Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

The comic strip for Flash next week... Apparently Caitlin said the Flash team didn't just know Laurel, they loved her....

Huh??????? 

I don't recall Caitlin exchanging 1 word with Laurel nor Barry........

LOLOLOL FANSERVICE LOLOLOL

They stood in the same room together once. Cisco and Laurel were like BFFs. Iris and Laurel never meet or breathed the same air but I'm sure they had some platonic-soulmatey-leading-lady stuff.

Edited by Chaser
This is too funny.
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

@wonderwall, you left out the best part of that preview comic!

Hide contents

They actually make BS say "Bye bye birdie" in reference to Laurel. 

That actually is pretty funny. I'll put the tweet under the cut if anyone is trying to avoid things.

Spoiler

• Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Delphi said:

But how does that person even know that Laurel Lance is dead?  Did they go check?   That doesn't even make sense. 

So beloved her death on E1 made the papers on E2. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 12
(edited)
28 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

But LOT has never gone below 0.7, correct? Wouldn't that be considered a good thing? That they've been consistent and not hemorrhaging viewers their first year? 

They did hemorrhage viewers their first year, 

101 - 3.21 million viewers

115 - 1.89 million viewers 

In 4 years Arrow has never dropped below 2 million. Right now in S1 LoT is barely beating an 11 year old show (tied in ratings and only getting 150-200k more viewers).

Are these horrible rarings by CW standards? No, not at all, it's still the 3rd highest show per week.  Are these good ratings given the rumored costs? No, not at all, IMO. However, the CW is willing to stick with it for some reason.  There's obviously something there, that's not available to the general public. 

I will say this, i love that i was right about Supergirl being in trouble waaaaaay back when. Getting shoved onto The CW counts as a cancellation in my book. So yay, I  got that right. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
(edited)
46 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

But LOT has never gone below 0.7, correct? Wouldn't that be considered a good thing? That they've been consistent and not hemorrhaging viewers their first year? 

I love your info header. I didn't know we could put gifs there.

43 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

So beloved her death on E1 made the papers in E2. 

She googled herself.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3

I see the 'tell not show' problem with Laurel has spread to The Flash. LOL. Apart from Cisco, none of them exchanged words with her, or shared scenes. Pretty surprised to learn they loved her. Huh. Side eyeing so hard.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I see the 'tell not show' problem with Laurel has spread to The Flash. LOL. Apart from Cisco, none of them exchanged words with her, or shared scenes. Pretty surprised to learn they loved her. Huh. Side eyeing so hard.

I bet a lot of people who watch the Flash who don't watch Arrow will be like "who's Laurel?" lol

• Love 8
(edited)

Seems like since Laurel is the one character that most likely could be brought back by the LP, time travel shenanigans, etc., and yet won't be, they're going to double down on how she was the bestest, most loved, bravestronglovedwithherwholeheart (tm Carly Corinthos.)

As long as she stays dead, I don't care if they build a statue of her and put it next to the Flash Museum. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 19
(edited)

They all became BFFs off screen during their stay at the farmhouse in 4x08, apparently. And they loved her so much they didn't show up at her funeral. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 13

I fully expected they were going to prop her, no surprise there. What I'm surprised about is the other line..I laughed out loud and just because I'm not a fan, LOL. If I was a fan I don't think I would appreciate. Maybe it will look better when she delivers it (oh God I'm putting faith in KC's acting skills I can't believe it) because on paper it seems mean.

I don't find it mean, I find it random and weird. She is quite gleeful that she is dead on that world. Maybe in context it will make sense.

I am curious if they will give her any backstory. Were Oliver and her a thing? Did Oliver's death push her into villain mode? Did her and Robert hook up in their grief? Did he dump her and she went villain? I'm assuming her life was determined by a man cause Laurel.

• Love 2
(edited)

After seeing "bye bye birdie" with pics/gifs of canaries/pigeons and other types of birds to celebrate her death I can't help but find it a dig, LOL.

She is a villain so it makes sense for her to make a snarky comment like that but maybe they could have used different words.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
30 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't find it mean, I find it random and weird. She is quite gleeful that she is dead on that world. Maybe in context it will make sense.

