Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

Someone should let David know there won't be sodas at the Flash set when he crosses over this time.

Or that there's a distinct chance he'll have to compliment Ralph in some way. Really glad that exchange between him and Felicity was deleted in that #feminism episode

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Anyone remember when Arrow hit a 0.6? 

Season 5. Specifically 5.05, which aired against Game 7 of the World Series when the Chicago Cubs were on the verge of winning their first Championship in more than 100 years so pretty much everyone and their moms were watching the game.

Edited by lemotomato
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Season 5

I'm so shocked they hit a 0.6. Lol I don't think I've recovered! 

@Starfish35 used to play the rating guessing game with us and I NEVER would have thought a 0.6!

Am really interested in how the next few weeks play out! 

ETA: I mean Flash hitting a 0.6!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2

But there must have been cute bts photos of him and EBR etc yes?

You would have loved the interviews gushing about their chemistry from the producers, going on about a kind of Spencer and Tracy vibe (I think it was them, it was definitely an old classic movie couple example that I completely disagreed with, lol)  

You probably could track down some of the old posts around that time from on this board.  I do remember having some REALLY long conversations about Ray that season, trying to get into his head.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What is wrong with the LOT people?!?!

SIGH. What idiocy! Not all men cheat and some women cheat.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh...I made the mistake in clicking the thread to read further. He gets worse...

UGH he s so gross. Don't miss him now 

Edited by jay741982
50 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

You would have loved the interviews gushing about their chemistry from the producers, going on about a kind of Spencer and Tracy vibe (I think it was them, it was definitely an old classic movie couple example that I completely disagreed with, lol) 

You're right, I think we said it should be Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn. I remember references to "Bringing up Baby".  Oliver would have been the Spencer Tracy guy.MG got that wrong too.

I also remember how excited we were in the summer, thinking that it would be like the old movies.  Boy, were we wrong.

• Love 1

You know, I cut Caity some slack for some of the weird stuff she said at that con. I read a bit more into it, and it sounds like she was referencing some other stuff that had been said in fandom, and the whole thing was kind of an inside joke between her and Maisy and it was taken a bit out of context. Still questionable, but I really didnt see anything malicious there. Just my opinion though. And yeah, I know she has said other weird things, but she comes across to me as someone lacking in social graces and self awareness, and not real meanness in general. 

Those comments from Franz though...wow. Makes you wonder if he was written out of the show for more reasons than just them running out of stuff for Jax to do. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6

Squeeee thanks heaps @SmallScreenDiva! You are a gem! (a pricey one not a peridot!)

They are so adorable! 

I miss his shorter hair!!!!!! I do not like a giant hair he's currently sporting! 

His hair has got to go. Why is it so large and helmet-like? I like  that they are letting him keep his gray sideburns though. Love the little salt and pepper. I thought felicity and ray were cute together. (I was in the minority though) 

4 minutes ago, Swellcatt said:

His hair has got to go. Why is it so large and helmet-like? I like  that they are letting him keep his gray sideburns though. Love the little salt and pepper. I thought felicity and ray were cute together. (I was in the minority though) 

Yes in one of the earlier episodes it (the hair) was kind of puffier than usual but by the finale it seems to have taken on a life of it's own! At first I thought he was wearing a wig for the ep until I realised wow, it was his actual hair! Lol guess baldness is not a problem for him! 

Haha I have lost count but I think there are like 5 of us now on this forum who liked Raylicity! Welcome to Palmer Island!!!!! *hands you a papaya*

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha I have lost count but I think there are like 5 of us now on this forum who liked Raylicity! Welcome to Palmer Island!!!!! *hands you a papaya*

I so enjoy how proudly you wave that Raylicity banner ;)

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Yes in one of the earlier episodes it (the hair) was kind of puffier than usual but by the finale it seems to have taken on a life of it's own! At first I thought he was wearing a wig for the ep until I realised wow, it was his actual hair! Lol guess baldness is not a problem for him! 

I think there are a lot more that like them now as friends.

Back in the day I never was Raylicity fan but I didn't dislike Ray as a character EXCEPT for that one episode where I just despised him.  But it seemed to be a temporary sort of madness.  (Ray's, not mine.  He earned the hate in that episode.  I was even on Laurel's side)  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think there are a lot more that like them now as friends.

Back in the day I never was Raylicity fan but I didn't dislike Ray as a character EXCEPT for that one episode where I just despised him.  But it seemed to be a temporary sort of madness.  (Ray's not mine.  He earned the hate in that episode.  I was even on Laurel's side)  

Right,  I'm recall watching that episode for the first time basically going,  " Ray, don't be that guy that makes me agree with Laurel Lance."

