Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

If that was the intended case, I wish they done a much better job of conveying it as a reasonable choice as opposed to setting it up as a random leap of faith after getting an inspiring pep talk.  She and the show overcorrected, going from almost unfeeling and cold logic to abandoning any sense as a display of love. 

Again, we'll have to disagree, because it has been shown on the show before that Iris is the one to be able to bring Barry back to his senses. So it's not unreasonable for her to think she could do again.

25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It seems more like magical thinking to me. 

It's... The Flash. Which has generally been the show to lean into its fantasy aspects. But I get it if that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Well, if the feelings of team members (causing them to leave) are the responsibility of the team leaders, there are way worse leaders in the Arrow-verse!

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Trini said:

Well, if the feelings of team members (causing them to leave) are the responsibility of the team leaders, there are way worse leaders in the Arrow-verse!

In terms of not hurting feelings, there are worse team leaders in the Arrowverse.  But they all have other skills to (fighting, military tactics, secret ninja skills, alien shape-shifting). Iris' claim to leadership is her special connection to Barry.

Do I think that Iris should be the leader of Team Flash? I'd rather have her than anyone else there, except maybe Caitlin. (Please not Ralph or Cisco) But I don't think they've bothered to write any special leadership abilities for her other than that connection to Barry.  It's like the Divine Right of Kings, they got to be rulers because of who they are who they are connected to, not because they've shown any special abilities for the job.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Trini said:

Iris didn't even notice that Wally was gone in 403 and didn't even look apologetic when he pointed that out. What kind of good team leader doesn't notice a teammate is missing for a whole episode?

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Iris' claim to leadership is her special connection to Barry.

That's definitely not the only reason. But her abilities have already been pointed out in this thread several times, so I won't go over that again.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Iris didn't even notice that Wally was gone in 403 and didn't even look apologetic when he pointed that out. What kind of good team leader doesn't notice a teammate is missing for a whole episode?

I mean Oliver totally forgot about Roy lying in a puddle of water and they were fighting side by side lol 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I mean Oliver totally forgot about Roy lying in a puddle of water and they were fighting side by side lol 

That was a production/directing error in one scene, not part of the story. It wasn't addressed in the show like when Wally called out Team Flash (lead by Iris) for forgetting him..

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

That was a production/directing error in one scene, not part of the story. It wasn't addressed in the show like when Wally called out Team Flash (lead by Iris) for forgetting him..

It was an error but it happened, right after Roy told him not to forget about him or whatever nonetheless.  

• Love 1

Did Black Lightning just confirm Arrow-verse connection?
NATALIE ABRAMS    March 20, 2018 
http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/20/black-lightning-arrow-verse-connection/

During Tuesday’s episode, Jennifer (China Anne McClain) discovered the truth about her father actually being Black Lightning (Cress Williams), while her sister is the newbie hero known as Thunder (Nafessa Williams). When her mother arrived, Jennifer asked if she was about to reveal that she’s actually Vixen, but Lynn (Christine Adams) replied that she’s neither that heroine nor is she Supergirl.

The name drops seem to confirm that Black Lightning lives within the same multiverse that heroes from Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow call home, which would somewhat go against what was initially revealed about the show. (We’ll come back to that in a moment.)
The prospect that Black Lightning‘s hometown of Freeland lives within the multiverse is very interesting, but super complicated. First off, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) lives on an entirely different Earth from the other heroes — she’s on Earth-38, while the rest all hail from Earth-1. Earth-1, by the by, doesn’t actually know of the existence of Supergirl, save for probably the government as she played a role in saving the planet from the Dominator’s invasion. So, the name drops could be a hint that Black Lightning actually takes place on Earth-38.

A small glitch: Both times the four shows have done major crossovers, Kara hasn’t mentioned knowing of Vixen on her Earth. We could just chalk that up to her not actually being aware of the heroine, even if she does exist on Earth-38.

However, there was a brief mention by Harry (Tom Cavanagh), who actually hails from Earth-2, during the Crisis on Earth-X crossover that there is a Kara Danvers on every Earth. So the aforementioned and highly convoluted explanation brings us back to square one, in which Black Lightning could just actually take place on Earth-1. There was even a mention in the Black Lightning pilot of other super-powered people cropping up in various towns — an angry commenter on the news lamented Black Lightning being labeled a vigilante, while those others were dubbed superheroes.

