Type keyword(s) to search

The Walking Dead in the Media

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Superclam said:

I'd say 50-50 odds of me actually making it there. 

Haven’t we been here before? 🤔  just do those of us who can’t make it a favour and take some great photos, only on the slimmest of chances that you’ll actually go obviously    😂🤣

30 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Haven’t we been here before? 🤔  just do those of us who can’t make it a favour and take some great photos, only on the slimmest of chances that you’ll actually go obviously    😂🤣

It seems like we've had this conversation before. If I go, I will definitely let all of you know, because there's only 1 person at work who watches this crap anymore. 

On 4/15/2022 at 11:56 AM, Superclam said:

That museum is about 15 minutes from me, and I still wont be going! 

Here it is. Over 2 months ago! Apparently it's 5 minutes further away now. 

I was across the street from it last week in a bar for my friend's birthday. I probably looked like a walker stumbling out in broad daylight! 

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, Superclam said:

That museum is about 15 minutes from me, and I still wont be going! 

Aaahhh I vaguely remember, something about standing in the rain wasn’t it? Just as an aside, do you still have those Guardian Angels travelling the tube in Noo Yoik? 

56 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Just as an aside, do you still have those Guardian Angels travelling the tube in Noo Yoik? 

Y'know, I've been taking the subway pretty much everyday for decades, and I've seen them maybe 5 times. 

• Like 1
(edited)

E9B04487-2593-400D-B721-87194DA48DD1.jpeg

9AD2F481-6976-420C-A35E-841AD23CBD04.jpeg

B7E8EB00-07D4-445A-BECE-811276AA4C01.jpeg

E038FD1A-4A3B-4ED6-B535-1C4A645E515A.jpeg

BAA686B7-005D-4A42-AF33-9453E622D750.jpeg

A01EA731-E266-4380-A4BE-804A141534D4.jpeg

Mr Clam, if you do manage to attend, there’s a king’s ransom in gold coin awaiting any item ‘accidentally borrowed’ from the Maggie mannequin!       💰💰 🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
On 6/26/2022 at 4:09 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Mr Clam, if you do manage to attend, there’s a king’s ransom in gold coin awaiting any item ‘accidentally borrowed’ from the Maggie mannequin!       💰💰 🙄

I forgot to mention that there’s an extra pot of Spanish Doubloons on offer if you could manage to slip those jeans into your Man bag 👜 😋

• Wink 1

The Walking Dead Season 11C Synopsis: Rest in Peace

In Part 3, the survivors will resist the New World Order — or die trying. 

Reads AMC's synopsis: "In the upcoming final episodes of The Walking Dead, threats lurk around every corner, dead and alive, as each group continues to get caught in uncontrollable situations. The looming pressure is cresting towards a day of reckoning for all. Will the sum of their individual journeys cumulate into one, or divide them forever?" 

After 12 years that’s the best they can come up with 🙄, maybe it’s just me but haven’t we heard it all before? 🤔

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-season-11-synopsis-twd-final-episodes-commonwealth-war/

(edited)

03C6AB4E-A2F8-4EEF-98FA-98023FF530B0.jpeg

Some people on social media are complaining that they’re experiencing trigger points over the decision to include this in the display, they were so traumatised by the original event that they’re experiencing genuine mental discomfort and anguish…………….🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

"In the upcoming final episodes of The Walking Dead, threats lurk around every corner, dead and alive, as each group continues to get caught in uncontrollable situations. The looming pressure is cresting towards a day of reckoning for all. Will the sum of their individual journeys cumulate into one, or divide them forever?" 

Lol. Honestly, this could be ANY. SEASON. of TWD. Or any of the spin-offs, including the ones we haven't seen yet. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Lol. Honestly, this could be ANY. SEASON. of TWD. Or any of the spin-offs, including the ones we haven't seen yet. 

Instead of putting in an effort to celebrate the final run in, they’ve just dipped their lazy assed hand into the generic promotions box, situated  conveniently next to the generic villains box etc etc 🥺

Comic-Con 2022 Panel Schedule For Film & TV: Saturday Serves Up ‘Black Adam’, ‘Shazam! Fury Of The Gods’, ‘House Of The Dragon’, MCU & More
By Anthony D'Alessandro, Patrick Hipes   July 9, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/07/comic-con-2022-scheduled-film-tv-panels-1235059088/ 

FRIDAY, JULY 22
12:30 p.m. – Tales of the Walking Dead
Panelists: Creators and cast from the new AMC series. Hall H.
1:30 p.m. — The Walking Dead
Panelists: Cast and creatives discuss the final upcoming episodes and give a tease. Hall H.

