Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I'd imagine they want to keep whatever they're doing with Wells a surprise for the premiere since last time we saw him he was heading off to earth two with his daughter. Even with this whole Flashpoint thing they probably want to keep it mysterious because we might even end up with that version of Wells for the entire season...maybe? As for Caitlin I just think the writers don't care about her or can only give one woman a decent storyline per episode...so...(sometimes not even then, let's be honest). I actually liked The Flash trailer though despite that paragraph...

7 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I approve of the new Barry Allen and his Flash suit!

I was ambiguous until his, I'm gonna stop your right there. I'm in. That sold me.

• Love 1

Well if we lose Baby Sara, I won't be heartbroken, so long as they find a cute kid actor to play kid Connor. I just need Lyla & Dig to be together with a child. I'm impartial to the kid, so long as it is cute.

Glad someone is call BA a villain. Although it needs to be one of the good guys.

Love that LoT is going to be a greatest hits of the Flarrowverses. It looks the most promising of the 3, then again it had the least problems to come back from.

Watching the LoT trailer, I can say that I'd watch the Sara show, but the rest doesn't thrill me--I'm not a fan of ray guns.  I was pleased to see Callin Keith Rennie playing random bad guy.

I think Flashpoint will last one episode before being reversed.  I don't think they should go the anti-hero route with Barry, but it would be nice to see him deal with the repurcussions of his decisions.  

I'm sorry to tell you, but the Callum Keith Rennie footage was from an episode last season.  A lot of it was actually.  I was beginning to think it was all old footage intercut with footage of the updated Waverider set, until the Sara/Darhk scene happened.  Then there was some more new stuff after that.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Have you guys seen this?  It's a trailer for the new animated series Justice League Action.  Kevin Conroy is doing Batman's voice.  Any thoughts?  

http://deadline.com/2016/07/justice-league-action-dc-comics-based-cartoon-network-series-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-1201790494/

It's nice to hear those voices again. I have a thing for Conroy's. 

This is going to sound odd but it feels more 'cartoony' then the other Justice League series. I will probably check it out. I love those cartoons.

Now I just need them to do Gargoyles again. But they need Keith David and the Star Trek cast back. 

• Love 4

That's a bit mean. :) I don't watch the show, but I sympathize with the people who do. Although I am glad they will take Malcolm off our hands a bit. And he might even make sense there.

I figured the Hawks would show up again so I'm not going to be upset about that. It will most likely be for an episode or two since the EP's have said they didn't have a story for them to fit into this season's arc. 

I'm going to hope that the KC deal is for the statue or if Sara passes a picture of her and Laurel in her Waverider room and those count as KC appearances. That was the issue with Charmed, they couldn't use an likeness of SD and it looked weird when they could never show anymore pictures of their oldest sister. 

(edited)

I just finished watching a ton of Arrow cast interviews that were done at SDCC yesterday (videos all posted in the Spoilers thread). Regarding Flash affecting Arrow...

Several cast members confirmed that Flashpoint would affect Arrow.

WM said that Flashpoint would affect some Arrow characters more than other characters, and she specifically mentioned Felicity as being affected.  

And during the TV Guide Fan Favorites panel, DR mentioned that Flashpoint would affect Diggle's reality and his family in a personal, direct way.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
10 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Uuuuhhh, what's going on?

Seems like it's a mixture of DCCU Flash taunting, and commentary on him not defending Candice against racists? There's a lot going on in his mentions.

Edited by apinknightmare

Haha, earlier today I was talking about how gracious he was about the Justice League Ezra Miller Flash situation, and what a good job he does as a public figure. And...I still think he generally does a good job, but he probably should not have responded like this. I looked at his replies, and it was basically people complaining that he "noticed" the hubbub re: Ezra Miller and spoke about it, but hasn't ever said anything against the racist abuse Candice Patton receives. Which...those things are wildly unrelated and one of them received a lot of media publicity and the other didn't, but whatever, people are going to complain about things like that (or much, much less important things!) no matter what. He should have probably ignored, and really should not have quote-retweeted one such person whose tweet was pretty innocuous by internet standards.

I do feel bad for the actors. People compare characters (e.g. The Joker) even when the performances are years apart. We compared LL's Black Canary to SL's BC. DC's just setting up the actors to take crap by having the movie versions and the TV version. Not that that excuses people being garbage and actors reacting to that garbage. I truly love social media, but it can be the worst. 

