Type keyword(s) to search

The Walking Dead in the Media

• Start Topic

Ugh...

2022 in Review: Quotes of the Year!
By Team TVLine / December 18 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/best-tv-quotes-2022-memorable-lines-dialogue-scenes/the-walking-dead-im-starting-to-quote/ 

THE WALKING DEAD
“[Hershel] doesn’t exactly trust me, you know.”

“But I’m starting to.”

Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and Maggie (Lauren Cohan) reach a turning point as she asks her husband’s killer to babysit their son

• Sad 2
15 hours ago, tv echo said:

THE WALKING DEAD
“[Hershel] doesn’t exactly trust me, you know.”

“But I’m starting to.”

Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and Maggie (Lauren Cohan) reach a turning point as she asks her husband’s killer to babysit their son

🤢🤮

• Mind Blown 2

2022 in Review: 11 Dumb Things TV Did
By Team TVLine / December 19 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/worst-tv-decisions-2022-cancellations-scheduling/ 

1  THE WALKING DEAD KILLS TENSION WITH SPINOFF NEWS
Heading into The Walking Dead‘s 11th and final season, fans already knew that Daryl and Carol would walk out alive, given that in September 2020 it was announced that the twosome would front their own spinoff. (Melissa McBride’s Carol is no longer involved, however.)

But then, with 13 episodes still left to air — including a stretch that strongly suggested that Negan would be executed — another spinoff was announced, revolving around Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Negan and Lauren Cohan’s Maggie. Meaning that two more fates were effectively spoiled well ahead of the series finale.

“I’m still not sure why we announced that already,” Morgan grumbled in a podcast. “It was sort of a shocker to me.”

TWD showrunner Angela Kang measured her own words a bit more carefully when speaking with TVLine at season’s end, but allowed, “It was definitely on a creative level sort of challenging, because when things are announced is not really in the hands of the actors or producers or whatever. That’s more the studio having to make announcements for their own timing reasons.”

Edited by tv echo

The Walking Dead won this year's Primetimers Award for Long in the Tooth: Show That Still Airs Long Past Its Expiration Date...
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/136159-primetimer-award-winners-non-traditional-part-i/

Also, Negan won this year's Primetimers Award for Ugh, Not You Again: Least Entertaining Villain...
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/136158-primetimer-award-winners-non-traditional-part-ii/ 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

TVLine gave TWD series finale a grade of 'C'...

2022 in Review: Series Finales, Graded!
By Team TVLine / December 21 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/2022-tv-series-finales-best-worst/search-party-hbo-max/ 

The Walking Dead
Maybe it was asking for too much to want the long-running AMC drama’s ending to be as exciting as its beginning. But with only one major death (Rosita’s) and a bunch of resolutions that hardly qualified as revelations, the series’ sendoff was too ho-hum to be saved by even glimpses of a spinoff-bound Rick and Michonne.

2022 in Review: Best First Kiss, Worst CGI, Most Improved Series, Lamest Cameo and 80+ More TV Superlatives
By Team TVLine / December 22 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-shows-2022-best-worst-moments/ 

CUTEST KID
Hershel, The Walking Dead
TV EVENT THAT DIDN’T LIVE UP TO THE HYPE
The Walking Dead‘s series finale, drawn out over a super-sized, 15-month (!) final season

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

The Best TV Shows That Ended in 2022
BY RAFA BOLADERAS   PUBLISHED 3 DAYS AGO
https://movieweb.com/best-tv-shows-that-ended-in-2022/ 

The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead might’ve stayed too long to be remembered as one of the great shows of the century, but its first four seasons were thrilling, scary, and surprising, and brought zombies back to the mainstream after many decades of these creatures only appearing on B and C movies. Even if the mother show ended this year, there are still many spinoffs to come, so we’ll still be watching some of the most beloved characters in the future: Daryl (Norman Reedus) has his show; Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and Michonne (Danai Gurira) have their show, and Maggie (Lauren Conrad) and Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) have their show, so if you're a fan of zombies (walkers), you'll still have many series to watch.

