Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Fair warning: on Reddit one poster stated he stopped watching Legends after Season 1, but he just happened to leave this on after Flash and loved it so much he's going back to watch Seasons 2 and what's aired of 3. So you might end up with one more show to keep up with....

I've been rewatching the show on Netflix, and yeah, season one was pretty rough.  There were good episodes - the Russia two-parter in the first half is still a favorite - but overall Vandal Savage and the Hawks just dragged it down so much.  It seems like it wasn't until season two that they really figured it out, and just embraced the insanity.  :)

• Love 4

When it comes to LoT, I think season 1 had some good stuff in in, and did a good job building up a lot of the characters that we have now and their relationships, but it was pretty rough, and the drama with the Hawks and Savage never really landed. It was convoluted, boring, and the actors involved weren't very well cast. However, smartly, they decided to get rid of all of that at the end of the season and just embraced the comic book wackiness, and its been great ever since. You dont need to watch the first two seasons of enjoy LoT (all you really need to know is that its a time traveling super team who fix time problems and fight monsters, magic, aliens, and all kinds of weird stuff) in its 3rd season, but I would recommend it. Both because it gives more context to whats happening now, its also just a fun ride. 

• Love 3

Yeah, season two is when Legends fully became fun but season one did have some good stuff.  I almost want to tell people to watch season two until they fall in love and then pause, go watch season 1 and continue on from there, lol.  

• Love 6

l think LoT is the most fun of the four shows.  But it doesn't grab me like a good Arrow episode does.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

"He is the ultimate hero," Gonzalez says. "The dignity, strength and ability to run the country the way he did for 8 years, and the ability to become president prior to that, understanding that no one in Capitol Hill wanted to see a black man president... that, to me, is a real world superhero."
"If we’re going to do a comic book TV show, then we still can’t be afraid to touch the layer of truth that’s happening in our world and even go to the past and revisit some of those ugly moments that we might not be comfortable speaking about," Gonzalez says. "We can use art to open up a discussion, heal, help and just have a dialogue." 

This makes me like RG more, although it's somewhat overly simplistic.  Don't put him in charge of the BLM episode.

• Love 3

I saw some clips on Youtube and you guys weren't kidding, the kid playing baby Ray is too precious for words. The scene with big Ray, little Ray and the baby Dominator rocking out to Singin' in the Rain is da bomb.

Also, the actress they got for Zari is good.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

l think LoT is the most fun of the four shows.  But it doesn't grab me like a good Arrow episode does.

I can agree with that.  I'll never spend the kind of time on LoT that I do with Arrow.  I find LoT frequently is more a pure enjoyment when it's on, there's so little baggage for me with it.  It's usually fun but when it's off, I don't get super upset.  Arrow, on the other hand, good or bad, I'm completely invested in iit. It makes the lows awful and highs dizzying.  Now that we are getting good stuff on Arrow again, I'm back to looking forward to it each week, but there were long stretches in season 5 I dreaded tuning in to watch Arrow.  (Thank goodness for the live posting thread to ease that pain)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

OK, now I gotta watch this episode. LOT is something I can just jump right in, right? I mean, I know most of the characters.

If you're a Ray fan and have a general idea of who is who in the cast, you'll enjoy the ep! 

I adored that episode! For me it was right up there with The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I can agree with that.  I'll never spend the kind of time on LoT that I do with Arrow.  I find LoT frequently is more a pure enjoyment when it's on, there's so little baggage for me with it.  It's usually fun but when it's off, I don't get super upset.  Arrow, on the other hand, good or bad, I'm completely invested in iit. It makes the lows awful and highs dizzying.  Now that we are getting good stuff on Arrow again, I'm back to looking forward to it each week, but there were long stretches in season 5 I dreaded tuning in to watch Arrow.  (Thank goodness for the live posting thread to ease that pain)

I agree with this mostly,  but season 2 I was heavily invested in anything regarding Sara.   I care so much about her as a character that I was on pins and needles.   I usually feel that way about Arrow more but last season delivered such lack luster plots for Felicity and Thea that Sara and her issues ended up being more important to me. 

• Love 5

I don't watch Riverdale, but - really?...

Batman Referenced On 'Riverdale'
by Russ Burlingame | November 1, 2017
http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/11/02/riverdale-jughead-batman/

In tonight's episode, the Black Hood serial killer sent Betty Cooper a note, along with a key to translate it. According to the note, only she could figure it out -- but that did not stop her from recruiting help in the form of several friends she hoped could speed up the codebreaking process.

Jughead Jones and Toni Topaz teamed up to figure it out at Southside High, and as they were doing so, Jughead made a reference to the Black Hood's propensity for using Riverdale's newspaper to call attention to his crimes.

