Type keyword(s) to search

The Walking Dead in the Media

• Start Topic

NY/NJ regional media has been reporting that they've been on location shooting in north Jersey this past week. Holmdel in Monmouth County, to be specific.  So apparently they're not going to be using the same clump of trees in Georgia to also stand in for the Northeast.

• LOL 2
On 7/23/2022 at 10:36 AM, Superclam said:

If the producers had any class, they would bring back Chandler Riggs for a guest spot and a paycheck. That's an "if" of course. 

What story would they even be able to tell though? We saw Carl's entire ZA life play out on screen. He was also pretty young when it happened, so it's not like they can do a before flashback. Not without getting seriously weird, like Beth coming to sing him into the ZA afterlife weird.

I mean, I'm not especially thrilled that IMDb has Alpha listed as appearing in three of the sixes Tales episodes. Even knowing that IMBd isn't always reliable on that front and even acknowledging that I've liked Samantha Morton well enough in everything I've ever seen her in but this franchise, where she seemed horribly miscast. But there's presumably more flashback story they figure they can tell with her.

(edited)

The Walking Dead season 11 episode 17 release date

“The Walking Dead series will return to AMC on October 2, 2022, at 9 p.m. ET. This will be the premiere of the 17th episode of the final season. The first two episodes of the last eight will be available on the same date on AMC+.”

Mmmmmmm, AMC+ 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Thanks for this, and the question is: do I let my AMC+ subscription expire at the end of the year? I'd like to see Isle of the Dead, but the Daryl spinoff I can skip and Fear can F the F off. If Rick & Michonne is going to be a limited 6 episode series I'll watch it, but I'm not doing an endless marathon of that meandering crap. 

• Mind Blown 1
(edited)

ANDREW LINCOLN & DANAI GURIRA Announce Their Return in a NEW WALKING DEAD SERIES | Comic Con 2022
Films That Rock    Jul 23, 2022

THE WALKING DEAD | Comic Con 2022 Full Panel (Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Lauren Ridloff)
Films That Rock    Jul 23, 2022

THE WALKING DEAD cast talks returning to San Diego Comic Con for the last time | TV Insider
TV Insider   Jul 24, 2022

IGN Gives The Walking Dead Cast Their Exit Interview | Comic Con 2022
IGN    Jul 23, 2022

'The Walking Dead' Panel | SDCC 2022 | Entertainment Weekly
Entertainment Weekly    Jul 24, 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

do I let my AMC+ subscription expire

I’m kind of hoping, I know I know, that at least one of these shows will actually turn out to be great, that the adoption of Darabont inspired Walkers might give someone somewhere  some inspiration. Just let a new team have a crack at writing and directing, surely they’re not going to make a mess of four new shows 🤔

• LOL 1
On 7/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, nodorothyparker said:

My guess?  At the time AL left the series TPTB didn’t expect the crappy subsequent writing to kill off the show’s core following (and prospective theater attendees) as much as it did - but it did, to the point TPTB are now concerned the box office take from a theatrical release wouldn’t cover the film’s budget and be a HUGELY public embarrassment.  

A new TV series release, though…?  That’s their bread and butter.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Superclam said:

Lol! You Brits are so funny! 

It’s called our indomitable spirit, what we had in ‘39 when facing the Nazi hordes alone. I’m not half as confident of being given a half decent show however, please let the Maggie offering at least die with a smile on its face 😁😁

Edited by OoohMaggie
46 minutes ago, Nashville said:

At the time AL left the series TPTB didn’t expect the crappy subsequent writing to kill off the show’s core following (and prospective theater attendees) as much as it did - but it did

Scott M Gimple 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Fire 1
  • Love 1

The Walking Dead Showrunner Explains "Variant" Walkers

"I've heard stories of walkers that can climb walls and open doors. I was never sure if they were just stories," said Aaron (Ross Marquand) in the full-length trailer for The Walking Dead's last episodes. The footage that debuted during San Diego Comic-Con showed glimpses of seemingly "smart" zombiessimilar to those in the show's first season, where the Atlanta group survived more brainy walkers. These stronger and faster "variant cohorts," as CDC virologist Dr. Edwin Jenner (Noah Emmerich) referred to them, may have been born in the French lab seen in the post-credits epilogue of The Walking Dead: World Beyond.

