Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I don't know much about this twitter so I don't know how accurate it is, but a KC fan twitter said that a Vancouver source told her KC was only in Van for a couple days and filmed one scene for LOT.

• Love 1

I didn't see any dates attached to the info. I know there was some back and forth, with one person saying she was seen in the  Vancity airport on Monday and another saying she was already back in LA this weekend posting snapchats with her friend Tommy.

Edited by Chaser
5 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Reading y'all comments is making me think not watching Supergirl anymore was one of the best decisions I have made this year. 

Anyways, I was gonna say, I don't think MB has chem with any of the guys she has been paired with so far. 

The chem with Katie Mcgrath(Lena) is strong though 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I didn't see any dates attached to the info. I know there was some back and forth, with one person saying she was seen in the  Vancity airport on Monday and another saying she was already back in LA this weekend posting snapchats with her friend Tommy.

I know she was posting snaps with Tommy but he was based in Canada so I assume(d) she was still there. 

There are a lot of things about Supergirl that I really like. The actors and many of the characters are still likable, and some of the one off plots are still fun. However, Kara's love life being focused on is tedious, not because I don't want Kara to have romance in her life, but because her two "official" love interests seem to only exist to BE love interests, and they have ZERO chemistry with Kara. Poor James is a completely pointless character now that he and Kara never happened, and this whole "Guardian" arc for him just makes him look like an annoying idiot. It sucks because I like the actor and the character still has potential, but he's completely pointless now. And Mon-El is played by a charismatic actor as well, but is basically just around for Kara. And while James is bland, Mon-El is a dickhead. Take your pick on which one is your favorite! I think the only reason Winn made it out alright was because Kara never really seemed interested in him that way, and when he realized she didn't like him like that, he moved on and the show found him another purpose on the show. James and Mon-El have both struggled with finding purpose outside of Kara. I just never bought either romance, and the story screeches to a halt every time they spend time on them. At this point, the only people Kara has real romantic chemistry with are Barry, who lives in another universe and is in love with Iris, and Lena, who I don't think is supposed to be a love interest. So I'm glad I'm watching, because there is still stuff I like (Kara is likable when she isn't with Asshole Mon-El, I like most of the supporting cast still), but I find it to be a very disappointing season.

Agents of Shield was AMAZING this week!!!! Mind completely and utterly blown!

But *wails*

Spoiler

Why is Fitz with another lady and why is Simmons dead? This is VERY VERY VERY upsetting!!!!!! Who is Fitz with in this fantasy world and why is it not with Simmons!!!!! Am VERY VERY VERY upset because I take the Fitzsimmons ship very personally!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Agents of Shield was AMAZING this week!!!! Mind completely and utterly blown!

But *wails*

Hide contents

Why is Fitz with another lady and why is Simmons dead? This is VERY VERY VERY upsetting!!!!!! Who is Fitz with in this fantasy world and why is it not with Simmons!!!!! Am VERY VERY VERY upset because I take the Fitzsimmons ship very personally!!!!!!!!

It's just an alt-world, so I'm pretty sure they're still going to be fine in general, plus

Spoiler

the Fitz LMD admitted that Fitz wanted to propose for a while, and Simmons wanted to tell her answer to the "real" Fitz, so they seem like they'll be fine to me, just temporarily separated again because the writers are obsessed with screwing over the two of them so much.

• Love 1

@way2interested

Spoiler

What's worrying me is that Aida said it was a world where she let them fix their one regret! And Jemma is dead and Fitz is with someone else so I am kinda "OMG who could you possibly imagine yourself with if not Jemma, Fitz!!!!!!" They have never been scorching like Olicity but for me I've never thought there was anyone else for them besides each other. So now I'm hoping they write it in such a way that it doesn't damage the relationship for me once they get out of the alternate world! The writers are great though so I should have faith! It was an awesome episode! 

31 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@way2interested

Reveal hidden contents

What's worrying me is that Aida said it was a world where she let them fix their one regret! And Jemma is dead and Fitz is with someone else so I am kinda "OMG who could you possibly imagine yourself with if not Jemma, Fitz!!!!!!" They have never been scorching like Olicity but for me I've never thought there was anyone else for them besides each other. So now I'm hoping they write it in such a way that it doesn't damage the relationship for me once they get out of the alternate world! The writers are great though so I should have faith! It was an awesome episode! 

