Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

@GHScorpiosRule I saw a flashppoint cartoon where there was an Iris so I'm sure that was Barry. He seemed reasonably similar to Grant G's Barry. Although that cartoon Iris was white which confused me. 

Anyway I'll take your word for it since you're the comics guru! Trying to explain comics to me is like me trying to teach my bestfriend how to cook. It's not worth the effort!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@GHScorpiosRule I saw a flashppoint cartoon where there was an Iris so I'm sure that was Barry. He seemed reasonably similar to Grant G's Barry. Although that cartoon Iris was white which confused me. 

Anyway I'll take your word for it since you're the comics guru! Trying to explain comics to me is like me trying to teach my bestfriend how to cook. It's not worth the effort!

You're talking about Flashpoint Paradox animated movie

Flashpoint really should've been saved for the big crossover

Ooh we've seen that! We went and watched a bunch of the cartoon movies together!

That's the one with the evil versions of them right?

I liked the angry Robin movie too (Damien Wayne I think it was). I like all the Robins but I was surprised I liked angry Robin since I'm not normally into angry people. 

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ah! My bad for not clarifying/including the straight to home movies! Yes, Flashpoint was Barry-and Doom's Flash, was also Barry (because Wally had been killed in the comics; also why Wally in Young Justice was "killed" and sucked into the Speed Force. I'm hoping the new season will RECTIFY that bit of nonsense). 

I am, by no means, a comics guru!?All my knowledge comes from Bruce Timm's animated universe and when something pisses me off or makes no sense-I have friends who ARE comics gurus and who fill me in. That stupid Flashpoint movie was made to usher in the FAKAKTA HORRID HORRID NEW 52, as was the comic/graphic novel.????

My understanding is that the CW, changed the race of the Wests, for the show, because I don't think they were changed in the comics. But since I don't read them, only a handful of JL and Bats and Supes PRE-52, I don't know what is what.

Even half a season has problems though.  Both MM in s1 and Chase in s5 didn't ramp up until after the Christmas break (Prometheus reveal was in 5x15) and it still felt too long.

I don't envy them having to solve that problem.

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

My understanding is that the CW, changed the race of the Wests, for the show, because I don't think they were changed in the comics. But since I don't read them, only a handful of JL and Bats and Supes PRE-52, I don't know what is what.

Ding ding ding. And now we have 2 Wally Wests in the comics so they can keep OG Wally and black New52 Wally.

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ooh we've seen that! We went and watched a bunch of the cartoon movies together!

That's the one with the evil versions of them right?

I liked the angry Robin movie too (Damien Wayne I think it was). I like all the Robins but I was surprised I liked angry Robin since I'm not normally into angry people. 

And I loathed "The Son of Batman," because he was a spoiled little shit, and was conceived by Talia ruffieng (drugging ) Bats. Or as I like to call a Spade a Spade-he's the result of Talia raping Bats.?

Give me Dick or Tim any day over Damien.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I liked Chris Hemsworth in the Star Trek movie and I thought he was hilarious as the himbo in the Ghost Busters remake.  I'd rate his acting ability above Hunnam'.

And from the shallow end of the pool, sooooo much prettier!!

57 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@GHScorpiosRule 

*backs away looking slightly scared*

??

Don't be afraid. @GHSCORPIOSRULE merely is very passionate when expressing opinion.  She's a good egg.  :)  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

@GHScorpiosRule 

*backs away looking slightly scared*

??

I adore you!  But Damien is really the shit bird of the Batfamily.   I'm sure I see what the writers were trying to do,  but it didn't work.   It especially doesn't help that during his initial appearances he stabs my precious baby Tim and nearly kills him because he felt more entitled to the title because he was the "real" son. 

He gets civilians killed,  attacks the entire family,  dismisses Steph because he'd rather work with Cassandra Cain, but then insults Cassie.   They attempt to humanize him a bit in Batgirl and some of Batman and Robin but even when the other characters sympathize,  I can't.   If Barbara Gordon can't find the good in someone,  I'm out. 

That being said,  I don't mind that they borrowed Wally's traits for Barry Allen.   Partly because I'm not a huge Flash fan.   But also because I don't think that the Flash would have gotten picked up if Barry was already some seasoned hero and gruff and such.   They already had that with Arrow,  they had to do something different. 

• Love 2

Haha you guys sound like me after my bestie asks me if she can use margarine to make short bread instead of butter so she doesn't need to soften the butter. I get it, I really do!!!!! 

In my defense the angry Robin jumped onto this dance game in one of the movies and he was funny. It was a decent movie (the one with Raven)! Plus I know nothing about angry Robin other than that his grandpa is evil Ra's (again I got this from the same movie) and that he's angry.

Hehe I will stop now! 

(edited)

I did not watch the Flash episode last night, but it featured a guest appearance by Lyla and a text cameo by Felicity...

The Flash Recap With Spoilers: Infantino Street
Adam Barnhardt- 05/16/2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/16/flash-recap-infantino-street/

That Felicity text cameo was apparently enough to trend #Smoak in Canada...