In Part 3 of The Walking Dead Season 11, returning October 2 on AMC, these variant walkers will up the stakes as the survivors make their last stand in the fight for the Commonwealth.

"In some way, it is a throwback to some of the walkers we saw back in the very, very first season of The Walking Dead. But not everybody ever encountered those walkers," executive producer and showrunner Angela Kang said during a Comic-Con press conference. "It's almost like it was a variant that just was regional. And anytime there is a change to the rules, that means that people just need to be that much on their game because they're realizing that the methods that they used to survive don't quite work the same way."

Kang added: "Our survivors need to be very, very smart and try to adjust to that, and that is one of the many conflicts that they will be dealing with in the final block of episodes."

Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and Morgan Jones (Lennie James) may have encountered these variants in the show's first season. In the pilot, a little girl walker picked up a teddy bear, and Morgan's reanimated wife tried opening a door; in another episode that same season, walkers were able to scale a fence and smash a department store window with a rock.

But Scott Gimple, the co-creator of World Beyond and chief content officer of AMC's Walking Dead Universe, noted that the variants aren't "smart." 

"World Beyond-wise, I just would say, I wouldn't co-sign on the word 'smart' for the walkers," Gimple teased, adding, "There's something going on there." 

Gimple previously revealed these variant cohorts are part of a "big story" set within the Walking Dead Universe, which will continue to expand with multiple spinoff series. They include the untitled Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) solo show set in Europe; Isle of the Dead, which follows Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) into post-apocalyptic New York City; and the just-announced spinoff reuniting Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and Michonne (Danai Gurira). 

"The coda after World Beyond had everything to do with the past and future of The Walking Dead Universe," Gimple said in a statement aired on Talking Dead in December. "There is another big story that will be told relating to that scene, and we can't wait to start showing it to the world."

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-season-11-part-3-trailer-smart-zombies-variant-walkers-explained-kang-gimple/

(edited)

The Walking Dead Preview Special Will Tease Rick and Michonne Series

AMC has announced the guests who will reveal intel on The Walking Dead spinoff shows live on Talking Dead. The network will air an hour-long special titled The Walking Dead Universe Preview to tease the new spinoffs in the expanding universe around The Walking Dead, including the just-announced series reuniting Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and Michonne (Danai Gurira). Airing Sunday, August 7, ahead of the series premiere of Tales of the Walking Dead (which arrives on August 14), Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick will welcome actors and creators from across AMC's TWD Universe for a special preview of the shows airing this year and beyond. 

Talking Dead's social media announced Thursday that Scott Gimple, the chief content officer of AMC's Walking Dead Universe, will appear on the special to preview the four spinoffs premiering in 2022 and 2023. 

They include Tales of the Walking Dead, an episodic anthology developed by Gimple; Isle of the Dead, which sees rivals Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) travel together into post-apocalyptic Manhattan; the Europe-set solo series focused on Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus); and Lincoln and Gurira's as-yet-untitled Rick and Michonne series that replaces the Walking Dead movie trilogy. 

Talking Dead: TWDU Preview airs August 7th on AMC! We’ll tease ALL the upcoming #TWDUspin-offs—Maggie & Negan, Rick & Michonne AND Daryl’s—with Scott M. Gimple, Michael Satrazemis and #TalesOfTWD stars Terry Crews, Jillian Bell and Anthony Edwards! Send Q’s using #TalkingDead! pic.twitter.com/0f1pAWsiCt

— Talking Dead (@AMCTalkingDead) July 29, 2022

Joining Gimple on the Universe Preview are Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead director Michael E. Satrazemis, who helmed three of the first six episodes of Tales, and franchise newcomers Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, America's Got Talent), Jillian Bell (Rough Night, Workaholics), and Anthony Edwards (Top Gun, ER), who appear in separate episodes of the anthology series.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-preview-special-rick-grimes-michonne-spinoff-series-update-talking-dead/

Edited by OoohMaggie

Lincoln and Gurira reunited on stage at San Diego Comic-Con's Hall H to surprise announce the Rick and Michonne series,

AMC describes the series: "Kept apart by distance. By an unstoppable power. By the ghosts of who they were. Rick and Michonne are thrown into another world, built on a war against the dead... And ultimately, a war against the living. Can they find each other and who they were in a place and situation unlike any they've ever known before? Are they enemies? Lovers? Victims? Victors? Without each other, are they even alive — or will they find that they, too, are the Walking Dead?"

