Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I guess it is real, Caity tweeted it too.

caity_zps1vkllrro.jpg

Is Sara being Lazarus pitted? I'd watch if Nyssa went over to the spinoff with her. 

Being all excited to see Caity's name I didn't even notice that Robbie Amell is not listed. So it's a show with one half of Firestorm and a dead woman?

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

I guess it is real, Caity tweeted it too.

caity_zps1vkllrro.jpg

Is Sara being Lazarus pitted? I'd watch if Nyssa went over to the spinoff with her.

I'm massively hesitant to trust these idiots again but for Sara/Nyssa I might suck it up. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

How's that going to work? If the show is taking place in the same Flash/Arrow universe doesn't that mean Sara's death is already canon?

Im going with some Flash time travel tinkering. Or maybe Sara never really came back?? The person we saw dead dead dead and dead was not really Sara but an imposter. I would hope for that because it would still keep the arrowverse grounded in reality sorta. I doubt theyd make her BC, but wasnt there other colored canaries? Im sure she can be reborn into another kickass hero/villian

Hey, the new show is going to require a lot of extra TLC. If Guggenheim's attention is drawn towards the new spin-off maybe they'll be forced to bring someone else (hopefully more competent and less asshatty) in to manage the veteran show. I'm loving this news. Please happen!

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 7

From the media thread:

If it's going to be a midseason like it says in the article, I would count on Ray hanging around Starling until January 2016.

They could ship him off to The Flash instead, or have him bounce between both.  There'd be no need for him to be full time on Arrow until the midseason started, he's not a regular now and I can't imagine they'd bother making him a regular just for part of S4.

• Love 3

Maybe Caity can play Lady Blackhawk that just coincidentally looks like Sara. 

Because one article says this 

Also known: The project, Deadline says, would feature three “major” DC Comics characters that have never appeared on a TV series. (Live action presumably being the qualifier there. http://tvline.com/2015/02/26/arrow-flash-team-up-spinoff-lotz-routh-wentworth-garber/
Edited by Sakura12

If it's going to be a midseason like it says in the article, I would count on Ray hanging around Starling until January 2016.

Wouldn't he need to be filming the mid season replacement show around the same time as Arrow S4? They might start filming a bit later than Arrow but not that much

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Im going with some Flash time travel tinkering. Or maybe Sara never really came back?? The person we saw dead dead dead and dead was not really Sara but an imposter. I would hope for that because it would still keep the arrowverse grounded in reality sorta. I doubt theyd make her BC, but wasnt there other colored canaries? Im sure she can be reborn into another kickass hero/villian

I'm going with Sara was somehow in Central City when the particle accelerator exploded and was cloned without her knowledge. Her clone is now a superhero herself.

• Love 2

Please, please, please make MG EP of the new spin-off. He is more interested in this type of thing and AK got the Oscars and Supergirl. It's his turn, anything to get him less focused on Arrow would be a positive for me at this point.

Happy for CL and I hope it gets picked up so BR can be where he is not a total mismatch (I just want him, and his suit off, Arrow), I also hope they they do send him to The Flash more in S4 since the the higher ratings will help the spin-off.

Depending on what they do with CL I might tune in

• Love 3

Interesting.  Caity Lotz being in this spin-off sure is something.  I can't see them trying to cast her as another character, so I have to think something will go down with Sara. If not the Lazarus Pit, I agree that it will probably involve The Flash somehow.  

Now, if they get Nyssa/Katrina Law in this and have her and Sara officially be a couple, then I would watch no matter how much they no doubt will try and shove Ray down my throat.

I do wonder why the article only mentions Victor Garber and not Robbie Amell.  Are they just waiting, or will they find a way to split them, and have Robbie stay over on The Flash with Caitlin.

Talk about mixed feelings. I love Caity Lotz and Sara, I'm totally willing to hand-wave a resurrection storyline. On the other hand, I wish desperately she was staying with Arrow and Katie Cassidy was moving over to the Superfriends show because I have zero interest in anything new these geniuses are producing. And it should say something that they feel like Caity Lotz is a safer bet to launch a show than Katie Cassidy. #youkilledthewrongsister

It would be fantastic if Guggenheim left to run the new show as I traced most of Arrow's glaring flaws back to him. It does seem exactly like the show he'd want to run and he leaves, I think that's a pretty good indication what he actually thought about Green Arrow. Arrow desperately needs some new creative blood.

• Love 3

Obviously the Sara that died was a shape-shifting White Martian!

Anyway, I'm glad to have her back. Victor Garber and Wentworth Miller are also excellent additions. Brandon Routh? Well... hopefully since Mark G has nothing to do with the show they will manage to make him not be such a bore. Robbie Amell will probably be announced next.

Now all we need is Katrina Law and Dominic Purcell to be cast.