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I do feel bad for the actors. People compare characters (e.g. The Joker) even when the performances are years apart. We compared LL's Black Canary to SL's BC. DC's just setting up the actors to take crap by having the movie versions and the TV version. Not that that excuses people being garbage and actors reacting to that garbage. I truly love social media, but it can be the worst. 

Oh, I do too. I thought GG's response to the DCCU Flash reveal was really great. It was his response to people this afternoon--who weren't being garbage to him about that, but about him NOT responding to abuse that his costar receives--that I thought was poorly considered.

ETA: He's making it worse and needs to log off now.

Edited by Carrie Ann

I think the pressure of the con and probably drinking on the plane home has affected GG.

Some people can't handle the stress of social media.....Someone force them off and force them to get a social media manager please >.< 

(edited)

I thought this was kind of funny.   

Sidenote: It's interesting that Instagram posts will automatically embed, but Twitter posts won't, not in mobile anyway.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

tumblr_oatjkiri7k1sacjtfo1_400.giftumblr_oatjkiri7k1sacjtfo2_400.gif

tumblr_oatjkiri7k1sacjtfo3_400.giftumblr_oatjkiri7k1sacjtfo4_400.gif

Of course she could be taking about Sara since the confusion between those two are a constant and the possibility of Sara going back to black, but since Mehcad also hopes to see KC in the crossover, ill take it as her refereeing to KC.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Of course she could be taking about Sara since the confusion between those two are a constant and the possibility of Sara going back to black, but since Mehcad also hopes to see KC in the crossover, ill take it as her refereeing to KC.

So, you think she's gonna be fully back to Black Canary by the 8th episode? 

Can I have some of what you're having? 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

So, you think she's gonna be fully back to Black Canary by the 8th episode? 

Can I have some of what you're having? 

Lol I never said I thought she was going back to Black Canary. Though she could easily be Black Canary in the Supergirl-verse.

Though some thought that this was the last we had seen of KC and look at where we're at now.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Lol I never said I thought she was going back to Black Canary. 

LOL, that's exactly what you wrote. Although from the EP's comments about the crossover, it's debatable whether anything's actually going to happen on Supergirl or whether Supergirl's just going to come over to the Flarrow shows. 

Assuming that she is talking about Katie since KC was Black Canary doesn't  automatically equal that I think KC is reverting back to the role by the crossover. I think Laurel in the flarrowverse isn't coming back, but do I think Dinah Laurel Lance appearing in Supergirl as BC? Totes.

4 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I thought this was kind of funny.   

Sidenote: It's interesting that Instagram posts will automatically embed, but Twitter posts won't, not in mobile anyway.

I didn't see either of Cavill's Superman movies, but this is downright awesome.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Did Neal McD also get the Flarrowverse contract if DD is joining Malcolm and Snart on the bad guys team? Or is Sara going to kill him in the first few episodes?

He could have just got a LOT contract. 

• Love 2

I honestly feel bad for Grant.   I wish people wouldn't attack him.   I don't think he's a racist and he's right, he's not an activist and isn't under any obligation to be one.  It's uncool behavior from twitter, per usual, and I can't blame him for snapping.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Did Neal McD also get the Flarrowverse contract if DD is joining Malcolm and Snart on the bad guys team? Or is Sara going to kill him in the first few episodes?

They said McD has a recurring contract with LOT.

(edited)

I feel bad for Grant too. If you saw him attempting to explain himself with that MTV critic earlier, it was just so awkward and cringeworthy. But I mostly felt bad for him, because he kept calling himself dumb and apologizing and deleting tweets and then trying to explain it again, just....yikes! And I could almost hear the panic in his voice as he was tweeting that stuff too, I know he really didn't want to offend anyone.

I think the notes explanation is mostly sweet though, because he says he wants to learn. And lately he's been retweeting a lot more political and social issue tweets, so the funny thing is I think it's true- I think he actually IS trying to learn, lol. And I don't think his comment was SO bad, given what he was responding to with those trolls. It was poorly worded, but he was just mad about being called racist I think, which of course he's not. His big mistake frankly, was getting into it with the trolls in the first place. NEVER a good move. If something random and weird is going on in your mentions, stay out of it and let it clear itself out. It always will.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 3

Trolls are BAD! Feel Bad for Grant :(

Masks at cons can be fun & useful. Nicely done Henry :)

And I think she was referring to the comic book version of BC, which has yet to grace the Flarrowverses. The closet we got was Canary.