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-preview-special-rick-grimes-michonne-spinoff-series-update-talking-dead/

• LOL 1

Okay, living within driving distance of this just amuses me. One of my favorite things so far about the Maggie/Negan spinoff moving north has been New Jersey press acting like people are still excited about this franchise and that they've "won" something by getting it. As my husband who grew up in that area says, at least they picked a spot that already smells like it could be full of dead things.

Beware! The walking dead are coming to North Jersey

Why the Meadowland arena? Perhaps because it seats 20,000. Where would you go if you were a flesh-eating corpse looking for dinner?

• LOL 1
(edited)

The Walking Dead Series Finale Is About "Completing" the Story, Not "Setting up Spinoffs"
By CAMERON BONOMOLO - July 28, 2022
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-series-finale-complete-story-not-setting-up-spinoffs-gimple-kang/ 

During a San Diego Comic-Con press conference for Season 11 of The Walking Dead, producers confirmed the show would offer closure and a definitive ending despite the multiple sequel series. 

"We were going off of the assumption that we were continuing to go for a while. And then things changed," said Walking Dead Universe chief content officer Scott Gimple, referring to AMC's announcement in September 2020 that the show would end with Season 11. "I feel that it folded into some plans nicely, it folded into some issues."

Gimple continued, "The finale is about completing The Walking Dead story, not setting up spinoffs. There's room for those spinoffs, but full-on, The Walking Dead finale concludes the story of this 11 years. We didn't want the spinoffs to get in the way of that satisfaction. They live together, I think, very nicely."

Showrunner and executive producer Angela Kang, who co-wrote the Greg Nicotero-directed series finale, echoed Gimple's comments to confirm that the final episode is an ending while allowing for those continuations.

"I think that's right. I think the goal is that, even if there were no spinoffs, it would feel like there is a closure to the show itself," Kang said. "The show itself needs its own ending. But doors are left open, as they so often are in life, and as they were even in the ending of the comic. There's always a story that's continuing once the story that you tell on screen has ended, so that's the spirit."

The Walking Dead: The Last Episodes begin airing Sunday, October 2 on AMC and AMC+. The network has set three Walking Dead spinoffs for 2023, including the Richonne series, but no release dates have been announced. 

Edited by tv echo

The Walking Dead's Final Season Returns With Two Episodes on AMC+

“AMC Networks has set a two-episode streaming premiere for the last episodes of The Walking Dead's final season. The first two of the remaining eight episodes will be available exclusively for AMC+subscribers Sunday, October 2, the same night Season 11 airs its last-ever midseason premiere at 9 pm ET/PT on the AMC channel. Similar to Fear the Walking Dead and new anthology series Tales of the Walking Dead, which will launch early with two episodes over two nights on AMC+, subsequent episodes of the flagship zombie drama will stream on Sundays one week before AMC.”

During AMC's Television Critics Association presentation Wednesday, the cable channel released the synopsis for The Walking Dead: The Last Episodes. 

AMC describes the eight-part finale, "On the heels of the oppressive presence of locusts, an even greater force is bearing down on every single member of each community. With Commonwealth flags raised at Hilltop, Alexandria, and Oceanside, there's no time to strategize for those on the road. It's a race against the clock to stay alive and extract those still living in the Commonwealth before Hornsby (Josh Hamilton) can execute his revenge. Inside the Commonwealth, Connie's (Lauren Ridloff) article has created more chaos than planned. By exposing Governor Milton's (Laila Robbins) corruption, their hope to create a better, more equal, life for all may instead put everyone at risk. With the vast debt our group owes and no other viable place to live, simply leaving has never been an option. But if their next move fails, staying won't be an option either. 

"What they're about to embark on will only invite more danger with massive consequences. The clock is ticking for our heroes inside the Commonwealth as well. As each group continues to get caught in uncontrollable situations, threats lurk around every corner, dead and alive. The looming pressure is cresting towards a day of reckoning for all. Will the sum of their individual journeys cumulate into one, or divide them forever? The fight for a future continues to be exasperated by the ominous population of walkers. Not all will survive, but for some, the walking dead lives on." 

