Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Per producer interviews both ladies are getting a bit more depth to their storylines this year, and since the actresses seem cautiously hopeful, I'm doing the same. Really hoping for good things for all the ladies across the Verse. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

The Flash promo. 

I really liked the look and tone of the show with Iris doing the voice over.  I think I'm going to love that episode.  

If Iris is being realistic about Barry never coming back, that seems to rule out her not canceling the wedding plans out of faith he'd be back.  (Which had been my personal spec).  

Just now, Karlophe said:

Per producer interviews both ladies are getting a bit more depth to their storylines this year, and since the actresses seem cautiously hopeful, I'm doing the same. Really hoping for good things for all the ladies across the Verse. 

I sure hope so though I'm skeptical because I remember some big promises made about their characters last year as well.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm putting this here because I think Lucifer is a comic book show.

I'm sorry I just can't see Welling playing a charming/charismatic character, equal to Lucifer. 

Hmm, maybe not equal to Lucifer, but Dan isn't either (although I enjoyed KA a huge amount this season) Chloe values a lot of things that Lucifer does *not* represent and I guess this is their version of a ship stall for a while since Momalottle's scheming has ended for now. I never rated TW that much whenever I watched SV but I'm pleased for him. Lucifer is roughly equal with LOT as most improved show of 2016-17. Both had some rough S1 episodes and characters both threw out what didn't work and doubled down on what did and had a lot of fun with it.

6 hours ago, bijoux said:

Their Flash is adorable beyond words.

Because he's more like a TEENAGER and Peter Parker/Spidey, than Flash.

6 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Please be good please be good please be good.

Thoughts:  I love how Diana and the Amazons seem like such a central and big part of the story. Represent Wonder Woman!

Can we trade our Barry Allen for this one? Cause he's adorbs❤

Where is Superman??

Low expectations and with an Affleck Bruce/Bats who looks and sounds constipated, it won't come anywhere NEAR the AWESOMENESS that was Wonder Woman.

He's adorbs because he is acting more like Spidey!!??

6 hours ago, SleepDeprived said:

I'd like to know who I need to bribe to trade DCTV's Barry Allen for this one, too. He's super cute and adorable. And Ezra Miller's jawline is amazing.

I'm betting that the person Alfred is talking to at the end is Superman, back from the dead. Either that or it's the T-rex from Jurassic Park.

water.gif

See my comments above!?

Based on the fact Alfred didn't look surprised and the whole world thinks Supes is dead, could be GL.

6 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I am surprised by how much I like Ezra as Barry. But I'm still not enthused about JL and likely won't see it. I've read spec that Alfred is talking to Green Lantern. 

I admit, I'm pissed he's not their contemporary and a "youngin'" so that's probably blinding me. Shoulda been cast as Bart.

Also that's some really insulting revisionist bullshit in that voiceover about how much Supes was appreciated and loved.?????

• Love 1
(edited)

In Marvel News we got confirmation that Janet Van Dyne (Original Wasp) is in the Antman and Wasp movie and she will be played by Michelle Pfeiffer

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-original-wasp-janet-van-dyne

Lawrence Fishburne will also be in the movie as Dr. Ben Foster (original Giant Man).

The Captain Marvel movie will be set in the 90s with Samuel L Jackson reprising the role of Fury. Capt Marvel will be fighting the Skrull (and can I say how excited I am to finally have some Skrull in the MCU?!)

I love the concept art for her costume

Screenshot_20170723-014221.png

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Legends of Tomorrow officially wins the comic con trailer awards just for the titanic joke alone???

I love it.  I've missed this show. :)

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Final bit of Marvel news, we have a new trailer for Thor Ragnorok which actually looks really good.

This movie looks insane, but in the lots of fun way. :)

• Love 4
Just now, calliope1975 said:

His other son was sporting a Black Panther mask so, clearly, the Schreiber/Watts' family has excellent taste. 

