Type keyword(s) to search

The Walking Dead in the Media

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Nagen did that in last weeks episode.   I didn't want to see that visual then, and I don't want to think about it now.

I avoid spoilers at all costs.  That said I was reading some articles over at comicbook.com, and I have yet to find one that is critical of Kang or TWD.   Am I just picking the wrong articles to read?

They seem to be more interested in the battles of the season and not developing true intimate relationships. 

😆🤣 None of us want to think about it.

I don't go looking for any articles and just skim a few I see linked here. So far I have not seen one that doesn't hail the genius of Kang. There has to be some reason for that, but I'm not sure what it is. Are they paying someone other than wee Hardwick to rave about the brilliance?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

So far I have not seen one that doesn't hail the genius of Kang. There has to be some reason for that, but I'm not sure what it is. Are they paying someone other than wee Hardwick to rave about the brilliance?

TWD often give these sites exclusive interviews and clips to play, with the obvious benefits, they’d get Jack if they slagged off the show. They do raise the odd viewer complaint but nothing heavy.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The problem is if they are going to do nothing but kiss Kang's and/or TWD's butt, IMO it makes their opinion pieces questionable if not useless. 

I’ll take “Useless Things” for 1000, Alex.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The Walking Dead recently shocked its viewers with a sex scene involving two villains. Negan and Alpha stripped down in the woods, embraced each other in the nude, and got it on with their socks on after the scene cut away to a commercial break. The rest was left for viewers to fill in the blanks with their imaginations.

Shocked? Yes, we were, but not for the reasons they think. "Horrified" is probably a better word.

Sex scene? Who saw any sex taking place? Not I. Oh, right. It took place off-camera.

And we nearly got another shocking "sex"(with no sex) scene with Laura (the actress has some bad grammar going on) and Eugene. But we didn't.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2020/03/04/the-walking-dead-sex-scene-deleted-video-eugene-laura/

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The Walking Dead recently shocked its viewers with a sex scene involving two villains. Negan and Alpha stripped down in the woods, embraced each other in the nude, and got it on with their socks on after the scene cut away to a commercial break. The rest was left for viewers to fill in the blanks with their imaginations nightmares.

FTFY

• LOL 1
(edited)

If anyone cares, TWD returned after the midwinter break to improved ratings, but then fell a week later (last week) to new series low ratings...
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-walking-dead-season-10-ratings/

Air date        Episode        18-49 demo    % demo change    Viewers (mil)    % mil change
11/24/2019   10-08             1.02                   -8.93%                   3.214                   -2.90%
2/23/2020     10-09             1.20                   17.65%                   3.518                    9.46%
3/1/2020       10-10             1.00                  -16.67%                  3.159                 -10.20%

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, tv echo said:

If anyone cares, TWD returned after the midwinter break to improved ratings, but then fell a week later (last week) to new series low ratings...

Wow. Didn't this show used to bring in 11 to 12 million viewers a week on a regular basis? I was about to ask how it has nor been cancelled, then I remember that I read it is *still* AMC's highest rated show. I just wish someone in power would  say, "this is unacceptable. Let's course correct and do whatever is necessary to bring the audience back."

I know, I know...I'm living in a fantasy world. 😞

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

TV Characters We Miss
By Andy Swift / March 8 2020
https://tvline.com/gallery/tv-characters-returning-stabler-svu-photos/walking-dead-rick-returning/ 

Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
We know, we know — Rick’s story is going to continue on the big screen. But it’s on the small screen that Andrew Lincoln’s character is really needed. Since the AMC drama’s primary protagonist was “killed” in Season 9, the show has wandered as aimlessly as a newly-turned walker. Plus, Judith and R.J. deserve to get to know the father who in their minds is as much a myth as a man.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Dropped again - ratings for Sunday, March 8th's TWD episode (10x11-Morning Star) hit new series lows of 0.92 in 18-49 demo and 2.927M in total viewers (I believe that this is the first time the show has fallen below 1.0 in demo)...

Cancellation Watch Weekly Roundup: The Walking Dead Continues to Slip, MacGyver Holds Steady, and More
By johnnyjay | March 10, 2020
http://www.cancelledscifi.com/2020/03/10/cancellation-watch-weekly-roundup-the-walking-dead-continues-to-slip-macgyver-holds-steady-and-more/ 

Ratings Results of Interest: On Sunday, AMC’s The Walking Dead slipped yet again to a new series low, posting a 0.92 rating based on same-day viewing for the 18-49 demographic with 2.9 million total viewers. That show still ranks as one of the top-rated scripted entries on television and it has already been renewed for an eleventh season. But don’t be surprised if AMC looks at wrapping it up around its twelfth year.