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-season-11-part-3-date-two-episode-premiere-amc-plus/

Definitely days gone by...

TV's 25 Best Pilot Episodes: Alias, ER, Lost, The O.C., Twin Peaks and More
By Vlada Gelman, Michael Ausiello, Matt Webb Mitovich, Kimberly Roots, Dave Nemetz, Andy Swift, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz and Nick Caruso / August 16 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/best-tv-pilot-episodes-photos/ 

THE WALKING DEAD
Titled “Days Gone By,” AMC’s zombie franchise made a jaw-droppingly cinematic first impression when it arrived on the scene in 2010. The Frank Darabont-written and directed premiere did a masterful job of introducing viewers to the series’ forebodingly apocalyptic setting as well as its main protagonist in Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes. The 67-minute kickoff also succeeded in doing something that had, up until that point, eluded many end of days-themed shows: it scared the living daylights out of us. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

It's not like these networks have creative teams or anything. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve paid some outside Ad agency hundreds of thousands to come up with this nonsense, we’ve all seen it before. Isle of the dead was perfect, unless they’re desperately trying to give reasons as to why it’s not being filmed in a central NYC environment as people like myself would recognise it. Surely ‘cheapness’ won’t be an overriding factor in the last few shows ever 😱

On 8/27/2022 at 10:50 AM, Superclam said:

I don't know which name is worse, Dead City or Tales of the Walking Dead. No creativity for either. It's not like these networks have creative teams or anything. 

Well, let’s put up or shut up; what better names than “Dead City” can we come up with?

Here’s a few (location-specific) possibilities:

1. Moanhattan 
  2. Queens of the Undead
  3. Bronx Fear
  4. Brokelyn
  5. Walker Island
Edited by Nashville
Just wait - it gets better….
  • LOL 3

The October 2 midseason premiere title is: "Lockdown." AMC describes the episode: "Daryl and Negan rush to the Commonwealth to stop Hornsby from going after their families. Pamela deals with protestors demanding justice for Sebastian's crimes. Mercer needs Rosita's help to fight a swarm." 

"Lockdown" launches the final batch of eight episodes that will end The Walking Dead after eleven seasons. Other episode titles in this third part of the 24-episode season include "A New Deal" (airing October 9), "Variant" (October 16), "What's Been Lost" (October 23), and "Outpost 22" (October 30), named after the military-occupied Alexandria Safe-Zone. The titles for Episode 22 (November 6), Episode 23 (November 13), and the series finale (November 20) are TBA.

"Lockdown" and "A New Deal" will be available to stream early as part of a two-episode, same-night premiere exclusively on AMC+ on Sunday, October 2. New episodes will air weekly on Sundays on AMC and AMC+. 

Season 11 of The Walking Dead stars Norman Reedus (Daryl), Melissa McBride (Carol), Lauren Cohan (Maggie), Christian Serratos (Rosita), Josh McDermitt (Eugene), Seth Gilliam (Gabriel), Ross Marquand (Aaron), Khary Payton (King Ezekiel), Cooper Andrews (Jerry), Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko), Nadia Hilker (Magna), Cailey Fleming (Judith Grimes), Cassady McClincy (Lydia), Lauren Ridloff (Connie), Angel Theory (Kelly), Paola Lázaro (Princess), Michael James Shaw (Mercer), Margot Bingham (Max), Josh Hamilton (Lance Hornsby), Laila Robins (Pamela Milton), and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan).

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-season-11-part-3-premiere-title-description-synopsis-episode-17-lockdown/

There's a TWD panel scheduled for New York Comic Con on October 8th...
https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en-us/explore/panels/panels-and-screenings.html

The Walking Dead

Cast and creatives of the flagship series The Walking Dead discuss the highly anticipated last episodes of the decade-long apocalyptic drama. Celebrate the monumental journey of this beloved series and characters as we follow their arcs in the recently launched final eight episodes of this epic final season on AMC and AMC+. Plus, a look at what is to come for the upcoming final episodes.

Saturday, Oct. 8, Main Stage

9 hours ago, Superclam said:

Oof. Some of that artwork in the bottom row of that poster. 

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Well it’s certainly flattering Jerry, not so sure about Connie’s pants 😱

Jerry’s lost weight…

…but that’s okay; Eugene found it.

• LOL 1