Wow, it's a Marvel vs DC household. I can just picture the dinner time squabbles.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm ambivalent about the Justice League trailer. I love Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. I can't stand Ben Affleck's Batman. I miss Superman. How can you have a Justice League movie without Superman?

Back to DCTV at SDCC, the following EW article also includes a video interview with The Flash cast (go to article to watch)...

The Flash casts The 100 alum as The Thinker, adds Danny Trejo
NATALIE ABRAMS JULY 22, 2017
http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/flash-comic-con-season-4-spoilers/

The Flash has found its Thinker.

The 100 alum Neil Sandilands will play DC villain Clifford Devoe, a.k.a. The Thinker, a metahuman with a mega mind who embarks on a season-long battle with The Flash. A true genius, he’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity.

“This year, with three speedsters in a row that we did, we wanted to change it up,” EP Todd Helbing said at Comic-Con Saturday. “The way we’re explaining it is the fastest man alive versus the fastest mind alive. A big thing this year is we’re really trying to lighten the tone a little bit. Last year it got pretty dark and we want to get back to the jokes.”

But he’s not the only one Team Flash will have to deal with next season. Danny Trejo (Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sons of Anarchy) has signed on to play the role of Breacher, a feared bounty hunter from Earth-19 and the imposing father to inter-dimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy (Jessica Camacho). His mission is to prevent any inter-dimensional traveler from threatening life on his planet — especially his daughter’s. In other words, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is in trouble!

Kim Engelbrecht (Dominion, Eye in the Sky) has also joined the cast as DC character The Mechanic, a highly intelligent engineer who designs devices for Devoe. As Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true believers who’ll stop at nothing to help him implement his plan to fix humanity.
“Iris is devastated that he’s gone into the Speed Force and they didn’t really have a discussion about it,” Candice Patton said. “We pick up season 4, Iris has focused her energy on being the leader of Team Flash. She steps up and leads the team, which is really, really cool.”

While spoilers on how Barry will get out of the Speed Force were scarce, Patton revealed that Iris will help Barry escape. “Yeah, to a degree,” Patton said. “I’d say so. Yes, she does. She’s boss lady in Team Flash now, so she’s an active participant in getting her man out of the Speed Force.”
And while you can spy Caitlin in the new trailer above, Panabaker is keeping mum on what’s next for Caitlin and her alter ego, Killer Frost, next season. “But who did you see?” she said coyly, telling the crowd that those who love Caitlin and those who love Killer Frost will both be delighted by next season.

Edited by tv echo
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Also that's some really insulting revisionist bullshit in that voiceover about how much Supes was appreciated and loved.?????

Yeah, I have a strong feeling that when Superman's resurrected he's going to come back and suddenly be the lighthearted, warm, happy Superman that people actually wanted him to be. It'll be a totally different character Henry Cavill is playing (closer to the right one).

• Love 2
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Technically it's not revisionist since Supes was loved and revered, but just not by everyone.  Once he's dead, his haters probably went quiet.   I have also have hopes that Supes fighting 'til his 'death' also convinced his detractors of his pure intentions so that yeah, when he comes back, he might be able to come back a more universally appreciated and loved hero.   

• Love 1

From Seat42F's video of MG's press roundtable interview (posted in New Spoilers thread)...

-- MG: "It remains a very high priority for me to have Megalyn on Legends, uh, so that her iteration of Vixen can interact with Maisie Richardson's iteration of Vixen. That's definitely on my, you know, creative bucket list, for sure."

• Love 1

The LoT trailer looks great, just what I would expect. I'm still crossing my fingers for a Rip/Sara thing, even if he isn't around as much. 

The Flash trailer could be a step in the right direction, but I'm not holding my breath. It's super weird seeing the JL trailer with Barry being played by a different actor, but with this Barry's personality and backstory. At least, the better aspects of his personality.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Technically it's not revisionist since Supes was loved and revered, but just not by everyone.  Once he's dead, his haters probably went quiet.   I have also have hopes that Supes fighting 'til his 'death' also convinced his detractors of his pure intentions so that yeah, when he comes back, he might be able to come back a more universally appreciated and loved hero.   