Edited by tv echo

The Walking Dead Giving Negan More Scenes With Carol and Other Big Characters After Major Death

Well of course they are, it’s the final few steps on his road to redemption, which leads to an important place in the hierarchy of the remaining communities. I can’t wait to see Maggie’s reaction when he’s strutting around like king dick 🤬

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-10-alphas-fate-explained-1284728

To be fair, there's not really anyplace they can go with the character if they don't integrate him into the cast somewhat since the show is hellbent on keeping him.  None of these people could be bothered to dirty their hands to put him down even when presented with the opportunity at various points over the years, so now they have to deal with the fallout from that when they can't just lock him away and forget about him again.  

• Love 3

EW's interviews with Angela Kang and Danai Gurira...

The Walking Dead showrunner on what's next for Michonne
By Dalton Ross March 22, 2020
https://ew.com/tv/the-walking-dead-showrunner-whats-next-for-michonne/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Tell me about the conversations between you and Danai about what you all wanted to accomplish with this last chapter from Michonne.
ANGELA KANG
: I think as with exiting Andy as Rick, Michonne has been such a key part of the show. So we really wanted to give her a weighty farewell that was interesting and hopefully did some things that were new and yet had some bearing on her story as a whole. And obviously, [Walking Dead chief content officer] Scott Gimple and I were in contact about how this might tie into the larger universe. And we went about our process in the writers' room and Danai — who is herself a writer, and an amazing one — and I talked. And I think really for her, what was important was just the feeling that Michonne is strong and that there's this connection to her children, which we were on the same page about. So we went from there.
Let’s talk about a few of those. Obviously, it starts off the initial Andrea meetup scene. I assume that's in there because that's where it all started, and that's where Michonne, as we know, ultimately had to make that choice at the very end of season 2, and taking a look at what had happened if she had not made that choice. Tell me about that and tell me about the challenges of having to syncing up old material with the newly filmed material.
For us, the way she came into the show was by helping a stranger, Andrea. And Andrea is one of our beloved characters that we had at the time. But here comes this person with these two zombies on chains and she doesn't have to help her, she knows nothing about this woman, and she makes a choice to do so. And so that is what brings her ultimately into our group's orbit. And without making that choice, if she had made the choice to say, "I don't know this person. I'd rather not," the trajectory of her life would've been different. So we thought that that was a good place to start the story of what happens when all those decisions slide.

In terms of syncing up with older episodes, it was a really interesting and kind of fun process. I think our VFX team did really an amazing job, and our partners in the VFX space that work with us took a ton of planning. Production had to recreate certain situations to get new footage such as the lineup with Negan and Michonne. They basically recreated the RV behind them and Negan and Michonne and her kind of passing through.

But we had a lot of alternate footage for that scene that had been shot to try to prevent spoilers. So we used that, and obviously, there're scenes that appeared in the show in other scenarios, such as Glenn and Heath coming into the room. And we recreated the beds in the corners and put Laura there and put Michonne in there. So it was really this wonderful melding of production kind of recreating certain spaces, and then post taking old footage and very cleverly using CGI to kind of put old and new footage together. And I think everybody just did an amazing job because they always pulled together so well to face whatever challenges we kind of throw at them.
We see later that she discovers Rick's boots, which leads her on this new mission. And then she goes on and she finds the phone and there's the word Rick on it, and there are images of Michonne and Judith. There's also some lettering on that phone. Can you tell me what that lettering says?
This was from speaking with Scott Gimple and what are the things that we want to have leading Michonne into her next chapter of her story, hopefully. And I believe the Japanese says something like “Believe a little longer." So it was a message to Rick from somebody, somehow on this boat. By steering Virgil, it's sort of the universe rewarded her with finding these clues that Rick is indeed alive somewhere, or he was not too long ago.
So what can you tell us about this group marching off that she sees at the end? Is this the same three-rings group that took Rick in the helicopter?
More of a question for Scott Gimple. But I will say that as far as I know, this group is not part of that same group. They kind of have a whole different way of dress. They're dressed in animal skins. They're traveling in kind of this very organized caravan. Everything we know about the three-rings group is they've got people shuttling people about by helicopter up and down the coast. So yeah, we'll see what adventures await.