Maybe Earth-1 does know about the Girl of Steel following the events of Crisis, because, why not? Anissa’s new flame Grace (Chantal Thuy) even name-dropped Supergirl earlier this season when the duo planned to attend a cosplay party — viewers could then interpret that as Supergirl just being a comic book character, but armed with this name drop, maybe the residents of this Earth do know about her as a real-life hero. Confused? It’s a lot to take in.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

It was an error but it happened, right after Roy told him not to forget about him or whatever nonetheless.  

1) Again, not part of the story. Not acknowledged on the show. Not equivalent to Wally getting forgotten. 

2) Roy told Oliver "Don't abandon me" in 306, 10 episodes before this production error happened in 317, so no, this production error didn't happen "right after".

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If it happens on screen it happens. Roy doesn't have to say anything about it to make it "canon" we saw Oliver walk away, good for Roy for getting over it but "it was an error" doesn't change it.

But no one's making an argument that Oliver's always the best team leader (he's been shown throughout the course of the show to be bad at it at times!). The argument here about Iris seems to be that she's pretty great? Which has nothing to do with Oliver leaving Roy, editing mistake or not.

• Love 2

I think there are a lot of instances that make Oliver a bad team leader (Roy, kidnapping Lyla, etc.), still doesn't change the fact that he earned being the team leader considering:

1. Without him there would be no team
  2. Out of everyone except for maybe Diggle Oliver has the most experience with combat
  3. A lot of the villains are personal villains of Oliver's

All of which Iris has none which is the issue in the first place. All the whataboutism about Oliver leaving Roy once way back when, a moment that didn't affect Roy personally is kind of moot here because no one is arguing that Oliver is the best team leader lol. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

But no one's making an argument that Oliver's always the best team leader (he's been shown throughout the course of the show to be bad at it at times!). The argument here about Iris seems to be that she's pretty great? Which has nothing to do with Oliver leaving Roy, editing mistake or not.

With the way things are phrased

Well, if the feelings of team members (causing them to leave) are the responsibility of the team leaders, there are way worse leaders in the Arrow-verse!

The Arrow-verse was brought into it replying with what kind of leader makes it a bit vague.  Oliver i just used as an example of a kind of leader. 

10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

With the way things are phrased

Well, if the feelings of team members (causing them to leave) are the responsibility of the team leaders, there are way worse leaders in the Arrow-verse!

The Arrow-verse was brought into it replying with what kind of leader makes it a bit vague.  Oliver i just used as an example of a kind of leader. 

But the discussion was about Iris and her leadership - the "hey, there are worse leaders!" is just a way to divert the conversation away from Iris. So is mentioning what kind of leader Oliver is. If Iris didn't notice one of her team members was missing and that added to them feeling undervalued, then that's Iris's mistake. What Oliver's done with people on a different team doesn't matter. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

But the discussion was about Iris and her leadership - the "hey, there are worse leaders!" is just a way to divert the conversation away from Iris. So is mentioning what kind of leader Oliver is. If Iris didn't notice one of her team members was missing and that added to them feeling undervalued, then that's Iris's mistake. What Oliver's done with people on a different team doesn't matter. 

The conversation ended up there so I replied to that aspect of it. 

6 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

Black Lightning could definitely be  on Earth 1, Kara has showed up on Earth 1 couple of times now so I am sure the resident know of her. 

Or it could on any other Earth we haven't seen yet since as Harry said, there are copies of everyone (or potentially) in each universe.   I think putting it on Supergirl's earth would really make a lot of sense though since it seems that while that world has really big heroes for really big invasions and attacks it has a lot fewer on the ground ones or at least none of them seem team players which would keep BL from having that issue of why isn't he calling Arrow/Flash/Legends for back up.  He wouldn't call the Supes because he wouldn't think they'd come for street-level stuff.   

• Love 4

Respectful disagreement is fine; however if you cannot disagree with another poster without being civil, we strongly suggest you use the ignore feature.   Posts that violate the "Be Civil" rule will be removed and the offending poster will likely receive a warning and time off from posting. 

