.

THURSDAY, JAN. 18
Arrow
9/8c, The CW

While Team Arrow has fallen apart, evil-doer Cayden James (Michael Emerson) has assembled a cabal of villains. Yeah, Felicity (Emily Bett RIckards) is going to have a hard time keeping new hubby Ollie (Stephen Amell) from reverting back to his moody ol' murderous self once that crew starts causing more trouble.

Black Lightning has an entire page write-up (half-pic, half-article) in the "2018 Preview" section of this TV Guide issue. It's too long for me to quote the entire thing. So here are some excerpts:

BLACK LIGHTNING
PREMIERES Tuesday, Jan. 16, 9/8c, The CW

BLACK POWER TAKES on an electrifying new meaning as The CW, which has built an entire universe around the Green Arrow, tries on a different shade for its newest superhero. Just don't expect him to cross paths with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) & Co. anytime soon.

"The first season will probably not be part of the Arrowverse," confirms Salim Akil, who created the edgy action drama with his wife, Mara Brock Akil (exec producer of Mary Jane), and pal Greg Berlanti. "I want people to get to know Black Lightning without a lot of interference because he's a fairly new character to everyone."
"Of course he's grappling with the question of whether he should become Black Lightning again," says Akil, who drew inspiration for Pierce's journey from both Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X. "He's certainly a peaceful man and he wants to stay peaceful, but for how long? How long can you allow things to get out of hand before you have to take on the mind-set of Malcolm and say, 'We've got to do something for ourselves'?"

Pierce won't be defending the good folks of fictional Freeland alone. By the pilot's end, it becomes clear that Lightning does indeed strike more than once, and that shocking development will only complicate matters for Pierce, as well as two of his nearest and dearest. "First and foremost," Akil says, "he is a father." ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

If Alex adopts Ruby (and I hope she doesn't that kid is annoying) like Oliver she'll have to consider staying safe and staying in the DEO not out in the field, which limits kickass Alex scenes, same if she goes single mother with a baby or with a new partner so I hope that's not soon either. 

Alex has already had too little kick ass scenes (I think just one) outside of the crossover this season. This storyline is doing her character no favors. A toned down,mommy version of Alex will be boring. 

I don't really think any of the characters on the cw superhero shows need kids anytime soon. They generally don't suit these types of shows. 

5 Best TV Weddings of 2017: Captain Swan, WestAllen, Shandy, & more
DECEMBER 30, 2017
https://cartermatt.com/282671/5-best-tv-weddings-2017-captain-swan-westallen-shandy/

4. Barry and Iris, The Flash - How do you find a way to make two characters' relationship meaningful when so many people knew the outcome from the jump? That was one of the struggles for The Flash from the beginning, but through the ups and downs of WestAllen the show figured it out. As beautiful as the wedding ceremony for the two was for them at the start of the Crisis on Earth-X crossover it made sense that this actually wasn't when the two tied the knot. They had their moment near the end of the episode in a small, intimate setting.

5. Oliver and Felicity, Arrow - While we know the circumstances surrounding their actual ceremony were polarizing, their reception after the Crisis on Earth-X ceremony was awesome. We like to think of that as their real celebration of love and the journey that got these two in this place. Part of the fun with Olicity is how the entire thing came about - when Emily Bett Rickards first came on the show in season 1, it was meant to be a small recurring role that turned into so much more. Now, Felicity's an essential part of the show and her relationship with Oliver is one of the significant grounding forces in his life.

1. Happy and Toby, Scorpion
2. Sharon and Andy, Major Crimes
3. Hook and Emma, Once Upon a Time
4. Barry and Iris, The Flash
5. Oliver and Felicity, Arrow

Edited by tv echo
7 hours ago, Trini said:

This is more of a joke than anything else, but if anyone wants some hiatus reading: 'Where Do the CW's Supervillains Poop? An Investigation'

The obvious and simple answer  with ARGUS island prison is that ARGUS has guards on the island.  JFC.

Clearly ARGUS employees take the prisoners to the toilet or provide them with a portable toilet which they likely slide through an opening and then remove the waste.

Did the "author" really think they have no means to allow the prisoners to eat and evacuate? NOPE, that article was written with ONE thing in mind.  To allow the author to find a reason to classify Oliver as a serial killer and Felicity as a mass murderer who torture prisoners given the  "author" referred to Slade as only his former friend instead of identifying Slade as the madman murderer that tried to destroy Star City with mirakuru laced army men and who also tried to kill Laurel, Felicity, and Thea in front of Oliver and who DID kill Moira, but okay whatever. 

Good grief, that wasn't even funny in a silly way. It was just dumb.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Im sorry your not TvLine or Buzzfeed or Hollywood Reporter yet I09 but anti-Arrow or anti-Olicity articles aren't going to get you to that league. Sorry not sorry. 

io9 used to be a decent site, but that changed last year when Gawker started falling apart. None of the original editors is still there and it's just trash now.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 7

12 Progressive Moments From TV In 2017 That Deserve A Standing Ovation
By  ALLYSON KOERNER   December 28, 2017
https://www.bustle.com/p/12-progressive-moments-from-tv-in-2017-that-deserve-a-standing-ovation-7543098

10. The Ray & Citizen Cold — Crisis On Earth-X
During the major CW/DC Comics crossover between Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow, Russell Tovey and Wentworth Miller played two openly gay characters — superheroes —  in love. What makes this all the more wonderful is that both Tovey and Miller are both openly gay actors. This isn't something you normally see on television, so it's obviously wonderful that they were both given this opportunity. It also goes to show that anyone can be a superhero. A hero isn't defined by who they love.

1. Domestic Abuse — Big Little Lies
2. Bisexuality — Jane The Virgin
3. Mental Health — Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
4. Sexual Assault — Broadchurch
5. Women & Feminism — The Handmaid's Tale
6. Ageism — Feud
7. Steve's Development  — Stranger Things
8. Rosa's Coming Out —
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9. Grief — This Is Us
10. The Ray & Citizen Cold — Crisis On Earth-X
11. Tracy Tutor Maltas —
Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles
12. Shattering The Crack — The Keepers

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Warning: article contains spoilers for tv shows, movies, and comics...

Rest In Pieces: 15 Superheroes We Lost In 2017
December 30, 2017 by Brian Cronin
https://www.cbr.com/superheroes-we-lost-in-2017/

2. MARTIN STEIN (NOVEMBER 28, 2017)
After the Particle Accelerator exploded, Professor Martin Stein found himself bound with Ronnie Raymond as the new being known as Firestorm. Ronnie was later killed in battle and Martin ended up re-bonding with Jefferson Jackson to form Firestorm once again. When given the opportunity to join up with the time-traveling Legends of Tomorrow, Stein was so excited to join that he even knocked Jackson out so that he would not prevent them from joining.

Eventually, though, Stein wished that he could quit to spend more time with his family. He began to develop a way to separate himself from Jefferson. During their battle with the invading villains from Earth X, Stein was fatally wounded. Jackson merged with him to keep him alive, but it was instead slowly killing Jackson, as well. So Stein took the serum, severing their bond and killing Stein in the process.

Edited by tv echo