And I guess we have to assume at this point in time that Michonne is somewhere between Virginia and New Jersey?
Yeah, she started that journey kind of heading up north. So somewhere in between.

So does this also then tell us that Danai is going to be part of The Walking Dead movie with Andrew Lincoln?
Well, I really hope those two reunite is what I could say. I mean, it's sort of not my realm. But certainly, I think it's like we're promising some sort of new story ahead. It won't be on my show, unfortunately, but there is some sort of plan for a handoff happening here.

Danai Gurira reveals all about Michonne's final episode of The Walking Dead
By Dalton Ross March 22, 2020 
https://ew.com/tv/michonne-walking-dead-danai-gurira-what-we-became/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First off, walk me through the decision to leave The Walking Dead. Why was now the time to make the move?
DANAI GURIRA: It was incredibly hard to even imagine leaving. I loved that show. I loved the family that I had there, and that I always have. The beauty of coming to work and loving the people you're around and the work that you're doing and the things you get to do and call it your job, is like nothing I could have imagined. So it's been a true gift to my life to have been part of it. It's always hard to accept that it's time to allow yourself to go in another direction. And it was incredibly hard to come to that place, but I had to. I had to start articulating it to myself and then to others, and it took a while to do that, because it was my home.

But there are aspects of my work as a writer, and I needed to allow it to have space. To really let it have its space in my life and in my artistic pursuits as well. And I just had to let the space come to pass. So it was really about that moment when you realize, I have to allow this change to be what I'm feeling it saying it needs to be. So it's a process to just come to the acceptance of that fact, and then you can see yourself that it's time to move to the next thing and create the space in your life for something else. And then stress because it's just incredibly hard. But yeah, it just felt like it was the time to do that.
Well, how did it feel playing a Savior and being on the other end of that lineup, which you were in back in the day?
It was crazy. It was so nutty being Negan's right hand. It was a very emotional and painful experience shooting that scene with Negan, and it was our introduction. He just came in and had us on our knees, and then we were losing Glenn and Abraham. It was a really tough component. It was very straining and very emotional. So to step on the other side of it was profoundly trippy. And even the melding of Michonne looking dead into Rick's face, that pulled at my heart a little bit imagining that deeper reality of what was.
What was it like filming those scenes at the lineup where you’re having to react to people that aren’t actually there because it’s all going to be put together in editing? How did you handle that?
They had these fantastic doubles who were there, and they did a great job. And then good old imagination. They put down people there who were dressed as close to the actual people as they could be. And then I connected to them. I mean, there was a part that we didn't end up using where I was in Carl's face quite a bit. Really awful, but it didn't make the cut. I don't know how these things happen. But there was a double playing Carl, that was very dark. But, that exchange as well, for her to see that. We know how much Michonne loved Carl, but the underbelly of that. And if that hadn't gone that way. Basically, we recreated the lineup. Of course, [Jeffrey Dean Morgan] was there, and we created the lineup with the doubles and worked it that way, including a double of Michonne.
So how did you enjoy your death scene where Norman Reedus pumps you full of arrows?
It was awful, awful. No one wants to go down like that. I mean these are people you love, this is your family. So Norman and I shooting that scene, you know, he's left shooting through the crowd and shooting me. Then Rick’s boots pinning my leg, my arm down. That wasn't fun. I don't know how else to tell you.
And if you look ahead, it ends with Michonne on this mission to find Rick. Does that kind of confirm that you're going to be part of this Walking Dead movie with Andrew Lincoln?
[Laughs] I mean, we'll see how it goes, man. You know what I mean?
How did it feel when you drove off that set for the last time and you knew you were saying goodbye?
It was a lot of things, a little heartbreak. It was pain, but it was love and it was joy and it was peace because I feel like I left well. I left with having done my utmost best and given my all and having worked wonderfully with these people who I will always love and respect and I always have relationships with.

I stayed really late because I had to clean out my trailer, and Melissa [McBride] and Scott Gimple and Christian [Serratos] stayed with me. And then as I was like “Guys, I got to go,” Scott started playing a song on his phone, I can't remember what it was. Something scary, maybe something Star Wars-y. It was a tune we all know, but you're going to have to ask him what it was. [Ed. note: Gimple reports that the song was “Fanfare for the Common Man,” by composer Aaron Copland, while McBride also serenaded Gurira with “You’ve Got a Friend.”] And as I got to my car and they helped get everything in and I exited the studio for the last time, it just felt like it felt a completion. And so I'm thankful for that. I felt like I'd exited well. That was the feeling.