My ideal cast: Caity Lotz, Katrina Law, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Victor Garber, Robbie Amell, and Paul Blackthorne. (And Brandon Routh since apparently he'll be in it anyway regardless.)

For this show to be good some simple things need to happen:

1. Keep Mark G away from the show.

2. Keep Laurel away from the show.

3. Give Ray a personality instead of being a bore as well as a stalker.

4. Make it a true ensemble. As it is, of the announced cast only Wentworth Miller has the chops for the lead character. As I doubt the will make Captain Cold the lead, making it a true ensemble is the way to go to play to everyone's strengths. Arrow's problem was trying to make a show about one particular hero into an ensemble show. This new show won't have that problem.

5. Don't forget to have a sense of humor. The show can be serious, but don't make it bleak.

I'm actually pretty excited for this. So, naturally, I fully expect them to announce Katie Cassidy next and kill my enthusiasm for it.

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 1

Logic fails.

What, how, huh?

Logic: "Yeah, neither of those other spin-off ideas/leading men [Firestorm/ATOM] are strong enough on their own, so let's put them together!"

OR

"We could have our own mini-Justice League on TV!"

• Love 1

Honestly, this spinoff announcement is the best "Arrow"-related news I've heard since before season 3 started. It gets Ray off "Arrow" and Caity Lotz gets to be badass on a weekly basis. 

I'm not saying I'm going to watch it, but maybe there's a chance "Arrow" can be salvaged if they refocus on Oliver Queen in season 4 while the EPs get the Justice League show they wanted all along.

• Love 8

Obviously the Sara that died was a shape-shifting White Martian!

Anyway, I'm glad to have her back. Victor Garber and Wentworth Miller are also excellent additions. Brandon Routh? Well... hopefully since Mark G has nothing to do with the show they will manage to make him not be such a bore. Robbie Amell will probably be announced next.

Now all we need is Katrina Law and Dominic Purcell to be cast.

My ideal cast: Caity Lotz, Katrina Law, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Victor Garber, Robbie Amell, and Paul Blackthorne. (And Brandon Routh since apparently he'll be in it anyway regardless.)

For this show to be good some simple things need to happen:

1. Keep Mark G away from the show.

2. Keep Laurel away from the show.

3. Give Ray a personality instead of being a bore as well as a stalker.

4. Make it a true ensemble. As it is, of the announced cast only Wentworth Miller has the chops for the lead character. As I doubt the will make Captain Cold the lead, making it a true ensemble is the way to go to play to everyone's strengths. Arrow's problem was trying to make a show about one particular hero into an ensemble show. This new show won't have that problem.

5. Don't forget to have a sense of humor. The show can be serious, but don't make it bleak.

I'm actually pretty excited for this. So, naturally, I fully expect them to announce Katie Cassidy next and kill my enthusiasm for it.

I want Sara resurrected and on Arrow while Laurel can leave lol

I'm happy for Caity. Is her inclusion do to the incredible fan response to the character and backlash to her death? The tone of her character is radically different than all of the others announced. I'm thinking maybe she wasn't originally supposed to be in there, and that she was supposed to stay dead so people would stop comparing her to Laurel. Or maybe that bringing her back, would erase the fact that she died just to advance Laurel's story and we would stop resenting Laurel if we got Sara back.

Or maybe (I hope) Greg B and Andrew K are simply bigger fans of Sara than Laurel. After all, I remember many interviews where they admitted to having trouble with the character. Whereas Mark G just insists everything is fine and insults you for suggesting otherwise.

I want Sara resurrected and on Arrow while Laurel can leave lol

But Mark G would still be there and simply crap all over her character. I'd rather Sara not be in his hands.

• Love 1

Also known: The project, Deadline says, would feature three “major” DC Comics characters that have never appeared on a TV series.

I'm going to guess that Green Lantern might be one of those 3 "major" characters. He's been teased enough times on Arrow to finally appear somewhere.

Don't know how I feel about this news, though. It's really weird but I welcome any news that tells me that Palmer will be off Arrow next season. And, yay, Caity's coming back!

• Love 1

I'm going to guess that Green Lantern might be one of those 3 "major" characters. He's been teased enough times on Arrow to finally appear somewhere.

Maybe those are the "other plans" MG was talking about when he mentioned that Diggle wouldn't be Green Lantern because DC wanted to do something else with him.

• Love 3

They did say they were bringing in 3 new characters that have never been live actioned before. Which is why I'll be cool with Caity playing Lady Blackhawk. They can just mention that she looks like Sara and move on. 

Because if Sara was resurrected, they just gave away a huge spoiler with that announcement. They could've just waited to announce CL's casting in that show after Arrow ended. 

Edited by Sakura12

I want her as Sara. Otherwise, whats the point?

I think it would be hilarious if they spoiled Arrow with this announcement. I stopped watching the show a few weeks back when Oliver returned to Starling City. For much of the season it felt like the show was insulting my intelligence.

