Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

But Flash isnt airing on Valentines Day ... so they might not get a poster. 

Valentine's Day in on Tuesday this year. I thought The Flash airs on Tuesday. Or are they in repeats next week?

Yes, Flash is a repeat next week. They needed a break so that they can go straight through with their 2-part Earth-2 episodes, and the episodes leading up to the musical.

Edited by Trini
14 minutes ago, Proteus said:

They are having a 2 part Gorilla City episode. GC is located on E2.

I liked Grodd.  I'm looking forward to some silly fun after the constant cry of "Will Iris die?!!"

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I liked Grodd.  I'm looking forward to some silly fun after the constant cry of "Will Iris die?!!"

I like Grodd too.  I'm planning to watch these two even though I haven't been watching this year.  The musical episode is still TBD - I'll wait for reviews on that one.

4 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

So i am guessing this romance is a go ... on Supergirl

Yay the forced Romance!! The new guy who like Ray in Season 3 eats up more screen time than loved Regulars like Alex and J'onn. The guy who gets to be in the Muiscal instead of Alex. Bet he makes Paley fest over David Harewood or even Chyler Leigh 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Boooooo! Seriously Olicity is by FAR the most popular romance/ship on the CW with fans and media yet we didn't get an Olicity poster yet WestAllen and the El love birds did hmph.

OMG Did WestAllen really get one?

What have they got against Olicity or even Felicity for that matter? Is it that the character got popular beyond their control and they couldn't flog the characters they wanted to flog?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Boooooo! Seriously Olicity is by FAR the most popular romance/ship on the CW with fans and media yet we didn't get an Olicity poster yet WestAllen and the El love birds did hmph.

Well, Lord Mesa did one... but then again it was an homage to the Titanic poster which is a little prophetic now. I was leery of it at the time, but I thought no this ship is powerful to break through curses and superstitions. :( Things may be topsy turvy out there, but at least we know some premonitions are real.

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

What have they got against Olicity or even Felicity for that matter? Is it that the character got popular beyond their control and they couldn't flog the characters they wanted to flog?

I'm pretty sure WestAllen got one. I think I remember seeing talk of it on Twitter.

Regardless even though Suzanne/Chico hasn't requested a Olicity poster I take comfort in the fact that they are the only couple WB has used to promote the brand and they trump her ha.

Maybe we will get one when they get back together.

• Love 3

I was catching up on the Flash this week and Barry was such a good boyfriend and it just made me so so so sad about Olicity!

*sniffles*

I'm so sad! They used to be so loving and now all we get is a hand jab or a hug if we're lucky.

So sad! My shipping mental state was fine this week and then the Flash just made me super sad! Damn you Barry!!!!!!!

• Love 1

Since I'm not a fan of Ben Affleck, any number of snarky comments come to mind - but I'll refrain...

‘The Batman’ Finds New Director in Matt Reeves
Justin Kroll   FEBRUARY 10, 2017 | 06:22PM PT
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/the-batman-new-director-matt-reeves-ben-affleck-1201977575/

Matt Reeves is in early talks to take over directing duties after Ben Affleck stepped down from the role in late January. Affleck will still star in and produce the Warner Bros. movie.

Sources tell Variety that the “Cloverfield” and “War for the Planet of the Apes” director has already committed to helming the superhero pic, although a deal isn’t done yet. Variety first reported that Reeves was high on the list of directors to replace Affleck, but, until recently, meetings were still being held with other filmmakers.

Affleck will still have a significant role in the direction of the film — the first solo movie to star Affleck as the Caped Crusader — after writing the script with Geoff Johns, but he will now have more time to focus on acting.

Edited by tv echo
11 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I'm pretty sure WestAllen got one. I think I remember seeing talk of it on Twitter.

Regardless even though Suzanne/Chico hasn't requested a Olicity poster I take comfort in the fact that they are the only couple WB has used to promote the brand and they trump her ha.

Maybe we will get one when they get back together.