21 details you may have missed on Michonne's final episode of 'The Walking Dead'
Kirsten Acuna Mar 22, 2020
https://www.insider.com/the-walking-dead-season-10-episode-13-breakdown-2020-3 

Edited by tv echo

5e77d52eba85ee1bcb25b815?width=600&forma

In a recent EW interview, showrunner Angela Kang responded to questions about the symbols on Rick's cell phone and those people marching off at the end:

We see later that she discovers Rick's boots, which leads her on this new mission. And then she goes on and she finds the phone and there's the word Rick on it, and there are images of Michonne and Judith. There's also some lettering on that phone. Can you tell me what that lettering says?
This was from speaking with Scott Gimple and what are the things that we want to have leading Michonne into her next chapter of her story, hopefully. And I believe the Japanese says something like “Believe a little longer." So it was a message to Rick from somebody, somehow on this boat. By steering Virgil, it's sort of the universe rewarded her with finding these clues that Rick is indeed alive somewhere, or he was not too long ago.
So what can you tell us about this group marching off that she sees at the end? Is this the same three-rings group that took Rick in the helicopter?
More of a question for Scott Gimple. But I will say that as far as I know, this group is not part of that same group. They kind of have a whole different way of dress. They're dressed in animal skins. They're traveling in kind of this very organized caravan. Everything we know about the three-rings group is they've got people shuttling people about by helicopter up and down the coast. So yeah, we'll see what adventures await.

And I guess we have to assume at this point in time that Michonne is somewhere between Virginia and New Jersey?
Yeah, she started that journey kind of heading up north. So somewhere in between.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

I stayed really late because I had to clean out my trailer, and Melissa [McBride] and Scott Gimple and Christian [Serratos] stayed with me. And then as I was like “Guys, I got to go,” Scott started playing a song on his phone, I can't remember what it was. Something scary, maybe something Star Wars-y. It was a tune we all know, but you're going to have to ask him what it was. [Ed. note: Gimple reports that the song was “Fanfare for the Common Man,” by composer Aaron Copland, while McBride also serenaded Gurira with “You’ve Got a Friend.”] And as I got to my car and they helped get everything in and I exited the studio for the last time, it just felt like it felt a completion. And so I'm thankful for that. I felt like I'd exited well. That was the feeling.

This made me cry. 

I wish they had given me something that meaningful in Michonne's last episode.  The character, the actor and the fans deserved it.

Edited by mightysparrow

Last episode delayed because of the virus, they can't complete the post production on E16 so Sunday April 5th will be the "finale" and the best they can say about the remaining episode is they'll be shown later this year.

https://tvline.com/2020/03/24/walking-dead-season-10-finale-episode-16-delayed-coronavirus/

Edited to correct episode numbers - I originally said two episodes E16 and E17 are affected but only one episode (E16) won't air and there is no E17.

Edited by sigmaforce86
On 3/25/2020 at 4:07 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

Last episode delayed because of the virus, they can't complete the post production on E16 so Sunday April 5th will be the "finale" and the best they can say about the remaining episode is they'll be shown later this year.

https://tvline.com/2020/03/24/walking-dead-season-10-finale-episode-16-delayed-coronavirus/

Oh, that's some ironic stuff right there. The season finale, delayed by a global virus.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

The Walking Dead Season 10 Finale Delay Explained by Director and VFX Supervisor

The Walking Dead Season 10 finale "will not disappoint" after being postponed to later this year, promises director and executive producer Greg Nicotero. The coronavirus pandemic impacting all three Walking Dead shows makes it "impossible" to complete post-production on the Season 10 finale, "A Certain Doom," forcing the season to end prematurely with its 15th episode, "The Tower," Sunday, April 5, AMC noted in a statement. The delay comes after the cabler pushed back physical production on The Walking DeadSeason 11 by three to four weeks, paused filming on Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 for up to a month and postponed the series premiere of The Walking Dead: World Beyond, originally scheduled to follow the mothership series' Season 10 finale on Sunday, April 12.

"Post production for those who are curious involves [visual effects], music, sound mixing and sound FX," Nicotero wrote on Instagram. "This process usually goes up to about 3 weeks from air date."

"I'm finding out about this same time you guys are and it's disappointing but the episode will not disappoint," Nicotero continued. "Be safe everyone."

The delay is to "prioritize safety," tweeted Aaron McLane, visual effects supervisor on The Walking Dead since Season 9.