Idk if I'm completely on board with "great," since tbh the stuff they did with FitzSimmons almost annoyed me as much as they did with Olicity, but I'm pretty sure they're not going to ultimately do anything with especially when it's looking like this might be their final season. Plus 

Spoiler

The "one regret" thing is contradictory in nature, since not everyone can congruently live in a world with their "one regret" taken away, and the EPs said they'd address that. They just presented it as like an opposite world because of everyone's one regret overlapping each other. Like, I'm sure that Daisy's one regret has nothing to do with Ward, but they just included it in the final scene because they wanted a big *twist* and something about Daisy's actual regret just somehow subsequently allows Ward to be alive in the alt-world.

• Love 1

I accepted the ship stalling for FitzSimmons and thought it was waaaaaaaaay more palatable than BMD (I have a thing against BMD plots in general though! Like they REALLY irk me). Found the whole "She went through a rock and met Will" thing very tragic! In a non icky way! 

The Fitz brain damage was rougher but still not as bad as BMD! 

Spoiler

Thank you for your comment in the brackets! They make me feel better! I've been glaring at my husband all night and telling him "I better not be dead in your alternate world and you better be mourning me for a long time if I am!!!!" Heee we fancy seeing ourselves in FitzSimmons so both of us are upset by the ending despite loving the episode! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
Spoilers
  • Love 1

I'm also enjoying AoS this season. They're doing a good job of integrating action/fights into the overall plot, creating tension, and not ignoring character development. This episode focused on two of the best characters/actors now - Jemma (Elizabeth Henstridge) and Daisy (Chloe Bennet). However, the biggest weakness of that show remains Coulson.* His big dramatic scene with May had Ming-Na Wen in one corner, doing a fantastic job of portraying the conflicted LMD May, and then there was Coulson in the other corner, with Clark Gregg reciting each line as if he was reading off cards. Luckily, they've spread the screen time around to different cast members better this year.

(* His monotone voice really annoys me. Clark Gregg's deadpan way of speaking and always immobile face worked fine when he was a SHIELD minion making cameo appearances in various Avengers movies, but when he's the lead character - or one of the lead characters - and the leader of the team, it just highlights his limitations as an actor. But YMMV.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Ming Na Wen broke my heart yesterday when I watched it (in a good way).

And:

Spoiler

That FitzSimmons fight was something!!!! I expected one of them was a bot but I didn't expect such a bloody fight.  Gawd it was awesome!

And the Daisy/Jemma hug when she quaked. Omg it was an excellent episode!

• Love 1

Maybe they are positioning him to take over as Batman if the rumors of Affleck wanting out are true.

I feel almost indifferent about a Nightwing movie. Nightwing is special because we first see him grow as Robin feel for him as his relationship/partnership with Batman takes its toll. We are with him as he grows up and takes on a new identity in a new city. 

Jumping straight into a Nightwing movie when we haven't even seen him as Robin or even interact at all with Batman feels pointless.

Even worse is the fact that all of the DCEU movies pretty much suck. Now they've set their sights on one of my all-time favorite comic book characters. The idea of a Nightwing movie should not feel me with such dread.

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Still can't believe they havent capitalized on releasing the crossovers as "movies"

I think they still could, with the way they hyped the big "event" last fall. The official DVD/Blu-ray announcements usually come out in the summer.

Arrow portion was quoted in the Spoilers thread...

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Arrow, Agents of SHIELD, Blacklist, more

NATALIE ABRAMS FEBRUARY 24, 2017 AT 11:43AM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/24/spoiler-room-arrow-shield-blacklist/ 

Is there anything you can share about Winn’s new relationship on Supergirl? — Gaia
As I teased on Superhero Insider, it sounds like Winn and Lyra are in it for the long haul. After all, Winn does have a tendency to be drawn strong fierce femmes, which comes with its drawbacks. “In our world strong-willed women and women who are powerful in their own ways tend to have other things going on, so we find out that there are secrets,” Jeremy Jordan teases. “But for the first few episodes that we see Winn and Lyra, it’s more about discovering how their relationship fits into this new world that we’re discovering on Supergirl.”
With Rip presumably part of the team again after the next episode of Legends of Tomorrow, when can we expect the issue of who’s going to be captain going forward to be addressed? — BearSpeak
Even though Rip is back on the Waverider, that doesn’t mean they can truly bring back the old Rip — and even if they could, the team may never be able to fully trust him again. “In my head, Rip’s done a lot of things to Sara that she didn’t like and didn’t appreciate,” Caity Lotz says. “She has a love-hate with him relationship already. She loves him, but she hates him and that’s kind of a hard thing to forgive. Sara’s not a saint.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

With Fox, we'd at least one (1) good season before getting screwed over. With the CW's history with minority characters, I'm not so sure we'd get even that. They could surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 2

Remember the Arrow-Flash crossover novels? The Flash book was released last November. Just a reminder that the Arrow book is being released on March 28, 2017...