If the forced Romance can get one and they aren't even together than Olicity should have one 

• Love 3
On 2/11/2017 at 1:21 AM, LeighAn said:
On 2/10/2017 at 11:26 PM, Mellowyellow said:

An official one from CW marketing? I don't think so. 95% of the posters/ads/promo for The Flash are Grant Gustin by himself in the Flash costume; the rest are whatever costumed character. With Barry and Iris' relationship being so prominent this season, a poster for WestAllen would be great, but I know they refuse to be great. There's never even been a proper cast/team photo in 3 seasons!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Facebook video posted by John Barrowman on Feb. 12, 2017...
https://www.facebook.com/JohnBarrowmanMBE/videos/1439535166056901/

JB: "I'm doing Flash, Legends and Arrow all at the same time. I think I've just completed the Flash musical episode, which is gonna be awesome. You're gonna love it... I'm going to Los Angeles this afternoon. And then I fly back to Vancouver on Monday night to start work Tuesday. And I'm back on Legends on Tuesday. And then we have the final episode on Legends that starts - I think, starts Tuesday, and we go into that. And then I have some - a little time off. And then I'm going back into Arrow. So, I know a lot of people keep asking, 'so when can I see you on Arrow?' Remember, the stuff that we've shot, we've already shot this a little while ago, and you see them at a different time, cause, like, you know, you just got to be patient."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

TV Pilot Season 2017: By the Numbers
FEBRUARY 13, 2017 7:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-pilot-season-2017-by-numbers-975350

Overall orders are down considerably as the Big Four broadcast networks continue to buy largely from their vertically aligned studio counterparts.
Amid the so-called Peak TV era of 450-plus scripted originals and seemingly countless buyers, the Big Four have started to narrow their focus. This pilot season, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW collectively ordered 73 dramas and comedies (including straight-to-series orders). That's down considerably from last year's tally of 88 and a far cry from the whopping 98 they picked up just four years ago.
As the ratings barometer to determine success continues to sink (a 1.0 in the demo frequently is celebrated), none of the five broadcast networks has pulled a show off the air so far this season. That has created a traffic jam for midseason, with many shows still awaiting a slot on the schedule. In turn, many networks are starting to be more mindful of the increasing costs associated with casting and filming a pilot as well as the price tag associated with launching new shows. The stocked cupboards has created a reduced need this pilot season as three of the five broadcasters are down year-over-year.
CW: 6 (even)
Mark Pedowitz's younger-skewing network saved Fox's DC Comics drama Black Lightning after Fox passed on the drama, with producer Greg Berlanti accounting for a third of the network's pilots this season. The network also went for a mix of soapy (Dynasty) and timely (Army drama Valor) as high-profile reboots Charmed and The Lost Boys were rolled to be redeveloped next season. On the studio side, the network continued its corporate mandate to split buys from co-owners Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios.

Dramas: 6 (even)

Big swing: Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage return to the network with a new, modern take on Dynasty
Warner Bros. Television: 12 (13 in 2016)
Berlanti accounted for a third of the sales this year for Peter Roth's independent studio, including three of its five dramas. The studio also was able to score a pilot pickup for Happy Peppers at NBC in exchange for loaning out Max Mutchnick — who has an overall deal with the studio — to Universal for NBC's Will and Grace revival. It's also worth noting that WBTV was the only studio to sell to each of the Big Four broadcast networks this season. Rank last year: fifth.

Dramas: 5
Comedies: 7

Edited by tv echo

This is interesting...

How Ancient Legends Gave Birth to Modern Superheroes
Evan Narcisse  Feb. 8, 2017
http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-ancient-legends-gave-birth-to-modern-superheroes-1792144697?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=io9_twitter

... The Evolution of the Costumed Avenger: The 4000-Year History of the Superhero is [Jess] Nevins’ newest book, a massive undertaking that does nothing less than track the notional history of an entire pop culture genre.
... Nevins’ book serves in part as a tour of heroic literature from ancient times to the 21st Century, showing how the myths and poetic adventures of past eras fed into the DNA of superhero fiction. Here’s an excerpt from the book’s opening pages:

A superhero cannot be defined solely by superhuman powers, because Batman, to name just one, has no superhuman powers. A superhero cannot be defined solely by costume, for a number of superheroes, like the 1990s iteration of DC’s Starman (as created by James Robinson and Tony Harris and appearing in one of the most aesthetically successful extended superhero runs) often appeared wearing no costume. A superhero cannot be defined solely by a mission statement (“fighting crime,” “supporting the oppressed”); like a number of characters of the 1940s, Joe Simon and Jack Kirby’s Captain America is primarily a soldier, fighting in a war, rather than a crimefighter. A superhero cannot be defined by having an alternate or dual secret identity; heroes like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby’s Fantastic Four are public heroes, while Arnold Drake, Bob Haney, and Bruno Premiani’s Robotman has no secret identity. A superhero cannot be defined as being generically distinct from characters of other genres; too many examples of superheroes to name appear in other cultural genres (but see below). A superhero cannot be defined by the end result of her actions; comic superheroes like E. Nelson Bridwell and Joe Orlando’s Inferior Five are incompetent, but are nonetheless superheroes despite their inability to catch the bad guy. A superhero cannot be defined as someone who appears in superhero comics or films; the superhero, perhaps surprisingly, is common in many different modes and commercial genres and media. A superhero cannot be defined as someone appearing in anything branded and sold as a superhero text; superheroes have become pervasive enough to appear in works branded and sold as “mainstream” or “literary.” And so on.
... Instead, what needs to be done is to identify the individual elements that make up the continuum of superheroes. The more of these elements a character has, the more of a superhero she is (and the reverse is true as well), but there is no ideal, Platonic form of the superhero to be reached—there is no “pure” superhero to whom all others are compared. Not even Superman, the iconic superhero, is the ideal form of the character type.

Jess Nevins: Essentially, the heroenkonzept is the core concept of the character, the individual elements of the character that make them unique—everything from their origin story to their superpowers to their costume. Superman’s heroenkonzept is “last survivor of a doomed planet” along with “raised by human parents in Kansas” and “ultimate immigrant to the United States” and “superhumanly powerful body” and all those other elements that make him different from every other character, especially the Superman clones.

How it relates... well, there are a bunch of core elements we can use to determine whether a character is more or less of a superhero. As I say in the first chapter, I don’t believe in a binary, yes/no judgment of whether a character is a superhero or not, I believe in a continuum of characters who rate as more superheroic or less superheroic. The heroenkonzept, and the elements and tropes and motifs that make it up, essentially place a character on that scale. Take a cowboy character. Her heroenkonzept is going to have all the elements of a traditional cowboy—the Western setting, the big hat, the six shooters, etc. That heroenkonzept won’t place her on the superheroic continuum. But add in a selfless mission to fight crime, and a costume, and suddenly her heroenkonzept does qualify her.
As for who fits my definition—well, any character with some or many of the superheroic elements I list in the book can be called a protosuperhero. Those elements separate ordinary heroes from protosuperheroes. So Robin Hood’s there (selfless mission + costume + codename + vigilantism) as is Roland (selfless mission + extraordinary weapon + extraordinary foes) and Enkidu from the Epic of Gilgamesh (colorful origin + selfless mission + distinctive appearance/costume + superpowers) and Mary Frith, a.k.a. “Moll Cutpurse” (selfless mission + costume + codename + fighting skills + vigilantism). There are a lot of characters who can be considered protosuperheroes, by this way of thinking, but as long as a character has the selfless mission (which no hero can be without) and some of the superheroic elements, they qualify. Whether or not they are significant protosuperheroes is another matter entirely, of course.
Which mainstream comic book superheroes have the most surprising forebears?
Nevins: Oh, there are too many of them for me to choose! ...  Any hero influenced by Robin Hood, like Green Arrow, owes a debt to the latrones, the outlaw heroes of the Roman Empire. Superheroines like Supergirl and Wonder Woman can look back and see how the female knights of the Middle Ages were there before them in terms of superpowers and an independent attitude. Most of the heroes, when you start looking at influences on them, have unexpected ancestors.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

EXCLUSIVE: STORY DETAILS ON DC’S BLACK LIGHTNING
Posted by Jean-François Allaire | Feb 13, 2017 
http://splashreport.com/story-details-dcs-black-lightning/

In present day Watts, the One Hundred street gang is winning the war against the LAPD and the local citizens. Jefferson Pierce, 40, is the principal of the local high school. He’s been separated from his wife Lynn for over a decade ever since he stopped being the superhero Black Lightning. The violent street gang killed an innocent high school student that Black Lightning was desperately trying to protect. His younger daughter Jennifer is a student athlete while his older daughter Anissa teaches at the high school.