So far, nearly all the Earth-2 doppelgangers have hated and/or tried to kill their counterparts. So it fits.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Trini said:

So far, nearly all the Earth-2 doppelgangers have hated and/or tried to kill their counterparts. So it fits.

There can be only one.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, the Laurel love from the Flash guys... that's a stretch. To say the least.

Frankly, it's a stretch to me that any of them are really friends. I thought that in the last crossover episode. When they're standing in Oliver's living room, I'm thinking, no way do any of these people talk to each other regularly in offscreenville.

Even Barry and Felicity- I really don't buy that they interact outside those particular episodes.

But Laurel for sure, she didn't even know these guys! She had one little scene with Cisco last season.

Edited by ruby24
(edited)

Well, seeing as the Flash episode featuring Diggle had Barry actually say, out loud, that Felicity wasn't returning his calls, I think it's safe to say they interact a lot. They were friends before Barry and Oliver were.

Laurel, on the other hand, never interacted with any of them apart from Cisco. Caitlin saying they loved her is straight up weird.

Edited by Guest

I can definitely see Felicity/Barry being friends... They were really friendly in season 2, Felicity even stayed with him in the hospital while he was in a coma. She visited him when he got better, and it's actually canon that Barry and Felicity call each other (considering Barry told Diggle Felicity hasn't been picking up his phone calls). You can obviously tell they care about each other. 

I can see Barry/Oliver being friends because Barry seems to look up to Oliver. They seem friendly around one another, they support one another, and look out for one another.

Oliver/Barry/Felicity seem to have the strongest inter-show relationships.

I don't see Felicity being good friends with Cisco or Caitlin. They seem to have professional friendships. Same goes for Oliver/Cisco/Caitlin. 

Everyone else (Diggle/Thea/Laurel), I don't really see them having any sort of friendship with the flash crew. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Trini said:

Well, the bad ones. E2 Barry, Iris, Joe, and Harry, have been quite pleasant. 

• Love 1

Oliver/Barry/Felicity seem to have the strongest inter-show relationships.

I don't see Felicity being good friends with Cisco or Caitlin. They seem to have professional friendships. Same goes for Oliver/Cisco/Caitlin. 

Everyone else (Diggle/Thea/Laurel), I don't really see them having any sort of friendship with the flash crew. 

I agree that those three seem closest, but I do think Felicity is also pretty close to Cisco and Caitlin and seems to genuinely like Iris. She does hug both girls when they see each other and she's not someone who always does that. I also think with the amount of times Arrow uses "Cisco did it" as their go to excuse for tech, there's definitely communication between both teams and Felicity/Cisco seem the most likely combo for that. 

I have this headcanon that Diggle would like/respect Caitlin because she saved Lyla's life in the first crossover. And after teasing his hair and her nickname, I'd like more Cisco/Thea.

• Love 5

Yeah, I got the impression that Felicity were close with most of Team Flash, particularly Barry and Caitlin.  Felicity met Caitlin and Cisco when she visited Barry in the hospital - they seemed friendly around each other when she talked about Barry when she went to check with them to see what equipment Slade stole from Star labs.  Oliver had mentioned that she was spending a lot of time in Central City, so they might have hung out a lot back then.  If I remember right, I think Felicity talked to Caitlin on the phone a few times in show to see how the other was doing and they hug each other whenever they visit, so I think we're supposed to assume that Caitlin and Felicity are close.

• Love 4

Felicity and Caitlin talked to each other on the phone during S3/1. 

I'm hoping this Laurel love-fest/canonisation will be used to put to bed and chances of Resurrection/Timey-whimey saves/E2 doppleganger bringing back Laurel in any form to Arrow. It's the only way I can swallow it.