"So disappointed that it came to this but we have to keep our teams protected. When COVID hit many of the studios had to slow down so their employees would be safe. We will deliver a great finale ASAP," McLane tweeted. "Post production usually goes on for months after filming wraps. That’s editing, VFX, music, sound design, color correction, and delivery. We work on an episode up to a few weeks before air. The finale will be amazing but we had to prioritize safety."

Showrunner Angela Kang and the writers' room are continuing work on Season 11 remotely. The various Walking Dead teams are "monitoring everything with the advice from government, and even stronger than advice in most cases, to make sure everyone is healthy and safe," Scott Gimple, TWD chief content officer, told The Hollywood Reporter.

"Like everyone else, once we're given the all clear, we're ready to roar back. Just like with everybody else, it's this weird moment of pause," Gimple said. "There are so many people who work on these shows. Between the three shows, we're talking about [numbering] in the thousands. We want everyone safe and healthy. That's the deal. We all have to pull together to make sure everyone is safe and healthy."

He continued, "All the shows are in some degree or another of writing. Fear the Walking Dead didn't have a ton of writing left, but a good amount of it. We're cooking on [writing The Walking Dead] Season 11. People were starting to peel off and write their scripts, and that's moving along. Post can work remotely to a degree. There's a good amount of work on all of the shows that needed to be done in rooms, and we're still doing that, just not together."

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2020/03/26/the-walking-dead-season-10-finale-delay-explained-director-greg-nicotero-visual-effects-supervisor/

(edited)

The Walking Dead star reveals what it's like working with Andrew Lincoln
BY CHRIS EDWARDS   June 10, 2020
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a32822010/the-walking-dead-andrew-west-andrew-lincoln/ 

The Walking Dead star Andrew J West has revealed what it was like to work with the show's former lead Andrew Lincoln.
In a recent appearance on the Talk Dead To Me podcast, West opened up about his short stint on the show and what it was like to work with Lincoln.
"He is so method," said West. "He is, look, he's the nicest, warmest, most welcoming dude in the world. I love him to death. I had such a great time working with him.

"He takes his job so seriously and I loved it," he continued before joking: "But, I will say I probably still have welts on the side of my body from when he was whacking away at me with a rubber machete during the church scene.

"I think six years later I'm still healing from that. The guy, he's so committed to what he's doing and he's so intense."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Comic-Con@Home: AMC Sets Panels For ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘Fear The Walking Dead’, The Walking Dead: World Beyond’ And ‘NOS4A2’
By Dino-Ray Ramos    June 22, 2020 
https://deadline.com/2020/06/comic-con-at-home-amc-the-walking-dead-fear-the-walking-dead-the-walking-dead-world-beyond-and-nos4a2-1202966227/ 

AMC has unveiled its lineup for this year’s virtual edition of San Diego Comic-Con — also known as Comic-Con@Home which runs July 23-26. The Walking Dead universe will be out in full force with the franchise’s original series as well as Fear the Walking Dead and the newest addition The Walking Dead: World Beyond. In addition, there will be a panel for the vampire drama NOS4A2. Dates and times for the panels will be announced at a later date.
THE WALKING DEAD
The Walking Dead
will make its 11th San Diego Comic-Con appearance with a panel spotlighting the season 10 finale episode, “A Certain Doom,” which will air as a standalone episode later this year. Moderated by Chris Hardwick (Talking Dead), the panel will feature TWDU Chief Content Officer Scott M. Gimple, Showrunner and Executive Producer Angela Kang, Executive Producer Greg Nicotero, who directed the season finale, and cast members Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Lauren Cohan, Josh McDermitt, Ross Marquand and Paola Lazaro, among others.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Here's video of yesterday's TWD panel for Wizard World...

THE WALKING DEAD Panel – Wizard World Virtual Experiences 2020
Fandom Spotlite   Jun 26, 2020

The Walking Dead actors Chandler Riggs, Xander Berkeley, David Morrissey, IronE Singleton, Dan Fogler, Jayson Warner Smith, Juan Javier Cardenas, Emma Bell and Karl Makinen gave a virtual panel through Wizard World Virtual Experiences 2020 to talk about the show, their careers and answer fan questions.

Chandler Riggs was Carl Grimes on The Walking Dead, but is also known for A Million Little Things, Robot Chicken and Inherit the Viper.

Xander Berkeley played Gregory on The Walking Dead, but also has appeared in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Supergirl, MacGyver, 12 Monkeys, Zoo and Aquarius.