Jefferson has been trying to make the high school an oasis of hope for the violent neighborhood. After a gangbanger gets Jennifer in trouble, Jefferson is forced to use his powers for the first time in a decade. After rescuing her and beating up two racist LAPD cops, he’s saved by Gambi his former mentor. He pleads to Jefferson to bring back Black Lightning because the neighborhood needs to be saved from the One Hundred. He refuses but finally needs to bring back his heroic persona when his two daughters are kidnapped by gang members…
This is solid network television screenwriting. Salim Akil (The Game, Being Mary Jane) who penned the pilot is a fantastic writer. There’s a high level of grittiness in the story that is a million miles away from the rest of the CW superhero line-up. I think CBS missed the boat on passing on this project. With the success of Empire on FOX and Luke Cage on Netflix, a show like Black Lightning could have brought them great ratings.
I hope the network doesn’t dilute the darker tone of the show. If done properly, Black Lightning could become CW’s biggest hit.

Edited by tv echo

Here’s What Broadcast TV Presidents Have Learned So Far This Season
Jason Lynch   Feb. 13, 2017
http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/heres-what-broadcast-tv-presidents-have-learned-so-far-this-season/

It’s been another challenging season for the broadcast networks. Between the presidential election and the continued shift in viewing habits, all of them except NBC are down this season in the all-important adults 18-49 demo (NBC, which is No. 1 in the demo this season, is even with last season.) But a few standout new shows—particularly This Is Us—are giving them hope for the future. The five broadcast chiefs talked with Adweek about the biggest lesson they’ve learned so far this season:
The CW president Mark Pedowitz: “The biggest surprise to me, from a programming point of view, is that NBC did a remarkable job with This Is Us. Also, the growth of that audience, because you would have thought it would have headed down the direction of Parenthood, as opposed to the other way. So kudos to them; they deserve credit.”

• Love 1

How many superheroes do we need on TV?
Nathan Braun   Feb. 14, 2017
http://www.popdust.com/how-many-superheroes-do-we-need-on-tv-2261222014.html

... The CW has turned one hit show into a massive four series television universe all its own, allowing Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl to interact with their characters and create crossover team-ups designed to mimic the goofy joys of its source material. NBC is attempting to spoof these universes with its light DC adjacent sitcom Powerless and Netflix has taken Marvel characters like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage to dark, gritty places in self contained stories that can only be offered on a subscription model.

And yet, despite this plethora of interpretations and the top tier talent the shows attract, most of them don't appear willing to provide anything I can't already find in their cinematic counterparts. Between Arrow, Gotham, and Netflix's upcoming Iron Fist, we'll have yet another retelling of a rich, attractive, white man physical training to become a vigilante after a traumatic event. Other, more continuity driven shows like S.H.I.E.L.D or CW's Arrow-verse, that I initially wanted to give a chance have since proceeded to the point of denseness where returning is no longer an option without starting them all simultaneously from the beginning. But most importantly, very few of these shows have felt like truly essential viewing. Beyond the novelty of seeing characters unlikely to earn a solo film given their moment on screen, creatively many of these shows seem to exist to remind us of other projects. With DC and Marvel continuing to battle for box office dominance, these shows effectively keep their fans satiated until its time to buy another movie ticket Only the Netflix series have felt willing to offer political and social substance along with the goofy pleasures of watching super strong characters punch each other. The pop culture renaissance of the superhero will only last as long as there are interesting and thoughtful stories to go along with the familiar brands and faces.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Kevin Smith interview: Yoga Hosers, Arrow, Mallrats
Rob Leane  Feb. 14, 2017
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/kevin-smith/47245/kevin-smith-interview-yoga-hosers-arrow-mallrats