• Love 1

No one is really arguing that ONE moment can make an overall bad leader. In my argument I specifically said that Iris didn't earn her position as the leader of the team and the biggest reason she got the position in the first place was to keep the team together. When a leader fails at doing what they were brought in to do then that really compromises her position and why she got it in the first place. And it wasn't only this that compromised her position it was also a few other things such as...

1) Failing to keep Caitlin on the team (even though Killer Frost was awful to Iris, Caitlin was a part of the team and didn't bother to contact her, THEN when Caitlin came back Iris yelled at her for not helping over the summer when it wasn't really her position to say anything considering Caitlin had been helping the team/the city far longer than Iris had)

2) Failing to keep her team from going behind her back in order to bring Barry back

4) When they got Barry back she had the dumbest idea to be kidnapped not knowing what would happen and knowing she could very well die which was complete whiplash from her not wanting to bring Barry back

5) Barry hardly listen to her when he actually got back

6) Not being able to keep Wally on the team and let him feel he has a purpose. She didn't even know he was gone

7) She very rarely interacts with any of the team members not named Barry

8) It's not what she really wants to do which was implicitly stated in the last episode

I can believe 100% that Iris can be an active and useful member of the team. I just don't think she's a believable leader. Not because she lacks skills, but because the writers undermined her position from the very start. I also still don't get why Team Flash needs a leader. It was never shown that they needed one for the past 3 years what makes this year different other than the show trying to squeeze Iris into a role that she doesn't really fit?

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I also still don't get why Team Flash needs a leader. It was never shown that they needed one for the past 3 years what makes this year different other than the show trying to squeeze Iris into a role that she doesn't really fit?

I always assumed that post season one, Barry was technically the leader.  Season one it was Wells until they found out he was evil.  

24 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

No one is really arguing that ONE moment can make an overall bad leader. In my argument I specifically said that Iris didn't earn her position as the leader of the team and the biggest reason she got the position in the first place was to keep the team together. ...

She took up the mantle to help protect the city in Barry's absence, when no one else was willing or able (and it was part of her grieving process as well). She did keep the team together for months; one person deciding to move on doesn't make her a failure.

I'm not really a fan of the team format on The Flash, but it's what the show wants to stick with. That's where the action is at and Iris should have a place there.

I think there's a lot of things incorrect with your list, but it seems everything is wrong when it comes to Iris, so I'm not going to argue with you.

• Love 3

I really want Sara and Oliver to have another scene together soon, so Oliver can be like "Sara, I heard you were dating someone and you pulled the I Am Dark Dont Date Me card. Look, speaking as a friend, former boyfriend, and fellow dark person...dont do it. I tried, it was dumb, and  I wasted time standing on rooftops looking sad when I could have been baking and writing in a dream journal with my one true love. Sara...find a dream journal."

Yeah, I am not a huge AvaLance fan, but I am not about the whole "I have to break up with you because I did bad stuff and dont wanna hurt you" cliche, especially for poor Sara, who has come so far. She went from angsty vigilante lurking around her former city, too afraid to talk to anyone who loves her, to Team Mom of a weirdo time travel family who she loves and love her back, even when they frequently want to smack each other, and is one of the premiere super leaders of the Arrowverse. Girl, you are better than this! Its so obviously a ploy to create drama in a relationship, one that just started! We dont need a third act breakup! Ava knows who you are and is clearly ok with it, stop the drama!

I mean, I guess that "sorry I must go for your own good" thing is at least better than the other "crap we need this couple to break up for a little while to create drama and fuck with shippers until they hook up again in the season finale or whereabouts" like "you did some stupid out of character thing and now I am super pissed and neither of us will say sorry" or "lets break up over some stupid misunderstanding that could have been explained in two seconds" or the classic much hated "YOU LIED TO ME!" which are all even worse reasons for stupid temporary breakups. Those are basically the Four Horsemen of Shipping, a plague upon our screens, a constant mass of annoying plot kudzu that destroys all it touches. When will we escape their evil clutches?!?!

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Trini said:

She took up the mantle to help protect the city in Barry's absence, when no one else was willing or able (and it was part of her grieving process as well). She did keep the team together for months; one person deciding to move on doesn't make her a failure.

I don't really see that. I could be wrong but did she ever verbalize that she took up the mantle to help the city? As in explicitly shown in the show? The most we heard her say was it's because Barry told her to keep running...