The Walking Dead: Here's When the Maggie/Negan, Daryl Dixon, and Rick/Michonne Spinoffs Will Premiere
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 10 2023
https://tvline.com/2023/01/10/the-walking-dead-negan-maggie-spinoff-release-date-daryl-rick-michonne/

It is the year of The Walking Dead, to look at the robust timetable released by AMC on Tuesday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

In addition to announcing that Fear the Walking Dead‘s eighth — and now final — season will begin unspooling on Sunday, May 14, the cabler shared that The Walking Dead: Dead City (starring Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Maggie and Negan), previously pegged for a “spring” release, will premiere sometimes in June.

The newly christened The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon, led by franchise vet Norman Reedus, will then premiere “later this year.”

AMC also revealed that the spin-off in which Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira will reprise their roles as Rick and Michonne, will go into production this year, with an eye on an early 2024 release date.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
On 1/11/2023 at 9:12 AM, tv echo said:

The newly christened The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon, led by franchise vet Norman Reedus, will then premiere “later this year.”

Oh, wow. That's utter crap. I still want to know what went on behind the scenes, something is just really sketchy 

On 1/11/2023 at 2:35 PM, Superclam said:

Still the least creative name I've ever heard. Prove me wrong. 

Daryl Dixon

Daryl

In other news:

1. Daryl & Dog
  2. That Time Daryl Went To Paris
  3. When Daryl Thought He Was Going To Paris, Texas, Got Confused And Ended Up In France
  4. Daryl's Boat Trip
  5. Daryl, Overboard
  6. Daryl Loves Ships
  7. Daryl Becomes A Sailor
  8. Across The Pond With Daryl Dixon
  9. Do French Zombies Have A French Accent?
  10. Learn French With Daryl Dixon

Or...perhaps I'm psychic and these aren't better show titles but actually, future episode titles, lmao.

On 1/25/2023 at 12:42 AM, nodorothyparker said:

I'm still calling it the one I'm most likely to skip altogether. Daryl without strong scene partners I care about just isn't that interesting to me. 

Yeah, Daryl actually caring about someone else, who he has an emotional connection with, more than himself is the most compelling Daryl. SadDaryl doing shit alone is the most dull Daryl.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:
  • Daryl & Dog
  • That Time Daryl Went To Paris
  • When Daryl Thought He Was Going To Paris, Texas, Got Confused And Ended Up In France
  • Daryl's Boat Trip
  • Daryl, Overboard
  • Daryl Loves Ships
  • Daryl Becomes A Sailor
  • Across The Pond With Daryl Dixon
  • Do French Zombies Have A French Accent?
  • Learn French With Daryl Dixon

These are all WAY more creative than TWD: Daryl Dixon

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Superclam said:

These are all WAY more creative than TWD: Daryl Dixon

That's why they're under

In other news

and above

Or...perhaps I'm psychic and these aren't better show titles but actually, future episode titles, lmao.

Heh. 😉

21 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Do French Zombies Have A French Accent?

This is actually about the only thing from this particular endeavor that I think I might honestly be interested in knowing. Does mindlessly groaning as various pieces fall off of you sound different in French?

Of course there's always a good chance half the American audience probably won't recognize them as French zombies unless they're all wearing berets sounding like Pepé Le Pew.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Of course there's always a good chance half the American audience probably won't recognize them as French zombies unless they're all wearing berets sounding like Pepé Le Pew.

And striped shirts. Carrying a baguette is a bonus. 

• LOL 1

Apparently Darryl washes ashore in France with partial amnesia (I'm not joking)...

‘Walking Dead’ Daryl Spinoff Adds Five to Cast
By Joe Otterson    Feb 10, 2023
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/walking-dead-daryl-spinoff-cast-1235519220/ 

Anne Charrier (“The Last Deadly Mission”), Eriq Ebanouey (“Fox Hunt”), Laika Blanc Francard (“My Night”), newcomer Louis Puech Scigliuzzi, and Romain Levi (“The Tunnel”) have all been cast as series regulars alongside Reedus and previously announced cast member Clémence Poésy.

The official logline for the series, which is currently titled “The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon,” states that “Daryl (Reedus) washes ashore in France and struggles to piece together how he got there and why. The series tracks his journey across a broken but resilient France as he hopes to find a way back home. As he makes the journey, though, the connections he forms along the way complicate his ultimate plan.”