Before I get rushed out - is anything happening with the idea to do Onomatopoeia [the DC supervillain that Smith created] for Arrow season 5?
Oh my god, I would love that so much. I’ve not heard from anybody over there, even though I’ve talked about it in the press quite a bit and stuff. Um, but not from team Arrow. I know I’m going back to The Flash, first week of September, to direct episode 7 of season 3. Still haven’t heard anything back from Arrow. You know, I wish, it would be amazing because I would love to write and direct Onomatopoeia in the show. Um, but I know they’re doing – what is it? – Wild Dog this year, as well as Vigilante, so maybe they’re just like ‘we don’t need you’, or whatever. But, at the moment, anyone over there raises a flag, I’m like ‘please, let me in!’ That’d be fun as fuck.

I remember you were saying once you didn’t think Onomatopeia could work in live action. What changed your mind on that?
Yeah, I’ve figured out a way to do it that is kinda bad-ass. And also connects to comics more or less. So instead of just doing the actual sound – which to me, in the real world, would be like the dude from Police Academy making noises with his mouth – he’ll just have little cards. Business cards that have typewritten words of whatever the fuck. So instead of him saying ‘blam’, you’d find this card on your desk and turn around and ‘blam’, he’d shoot you and stuff like that. Which I think is a little more chilly, you know, for doing it in live action.

On a comic book page, those big word balloons with a tiny word in it were so fucking sweet. It looks beautifully graphic, like, at the same time it creates an image of like ‘this is weird’. But I don’t know if audibly making noises would ever work in the real world, so I think those cards would be bad-ass, man. So [you read] ‘slit’, and you’re like “slit?”, and then all of a sudden you turn around he cuts your fucking throat and dude just cocks his head Michael Myers style and watches you go down. So yeah, I’ve obviously thought about it a little bit, but it would be cool to do. Hopefully, hopefully they tap me.

Yeah, I really hope so –
And even if they don’t, maybe I could do it on Flash, or Legends Of Tomorrow, or now Supergirl as well. There’s a couple of shows there!

Edited by tv echo
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

Arrow Tackles Gun Control Debate + Supergirl’s New Romance
Published on Feb 13, 2017, by DC Entertainment

Not sure I want to watch ARROW tackle gun control considering how complex a real life issue it is, but I guess it was inevitable.

The last time they had a show devoted to another character's flashbacks that was not part of the original core cast, the person was shot down and killed in the end. Wondering if this is the start of Wild Dog is going to die this season story arc. Or perhaps, that's just wishful thinking.

Edited by kismet

Character breakdowns for The CW’s highly-anticipated adaptation of DC Comics’ Black Lightning have made their way online via That Hashtag Show, and it seems the folks at Heroic Hollywood are the ones who were able to transcribe and post the reveals online.

So what can we look forward to in this adaptation?

Both of Jefferson Pierce’s daughters are in this story, for one. It appears the rest of his family is in this one too; of course, as the description states, “with a daughter hellbent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend Black Lightning.”

JEFFERSON PIERCE:  “Male, African-American, late 30s to 50. Handsome, fit, with an athletic build. Former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his student and hero to the local community. JEFFERSON is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife LYNN. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control. Think Idris Elba. LEAD.

JENNIFER: Female. African-American, LEGAL 18 to play 16. JEFFERSON’s younger daughter. JENNIFER is a scholar athlete; beautiful with a lean, athletic runner’s build. She is the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak. SERIES REGULAR, ASP.

ANISSA: Female. African-American, to play 22. JEFFERSON’s elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent; intense and passionate. ANISSA has a great respect for her father. ANISSA balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part time teacher at JEFFERSON’s school. SERIES REGULAR, ASP.

LYNN: Female, African-American, mid 30s to 50. Exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with. Can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side. SERIES REGULAR, ASP.

It’s been just over a week since we reported that the Black Lightning pilot originally intended for Fox had been ordered by The CW and now, supposed plot details surrounding the show have surfaced.