With all of the criticism this season has gotten, maybe they announced the spin-off early to get some good press.

Bring Paul Blackthorne in on this. Lance deserves better than what he has to put up with on Arrow, and this way he can be reunited with Sara.

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 2

As others have said, this could be really good or really bad. I'd love to ship MG off, but who know's who we'd get in return. It does seem to indicate TIIC realize how bloated these shows are becoming but still doesn't account for the shitty plotting.

I can see a flashpoint paradox event happening and this is the result. Kick all these folks off to an alternate reality. 

• Love 1

As others have said, this could be really good or really bad. I'd love to ship MG off, but who know's who we'd get in return. It does seem to indicate TIIC realize how bloated these shows are becoming but still doesn't account for the shitty plotting.

I can see a flashpoint paradox event happening and this is the result. Kick all these folks off to an alternate reality. 

Yep, the writing is everything. A talented writer can work wonders with the lamest of plots.

I can see Barry going back in time to save his mom and drastically changing reality. Then if and when he goes back in time again to fix his mistake the world he returns to is a little bit different. Sara never died, Raylicity never happened, etc.

• Love 8

Logic: "Yeah, neither of those other spin-off ideas/leading men [Firestorm/ATOM] are strong enough on their own, so let's put them together!"

OR

"We could have our own mini-Justice League on TV!"

l

Sorry I meant my logic, I just couldn't figure it out, not so much the ATOM/Firestorm stuff, I said a few pages back they'd have a better shot at a spin-off with both characters and given their setup Ray, Robbie and Martin could all work together.

my mind was blown trying to figure out the CL/Sara aspect.

I suspect Captain Cold is being brought on as the initial Big Bad. He's the one character that can easily be on all three shows - Barry's had issues with him, so he can challenge the superheroes on Flash and whatever this is, but he's a normal human, so he can challenge Arrow.  And he was an immediately popular villain, so it's a win all around. 

I think if Ray is allowed to interact with the entire show, not just one character, and is allowed to have an actual romance, not just one meant to block Oliver/Felicity, he'll be fine. I haven't had any issues with Routh's acting, and Victor Garber is pretty good at making everyone around him look good.

What I'm really wondering is how they're going to be handling crossovers between all three and potentially four shows. I know NBC did that years back for a sweeps night, but it was mostly just brief cameo appearances on comedy shows.

• Love 2

I can see Barry going back in time to save his mom and drastically changing reality. Then if and when he goes back in time again to fix his mistake the world he returns to is a little bit different. Sara never died, Raylicity never happened, etc.

Maybe Ray's fiancee never died and Stein never merged with Ronnie. It would explain the lack of Robbie Amell.

It would also reset parts of Arrow Season 3, which might not be a bad thing at this point.  

• Love 2

If they reset Arrow S3 to pull this off, I may forgive MG for every asshole comment he's ever made. And that would actually, truly be a gamechanging moment in TV. (I'm almost positive that won't happen.) 

I like the idea of Barry's time travel changing certain aspects of our current show reality, though. That's bold story telling. 

• Love 7

I don't know. I've been thinking about this for the last couple of hours, and I'm still so conflicted on how I feel about it.

On the one hand, potential Sara return? I'm there for that. But I'm not so excited about the idea of her playing another character. I just don't know if I could get on board with that.

Ray off Arrow? Another big plus. But if they keep Laurel around, that's kind of irrelevant since I won't be watching anyway.

Captain Cold? I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not as enthused about this character as most people seem to be. And while I'm all for Victor Garber, I'm confused about the lack of Robbie Amell. Does that mean no Firestorm?

I also wonder what it means for both currently running shows. A reset for Arrow would be welcomed in a lot of aspects - resetting Flash so early in its run seems risky.

I will say, however, out of the vindictiveness of my heart.....if they bring Sara back as an alternate universe version of herself that has the real Canary Cry? I will laugh forever.

• Love 3

The cast is so random and bizarre. Someone had an interesting theory about it being a mini series during the summer with like flashbacks and such. 

Edited by ban1o

Someone had an interesting theory about it being a mini series during the summer with like flashbacks and such.

I've seen theories about that, or about it being some sort of anthology type series.

Personally I would not be interested in that, but *shrug*. YMMV.

Edited by Starfish35

It doesn't really make sense to have Victor Garber and not Robbie Amell. And Caity Lotz really makes no sense. They wouldn't really cast her as someone who isn't Sara, would they? But Sara is dead and they wouldn't spoil a possible Sara resurrection like that. I think it will be an anthology series during the summer. 

I'm excited to see Haley in anything after Agent Carter. I'm just hoping Tony figures out a way to bring Peggy into the future for Steve so she can have a large part in the third Captain America movie.

Hayley Atwell is playing Cinderella's mother in the upcoming Cinderella movie (directed by Kenneth Branagh).   You can see her in the first few minutes of the movie trailer on youtube (she has blonde curly hair).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1