Flash: The Haunting of Barry Allen 
https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Haunting-Barry-Susan-Griffith/dp/1785651412/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487777785&sr=1-3&keywords=the+flash

Arrow - A Generation of Vipers 
https://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Generation-Vipers-Susan-Griffith/dp/178329485X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MMCV6NP6H6RRE7XWTC9R

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Remember the Arrow-Flash crossover novels? The Flash book was released last November. Just a reminder that the Arrow book is being released on March 28, 2017...

Flash: The Haunting of Barry Allen 
https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Haunting-Barry-Susan-Griffith/dp/1785651412/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487777785&sr=1-3&keywords=the+flash

Arrow - A Generation of Vipers 
https://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Generation-Vipers-Susan-Griffith/dp/178329485X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MMCV6NP6H6RRE7XWTC9R

Huzzah, more s4 Olicity with OTA teaming up with Team Flash!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

So are Supergirl and Flash going to keep getting new promo posters every week from now on?

Probably not every week, but that musical crossover is coming up, and they usually do one for the season's main villain, and there hasn't been one for Savitar yet.

4 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Whenever Grodd shows up I wish Dig would crossover to Flash. He doesn't have to help but I NEED to see him react to a sentient gorilla. 

I'm gonna need some Joe/Diggle interaction in this as they both "nope" right out of that fight.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

From what I've been reading, he did a fantastic job with Lego Batman.

(That is not a sentence I ever would have expected to type.)

He did! I saw Lego Batman on Tuesday and loved it. I'm just afraid of what tone TPTB will go for - light like Lego Batman or grimdark like the rest of the DCCU. I don't want Goyer or Snyder anywhere near my beloved Dick Grayson. 

• Love 6

Just caught up on Legends this week and totally think that Ray and Felicity would have been a perfect match. 

*waves Palmer Island flag sadly and reminisces the awesome days of s3 when Felicity was in a love triangle with Ray and Oliver*

Edited by Mellowyellow
Spelling
  • Love 2

CW eyes true four-way superhero crossover next season
NATALIE ABRAMS FEBRUARY 24, 2017 AT 4:16PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/24/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-tomorrow-crossover/

During the Invasion crossover, the heroes of Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, and Legends teamed up to battle the Dominators. However, some fans griped that it wasn’t quite a four-way crossover because the storytelling didn’t actually take place across all four shows. Save for a brief epilogue scene during Supergirl‘s winter finale, the action was mainly featured on The Flash, Arrow, and Legends, making it a four-way crossover on three shows.

However, the producers are already hard at work figuring out the logistics of rectifying that for next season. “Next year, we’re hoping to do a true four-way crossover,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. “The great thing about our dear friends at the CW and Mark Pedowitz picking the shows up as early as they did has allowed us to start building the schedules for next season.”

Explaining that the shows continue filming other episodes while shooting the crossovers, Kreisberg says, “One of the big things we learned from two years ago, which made the crossovers this year slightly easier, was building in shut-down days, where shows just went dark. The single hardest factor in doing the crossovers is actors’ availability because the shows keep going on. You’re basically juggling four shows worth of schedules.”

“The thing that we didn’t really plan on — because we weren’t aware that we were going to switch Supergirl from CBS to CW and it was really going to be part of it — that was the one show that didn’t have built-in shut-down days, so all the other ones did,” Kreisberg continues. “Melissa [Benoist] ended up being heavily in Flash and then in Arrow, so Supergirl was the one we needed to shut down the most and it was the one that we didn’t have any opportunity to. Now that we’ve gotten the early pickup and we’ve started designing the seasons, we’re building in those dark days, and actually more dark days on Supergirl than the other shows, to make it a little easier.”

Thus, there’s a strong chance of seeing a real four-way crossover next season — though it’s not yet officially confirmed.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

Someone asked Paul Dini if he would ever write an episode for DCTV and he said it's unlikely, and it made me irrationally sad? 

Give Paul Dini a rando episode, Berlanti. I bet it would be funtimes.

Give Dini an entire show tbh

• Love 3