"You think he's narcissistic, or a Batman villain?" Jughead jokes.

The likely reference there is to The Riddler, one of Batman's best known villains (currently being portrayed by Cory Michael Smith on Gotham), whose calling card is creating elaborate riddles that allow Batman to predict and stop his crimes -- if he is smart enough.
In season 1 of Riverdale, Archie had comics, posters, and more referencing Superman, Batman, and other DC Comics heroes. In season 2, he has largely taken an interest in the Red Circle superheroes of Archie Comics.

Edited by tv echo

Exclusive: Get A Closer Look At Zari's 'Legends of Tomorrow' Totem
by Craig Byrne | October 31, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/31/exclusive-legends-of-tomorrow-image-get-a-closer-look-at-zaris-t/

The character of Zari Tomaz (Tala Ashe) was added to the cast of DC's Legends of Tomorrow last week, and with her came an item that has quite a history with comic book fans and fans of pop culture: her necklace or "totem" which calls back to the classic Secrets of Isis TV series.

ComicBook.com has been provided with an exclusive look the production art for the totem which can be seen on The CW TV series. The totem was designed by Ken Hawryliw with input by Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim.

"I was so excited," Guggenheim said of how he reacted when he first got a peek at the totem prop, which at first glance does resemble the item worn by actress Joanna Cameron on both her necklace and her tiara.

In the original TV series, Andrea Thomas would touch her amulet and call out for "oh mighty Isis" in order to change into the goddess and harness her power. The character made her major splash in DC Comics in 2006 as "Adrianna Tomaz" became Isis as part of the weekly comic book series 52. There, too, she had an amulet and was a female counterpoint to Black Adam. It should be noted that the Legends of Tomorrow character's full name was announced as Zari Adrianna Tomaz.

"Look: I make no secret of the fact that I loved the Shazam/Isis Hour from when I was growing up. It was very important to me that certain elements from the original Saturday morning show were reflected," Guggenheim stated at a Q&A last week.

In addition to the Shazam/Isis Hour, Isis and a version of her amulet were represented in the Smallville episode "Isis" where Lois Lane (Erica Durance) found herself possessed by the spirit of the goddess. Erica Cerra appeared briefly in that episode as Adrianna Tomaz.

legends-of-tomorrow-zari-totem-1047236.j 

Edited by tv echo

MONDAY
CW
8PM Supergirl $48,301
9PM Valor $34,264

TUESDAY
CW
8PM The Flash $65,709
9PM DC’s Legends of Tomorrow $43,483

WEDNESDAY
CW
8PM Riverdale $33,935
9PM Dynasty $38,171

THURSDAY
CW
8PM Supernatural $33,287
9PM Arrow $35,165

Friday
CW
8PM Crazy Ex-Girlfriend $15,465
9PM Jane the Virgin $21,360

UNSCHEDULED MIDSEASON
CW
Black Lightning $34,500
Life Sentence $38,500

TV Ad Prices

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tv-ad-prices-football-walking-dead-empire-1202602792/amp/

• Love 4

Looks like Agents of Shield has to get newbies for its s5 too

http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/02/agents-shield-season-5-spoilers-cast/

When last we left them, Coulson (Clark Gregg) & Co. were expecting to be arrested by government agents but instead were kidnapped by some shadowy figures — S.W.O.R.D., right? — before viewers picked up with Coulson sometime later in space. Now, the team will have to discover where they are and how to get home while the clock runs out on humanity.

But they won’t be alone! With season 5 heading to space, the show will be introducing a whole new world with new characters, so EW gathered intel and exclusive first looks as a primer for what’s ahead. Let’s meet some of the newbies, whom the team will meet in space.

Deke (Jeff Ward)
Deke is the ultimate survivor and roguish scavenger, the guy who can get people what they need, but at a price of his asking. With his sharp mind and quick wit, he is both a real asset in a tight spot and a hard man to trust.

Tess (Eve Harlow)
Tess is resourceful, striving to be self-sufficient in very desperate circumstances, but she has hung on to her hopes for a better future for herself and those closest to her. She is living proof that even in the toughest of times, good people will still fight for each other.

Flint (Coy Stewart)
Flint is a young man who’s been forced to grow up fast in a tough environment, but hasn’t lost his desire to make something of himself. When he crosses paths with our S.H.I.E.L.D. team, he just may get the chance to prove that he’s capable of big things. Fun fact: Flint is based on a character from Inhumans comics who has the ability to control rock and stone.

Grill (Pruitt Taylor Vince)
Grill is a gruff taskmaster, lording over those under his command with an unforgiving temperament. He has no illusions about the world he lives in and this makes him a man not easily fooled, or crossed.