Going through some of Candice's interviews I don't think I read her say that Iris is doing this to protect the city. The most I heard her say was it was to deflect her feelings on Barry being gone and to help keep the team together because Barry told Iris the team will look up to her in his absence. 

Iris doing it to deflect her feelings about Barry: That's not a good reason to take on the mantle 
Iris doing it to keep the team together: She failed at that by being unaware of Cisco going behind her back, Wally leaving, and snapping at Caitlin when she came back and started helping again so... Yeah.

Edited by WindofChange
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Lol I've forgotten how many rooftops Oliver was on before @tennisgurl pointed that out. 

Seriously CW needs to bring in an evil clone the next time they need a ship stall. 

Frog eating clones for the win! Followed by amnesia, return of arranged fiancée and planetary invasion. ;)

• Love 6

Reunions abounded tonight on Gotham. Pengy and Riddler, Jim and Harvey, and Bruce and Selina all got back together and it was great. 

Looks like Ra’s gestation has finished and he can now be reborn via Barbara. How this will happen I don’t know but I half expect him to emerge from her head in an homage to Greek mythology. Just because. 

And only in Gotham can you get shot in the head point blank and just be in a coma. I’m not ready to lose Sofia so no complaints from my side.

Zsasz seeing the cops coming and deciding to get milkshakes instead is why I adore him. Can’t hit the broad side of a barn but I don’t care. 

And next week looks to give me  Bat+Cat+Jerome and I AM READY. 

I love this crazy show. 

• Love 2

The Arrow portions of this interview are quoted on page 264 of Starling City Times thread...

DF Interview: Marc Guggenheim talks The CW’s Arrowverse, more
By Byron Brewer   March 22, 2018
https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/interviews.html?showinterview=IN03221822614

DF: From one end of the DC/CW spectrum to the other, possibly my favorite show of the group right now is Legends of Tomorrow. I love the fact that, beginning with poor ol’ Hawkman and continuing through countless others, we have big-time challenges with a changing cast of characters reminiscent of The Avengers (Marvel’s, not Steed and Mrs. Peel) but we really do care for them (the death of Martin Stein almost killed me!). Talk about the decision-making that goes on in bringing aboard the Waverider a new “Legend” and are there any DC characters you wanted but were unable to get?
Marc Guggenheim:
First, thanks for the kind words. It’s been wonderfully gratifying to see people respond so favorably to Legends.

At the start, we were just working with characters that had been established on Arrow and Flash. We knew we were building the show around Stein, Snart, Rory, Sara and Ray. The Hawks came into it because we had originally been toying around with doing a Hawkman/Hawkgirl show.

In Season 2, we wanted to introduce a new character and explore how he gets superpowers. That character became Nate Heywood a/k/a “Citizen Steel.” In Season 3, we wanted to add another woman to the team. Trump had gotten elected and we started to get excited about making this character a Muslim.

DF: It was on the same Legends finale as the Justice Society of America first appeared that the team became aware of a threat – and memory does fail me here, apologies – from the Thanagarians which in some DC realities are the people of Hawkman, correct? Will this thread ever surface again?
Marc Guggenheim:
That thread’s absolutely still out there. The show itself has changed, tonally, since then, however, so there are no immediate plans to revisit it. But as long as it’s out there, there’s always a possibility.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

15 Arrowverse Actors Who Failed Outside Of The CW
by Irina Curovic   March 22, 2018
https://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-actors-failed-outside-cw/

15. STEPHEN AMELL
... Stephen Amell is best known for playing Oliver Queen on The CW’s Arrow, however, in 2016 Amell appeared in a different comic book role on the big screen. Amell hung up his Emerald Archer suit and put on a hockey mask for the part of Casey Jones in the live-action movie about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows was released in April to mixed reviews and mild financial success.

Although many considered it an improvement over its predecessors, it still lacked that wit and anarchic energy that made the comics so successful. For Amell, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie was a possible breakthrough that could have led to bigger movie roles. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite work out as he had undoubtedly hoped.
9. RICK GONZALEZ
... Rick Gonzalez is a relative newcomer to the Arrowverse. He made his debut in season five of Arrow, and to be honest, most people weren’t all that familiar with Gonzalez from before. Prior to becoming Wild Dog, Gonzalez was best known for the critically acclaimed Coach Carter. However, his subsequent movies weren’t such glowing successes. On the contrary, most failed to both earn money and impress the critics.