Vulture is critical of the treatment of Iris, but still gives this episode a glowing review...

The Flash Recap: Stay With Me
By Angelica Jade Bastién  May 17, 2017
http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/the-flash-recap-season-2-episode-22.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

MG said that The Flash got free pop because they have a 1 rating, and Arrow could have free pop when they hit 1 too (conveniently forgetting that it had 1 for years till the writing screwed it up).  That was his only criteria.

• Love 3

New CW schedule!

Monday
8 p.m. — Supergirl
10 p.m. — Valor

Tuesday
8 p.m. — The Flash
9 p.m. — DC'S Legends of Tomorrow

Wednesday
8 p.m.— Riverdale
9 p.m. — Dynasty

Thursday
8 p.m. — Supernatural
9 p.m. — Arrow

Friday
8 p.m. — Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
9 p.m. — Jane the Virgin

(edited)

Arrow is going to air against This is Us, Scandal, and Seth MacFarlane's new show on Fox. And Thursday nigh football on CBS in the fall.

Breaking up the superhero block is going to make the 4 way crossover interesting, momentum-wise.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

Well, shit on the Arrow front. I wanted Riverdale moved, but I didn't want Arrow to replace it. Also, Jane being moved to Fridays? Well, luckily I stopped watching Jane. But I honestly was hoping for a four night DC superhero block. Why couldn't they have moved The Flash to Thursdays at 9 and kept Arrow on Wednesdays at 8? 

But Arrow will be closing out the crossovers, at least. And it's paired against Supernatural, so the network seems to have some faith. 

• Love 1

I wonder if they're gonna move things around when it's crossover time.  I could see them moving Legends to Wednesday, just for that week, so that they could still promote it as a four night event.  

I'm not sure how I feel about Arrow closing out the crossover.  Like, in the Invasion crossover, the Legends episode was by far the most crossover-y of the bunch, in part because it had to be the episode where everything was wrapped up.  Arrow, on the other hand, got something that could have just been an episode of Arrow (plus that one scene of Supergirl and Flash beating the hell out of some lady).  So, basically, I don't know that closing it out is necessarily a good thing.

2 minutes ago, yellowfred said:

Arrow, on the other hand, got something that could have just been an episode of Arrow (plus that one scene of Supergirl and Flash beating the hell out of some lady).

I think it'll be all right since the only reason for this was because the crossover was Arrow's 100th.

• Love 1

LoT-related posts at https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/ on May 17...

mailboi asked:
Does the legends season 2 box set include all the invasion parts or just the legends one

I believe it includes the other Invasion episodes.

nothingwitharaccoon asked:
Jax was noticeably absent for the majority of "Moonshot." Did Franz have another commitment when that ep was being shot or did scenes of his wind up on the cutting room floor or something? Just seemed odd. I don't recall a cast member being pushed aside so much in an episode except when actor availability was an issue.

That episode came in VERY long.  Jax had a couple of scenes with a NASA employee, but because they existed separate from the rest of the plot, they ended up being cuttable in order for us to get the episode to time.  It sucks, but it’s part of trying to get the episodes to fit into a 42 minute box.

CL is working that pink hair! I wasn't sure about it at first but she looks good.

Why does MB look weird? Something's off. IDK.

Oh my.

i don't love the pink hair on Caity, but that's far and away better than the outfit she wore to Paleyfest.  

Considering Melissa basically wore pajamas at Paleyfest, I guess this is better, but I'm not crazy about it either.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

CL is working that pink hair! I wasn't sure about it at first but she looks good.

Why does MB look weird? Something's off. IDK.

Yeah it looks better than I thought it would - she is carrying it off, though I'm not a fan of the color.

It looks like maybe Melissa's darkened her hair? I'm not sure.  Something about the shade and/or the styling is making her look different.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't like the pink hair but, i would like to see what she looks like as a brunette. I do love her outfit and shoes, very nice.

MB looks cute with the brown hair and I love her dress.

Edited by Morrigan2575
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Arrow - TheFlash - Supergirl- Legends of Tomorrow crossover scheduled for November 2017.

UGH.  The worst crossover they ever did was the one that started on Arrow.

It also makes me think that it will probably only be Oliver carrying it through since Supergirl is a different Earth and logic suggests that they wouldn't be taking more than Oliver and some Flash characters (Barry and Cisco since they love him so much) there.

I don't like CL's hair color with that hairstyle..it's an original color and it doesn't go well with the classic, long waved hair imo. I could see it with a short cut. I like the outfit though.

Melissa's hair and make up make her look older than she is. Weird choice.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

UGH.  The worst crossover they ever did was the one that started on Arrow.

It also makes me think that it will probably only be Oliver carrying it through since Supergirl is a different Earth and logic suggests that they wouldn't be taking more than Oliver and some Flash characters (Barry and Cisco since they love him so much) there.

Felicity and Diggle have been in every crossover. I don't know why Arrow changing to a different night would change a crossover standard.

Also which crossover started with Arrow? It's always be Flash then Arrow hasn't it?

• Love 1