Type keyword(s) to search

The Walking Dead in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

How many times do you think they'll change the title before it airs? 

If they're intent on  sticking with "Daryl Dixon", then lets be grateful for small mercies and hope NONE!

• Like 2
(edited)

Robert Kirkman wanted The Walking Dead show to kill off Rick early: 'It'll be funny!'
By Devan Coggan    July 22, 2023
https://ew.com/events/comic-con/robert-kirkman-comic-con-2023-walking-dead-invincible/ 

The acclaimed comic book writer took over Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, in a panel moderated by Entertainment Weekly editor-in-chief Patrick Gomez. In addition to writing a whole host of iconic comic franchises, Kirkman has adapted several of his comics for the small screen — including The Walking Dead, Outcast, and Amazon's animated series Invincible.

Kirkman told Gomez that he treats every adaptation differently, but when he first got involved with The Walking Dead TV show, he was eager to deviate from the comic as much as possible — even if that meant killing off familiar heroes.
"With Walking Dead, I was much younger and much more reckless," Kirkman told the audience. "I was an absolute lunatic. I would get in the writers' room and be like, 'Kill Rick Grimes today! I don't care! It'll be funny! People will freak out, and it'll be fun!' The writers were like, 'Robert, you're crazy. We can't do that.' But any time there were big changes in The Walking Dead, that's what excited me."

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

The Walking Dead Complete Collection Contains All 11 Seasons

DVD isn't dead. AMC and Lionsgate Home Entertainment have announced The Walking Dead Complete Collection, a 54-disc DVD edition exclusive to Walmart. The set contains all 11 seasons of The Walking Dead — 177 episodes in total — and will be released just in time for Halloween on October 24th in the U.S. (According to Lionsgate, The Walking Dead complete series will also be available on Blu-ray, with details to come.) Pre-orders for the Walmart-exclusive The Walking Dead Complete Collection DVD are live and priced at $129.96 on the Walmart website. 

The set features original and disc artwork designed by artist and Clio Award-winning illustrator Oliver Barrett, who designed The Walking Dead season 11B key art that covered the final season Blu-ray. The just-released artwork depicts some of the show's fan-favorite characters

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-complete-collection-11-seasons-dvd-walmart-exclusive/

the-walking-dead-the-complete-collection-dvd.png.webp

twd-the-complete-collection-dvd-box-set.png.webp

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Mind Blown 1

Apparently we had a 1-11 box set released as a UK only limited edition in early July, the Legacy edition, limited to 1200 with a numbered hologram sticker or so they claim, it's still available on amazon now which rather says a lot about its popularity.

I genuinely thought it would have been snapped up, the reviews have been less than spectacular about the quality of the box and the arrangements of its  contents however.

All of my vinyl and all of my CD's are up in the loft, if I bought the new box set I know it would soon follow my DVD's which are heading up there soon 😱

Edited by OoohMaggie
41 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

For any game players,

Does this mean I can finally play with Maggie 😛

The first thing ill be doing is shooting Coral in the head, properly this time 😁

5 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Hopefully there are safeguards against this. 

And once again Rule 39 rears its ugly head….

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Hopefully there are safeguards against this. 

God damn, there's always someone trying to spoil your fun 😭😋

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

And once again Rule 39 rears its ugly head…

Rules? I only ever wanted to have a game of checkers with the beautiful one 😱

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Rules? I only ever wanted to have a game of checkers with the beautiful one 😱

Oh, bullshit; you’re wanting to ‘king’ her, and everybody’s sister’s cat knows it.  😆

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Oh, bullshit; you’re wanting to ‘king’ her, and everybody’s sister’s cat knows it.  😆

Ok, i'll come quietly officer, which is something she won't be doing if i've got anyrhing to do with it 😂

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

Crossposting with the Interview with the Vampire forum. Posting here because it affects more than one show in the franchise:

‘The Walking Dead’ Spinoffs & ‘Interview With The Vampire’ To Resume Production As AMC Networks Strikes Significant Agreements With SAG-AFTRA

The Walking Dead spinoffs Daryl Dixon and The Ones Who Live and Interview with the Vampire are set to resume production after AMC Networks struck agreements with SAG-AFTRA.

The three shows are part of interim agreements with the broadcaster that will allow filming to resume on the three high-profile series.