A particularly bad one that immediately comes to mind is the 2006 horror flick Pulse.

The film was widely panned by the critics and holds an incredibly low approval rating of 10% on Rotten Tomatoes. Rick Gonzalez appeared in a number of other movies, but none of those movies managed to make him a movie star either.
7. WILLA HOLLAND
... Before she got to put on the red hood and join her on-screen brother on the streets of Star City, Willa Holland was best known for playing The O.C.‘s Kaitlin Cooper. In the meantime, Holland tried her luck on the big screen.

In 2008, she starred in the ambitious but ultimately disappointing drama Garden Party – movie about teenagers trying to find their place in L.A.

The film holds an approval rating of 15% on Rotten Tomatoes, which speaks volumes in and of itself. Needless to say, this did not open many doors for Holland. In 2010, she gave it another shot with Legion. A movie that, despite having a solid cast and an intriguing premise, suffered from poor pacing and a confused plot among other things. Once again, Holland’s hopes for a movie career ended.
1. KATIE CASSIDY
One year before her Arrow debut, Katie Cassidy played a very different role in the teenage rom-com Monte Carlo. Cassidy, singer Selena Gomez and Gossip Girl actress Leighton Meester co-starred as three best friends posing as wealthy socialites in Monte Carlo. The movie received mixed to negative reviews, with the consensus being that it was too formulaic and predictable.

Cassidy then stepped away from rom-coms and in 2014 she starred in the bold but relatively unsuccessful comic book adaptation The Scribbler.

A gritty movie about a young woman who struggles to rid herself of her destructive multiple personalities. Although Cassidy’s performance was praised, the audience just didn’t bite. While The Scribbler does have its fans, it appears that it was just a bit too edgy for a wider audience. As for Cassidy, she’s still waiting for her big Hollywood break.

15. STEPHEN AMELL
14. CAITY LOTZ
13. DANIELLE PANABAKER
12. ROBBIE AMELL
11. KATIE MCGRATH
10. WENTWORTH MILLER
9. RICK GONZALEZ
8. BRANDON ROUTH
7. WILLA HOLLAND
6. MEHCAD BROOKS
5. DOMINIC PURCELL
4. TOM CAVANAGH
3. CHYLER LEIGH
2. KEIYNAN LONSDALE
1. KATIE CASSIDY

Edited by tv echo

No. 6 ‘Wonder Woman’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
by Anthony D'Alessandro   March 22, 2018 2:16pm
http://deadline.com/2018/03/wonder-woman-box-office-profit-2017-1202351443/

When it comes to evaluating the financial performance of top movies, it isn’t about what a film grosses at the box office. The true tale is told when production budgets, P&A, talent participations and other costs collide with box office grosses and ancillary revenues from VOD to DVD and TV. To get close to that mysterious end of the equation, Deadline is repeating our Most Valuable Blockbuster tournament for 2017, using data culled by seasoned and trusted sources.
THE BOTTOM LINE

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice generated more in overall revenues than Wonder Woman, $681.5M to $659.1M. But Jenkins’ movie yields an astounding 139% more in profit with $252.9M. Snyder’s participation-heavy superhero showdown only netted $105.7M. Not only did Wonder Woman have a lower production cost ($149M to BvS‘ $250M), but also combined participations and residuals were much lower at $38.5M, compared with BvS‘ $80.3M which went to Synder, Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill. One thing is for certain: that line item will grow for Jenkins and Gadot on Wonder Woman 2, which opens November 1, 2019. Jenkins is reportedly earning a historic payday for a female director on the sequel with an estimated $7M-$9M before her back-end kicks in, compared to the $1M she cashed for the first installment.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Kyra Zagorsky's son, Bodhi Sabongui, appeared on LoT 315 (Necromancing the Stone) as Behran...

Kyra herself will appear on Arrow 616 (The Thanatos Guild), when that show returns next week, as a character named Athena.

Kyra's husband and Bodhi's father, Patrick Sabongui, plays Captain David Singh on The Flash. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

WonderCon (in Anaheim, CA) starts today (March 23) and continues through the weekend...