I get what you're saying, but what I saw in both movies was that those that loved him were a very small minority. So that voiceover sounded like he had a LOT of people who loved him and looked up to him, so wouldn't have faith in that constipated murdering psycho that's supposed to be Batman, and the others.

And that just wasn't the case.

Yeah, still pissed and bitter at how both Cavill and Supes were FUCKED Over. ??

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I get what you're saying, but what I saw in both movies was that those that loved him were a very small minority. So that voiceover sounded like he had a LOT of people who loved him and looked up to him, so wouldn't have faith in that constipated murdering psycho that's supposed to be Batman, and the others.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I tend to think it was the opposite, that those opposed to him were a very vocal minority but because of his near unstoppable power, their voices were being allowed to be amplified.  Still, I think we agree that Supes got the short end of the stick in his last movie.  They could have done so much better for the character.  

• Love 8
(edited)

You can see the evil Nazi versions of Green Arrow, Flash and Supergirl in this trailer...

Freedom Fighters | The Ray Comic-Con® 2017 Trailer | CW Seed
Published on Jul 22, 2017, by CW Seed

Arrowverse: 4 biggest moments from the new Comic-Con trailers
CHANCELLORAGARD JULY 22, 2017 
http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/arrow-flash-legends-supergirl-comic-con-trailers

‘The Flash’: Caitlin is back on Team Flash?
Arrow’: Slade made it off the island! 
Supergirl’: ‘Kara Danvers was a mistake’
‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’: A great evil is coming…

Edited by tv echo

I don't follow the logic of the dudes in charge of EarthX creating a group of costumed fighters to go after the other costumed fighters. Wouldn't they more logically just stick them in modified normal uniforms?  Why would their archer wear a hood when it could get in his line of sight?  Why is he trying to hide his identity if he's not hiding from the authorities?  Same for Flash.  Why the mask?  I don't think they thought it through very logically.  

• Love 4
(edited)

DC’s ‘Legends Of Tomorrow’ At Comic-Con: Neal McDonough Upped To Regular For Season 3, Arthur Darvill & Wentworth Miller Return As Recurring, Watch Trailer
by Denise Petski  July 22, 2017 4:40pm
http://deadline.com/2017/07/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-neal-mcdonough-series-regular-season-3-arthur-darvill-wentworth-miller-recur-1202133785/ 

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is setting its cast for the upcoming third season. Neal McDonough will return as a series regular in the CW/WBTV series, upped from his recent recurring role as the smug Damien Dahrk, and Arthur Darvill and Wentworth Miller will be back in the recurring roles of Rip Hunter and Captain Cold, respectively. The news was announced during WBTV’s presentation today at San Diego Comic-Con.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think they thought it through very logically.

Yeah, I feel like that's the biggest problem I usually have with stories like this.  Like, the whole world is vastly different and all the heroes are evil, but they somehow still look recognizably like themselves.  Then again, I'm kind of over the whole "any hero could be an evil fascist, given the right circumstances" type stories, so I'd probably find it stupid, either way.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't follow the logic of the dudes in charge of EarthX creating a group of costumed fighters to go after the other costumed fighters. Wouldn't they more logically just stick them in modified normal uniforms?  Why would their archer wear a hood when it could get in his line of sight?  Why is he trying to hide his identity if he's not hiding from the authorities?  Same for Flash.  Why the mask?  I don't think they thought it through very logically.  

Bringing to much logic into a comic book show is just asking for trouble and disappointment. 

6 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Bummer :(  Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and Young Justice are all being taken off Netflix August 1.

http://uproxx.com/tv/netflix-august-2017/

I've watched all of them all the way through twice, but still. :(   I'm guessing they're going to that special DC All Access thing that the new season of Young Justice is going to be on.