The deal revealed Thursday marks the most significant television properties to strike such an agreement since the actors walked out. Other series on the interim agreement list include faith series The Chosen; Apple TV+’s Tehran, which was handed an agreement due to its international nature; and Hal and Harper, an indie series from Cha Cha Real Smooth filmmaker and star Cooper Raiff starring Lili Reinhart and Mark Ruffalo.

Deadline understands that Interview with the Vampire will resume filming its second season in Prague, while The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon will film its second season in Europe. The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live, which stars Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira reprising their roles as Rick and Michonne, has work left to do in post-production including ADR.

AMC Networks CEO Kristin Dolan said earlier this month that the writers and actors strikes wouldn’t begin to threaten the company’s programming supply until “well into 2024.”

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

The Walking Dead: Rick Grimes Gets New Threezero Figure

"The 1/6 Rick Grimes (Season 7) collectible action figure stands approximately 30.5cm (12") tall and features multiple points of articulation and a realistic lifelike head sculpt. The craftsmanship perfectly captures the character's expression from a prolonged period of war as depicted in the seventh season of The Walking Dead. The hair is carefully designed with layers of gray and white paint effects to depict Rick's aged appearance, and the figure's fabric dark gray long-sleeved shirt and black pants are weathered to add to the post-apocalyptic look.

Loaded with accessories, Rick's belt is cleverly designed to contain hidden pouches, with a high-quality black PVC leather belt featuring a gun holster on the right hip and an axe holster on the left. Additionally, the significant silver wristwatch intricately designed with very fine details. The figure includes an assault rifle with detailed paint effects, complete with a retractable fabric strap, as well as realistically replicated pistol and axe.

1/6 Rick Grimes comes with four pairs of interchangeable hands, including relaxed hands, firearm hands, axe-wielding hands, and fists. Place the figure alongside other The Walking Dead 1/6 scale collectible figures to showcase classic scenes from the show and complete your collection of favorite survivors."

For $179.99 I would want my figure's wrists to NOT look like my 1970's Action Man (Gi Joe) 🙄

the-walking-dead-1-6-rick-grimes-season-7-threezero.jpg.webp

twd-season-7-rick-grimes-1-6th-threezero.jpg.webp

I wonder what pose could best utilise hands three and five  🤔

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Well that's a new one on me 😂, whether she can pitch or not, as long as she comes FULLY articulated 😊

What’s that word that’s so big with the kids these days…?

…oh yeah…

Ew.

🤢🤮

• LOL 1
(edited)

Is Walking Dead Franchise Building Toward an Epic All-Series Crossover? ‘I Do Have Dreams of That,’ Says EP Scott Gimple
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH, CHARLIE MASON   FEBRUARY 6, 2024
https://tvline.com/news/the-walking-dead-crossover-movie-1235143890/ 

Consider, if you will: The Ones Who Live has Rick and Michonne on a collision course with not only each other but World Beyond baddie Jadis. Before Fear TWD concluded, it sent off Morgan in search of his old pals. The Season 1 finale of Daryl Dixon dispatched OG Carol to find her MIA bestie. And doesn’t the skyline at which Rick gazes in the Ones Who Live trailer look like it could be that of the Dead City that is the setting of Maggie and Negan’s offshoot?
“I came into [The Walking Dead] in Season 2 as a fan of the comic and as a fan of the show, and even then I would have these dreams, these wishes, these things I wanted to do in story. And actually [a spinoff about] Rick and Michonne was one of them, that I quietly alluded to in ‘Clear’ (Season 3, Episode 12).”
“I didn’t know if I’d be able to tell that story,” Gimple shared, “and you do have to be flexible, you have to have this garden of forking paths and pivot” when needed. “So when it comes to something like [an Avengers: Endgame-style, all-series crossover event], yeah, I do have dreams of merging this all together, and I have laid little breadcrumbs toward that, but you never know exactly when and how [it will come together], because of a variety of reasons.

Dead City is a vibrant show, Daryl [Dixon] is a vibrant show, this one [The Ones Who Live] is…,” Gimple noted. “I will just say that I’m building those pathways, but there could be all sorts of pivots along the way that change it. So I guess answer is yes…?”

Edited by tv echo

From Feb. 19, 2024...

Walking Dead's LAURIE HOLDEN & MICHAEL CUDLITZ - Fan Expo Vancouver 2024
Angelika Diana   Feb 22, 2024