(edited)

Daryl and Carol are back in exclusive first images from final episodes of The Walking Dead

There are only 8 episodes remaining of The Walking Dead, which will return this fall for its final batch of installments. And in advance of the franchise mothership's last stand (and its upcoming July 22 appearance at San Diego's Comic-Con celebrating said last stand), we've got the exclusive first images of those final episodes.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. And as our first image of Commonwealth soldiers shows,  you can count on a fiery conclusion to the series now that creepy manipulator Lance Hornsby (Josh Hamilton) has taken Alexandria, the Hilltop, and Oceanside by force. Not only that, but his boss, Pamela Milton (Laila Robins) could be on the rampage now that Connie (Lauren Ridloff) and company are out printing disparaging articles in the press and stirring up the masses. (Maybe she'll just call it "fake news" and hope for the best?)

As for what we can expect in the final eight episodes, showrunner Angela Kang hints that "there are going to be some twists and turns in the journey, but also some really beautiful emotional scenes." And it appears there will be strength in numbers. "In the second block of episodes, they were sort of torn apart," says Kang of our heroes both in and outside the walls of the Commonwealth. "And in this last block, the gang is back together again, moving with a common purpose. There's always a particular fun that comes with that for us and for fans who like to see what happens when the group is doing their thing as a unit."

Among those doing their thing will be the two characters that go all the way back to season 1: Norman Reedus' Daryl and Melissa McBride's Carol. What can expect from that dynamic (and sometimes dysfunctional) duo?

"Daryl, more and more, is being thrust into the role of a leader," says Kang. "And the way he does it is different than some of the others. His style is not like Rick's, it's not like Maggie's or Ezekiel's. Daryl is Daryl. He's not the guy who likes to give a lot of speeches. He kind of likes to do."

And it sounds like Daryl will indeed have plenty to do, including becoming something of a father figure. "You're going to see Daryl have to step up in some of his decision making in some key ways," teases Kang. "And he's going to be very crucial to the way all the events play out in this season. We also to remember that Daryl is a parental figure to Judith and RJ, and that's an important part of the story as well — his role with those kids and the things that they'll all do to protect the children of the apocalypse."

As for his post-apocalyptic BFF, Kang notes that "Carol is somebody who's come so far in her journey, and there's been times when she's been really, really tormented about the things she's had to do, but I think Carol's in a place of a pragmatic acceptance of the decision she has to make."

Once again, the stealthy cookie-baking warrior is to be underestimated at one's own peril. "We'll get to see some really cool moments from Carol as she's just outwitting and outlasting those that are seeking to do harm to her folks," says Kang. "She gets to have some memorable moments with both villains and our heroes. She's like a chess master who's playing 4D chess while other people are just kind of cranking along moment to moment."

As for the show's return to the Comic-Con stage after a few years away due to COVID-19, it can't help but be a bit bittersweet. While Kang notes that "people are really looking forward to being with the fans again and feeling their energy and just being able to kind of return the love that they give us," the zombie drama's annual appearance this year will mark the final one for the main show that kicked off the now expansive Walking Dead universe. "There are going to be some tears shed," says Kang. "We're a sentimental bunch."

2A4F549C-26EA-451B-9849-FA704F798C4E.jpeg

5565E96B-2EE4-47EC-9ACF-F01F94E7DB04.jpeg

6FE6F933-2E2B-4C06-A050-74078F1BE3D1.jpeg

https://ew.com/tv/walking-dead-exclusive-comic-con-images-daryl-carol/

Edited by OoohMaggie
(edited)
17 hours ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, don't give us a trailer. Just "images." 

Especially as ‘Carol in the kitchen’ could be from whichever season 🙄

Speaking of, this was the first ever and was shown at SanDiego Comic-Con 2010, seeing it for the first time in years the beginning kinda reminds me of the first ‘proper’ Mad Max 🚔

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh 😭

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I wonder what it would've been if Frank Darabont had been here for the duration.