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I KNEW I was missing two. I remembered the clown but couldn't find it. 

The first photo was from a mini-crossover, right? When Ray went to see Felicity about leaving with the WaveRider team?

Yup I've never seen the bts photo but I do remember the scene. He said he would have stayed for her *sniffles*

12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Yup I've never seen the bts photo but I do remember the scene. He said he would have stayed for her *sniffles*

*sniffles*

I will never stop wishing that they actually do something fun with them in the crossovers. I don't mean romantically, of course, because hey, Olicity forever! But one of the problems of S3 with Ray is that his scenes with Felicity were just tonally off because they seemed like they were in a romcom on Palmer Island while Oliver was in "Misery" (Ra's being the Kathy Bates character). But they were fun to watch, at least when Arrow wasn't writing Ray as a creepy stalker. One of my fave scene was when Felicity was borrowing his helicopter :D

• Love 4

Well now Ray's crushing on Damian Darkh's daughter that tried to kill them all and whom he met and bonded with as a kid. So he's never been really sane with his love interests. Lol. 

• Love 6
Just now, Sakura12 said:

Well now Ray's crushing on Damian Darkh's daughter that tried to kill them all and whom he met and bonded with as a kid. So he's never been really sane with his love interests. Lol. 

Ya know the chemistry with his real life wife made me conveniently forget this fact!

They still super cute!!!!!!

Like @SmallScreenDiva I will keep wishing for Raylicity to have a fun plot in the crossover (and I think BR wants to work with EBR again!). Although Ray being shot in the back by AN Oliver while recounting his dating history with Felicity was still pretty funny!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ya know the chemistry with his real life wife made me conveniently forget this fact!

Oh, I don't deny they have great chemistry. I'm always wary when they have real life spouses on shows but Brandon and Courtney's love comes through the screen and it is cute. I actually wouldn't mind Ray falling for a former demon woman. He needed to go against his type since that wasn't working too well for him. I would've been okay with him and Zari but she seems to like cowboys. 

• Love 1

Some movie news:

Spider-Man no longer Sony's highest grossing film

EXCLUSIVE: It finally happened.

Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is officially the studio’s highest-grossing film ever at the domestic box office, overtaking Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man ($403.7 million) which has owned the title for the past 16 years.

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Outpacing Last Seven Marvel Movies Combined in Fandango Presales

“Avengers: Infinity War” isn’t opening for another two weeks, but the Marvel title is already on a record-breaking track.

Currently, the superhero tentpole is selling more than double the amount of tickets on Fandango that “Black Panther” sold at the same point in the sales cycle. In fact, “Infinity War” is currently outpacing the last seven Marvel movies combined, including massive titles like “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “Guardian’s of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” and “Captain America: Civil War.”

The upcoming “Avengers” pic, which opens on April 27, is pacing to be the Fandango’s top preseller among April releases, as well as the the top superhero preseller in the company’s history.

I tuned in to Flash for Felicity's episode earlier in the season and wished I hadn't so I'm definitely not gonna do it this time around. Sorry, DR, my dude.

5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

It sounds bad, lol but I don't have a real problem believing his earlier connection is just the reason why he was so certain she was worth saving, not because he saw her at all still as a child, but because of the potential he'd seen before she'd been taken over.  And he's bonded now more with the adult Nora than the child so I say bring it! 

She's been a bit more evil than I would have picked for Ray but she has a good excuse and his over the top faith and goodness works just perfectly with the opposite personality type.  Oliver, Mick, even Damien (though oddly they do share the similar constant sunny smile so maybe Nora would be attracted in part because of her daddy issues, lol).  I liked him around Sara and Zari for those reasons as well.  But Nora also comes with a built-in spark and level of comfort between them that made them really fun to watch right away.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Scandal, Once Upon a Time, Supergirl, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS April 12, 2018 AT 12:15 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/12/spoiler-room-scandal-once-upon-time-supergirl/

What can we expect when Supergirl returns next week? — Alex
Last we left Kara & Co., viewers had discovered that Mon-El and Imra are actually in an arranged marriage, something the Girl of Steel does not yet know. “As a part of her journey of finding her identity and just coming to terms with who she is and knowing herself as best she can, she has really spent this season moving on and coming to terms with that relationship being what it is, and trying to be Mon El’s friend as best as she can,” Melissa Benoist tells me. “She doesn’t know at this point that they’re in an arranged marriage, but if he decides to tell her that, obviously she might change her mind [about her feelings], but I’m not sure.”
Any news about Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost on The Flash? — Clarice
I hear that we’ll get to see a young version of Caitlin (played by Victoria Askounis) in an episode before season’s end. Details are being kept under wraps, but it’s safe to assume we’re seeing a flashback.