Oh wow - can we get this gold standard of sexual chemistry in the crossovers pretty please?!?!?! If they don't slow down they're probably going to have some twins of their own pretty soon ;)

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 8

Press releases for week 7 of CW DCTV.

SUPERGIRL

"Wake Up” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

CHAD LOWE RETURNS TO DIRECT; BETTY BUCKLEY GUEST STARS — When Winn (Jeremy Jordan) and the team discover an alien ship has crash landed deep underwater beneath National City, Kara/Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) is called in to investigate. Meanwhile, Hank (David Harewood) attempts to bond with his father, Myr’nn (guest star Carl Lumbly). Samantha (Odette Annable), eager for some understanding of the changes she has been experiencing, looks to her estranged mother, Patricia Arias (guest star Betty Buckley), for answers. Chad Lowe directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas and Anna Musky-Goldwyn. (#307). Original airdate 11/20/2017.

Source: https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/11/supergirl-episode-307-wake-up-press.html

THE FLASH

“Therefore I Am” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

BARRY MEETS DEVOE — Barry (Grant Gustin) comes face to face with DeVoe (guest star Neil Sandilands). Devoe’s past is revealed through flashbacks. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) puts the final touches on the wedding, which is a week away. David McWhirter directed the episode written by Eric Wallace & Thomas Pound (#407). Original airdate 11/21/2017.

Source: https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/11/the-flash-episode-407-therefore-i-am.html

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

“Welcome to the Jungle” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

HEALING FROM THE PAST — With Sara (Caity Lotz) out of commission, the team finds a new Anachronism that leads them to the jungles of Vietnam and right in the middle of the war.  Ray (Brandon Routh), Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Zari (Tala Ashe) pose as journalists and trek through the jungle when they are lead to time-displaced Gorilla Grodd.  Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) run into someone Rory knows which give a glimpse into his past.  Victor Garber and Franz Drameh also star. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Tyron B. Carter (#307).  Original airdate 11/21/2017.

Source: https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/11/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-307-welcome.html

ARROW

“Thanksgiving” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

OLIVER AND FELICITY CELEBRATE THANKSGIVING WITH WILLIAM — Oliver (Stephen Amell) celebrates Thanksgiving with his family but the happy moment is interrupted. Meanwhile, Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) returns to wreak havoc on the holiday. Gord Verheul directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Speed Weed (#607).  Original airdate 11/23/2017.

Source: https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/11/arrow-episode-607-thanksgiving-press.html

Also confirmed that Supernatural will be airing a new episode on Thanksgiving.

• Love 1

So we had: 

Supergirl: Best of the season so far. 

The Flash: Continuing the upturn in quality of the season. 

LoT: Best of the season so far. 

Arrow: Best of the season so far. 

In my humble opinion, its been a great week for the Arrowverse. 

• Love 10

Not only does Felicity have her Helix storyline, but she's also building her own company, and is rebuilding her relationship with Oliver and making her own little family with William. Dare I say Felicity has the most storylines of any female character in DCTV (including Kara)? 

What a Queen! It's really something other shows (Flash mostly) can aspire to in terms of giving their female characters something to do...

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 9

I'm just here to say Tech-Support Oliver is something I don't normally associate with him: totes adorable.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy very much - I just don't think of the character as adorable the way that, say, Ray is adorable. But last night? Adorable.

• Love 8

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on New Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Big Little Lies, Flash, Walking Dead, Will & Grace and More
By Michael Ausiello / November 3 2017, 2:07 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/11/03/greys-anatomy-season-15-meredith-love-interest-new-doctor/

Question: Any scoop about Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost’s journey on The Flash? —Dani
Ausiello: That very stern message carved into Caitlin’s apartment door was left by Amunet, setting the stage for Katee Sackhoff’s debut in next week’s episode. “Katee is so amazing in the show,” raves co-showrunner Andrew Kreisberg. “The performance that she has brought to the character is so beyond anything you’d expect from her…. She is most definitely not playing [Battlestar’s] Starbuck.” As for the lighter part of the “Girls’ Night Out” outing, “I think it’s the first episode we’ve ever done where Barry doesn’t wear the suit,” Kreisberg ventures. “We started with the concept of, ‘Wouldn’t it be really funny if Barry goes for the bachelor party with the guys and Candice goes for a bachelorette party with the girls, and the guys end up having the worst night ever and the girls wind up saving the city?’ That was where we started from, and that’s where it ended up.”
♦ Blind Item: A popular drama on one of the Big 5 broadcast nets will stage a significant time jump at midseason.