• Love 1

I am way more interested in seeing team Flashes reaction to Captain Colds "death" than Laurels. Barry gave him like three "I know you're a good guy deep down" speeches, and I certainly think he would have a reaction if he found out he died to save people. Plus Cisco has his flirty thing with Lisa Snart, and she will need to be told at some point, and I think there could be some good drama there. Makes more sense than everyone suddenly being best friends with laurel. I mean, I get them being sad (I know Cisco at least had some scenes with her), as she was a Good Guy and she died such a stupid, non heroic death, but not THAT sad.  

• Love 6

Saw Capt America Civil War today, it was really good. Had some philosophical differences with the airport fight, I thought communication should have been better. The timing of it just seemed forced for plot. Although that being said it was one helluva fight, so glad they did it.

Didn't appreciate some of the shaky cam, but overall it was good action flick. Didnt really feel like a superhero flick though. And oddly I figured out I don't particularly like Capt America, he's a little block headed for me.

Excited for Black Panther though, he was a really too addition.

Lastly, Peggy's

Spoiler

funeral was a lot harder to take emotionally

after Thurs cancellation. It felt a little too raw.

• Love 1
(edited)

Supergirl Moves To CW: Time For A TV Justice League?
Chris Hansell   May 14, 2016
http://culturedvultures.com/supergirl-moves-cw-time-tv-justice-league/

Arrow and The Flash are The CW’s two biggest shows. No question. In the era of the superhero blockbuster that’s probably not a surprise, but the world they’ve crafted for themselves has somehow won the hearts of casual fans and comic book fanatics alike. Arrow is all about brooding muscle man Oliver Queen, at this point probably the best version of Batman we’ve got easily to hand. Barry Allen as The Flash is the hero with a heart of gold. He’s somewhere between Spiderman and Superman, with a generous pinch of goofiness thrown in. When the two do their semi-regular cross over episodes it’s some of the network’s best viewing figures.
Look, I know Warner Bros are busy making their grey-brown Justice League feature film, but oh my god please no. I mean, when we think the Justice League we probably picture Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman standing together with hands on hips, but the Snyderverse just doesn’t feel optimistic enough for that. The idea of Supergirl, Arrow and The Flash hanging out and saving the world, on the other hand, is just too much for my small mind to ignore. The possibilities: who would they fight? How would they be around each other? Which supporting characters would talk to which other supporting characters?

Cynics who’ve seen too much of this world will likely be shaking their heads. “But Chris,” they’ll say, “there’s no way Warner Bros would allow the TV shows to have a Justice League – it would undermine their movie version.”
To this, I have a ready made rebuttal. The movies can have the name – with all the bad press and rumoured daily script rewrites, the Justice League movie is going to need all the help it can get. What would the television version be called? Well, we’d all know they’re the real Justice League, but they could easily sidestep the problem by calling themselves the Justice Society. Job done. You’re welcome, CW. I take PayPal.

Edited by tv echo

So after watching Captain America- Civil War, I have realized that in addition to sharing a reformed billionaire lifestyle and working through their parents' issues, Tony & Oliver also share one inalienable truth. They both make better choices when they together with their loves (Pepper/Felicity). When they are apart from them or at odds from them, they don't always make good choices. For the sake of the world, I feel like someone should pay to have a relationship counselor on retainer for both of them. It's not that they can't be heroic without them, T/O are just better heroes when they have P/F in their lives.

• Love 10

It's funny that you say so because I've always thought Oliver and Tony have more in common than Tony and Ray. Tony Stark is like a mixture of the two men.

I love Tony Stark!

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Password said:

It's funny that you say so because I've always thought Oliver and Tony have more in common than Tony and Ray. Tony Stark is like a mixture of the two men.

I love Tony Stark!

Ray only has the suit and that's really just a cheap knock off.

Edited by kismet
I love Tony Stark TOO! :)
  • Love 2

Arrow's S2 always gave me Ironman vibes which I appreciated waaaaay more than the Spiderman vibe I was getting in S1.

Count me in as another who doesn't really enjoy Captain America's character, (even though I like the actor a lot, he was my least favourite in Avengers for a long time...now it might have changed but I'm not sure yet). Tony is flawed but he pays for his flaws and mistakes and they come back to bite him, sometime years later, which is another thing in common with Oliver.