-- Constantine panel with Matt Ryan and writer J.M. DeMatteis on Saturday at 10:00 am (PST)
-- Krypton panel with Cameron Cuffe, Georgina Campbell, Shaun Sipos, and producers on Saturday at 2:00 pm (PST)
-- Black Lightning panel with producers, writers and cast members on Sunday at 12:45 pm (PST)

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/wondercon-2018-schedule-black-lightning-the-100-siren-constantine-1202713235/
Friday Schedule
Saturday Schedule
Sunday Schedule

Also, DC plans to live-stream the "DC Publishers" panel with Jim Lee and Dan DiDio on Saturday at 10:00 am (PST)...

Catch Up with DC at WonderCon 2018
By DC   Thursday, March 22nd, 2018
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/03/22/catch-up-with-dc-at-wondercon-2018

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Kyra Zagorsky's son, Bodhi Sabongui, appeared on LoT 315 (Necromancing the Stone) as Behran...

Kyra herself will appear on Arrow 616 (The Thanatos Guild), when that show returns next week, as a character named Athena.

Kyra's husband and Bodhi's father, Patrick Sabongui, plays Captain David Singh on The Flash. 

That scene was emotional, kid definitely has a future ahead of him. I guess they're the first family to appear in three different Arrowverse shows. Actually 4, since Capt Singh was at the Westallen wedding on supergirl. 

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

15 Arrowverse Actors Who Failed Outside Of The CW
by Irina Curovic   March 22, 2018
https://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-actors-failed-outside-cw/

I'm not familiar with this site outside of the summaries I see posted here - are they really hurting for content? Or just bad writers? It seems like they only consider you successful if you have multiple blockbuster movies, but several people on that list have had successful (and long-running) television careers outside the CW - Namely Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell (Prison Break), Chyler Leigh (Grey's Anatomy), and Tom Cavanaugh (Scrubs, Ed).

• Love 3
On 3/22/2018 at 9:06 AM, tv echo said:

FYI - a sometimes hilarious (but spot on, imo) review of the Krypton pilot...

In Krypton's uneven debut, Superman's grandfather faces his destiny 
Vinnie Mancuso March 21, 2018
https://tv.avclub.com/in-kryptons-uneven-debut-supermans-grandfather-faces-h-1823975404

Just watched the pilot for Krypton and while I'll agree that the above review is entertaining to read, I think they were too tough in their review. 

The pilot did what it was supposed to in setting up the world and the players and the stakes for the future.  I liked the lead well enough and got an understanding of his life and the big threats coming and was intrigued enough by the other stuff mentioned or glimpsed that I'll be willing to tune in to find out more about them in the future.  One of the big complaints in the review was that they didn't spend enough time or passion on Brainiac's intro at the end, but the glimpse we saw made sense to me because he's the big LOOMING threat.  He's not a near future problem but one down the road. 

A lot of the reviewer's issues seemed centered on either the pilot not being original enough or all the unanswered questions raised.  With the later, I just assume those questions will be answered in the show as we keep going.  And for the former, I don't have a problem with common archetypes and story beats.  They are used often because they work for telling stories.  But in the case of Seg-El being a disenfranchised street rat (with a heart of gold) well that IS breaking the stereotype since usually the House of El on Krypton is treated like a noble family with power and status, so to have fallen in standing does break with tradition for the story so I guess I feel the reviewer failed to place it in context.

And in the end it's just a pilot.  Pilots are virtually never great since they have to do so much set up and Krypton was no different.  Stuff happens and it is about checking boxes but I think that's just the formula typically to set up a show.  

So based on the pilot I can't say the show is going to be good or bad. I can say it's going to be that annoying washed out color tone palate, but I think it raised interesting questions about the society and introduced some characters with potential.  I'll give it a few more episodes before I'll pass judgment.  At this point, I'd say at least that it's not bad.  Not must see or great, but not bad.  