Oh the bright side, Amazon has dropped the price of their digital seasons from the last time I looked.  I may have possibly spent more than was wise.  *wince*

I did manage to resist buying the Lois & Clark seasons, which are about half of what they were last time I checked, but still.  

12 hours ago, tv echo said:

DC’s ‘Legends Of Tomorrow’ At Comic-Con: Neal McDonough Upped To Regular For Season 3, Arthur Darvill & Wentworth Miller Return As Recurring, Watch Trailer
by Denise Petski  July 22, 2017 4:40pm
http://deadline.com/2017/07/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-neal-mcdonough-series-regular-season-3-arthur-darvill-wentworth-miller-recur-1202133785/ 

I can't wrap my head around how they are planning to use Neal McDonough.  Technically he wouldn't remember any of them from season two so he could once again try to take over the world.  Really curious what they plan to do with him.  Is he LoT's Malcolm Merlyn?  Are we going to find out that Sara had a secret daddy?

(edited)

He didn’t consult her. It was a snap decision, and so I think, when and if he comes out, that’s a conversation that they need to have about communication. As iconic as they are, Barry and Iris still have issues, and they desperately need to work this out before they walk down the aisle. And so that’s something that I think we’ll delve into this season.

— Candice Patton on Iris’ reaction to Barry “if” he gets out of the Speedforce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfHbRWArZB0

Is it me or does this sound a LOT like the issues Olicity went through in season 4? Also the show has to really properly treat this arc because the CB fandom is full of misogynists who would really roast her for being angry at Barry for doing something unselfish/heroic. I see where Iris is coming from in this - but the show should tread lightly.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Is it me or does this sound a LOT like the issues Olicity went through in season 4? Also the show has to really properly treat this arc because the CB fandom is full of misogynists who would really roast her for being angry at Barry for doing something unselfish/heroic. I see where Iris is coming from in this - but the show should tread lightly.

Eh. I have a strong feeling whatever "issues" she's talking about will be something that lasts one episode, if that. The Flash does not like their interpersonal conflicts to go on for too long. I bet when she says conversation, she really does mean like one conversation in the episode after he gets back. Plus, in other interviews they were talking about their upcoming wedding, so I bet this is a minor thing.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't follow Flash news but does anyone know if Flash is getting the hideous crossover wedding????

There's been more talk about an Olicity wedding definitely happening than a Westallen one this year. Judging from what I saw they've been pretty coy about the wedding and tbh that to me isn't a good sign. I definitely don't think they'll be getting married this year and I feel like that relationship will go through its issues this year just like most TV Relationships do. 

23 minutes ago, AutisticSpoonie said:

It seems like the Supergirl cast and fandom are trying to tear each other apart, Melissa threatening to sue fans, fans slut shaming Melissa. This show is going to have no audience left by the end of season 3. 

Omg seriously???

What the hell happened?

(edited)

Includes nutshell recaps of panels and press rooms for the DC superhero shows...

Saturday at SDCC 2017: DC, Riverdale, Lucifer, Magicians, and More
JULY 23, 2017 by ERIN
http://fangirlish.com/saturday-at-sdcc-2017-dc-riverdale-lucifer-magicians-and-more/

More is revealed for ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ season 3 at SDCC!
JULY 23, 2017 by CHARLES
http://ede.a59.myftpupload.com/revealed-legends-tomorrow-season-3-sdcc/

Edited by tv echo
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't follow Flash news but does anyone know if Flash is getting the hideous crossover wedding????

I'll be thrill if it can be fobbed off to them so we're not stuck with it. 

No confirmation that it's going to be in the crossover; but the producer has said that their relationship will progress. I'm guessing the wedding is in the back half of the season.

I don't think a wedding in the crossover is 'hideous'; it would be great to have all the casts together for a happy event! And logistically speaking, it'd be easier to do it then.

• Love 3