David Morrissey played The Governor aka Phillip Blake on The Walking Dead, but is also well known for The Missing, Britannia, Extant, Doctor Who, Blackpool and the upcoming show The Singapore Grip.

IronE Singleton portrayed Theodore ‘T-Dog’ Douglas on The Walking Dead, but is also known for Somebodies, The Blind Side, Seeking Justice and White Man Black Man Jew Man.

Dan Fogler is Luke on The Walking Dead, but is also well known for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, The Goldbergs, Secrets and Lies, and Hannibal.

Jayson Warner Smith was Gavin on The Walking Dead, but is also known for Queen America, Rectify, American Made and Thank You for Your Service.

Juan Javier Cardenas played Dante on The Walking Dead, but is also known for S.W.A.T., Damnation, Lethal Weapon (TV Series), Snowfall and Lusa.

Emma Bell played Amy Harrison in the first season of The Walking Dead, but is also known for Dallas, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Relationship Status and Designated Survivor.

Karl Makinen played Richard in the Kingdom on The Walking Dead, but is also known for roles in Perry Mason, Charmed, The Call of the Wild, Strange Angel, The Princess Diaries and Twin Peaks.

Edited by tv echo
50 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Here's video of yesterday's TWD panel for Wizard World...

THE WALKING DEAD Panel – Wizard World Virtual Experiences 2020
Fandom Spotlite   Jun 26, 2020

So - considering only one of the panel members portrays a character who has not already been killed off in the series - would this be considered a Walking Dead virtual panel of walking dead...?

Too meta for words.  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Friday panel schedule for Comic-Con@Home (SDCC's 2020 virtual event) has been posted...
https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/friday

Friday, July 24:
1:00pm PDT    AMC's The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead will make its 11th San Diego Comic-Con appearance with a panel spotlighting "A Certain Doom, " which will air as a standalone episode later this year. Moderated by Chris Hardwick (Talking Dead), the panel will feature TWDU chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, showrunner and executive producer Angela Kang, executive producer Greg Nicotero, who directed the episode, and cast members Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Lauren Cohan, Josh McDermitt, Seth Gilliam, Ross Marquand, Khary Payton, and Paola Lazaro. In The Walking Dead episode 1016, "A Certain Doom, " Beta engages the final battle of the Whisperer War.
4:00pm PDT    Comic-Con: Robert Kirkman at Home 
Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead, Invincible, Fire Power) shares his latest projects and answers your questions!

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
13 hours ago, tv echo said:

Friday panel schedule for Comic-Con@Home (SDCC's 2020 virtual event) has been posted...
https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/friday

I was very excited about it until I found out they couldn't get Neil.

13 hours ago, tv echo said:

That was the only one I voted for that won.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

'The Walking Dead' is going to have 6 'extra' episodes after the season 10 finale. Here's what that means.

So in case anybody still cares or is bored enough,  the Season 10 season finale is now set to air Oct. 4. Beyond that, the TPTB have apparently pulled an extra half season out of their asses from stuff they had laying around. And yes, I realize with this show that could be a literal thing. We reportedly won't be getting a season 11 until sometime later next year.

‘The Walking Dead’ Adds Extra Episodes To Season 10; No Season 11 This Fall Due To COVID-19 – Comic-Con@Home

• Useful 1
(edited)

Warning: I have not watched these entire videos, so I don't know if there are any spoilers...

AMC's The Walking Dead | Comic-Con@Home 2020
Comic-Con International   Jul 24, 2020

The Walking Dead will make its 11th San Diego Comic-Con appearance with a panel spotlighting “A Certain Doom, ” which will air as a standalone episode later this year. Moderated by Chris Hardwick (Talking Dead), the panel will feature TWDU chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, showrunner and executive producer Angela Kang, executive producer Greg Nicotero, who directed the episode, and cast members Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Lauren Cohan, Josh McDermitt, Seth Gilliam, Ross Marquand, Khary Payton, and Paola Lazaro. In The Walking Dead episode 1016, “A Certain Doom,” Beta engages the final battle of the Whisperer War.

Comic-Con: Robert Kirkman at Home | Comic-Con@Home 2020
Comic-Con International   Jul 24, 2020

Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead, Invincible, Fire Power) shares his latest projects and answers your questions!

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

The Walking Dead Preview Special 2020 to Air Ahead of Season 10 Finale

The one-hour first look airing Sunday, September 27, arrives one week before the October 4 double bill of The Walking Dead Season 10 finale, "A Certain Doom," and the series premiere of new spinoff The Walking Dead: World Beyond. Both episodes were scheduled to air back-to-back on April 15 before being delayed by six months due to coronavirus related complications, and now follow The Walking Dead Season 10: Episode Diaries marathon running through October.