• Love 1

Superhero Insider: The women stole the show on Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow
CHANCELLOR AGARD and NATALIE ABRAMS March 23, 2018 AT 07:57 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/23/superhero-insider-black-lightning-legends-women/

This Week’s Crossover Moments
-The Flash‘s Violett Beane appeared on Legends of Tomorrow when Mallus terrorized Wally with a vision of his ex.
-Lynn name-dropped both Supergirl and Vixen on Black Lightning.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Is Riverdale Better Shorter? Did Rise Teach Get Worse? Was Legends' Canary Off? Is Xtina Drag Queen? And More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Ryan Schwartz and Rebecca Iannucci / March 23 2018, 10:22 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/03/23/riverdale-full-season-2-order-too-long-tv-questions-answers/

9 | Legends of Tomorrow‘s version of Black Canary had a bit too large of a mask, right?
11 | Does Black Lightning‘s Anissa still startle you a bit each time she does that super-dramatic intake of breath before Thunder-ing out?
20 | Wait, what’s the story behind how Gotham‘s Riddler tracked down Martin? He dressed as a Polish… what? And all because Zsasz “loves the disco”…?! Tell us the rest!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Matt's Inside Line: Supernatural Scoop, Plus Timeless, The 100, Criminal Minds, Lucifer, Counterpart, Five-0 and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 23 2018, 9:39 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/03/23/supernatural-season-13-spoilers-sam-danger-dean-rift-mission/

I’m looking forward to Season 2 of The Gifted. Any scoop? –Lorraine
If you’re ready for Caitlin to get a bit less domestic, know that Amy Acker is, too. “This first season was about getting into this world, and now I’m ready for crazy stuff to happen,” she told TVLine. “Not that crazy stuff hasn’t already happened, but my character has stayed pretty much in ‘the Mom realm,’ so I’m excited to see if they let me go outside of that. The reason I’ve always liked doing genre shows is that anything can happen.”
Will Gotham‘s Jim see Lee again? And if so, when? –Felicity
You mean aside from glimpsing her jack his car? The forever-estranged lovebirds will share scenes “certainly in the last few episodes,” Morena Baccarin told me, “and then in the finale.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I'm speechless after the latest Agents of SHIELD episode. I remember when this show first debuted and I initially thought that Fitz and Simmons were two of the blandest characters. Now I think that they're two of the strongest, best-acted characters on the show.

Oh, for sure. They've turned FitzSimmons into the go to characters for emotional trauma and the actors have definitely stepped up to the challenge. I'm disappointed that once again we have to separate them (especially right after they got married!), and not really sure how we're supposed to bounce back from this, but it doesn't take away the good from the actual scenes, especially the final interaction between them and the scene where Simmons finds out about Deke.

• Love 1

Well that was a unique way to disrupt a ship now wasn't it?

It definitely wasn't of the usual tactics *sigh*

I've resigned myself to the fact that their love affair is a tortured one.

ETA: I was gone on them the first time she packed him that sandwich. I didn't think they would be so tortured!!! Adorable besties who went to school together, do everything together and have special bond no one can compare to. What could possibly go wrong? LOTS apparently! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 4

CONSTANTINE: CITY OF DEMONS - WATCH A FIRST LOOK FROM CW SEED'S ANIMATED SERIES
BY LAURA PRUDOM    23 MAR 2018
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/23/constantine-city-of-demons-watch-cw-seed-animated-series

On March 24. the first five episodes of the new animated digital series Constantine: City of Demons will debut on CW Seed -- and if you're heading to WonderCon in Anaheim on Saturday, you can get a sneak peek at the installments before they premiere online during a panel moderated by yours truly (IGN's Executive TV Editor Laura Prudom), taking place from 10 to 11 a.m. in room North 200A. Star Matt Ryan will be in attendance along with series writer J.M. DeMatteis and Blue Ribbon Content & Warner Bros. Animation’s Peter Girardi.
Ryan will also reprise his role in the live-action Arrowverse when he returns to DC's Legends of Tomorrow for the April 9 finale, and he's set to become a series regular if Legends is renewed for Season 4 by The CW this May.

16 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Well that was a unique way to disrupt a ship now wasn't it?

It definitely wasn't of the usual tactics *sigh*

I've resigned myself to the fact that their love affair is a tortured one.

It's legitimately the only thing that took me out of the scene, because I realized a third of the way through that this was only to keep FitzSimmons apart AGAIN for the second time this season, and that even marriage won't stop it. I don't understand, FitzSimmons are based on J-Mo (heck, they even made FitzSimmons have a daughter just like they did), yet they're super cool with separating them all the time? 

Also, I'm just stumped about how do they move forward from this? 517's titled "The Honeymoon," but how would Fitz forgive himself and how would Daisy and Simmons ever feel completely safe with him again?

• Love 1