Ugh.  I'm really not looking forward to Supergirl returning.  LoT has been such fun, I feel like Supergirl back again is having to go back to work after a good vacation.

Kara, married is married no matter what the reason. Unless Imra has agreed to an open marriage, this don't change things, hoss.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ugh.  I'm really not looking forward to Supergirl returning.  LoT has been such fun, I feel like Supergirl back again is having to go back to work after a good vacation.

Kara, married is married no matter what the reason. Unless Imra has agreed to an open marriage, this don't change things, hoss.

Honestly, the only reason I'm super excited for Supergirl on Monday is because we're finally getting our first Winn-centric episode all season. 

The Kara/Mon-El stuff pisses me off because they seem to be going full-force back into it for this second half. I had a nice time living in denial of it not happening again since Mon-El got back with Imra. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I'm with you.  I'm dreading going back.  I know once I watch I'll be fine but it's not fun.  But neither is the Flash and I'm only getting small bright spots on Arrow.  It's not superhero fatigue, it's crappy angst fatigue.  

I'm sure they always planned on going back to Kara and Mon-El and likely even always had this arranged marriage excuse planned but it's really annoying that because of how the actors behaved in the earlier episodes it feels like a retcon and like you said, married is married and in this case it was married long enough where they supposedly fell in love.  So who cares if it was an arranged marriage at first or not?  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

in this case it was married long enough where they supposedly fell in love.  So who cares if it was an arranged marriage at first or not?  

It's one of the classic romantic tropes, two people in an arranged marriage fall in love.

I wonder if pushing Kara/Mon El is an attempt to get back ratings/audience that have dropped this season. But unless you really love Karamel, this storyline just makes both Kara and Mon El douches.

• Love 3

I’m inclined to think the arranged marriage wasn’t originally planned. Chris sold Mon-el being in love with Imra too well. I guess it’s possible it was planned and they didn’t tell him but that’s a bigger issue if so. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

It's one of the classic romantic tropes, two people in an arranged marriage fall in love.

I wonder if pushing Kara/Mon El is an attempt to get back ratings/audience that have dropped this season. But unless you really love Karamel, this storyline just makes both Kara and Mon El douches.

The issue with this is that Kara/Mon-El were never this epic couple that the majority of audiences fell in love with. There's always been a split between Karamel fans and basically everyone else (Supercorp fans, comics fans, fans of the Danvers sisters, etc). Unlike WestAllen and Olicity, from what I've seen, there hasn't been a draw for the couple in the same way. So for them to go back to Mon-El/Kara, that likely won't pick up their viewers. I mean, the ratings for season 3 are lower, but they're just as inconsistent as season 2. 

48 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I’m inclined to think the arranged marriage wasn’t originally planned. Chris sold Mon-el being in love with Imra too well. I guess it’s possible it was planned and they didn’t tell him but that’s a bigger issue if so. 

I don't know for sure, but from the way Chris has played Mon-El, it seems like he was only told about Mon-El still being in love with Kara around the filming of 3x12 (the second last episode before the hiatus). Before that, he's been playing Mon-El very straight-forward and dull, in the sense that he's moved on from Kara and has grown (into a more depressing man) in the six years that he's been away from Kara. He didn't play Mon-El as someone who's still held a torch for Kara, despite only knowing her for less than a year before he got sent off, and he seemed to really care about Imra. Now, suddenly, they're going back on that, claiming it's an arranged marriage, he still has feelings for Kara, AND Imra is carrying some big secret? Nuh-uh, either they decided to go back to the Karamel stuff at the last minute, or they did a poor job in leading up to the switch (including Mopey "I'm going to let Kara die and Reign take over the world" Mon-El). 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So for them to go back to Mon-El/Kara, that likely won't pick up their viewers. I mean, the ratings for season 3 are lower, but they're just as inconsistent as season 2. 

I don't know.  I mean, I personally don't care either way.  I haven't been watching this season anyway.  But as a numbers watcher, their ratings did pick up once Mon-El came back.  Whether that was from the shippers, or comics fans excited to see the Legion, who knows?  But they definitely picked up for some reason.

10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I don't know.  I mean, I personally don't care either way.  I haven't been watching this season anyway.  But as a numbers watcher, their ratings did pick up once Mon-El came back.  Whether that was from the shippers, or comics fans excited to see the Legion, who knows?  But they definitely picked up for some reason.