• Love 1

The end. But not really.

Some other articles are downplaying the Carol/Daryl spin-off, making it sound like it has as much chance of happening as a Rick Grimes film. I'm also pessimistic how covid might screw up this schedule.

As much as I love Carol & Daryl, I'd prefer the mothership show them together for the final seasons rather than pairing Daryl with randos & sticking Carol with Aunt Batty. 

• Love 3

I admit I'm struggling to keep up with who has what streaming options now. As near as I can tell IMBd TV is an Amazon owned offshoot that mostly offers 20-year-old movies and some limited "channels" showing bits and pieces of series that have long since aired elsewhere. But with ads to pay for it. I wonder how that will eventually square with Netflix, which last I checked has the entire run of the show up to this last unfinished season. You know, just in case anyone wants to go back and relive The Negan Years in their entirety up to this point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Exact day/time TBA...

New York Comic Con X MCM Comic Con’s Metaverse, October 8-11, 2020
https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/ 
https://www.findthemetaverse.com/schedule 

Free panels will be available on all days of New York Comic Con X MCM Comic Con’s Metaverse on YouTube.com/NYCC starting October 8 - just bookmark this page.

Missed a panel? Head to YouTube.com/NYCC to catch up on panels you may have missed from ReedPop’s Metaverse in August, and make sure you smash that subscribe button on our YouTube page to get notified of new vids!
AMC’s The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead will present a panel at NYCC spotlighting episode 1016, “A Certain Doom,” which will air as a standalone episode Sunday, October 4 at 9 PM ET/8c. In The Walking Dead’s, “A Certain Doom,” Beta engages the final battle of the Whisperer War.

AMC’s Fear The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead will present a panel for the series’ upcoming sixth season, premiering Sunday, October 11 at 9 PM ET/8c. Season six of Fear the Walking Dead explores what has become of the unlikely family once united by a mission to help those in need. After being torn apart by Virginia (Colby Minifie) and her Pioneers, the group is now dispersed across her far-reaching settlements. Morgan’s (Lennie James) last message at the end of season five implored the group to “Live” and this season we’ll see what that means to each of them. Some will find the stability and opportunity within Virginia's communities to be intriguing, some will sink into darkness, while others will fight back against what has been forced upon them. Life behind Virginia's walls will test each and every one of them in different ways, forcing them to define who they are in this new world.
Film/TV

AMC’s The Walking Dead - World Beyond
The Walking Dead: World Beyond returns to NYCC as the third series in wildly successful The Walking Dead Universe. The series is set to premiere Sunday, October 4 at 10 PM ET/9c The Walking Dead: World Beyond delves into a new mythology and story that follows the first generation raised in a surviving civilization of the post-apocalyptic world. Two sisters along with two friends leave a place of safety and comfort to brave dangers, known and unknown, living and undead on an important quest. Pursued by those who wish to protect them and those who wish to harm them, a tale of growing up and transformation unfurls across dangerous terrain, challenging everything they know about the world, themselves and each other. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. But all of them will find the truths they seek.

Edited by tv echo

Showrunners Who Punished Characters Because Of The Actors Who Played Them
BY ABIGAIL CAMPOS, UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT SAN ANTONIO  September 20, 2020
https://studybreaks.com/tvfilm/showrunners-who-punished-characters-because-of-the-actors-who-played-them/ 

Frank Darabont, “The Walking Dead”

Frank Darabont, the co-creator of the fan-obsessed show “The Walking Dead,” didn’t exactly punish the actor through his character, but the character’s fate was significantly altered because of his relationship with the executive producer.

Jeffrey DeMunn, who played Dale Harvoth, requested to be killed off the show after learning that the showrunner was being fired from “The Walking Dead” for what AMC stated were creative differences. The character death was a shock to many fans, but especially to those who read the comics that the show was initially based off.
In the original source material, Dale lives to have a much longer and fulfilling character arc.

To the audience’s disappointment, Dale is killed off in the second season by a zombie, or “walker,” in a quiet field and mercy-killed to end his suffering from his fatal wounds.

In 2013, it was revealed that Darabont was suing AMC for $280 million for not receiving proper payment for developing, writing and producing the series and being dropped from a contract that guaranteed that the co-creator would be involved in the entire run of the show and any spin-offs.