Edited by tv echo

I finally got to watch the LOT episode with Gumball :) The special effects are bad but the baby Dominator is so cute. And so is Ray. His enthusiasm and optimism are infectious! Plus, he is such a hottie in a very PG way. I'd seen Mick falling in the preview and yet I still laughed during the episode. This is the first time I've seen Nate and I thought he was hilarious with his attempts to charm Mrs. Palmer. I liked Zari. I couldn't see any chem between Amaya and Nate I loved that Mick and Jax went with the professor to see his grandchild. And got sad that Victor Garber is leaving (but then again I also think he's way too good for the Arrowverse, I'm excited to see him on Broadway again). The men (and woman) in black doing "Singing in the Rain" was hilarious; big Ray, little Ray and Gumball singing along was adorable.

That said, this show is not for me. But I can see why you guys enjoy it a lot. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
optimism, not optimistic
  • Love 4

I watched Thor last night too... I want to know one thing... How can Thor be electrocuted considering he's the god of thunder/lightning? 

Other than that minor issue I had, I thought this movie was awesome. I liked it WAY more than Spiderman and even more than Civil War too. This is probably a top 3 MCU movie for me. The 80s theme was amazingly appropriate, the fight scene at the end quite frankly was picturesque, and the actors hit it out of the park. Loved Valkyrie and thought Jeff Goldblum was fantastic. 

This movie really stands out, tonally which I also appreciated too!

All in all, I loved it. And Thor's abs? yum.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I watched Thor last night too... I want to know one thing... How can Thor be electrocuted considering he's the god of thunder/lightning? 

That's the exact same thing I asked my friend. 

I loved getting to know the Hulk. Also

the Matt Damon cameo

5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I loved getting to know the Hulk. Also

Hide contents

the Matt Damon cameo

THAT CAMEO WAS AWESOME LMAO I totally wasn't expecting it!

The Hulk is very much like a toddler I've noticed. He throws tantrums when he isn't getting his way or is agitated and has a hard time grasping complicated issues. 

7 minutes ago, Trini said:

Besides the wedding planning happening on The Flash, has there been any lead up to the 4-part crossover on the other shows?

No. I think the most likely case is that it's probably going to happen in episode 7 of Arrow/LoT/SG... Towards the end maybe when they're all packing or leaving for Central City...

I don't see what more is needed to prepare for the crossovers considering the invitations and save the dates have already been handed out though.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Wenthworth is saying goodbye to the Arrowverse and filming his last episodes for LOT and Flash

ugh,  I used to love this thread,  now I just find it depressing. 

1 hour ago, WindofChange said:

No. I think the most likely case is that it's probably going to happen in episode 7 of Arrow/LoT/SG... Towards the end maybe when they're all packing or leaving for Central City...

I don't see what more is needed to prepare for the crossovers considering the invitations and save the dates have already been handed out though.

I was just wondering if anyone has mentioned the invite or wedding on the other shows. And I don't expect it on Supergirl or Arrow, but they could also mention Earth-X or that timeline on Flash or Legends. I agree that if anything it'll happen the week before the crossover. Although, I'm hoping Felicity gets to mention the bachelorette party on Arrow next week.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
Just now, Trini said:

I was just wondering if anyone has mentioned the invite or wedding on the other shows. And I don't expect it on Supergirl or Arrow, but they could also mention Earth-X or that timeline on Flash or Legends. I agree that if anything it'll happen the week before the crossover. Although, I'm hoping Felicity gets to mention the bachelorette party on Arrow next week.

I think it's possible Felicity will mention the bachelorette party when she comes back from CC to Starling in episode 5. I mean it makes sense that she would. Or maybe Oliver will explain her absence saying she's in CC.  

Agents of GEEK Podcast Episode 93
11/04/2017   Craig Wack & Tatiana Torres
http://agentsofgeekpodcast.com/wordpress/

-- Craig & Tatiana saw Thor: Ragnarok. They thought it was "a lot of fun" and "so much fun." Tatiana laughed out loud a couple of times. Craig thought it was good that Marvel recognized Chris Hemsworth's "comedic chops." He also thought this movie was superior to the previous two Thor movies. Apart from a few things, they didn't think the movie was a "standard Marvel movie," but was very much it's own movie. Tatiana said that there have been so many trailers for this movie that you'd think you've basically seen the whole movie from the trailers, but that's not the case; if you watch the movie, the trailers are edited out of context, so the movie itself is so much more than the trailers. They also talked about a lot of real spoilery stuff (including some surprise cameos, some serious moments, and the ending), which I won't mention here. But if you listen to the podcast and hear the spoilers, it'll just make you want to watch the movie even more. Craig & Tatiana also talked about how this movie is very different in tone from Spider Man: Homecoming (though, equally entertaining) and how it'll be very different in tone from Black Panther. They both plan to see Thor: Raganarok again.