Charrier will star as Genet, while Ebanouey will play the character Fallou. Blanc Francard will play Sylvie, and Levi will play Codron. Puech Scigliuzzi will play Laurent.

Walking-Dead-Daryl-Dixon-cast.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Sad 1

The Walking Dead was nominated for a Critics Choice Super Award...

Nominations Announced for the 3rd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards honoring Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, and Action Movies and Series
February 22, 2023
https://www.criticschoice.com/2023/02/22/nominations-announced-for-the-3rd-annual-critics-choice-super-awards-honoring-superhero-science-fiction-fantasy-horror-and-action-movies-and-series/

(Los Angeles, CA – February 22, 2023) – The Critics Choice Association (CCA) announced today the nominees for the 3rd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards, honoring the most popular, fan-obsessed genres across both television and movies, including Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, and Action. Winners will be revealed via a special announcement on Thursday, March 16.
BEST HORROR SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MADE-FOR-TV MOVIE
Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire 
Chucky 
Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story  
Evil 
The Walking Dead
Wednesday 
What We Do in the Shadows 

• Useful 1
(edited)

‘The Walking Dead’: Lesley-Ann Brandt Joins Andrew Lincoln & Danai Gurira Spinoff
By Denise Petski   March 6, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-walking-dead-lesley-ann-brandt-andrew-lincoln-danai-gurira-spinoff-rick-grimes-michonne-1235278207/

EXCLUSIVE: Lucifer alumna Lesley-Ann Brandt is set for a key recurring role in upcoming The Walking Dead spinoff starring Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira as TWD characters Rick Grimes and Michonne.

She will play Pearl Thorne in the six-episode series. Character details are being kept under wraps.

Production recently got underway in New Jersey.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/8/2023 at 9:12 AM, tv echo said:

‘The Walking Dead’: Lesley-Ann Brandt Joins Andrew Lincoln & Danai Gurira Spinoff
https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-walking-dead-lesley-ann-brandt-andrew-lincoln-danai-gurira-spinoff-rick-grimes-michonne-1235278207/

She was awesome in Lucifer and Spartacus!  If I'm remembering right she went through the gladiator training during Spartacus.   And she could certainly kick some ass on Lucifer. 

The Rick and Michonne spinoff is apparently now called Summit. These TWD cast members were at AMC Networks 2023 Upfronts in New York on April 18...

AMC: The Walking Dead family reunion at AMC Upfronts
by Shay McBryde   April 20, 2023
https://showsnob.com/2023/04/19/amc-the-walking-dead-family-reunion-upfronts/ 

Norman Reedus spoke to ET about his future spinoff, who explains the TWD: Daryl Dixon show as kind of a reset for the veteran actor.

“Everything kind of breathes in a romantic way. We have the backdrop of France, we have the Catacombs, the Eiffel Tower. The whole vibe is different.”

Paris is, of course, known as the city of love. It is expected that the environment will be that of romance.

Will Daryl embark on some romance or will romance come to him? Reedus explains much of his story is about him trying to figure out what has happened, how did he get there, and how he can get home.

“There’s a lot going on, but it’s super poetic, it’s super beautiful. It’s not a repeat of the same show at all.”
On Dead City’s side Jeffrey Dean Morgan had a lot to say as well. Dead City will pick up a few years after we last saw Negan and Maggie.

Maggie tracks him down needing help to find her son, who was kidnapped. They find themselves having to go to Manhattan.

When speaking on the dynamic between Maggie and Negan, Jeffrey had this to say:

“They’re not getting married, you know what I mean? I’ll give that away. It’s tenuous at best. They’re needing each other for a very specific reason. So, Negan has gone back probably a few steps in that redemption arc out of necessity and his survival instincts. It’s going to be a rough road, but going down 5th Avenue is not that bad a road to go down.”
Lauren Cohan describes it as “not typical teammates and not a typical adventure.” She explains it’s not quite an adventure and there will be much conflict along the way.
Dead City is also set to premiere on June 18 at 10 PM ET on AMC and AMC Plus. The Rick and Michonne series Summit, is going to premiere in 2024.