Ultimately, it was not the creator that sealed Dale’s fate, but the actor was still punished due to the showrunner.

Edited by tv echo

The Walking Dead: Season 10 Finale Opens "New Chapter" For Lauren Cohan's Maggie in Final Season

Cohan is now back in Georgia for filming on The Walking Dead Extended Season 10, a batch of six all-new episodes to air on AMC in early 2021. These episodes will bridge the gap until the delayed eleventh and final season, now premiering late next year, where Cohan fully rejoins the show as a series regular.

"But also we know there's still Negan to contend with. He's just kind of been on this redemption arc, making some progress, and now that she's back, they were never expecting to be in the same community together again. So obviously that's going to have a big ripple effect into the season to come."

Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) murdered Maggie's husband, Glenn (Steven Yeun), some eight years earlier. In present day, while undercover with the Whisperers, Negan unwittingly participated in Alpha's attack on the Hilltop that left the farming colony in ashes.

Should he survive the Season 10 finale, Negan will have to face a reckoning when he next meets Maggie in Season 11.

"She's lost the Hilltop, she thought it was there, and it's been burnt to the ground," Kang added. "So a lot of story is going to come out of that, too."

On 9/19/2020 at 11:23 AM, tv echo said:

Exact day/time TBA...

New York Comic Con X MCM Comic Con’s Metaverse, October 8-11, 2020
https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/ 

The three Walking Dead panels have been scheduled for October 10...

2:35 PM EDT    AMC’s Fear The Walking Dead
30 minutes
3:10 PM EDT    AMC’s The Walking Dead - World Beyond
30 minutes
3:45 PM EDT    AMC’s The Walking Dead
30 minutes

Edited by tv echo

Norman Reedus Explains How The Walking Dead Is Filming During the Pandemic

Norman Reedus is back to work on The Walking Dead. The Daryl Dixon actor is among the cast members now in Georgia for filming on the Extended Season 10 episodes designed for safe shooting during the COVID-19 pandemic, which shut down both The Walking Dead and spinoff Fear the Walking Dead in March. As the franchise returns to life six months later, the cast and crew of network AMC's flagship series are moving forward on a half-dozen more episodes with newly implemented safety protocols — including thrice-weekly COVID testing and an on-set epidemiologist.

"We have all these protocols now. We have to take COVID tests three times a week," Reedus said during a virtual interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live. "The epidemiologist from the Pentagon during the SARS scare is our on-set doctor now. There's a whole thing going on over here."

These six new episodes are more anthological and smaller in scale, taking place in the aftermath of The Walking Dead's original Season 10 finale, "A Certain Doom," airing October 4. The episodes explore the fallout from The Whisperer War with "deep dive" character-focused stories, each suited for filming amid the pandemic.

• Love 1

If anyone cares - voting for the 2020 E! People's Choice Awards began yesterday - TWD is a nominee in the Drama Show of 2020 category, Danai Gurira is a nominee in the Drama TV Star of 2020 and Female TV Star of 2020 categories, and Norman Reedus is a nominee in the Male TV Star of 2020 category...

https://pca.eonline.com/tv/the-drama-show-of-2020
https://pca.eonline.com/tv/the-drama-tv-star-of-2020
https://pca.eonline.com/tv/the-female-tv-star-of-2020
https://pca.eonline.com/tv/the-male-tv-star-of-2020

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

You can now watch this virtual panel with the showrunners from all three Walking Dead series (TWD, FtWD, TWD: WB) plus Scott Gimple, from NYCC that premiered on Oct. 9...

-- Angela Kang said that she would love to get back Morgan from FtWD.

-- Scott Gimple said that "there's absolutely a chance" and that's "there's a far-flung story" for character crossovers. (It sounded to me like he was hinting at long- term plans to have characters from all three series meet up at some point in the distant future.)

-- Angela Kang said that, because of COVID, they can't return to shooting big crowd scenes.

The Walking Dead Showrunners Summit | Entertainment Weekly Presents
New York Comic Con    Streamed live on Oct 9, 2020

Entertainment Weekly brings together the showrunners from all three TWD series—Angela Kang (The Walking Dead), Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg (Fear the Walking Dead), Matt Negrete (The Walking Dead: World Beyond)—along with Chief Content Officer Scott M. Gimple to discuss the past, present, and future of the franchise, including the recently announced end of the original show as well as the development of multiple future spin-offs. EW Executive Editor At Large Dalton Ross will moderate the conversation.

Edited by tv echo