• Love 2

If they let OQ be funnier, we might even get closer to Ironman's humor. Of course, nobody is ever going to match RDJ's comedic delivery. But it would be nice for them to write a few more humor-infused moments in Arrow. Maybe this new trilogy can try for a little more Ironman and little less Batman. Although that might be blasphemy with the whole Marvel/DC thing.

• Love 4

This is surprising:

Harley Quinn Movie in the Works at Warner Bros. With Margot Robbie (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-movie-894486

Margot Robbie, who stars as the villainess in Suicide Squad, is attached to reprise the character and would also produce the untitled spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. 

But in an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC’s female heroes and villains.

Details are being closely guarded but names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey have surfaced, although in what capacity, it’s not clear. Warner Bros. isn’t commenting. 

There is also a scribe penning the script but those details, too, are being kept secret, although it is known that the writer is female.

• Love 2

The thought of doing a female Heroes & Villains sounds intriguing. It would be nice to see females get a little more foothold in the superhero movie market, I also think a movie with a lot of them is better than putting it all on one character's shoulders to carry the entire mantle. But per usual, writing and casting are going to be key. Margot Robbie does act well opposite females & males, so I think she is a good person to have in a female team-up. Sometimes, I find female-female writing is problematic, but also sometimes its the casting. Some female actors just don't do well opposite other females.

• Love 2

So I caught up with AoS this weekend, leading into tomorrow's finale.  I've been quite a bit behind.

I think I mentioned before that I was never on the Skye hate train before.  I can't say she was my favoritest character ever, but she didn't bother me most of the time.  But I don't know what it is during this last batch of episodes but she has been just totally getting on my nerves.  And I'm tired of Coulsen's favoritism of her.  At this point we could totally lose Coulson, Daisy, and Lincoln, and I would personally be thrilled.  However, we're probably going to lose someone I actually like. :(  After catching up, my bet is on Fitz, because this is a Whedon show, and Whedon shows don't allow happy couples for more than five minutes. 

• Love 1

Fitz dies and ill be fucking pissed. Him or Simmons dying or both dying  would be deal breakers for me. I'm really hoping Jed is not like his Bro Joss and he leaves Fitzsimmons alone 

• Love 1
(edited)

Little possible spoiler for AoS if it turns out right, but

Spoiler

IGN had an interview with Jed and Maurissa in which Jed referred to who died as "she," and the AD tweeted Ming-Na that she'll see her in July, so I think that that may significantly narrow the choices, if those things are anything to go on. 

so not too fond about how this is turning out myself, either.

Edited by way2interested
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Little possible spoiler for AoS if it turns out right, but

Hide contents

IGN had an interview with Jed and Maurissa in which Jed referred to who died as "she," and the AD tweeted Ming-Na that she'll see her in July, so I think that that may significantly narrow the choices, if those things are anything to go on. 

so not too fond about how this is turning out myself, either.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, that means 

Spoiler

it's a female character that's not May?  (Not that I want it to be May either.) Who does that leave us?  Bobbi's gone (for the time being), they're not likely to kill special snowflake Daisy.  That only leaves Simmons.  Wow.  That would be really upsetting.  

5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

So if I'm understanding you correctly, that means 

Hide contents

it's a female character that's not May?  (Not that I want it to be May either.) Who does that leave us?  Bobbi's gone (for the time being), they're not likely to kill special snowflake Daisy.  That only leaves Simmons.  Wow.  That would be really upsetting.  

Yep, my reasoning exactly. I'm not 100% standing by it, since all of this isn't exactly as incriminating as photo day for 419, but it is still something to think about.

(edited)

Given that Katie said this weekend that

Spoiler

she hoped Black Siren would be back

that seems to be the case.  If so, I wonder what happens

Spoiler

to her, since it doesn't seem like she filmed for the finale. Does she get sucked back up into E2, with the breaches closed, so it's Zoom vs. Team Flash?

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

Based on nothing but a guess, I expect Black Siren to be talked over to the good side by the end of her crossover episode on the Flash and then go home to inspire others to do better.  Off screen.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1