1483154181.jpeg

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
On 3/8/2023 at 10:12 AM, tv echo said:

So, the originally envisioned concept of 2 or 3 movies has been condensed down to a 6-episode miniseries?  Talk about progress!

Gotta say, though - my favorite line in that article was this…

Production recently got underway in New Jersey.

…because if you’re looking for a part of America which truly embodies the sights and smells of being trapped in a zombie apocalypse, then New Jersey’s the place to be.

That, or Delaware.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

https://showsnob.com/2023/04/17/the-walking-dead-melissa-mcbride-daryl-spinoff/

Daryl's series is supposedly now called Raise the Dead. First season is wrapped and it's set to start filming a second season even without an official greenlight from AMC, as if anyone believes AMC isn't going to get its money's worth with properties it's already poured money into. They're also playing coy again about Carol also finally showing up there.

• Useful 1
On 6/21/2023 at 11:00 PM, Superclam said:

The entire Atlantic asleep on a raft? Makes sense. 🙄

Anyway, Mags, I'm coming to visit. See you in about 2 weeks. 

That's cool, ill get the BBQ lit, you know how long it takes us Brits to get a decent BBQ going, make sure you head for Liverpool, ill meet you on Crosby beach where the world famous modern art installation of Iron Men is situated, bring a bottle of Jack if you can to help with the marinade 🤪

• Wink 1
(edited)
On 6/21/2023 at 5:55 PM, OoohMaggie said:

apologies if this in the wrong place or has already been posted, so much seems to have changed and I'm still working out what's what, 

So that's how he got across the Atlantic 🤔

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

And I guess he wont even take a bath...

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 4
On 6/21/2023 at 5:00 PM, Superclam said:

The entire Atlantic asleep on a raft? Makes sense. 🙄

On 6/26/2023 at 2:41 AM, heisenberg said:

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Hey, c’mon now - if Widdle Wicky can wake up hale and healthy from a two-month coma without so much as a feeding tube or bedpan change, then By God Daryl can surely surf a skiff across the Atlantic with no problems….  😉

• LOL 3
On 6/21/2023 at 2:55 PM, OoohMaggie said:

apologies if this in the wrong place or has already been posted, so much seems to have changed and I'm still working out what's what, 

So that's how he got across the Atlantic 🤔

He better wake up to be on the lookout for zombie orcas...

• LOL 1

"Dead City" is practically Shakespeare compared to "Daryl Dixon" and "Rick & Michonne." They're not clever enough writers to come up with a decent title, yet they expect us to watch it because they're "in a situation unlike any they've ever known?"

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Where the hell is that?

Comic Con 23 in San Diego as I believe,

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

I never got to the WD exhibit near me. The hours were just too silly. 

Huh? 

Hours?

Nothing to do with the entrance fee then? 😂🤣😂

Edited by OoohMaggie
46 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Huh? 

Hours?

Nothing to do with the entrance fee then? 😂🤣😂

Nah, it wasn't that much. It was just open at weird times that I could never coordinate with my schedule. 

(edited)

Likely no actors or writers will appear...

Comic-Con 2023 Schedule: Exact TIME of Major Movie, TV & Gaming Panels
By Richard Nebens Posted: July 20, 2023
https://thedirect.com/article/comic-con-2023-schedule-when-time-movie-tv-gaming-panels 

FRIDAY, JULY 21
1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET — The Walking Dead Universe  

Four new series from the Walking Dead universe take the spotlight, including a sneak peek at The Walking Dead: Dead City’s season finale coming on Sunday, July 23.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

"AMC is setting the bar high with the latest spinoff, The Walking Dead: Dead City, which is the best spinoff in The Walking Dead universe so far. Another new spinoff in 2024 has finally been given its official title, The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. This was announced at SDCC 2023.

This title comes from the quote said by Rick and Michonne several times in The Walking Dead series. When it was featured in the series finale of The Walking Dead and spoken by characters from the series, alive and dead, it carried so much more weight."

Thank heavens for that 🙄

https://undeadwalking.com/2023/07/21/walking-dead-rick-michonne-logo-confirms-title/

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Mind Blown 1