Posted on entertainment-based website Slash Report earlier today, the site says the show will revolve around Jefferson Pierce, a 40-year-old high school principal who hasn’t used his superpowers in over a decade. That fact changes when he needs to save his two daughters that have been kidnapped by the One Hundred street gang, a group that’s currently at war with the LAPD. Pierce puts on the Black Lightning mantle once more in his fight against the One Hundred.

According to Slash Report, the series is set to tackle many of the problems we see every day on the news including corruption and racism.

Created by Tony Isabella and artist Trevor Von Eeden, Jefferson Pierce, more commonly known as his super hero persona Black Lightning, first appeared in Black Lightning #1 (1977), becoming one of the first African American superheroes to receive his own comic book.

The Black Lightning pilot episode will be produced by Mara Brock Akil, Sarah Schecter, and Salim Akil. Salim Akil is also set to write the episode.

Edited by Velocity23

Ben Affleck Quitting Batman Might Be Just the Disaster the DC Superhero Movies Need
By Abraham Riesman   Feb. 14, 2017
http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/ben-affleck-quitting-batman-might-be-better-for-everyone.html

We all saw the Sad Ben Affleck memes last year, but they belied a significant question: Just how sad was he? Only sad enough to need a nap during the grueling Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice press tour? Perhaps sad enough to think about reworking his approach to the Batman solo flick he was on tap to direct and co-write? Or could he have been sad enough to think about putting away his Batarangs forever? The last option seemed unlikely back in March, but according to a report from Collider’s John Campea, a Bat-tirement is suddenly being murmured about as a distinct possibility.

Such a move would be disastrous for Warner Bros. — but a cleansing disaster is exactly what the studio needs right now. Same goes for the star. In fact, Ben Affleck quitting the DC Entertainment superhero universe could be the best thing that’s happened to either in a while. In the still-turbulent wake of BvS’s critical drubbing and financial underperformance, it’s clear that something has to change in order for the DC cosmology to effectively compete with its rivals at Marvel Studios. This could be that change. It might be time for Batfleck to hang up the pointy-eared cowl so he and DC can rethink everything.

Before we go any further, it should be said that Affleck might actually be perfectly happy with Warner right now, or that happiness might be right around the corner. A positive critical and/or box office showing for Wonder Woman or the Affleck-starring Justice League could improve morale among the DC team and provide Ben with hope for the future. These rumors could also merely be the negotiating tactic of a mostly contented man who just wants fatter paychecks going forward. Maybe the Dark Knight is smiling.
But it seems plausible that all is not well in the Batcave. Just a few weeks ago, Affleck became the latest director to step down from a planned DC project, abandoning the helm of the long-brewing The Batman. This wasn’t a full-on divorce: As of now, he’s still producing it and there’s no evidence they’ve thrown out the script that he co-wrote with longtime DC Comics writer and current DC Films co-chief Geoff Johns. We don’t know for sure what happened to bring about the shift, but it’s hard to imagine how it could be born out of a smoothly progressing production. Happy directors don’t generally leave their fold-up canvas chairs.

Indeed, it looks less and less like the DC Extended Universe is a happy place to be for anyone, what with the fact that The Flash has already lost two directors while Shazam can’t seem to land even one — despite bizarrely already having a planned spinoff. That’s where we get into the first reason everyone might win if Ben walks: He would be happier. It was always a little odd that an acclaimed director and formidable dramatic actor would try to squeeze himself into the focus-grouped constraints of a superhero franchise. He theoretically had the chance to make The Batman the rare truly auteurist spandex flick by writing, directing, and starring in it, but that option’s now off the table. What else does he have going for him in staying Batman, other than money he probably doesn’t need?
As of now, the extremely rocky arrivals of BvS and Suicide Squad have not resulted in any major shake-ups at DC Entertainment. Zack Snyder is still directing Justice League and remains a key player in the overall franchise’s creative approach. Squad director David Ayer is still on tap for the Harley Quinn spinoff. May brought an announcement that Johns and producer Jon Berg were being put in charge of Films, a then-new entity, but sources have told me that they were more or less already doing what they’re currently doing — the announcement was primarily cosmetic. Nothing has forced a major reconsideration of the DC Extended Universe.

Edited by tv echo