Aaaahhhh the biggest if only, I think most of us have a pretty good idea 😡😭😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

NEWS: AMC will be airing a #TWDUniverse Preview special on Sunday, August 7th featuring exclusive information about the upcoming shows including #IsleOfTheDead, #TalesOfTWD, the Daryl spin-off, and more!#TheWalkingDead #TalkingDead pic.twitter.com/QfbItbGu6j

— The Walking Dead World #SDCC (@TWalkingDWorld) July 21, 2022

• Like 1
(edited)

“While there isn’t much known about the plot of Isle of the Dead other than it is set on Manhattan island and the pair will be on a mission together, fans of the flagship series are excited to see Negan and Maggie’s stories continue.

Patch has informed locals that portions of Route 35 in Holmdel, New Jersey, will be closed off beginning on Friday, July 22, from 8 p.m. ET until Saturday, July 23 at 5 a.m. ET. The closure will take place between Union Avenue and Miller Avenue. The Holmdel Police Department announced the closure on its Facebook page, and The New Jersey Department of Transportation also made the announcement.

It is exciting to see things being for Isle of the Dead, which is scheduled to release on AMC sometime in 2023.”

https://undeadwalking.com/2022/07/22/isle-of-the-dead-filming-holmdel-new-jersey/

I hope that might mean something to somebody, if you just happen to live somewhere where you can get a photo or two then don’t be shy with them 🤗

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

As we've long suspected, the Rick movies are dead. Instead we're reportedly getting this:

The Walking Dead Spin-Off Starring Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes and Danai Gurira's Michonne Announced for 2023

The Walking Dead's Rick Grimes Movies Scrapped for Limited Series Starring Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira

At the tail end of the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel Friday, Lincoln and leading lady Danai Gurira, who played Michonne, made a surprise appearance to reveal that instead of the features we’d been expecting, they’d be starring in a six-episode limited series, set to bow in 2023, that would wrap up their characters’ storylines. (And, knock wood, reunite them with their kids, Judith and RJ.)

Rick and Michonne.jpg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

Well, I remember zombies climbing fences way back in S1, and Morgan's undead wife trying the doorknob.

Guess I gotta finish this. 

36 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

At the tail end of the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel Friday, Lincoln and leading lady Danai Gurira, who played Michonne, made a surprise appearance to reveal that instead of the features we’d been expecting, they’d be starring in a six-episode limited series,

Not sure if the writers are capable of writing something that makes sense as to why Rick & Michonne haven't gone back yet for the kids.  We'll see.

Maybe they will make a surprise showing on the last episode of the mothership and the 2023 series will be an explanation of where they were.  THAT would be a hell of a secret, so I doubt it will happen.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, raven said:

Well, I remember zombies climbing fences way back in S1, and Morgan's undead wife trying the doorknob.

Guess I gotta finish this. 

Not sure if the writers are capable of writing something that makes sense as to why Rick & Michonne haven't gone back yet for the kids.  We'll see.

Maybe they will make a surprise showing on the last episode of the mothership and the 2023 series will be an explanation of where they were.  THAT would be a hell of a secret, so I doubt it will happen.

They also climbed stairs in the breach of ASZ, and in S01E2 a walker bashed in the store window with a rock - sure it took a while, but he did it.

I agree about the abandoned children. They've been gone so long that it looks like Judith is well into her teens.

• Love 2
(edited)

If the last six seasons had been as good as they could / should have been, I’d be positively crying after that trailer, what a shame we all know what a great trailer means, the cobbled together exciting bits but without the Oh! Please moments, of which there will be legion 😭😭

Edited by OoohMaggie

No, I don't believe that. I'm glad they got Danai back and from what I read, it's clear she and Andrew will be responsible for the bulk of whatever this story is going to be. (As an aside, I swear it almost sounds like they're doing a Hallmark Valentines special, "Love in the time of zombies" or some such).

Maybe. I don't know. I've gotten the impression from some press that Andy Lincoln has realized his post WD career hasn't quite been what he thought it was going to be and like Reedus, he's now 50ish and figuring out he can ride this zombie pony forever between various offshoots and conventions. AMC seems to be still be pinning a lot on one or more of the various spinoffs catching fire and Fear continuing to limp along a bit longer.

Rick and Michonne weren't my favorite characters of the ensemble, but they were acknowledged anchors of the core group with a long history and the showrunners are probably not wrong that plenty of people would still be interested in following them. I'm honestly more surprised Danai would commit to anything beyond a short wrap-up series. I thought she was done done to pursue moviemaking.

• Love 1