Perhaps. Mon-El returned in the seventh episode, but the numbers were already picking back up at that point. Looking at the numbers, the season didn't go above 2 million until the midseason premiere back in January. It could have been the return of Mon-El, it could have been Reign, it could have been anything. Actually, I'm curious to find out why the numbers spiked back up to 2 million after the December hiatus. I don't want it to not just be because of Karamel, of course, but even putting that aside, I'm not so sure he was the reason for ratings to go back up. I'd like to think it was the crossover with Kara's epic fight (and her clap!) and Alex/Sara that got people to tune back in. 

Eh, either way, I'm still watching Supergirl for a few reasons (Alex/Kara's sisterly moments, the pretty damn good (IMO) three-act arc of Reign, hoping for more Winn) so it hasn't lost me yet. It almost did last season with Mon-El/Kara, so if they can correct the biggest mistakes they made with the pairing (mostly, Kara's sole arc being entirely about Mon-El last season, to the point where we stopped having scenes of Kara with her sisters or friends), then they may be able to get me back. 

• Love 1

I think the thing for me, with Supergirl, is that I never had that moment of being totally in love with the show, like I did with the other three shows. For Flash, it was the first season up until the finale, and then the second season and the Flashpoint execution made me drop it.  For Arrow, it was late season 1-early season two, and then trailed off after the season two midseason finale (but even then it took me two and a half more years to completely give up on it). With Legends, I fell in love with it in season two, and am still there, though there have been a few things recently that I haven't been thrilled with.

But for Supergirl, there never was that moment of "OMG I love this show".  There were things I enjoyed, although those things changed between the first and second seasons.  But both seasons also had things that irritated me, and things that I didn't feel like the show had any interest in correcting.  I guess that's why it was so easy for me to let it go after the second season.  

• Love 3

I love Gotham so much.  Pengy's terror of Jerome in his meeting with Gordon gave me Dark Knight feels.  He came so close to saying "he just wants to watch the world burn".  If he had I probably would have dropped dead so it's for the best but at least the sentiment was there. 

Speaking of, RIP Jerome but we get to keep Cameron so I'm ready to see Jeremiah unleashed. 

Looks like Ra's is set to return and I'm ready for more Siddig. 

Happy Birthday Bruce!  I liked that Selina showed up and blew out the candles for him. 

• Love 3

I feel like the never-ending FitzSimmons angst has now made me super paranoid about Olicity. They're going to make them suffer together like FitzSimmons! Pitch em against the universe! 

If anything, @Mellowyellow, 618 proved to me that they wouldn't do that to Olicity. Heck, previous seasons would have probably kept Olicity apart from this, but they ended even closer and reaffirming the same thing Felicity said in the previous episode. They basically clarified that "alone" just meant "being Green Arrow" alone with Oliver vowing he'd still be dedicated to being a husband, father, and mayor. It's FitzSimmons that I think took a step backward, especially when Simmons seems to be throwing everything Fitz did under the bridge ironically.

• Love 1

“Yes, Maisie will absolutely be back,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim told EW on our SiriusXM radio show Superhero Insider on Friday. “We just felt like we owed it to the character to complete this arc, complete this story loop that we got her in. Once we took her off of her path in 1942, it was always incumbent upon us to return her to that path. That was something that hung over us as writers, and hung over the character… I’m looking forward to a different storyline for Amaya next year. We’ll reveal our plans for Maisie’s character at Comic-Con this year.”

Rip (Arthur Darvill), meanwhile, sacrificed himself to buy the Legends time to escape from Mallus, though Guggenheim says it’s likely we will see the character again. “We love Arthur, we love having Arthur on the show, and I think Arthur enjoys being on the show,” Guggenheim says. “Because it’s a time travel show, and because we never saw a body, anything is possible. I think Arthur is totally willing to come back and play with us if we have a cool idea.”

In our full interview, Guggenheim also discusses the return of Courtney Ford in season 4

MG talks about Amaya, Rip and Darkhs daughter returning in s4

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/13/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-spoilers/

• Love 2

DC TV Watch: 'Black Lightning' Star Previews "Action-Packed" Finale
APRIL 14, 2018 9:30am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-black-lightning-finale-marvin-krondon-jones-iii-interview-1101734 

Arrow season 6: How Felicity Smoak helped re-shape comic-book TV
April 15, 2018
https://cartermatt.com/302473/arrow-season-6-how-felicity-smoak-helped-re-shape-comic-book-tv/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2