Type keyword(s) to search

The Walking Dead in the Media

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Same here, but you’re not getting a birthday greeting out of Nimoy without some serious smelling salts and a space heater; he passed away about 3-4 years ago.

How could you doubt I knew that? Didn't I just say he's my forever fave? It was a day of mourning here and I still miss him. :(

Coolness.jpg

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I was ridiculously tickled and thrilled (yeah, I seriously need to get out more)

Nonsense, who wouldn’t love a treat like that from someone we’re into?  If a friend paid for Lauren to sing me a Marilyn Monroe-esque happy birthday message, I’d probably explode 💥

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

Speaking to ComicBook.com in September, Reedus expressed an interest to stick with The Walking Dead through its final episodes.

“You know, I started on Season One of the show, and I’d love to bookend it,” Reedus said. “I put so much effort into this. For me to walk away now would just seem so cowardly. It’s a fight every day, in a million different ways. But it’s a fight that I’ve been invested in”

——————————————————————————-

A million different ways? How about 50 to 90 million different ways, which are the amounts in dollars that your new contract is supposed to be worth. $365,000 per WD episode, yet it’s the fear of people perceiving you as a coward which is making you stay...................mmmmmmmm. 

It may well be the truth, but once, just once, I would love someone to admit, in all honesty,  that they can’t believe their luck in being paid an obscene amount of money for what they actually do, and they’d be an absolute asshole to walk away from it,  I’d say good for you, fill your boots while you can, and thanks for the honesty.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/02/05/the-walking-dead-norman-reedus-new-contract-movies-season-millions/

• Love 4
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

I’d say good for you, fill your boots while you can, and thanks for the honesty.

I agree. I never saw "Boondock Saints" and maybe he was great in that. I did see him in a movie, where he was just Darryl In the Future. He's a likable personality but I see no great talent, IMO. Hey, Norman? I don't blame you. I'd keep raking in the money too.

A Walking Dead Spin-Off About Maggie?

Word is that a spinoff about Maggie Rhee (the character Cohan plays in TWD) is currently in discussion. And at the 2019 Television Critics Association's winter press tour, the in-demand actress weighed in on those rumors.

"There may have been some conversations, but everything is so early-days ambiguous," Cohan said. "Me, as much as anybody, we'll have to see what happens."

Coral’s father’s latest on bitegate!

From ComicBook

"Just to clarify once and for all: Chandler didn’t want to leave the show," William Riggs said in a Facebook post on Satrday. "He had been accepted at [Universiy of Georgia], and would complete school while working (online when filming) as he had done high school for the last 8 years. Scott Gimple personally called him and said on a conference call in April that they needed him for 3 years. Chandler agreed to a 2 year contract, which was typical. 1 year guaranteed and the next one at their option, which was also typical. He signed the deal, graduated from high school and went back to work. He bought a house near the set and enrolled at UGA so that he could be close to work since we had been commuting nearly 2 hours each way all these years. It was the middle of June, his 18th birthday was coming up in a couple of weeks, 5 episodes were filmed, and they asked for my wife and I to both be at a meeting with Chandler- which was a little odd. It made me nervous but he and his manager assured me it was to plan for filming schedule, etc. Scott Gimple was the only one there and he told us that Carl would be gone in a few episodes. Chandler was absolutely devastated. I was disappointed Scott had been dishonest with a 17 year old making life decisions and waited to tell us. After it aired, I was asked to comment on how I felt. I did, maybe shouldn’t have. 3 hours later AMC asked me to take the comment down- which I did- 6 hours later TMZ called and wanted me on and I declined. None of it has ever really been about me. Don’t know why anyone would say anything about me- but that’s ok- teaching Chandler to disregard negativity came with the deal so I can do it too lol. I never made it difficult for my son, our family had to work together to make it possible for him. Extremely grateful for the opportunity and 8 great years; as a parent I felt Chandler had earned better treatment, but that’s the biz. Unkind timing."

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/02/10/the-walking-dead-chandler-riggs-scott-gimple-carl-exit/

Edited by OoohMaggie
47 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Coral’s father’s latest on bitegate!

From ComicBook

"Just to clarify once and for all: Chandler didn’t want to leave the show," William Riggs said in a Facebook post on Satrday. "He had been accepted at [Universiy of Georgia], and would complete school while working (online when filming) as he had done high school for the last 8 years. Scott Gimple personally called him and said on a conference call in April that they needed him for 3 years. Chandler agreed to a 2 year contract, which was typical. 1 year guaranteed and the next one at their option, which was also typical. He signed the deal, graduated from high school and went back to work. He bought a house near the set and enrolled at UGA so that he could be close to work since we had been commuting nearly 2 hours each way all these years. It was the middle of June, his 18th birthday was coming up in a couple of weeks, 5 episodes were filmed, and they asked for my wife and I to both be at a meeting with Chandler- which was a little odd. It made me nervous but he and his manager assured me it was to plan for filming schedule, etc. Scott Gimple was the only one there and he told us that Carl would be gone in a few episodes. Chandler was absolutely devastated. I was disappointed Scott had been dishonest with a 17 year old making life decisions and waited to tell us. After it aired, I was asked to comment on how I felt. I did, maybe shouldn’t have. 3 hours later AMC asked me to take the comment down- which I did- 6 hours later TMZ called and wanted me on and I declined. None of it has ever really been about me. Don’t know why anyone would say anything about me- but that’s ok- teaching Chandler to disregard negativity came with the deal so I can do it too lol. I never made it difficult for my son, our family had to work together to make it possible for him. Extremely grateful for the opportunity and 8 great years; as a parent I felt Chandler had earned better treatment, but that’s the biz. Unkind timing."

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/02/10/the-walking-dead-chandler-riggs-scott-gimple-carl-exit/

Why is the father STILL talking?  Does he miss the attention now that his son is off living his own life?  I don't think Chandler has said a fraction of what his old man has said about this bullshit.   He should realize that the show shot itself in the foot (and the head, liver, and gall bladder) by killing Carl.  It was one of the biggest mistakes Gimple ever made.  Chandler understands that living well is the best revenge.  His father should learn that lesson.

I always found it odd that Gimple told Chandler that he was being terminated during the season and just three or so episodes before the character was to be killed. Based on what I read almost all the actors in regular roles who had been let go during the Gimple era have said that he told them when they went over their character's arcs before they started filming. Even the young actors who played Lizzie and Mika knew in advance that their characters were going to die. I wonder if Gimple waited to tell Chandler because of his father. There were rumors that the father is difficult and here he is spilling tea.

Edited by SimoneS

Considering the way Chandler's father behaved when Chandler was let go, I wouldn't be surprised if they held off letting Chandler know until the last minute.  Gimple's an asshole, but I find it hard to believe that they would be so cruel to a young man they watched grow up and who was loved by everyone he worked with.  Tptb wanted to keep Carl's death a secret for as long as possible and they were right because as soon as Chandler knew, the rest of the world knew.  I never believed that it was Chandler who leaked the news; I'm sure it was his old man.

24 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Gimple's an asshole, but I find it hard to believe that they would be so cruel to a young man they watched grow up and who was loved by everyone he worked with. 

But apparently he was, if you (the general you) believe Chandler's dad's story of how he was let go.  Unless Chandler contradicts it, I believe him.

Gimple treated Chandler badly when he let him go.   Probably a good lesson for Chandler, I'm sure he's doing fine.

I don't care if the dad speaks out unless it bugs Chandler, since it's his life.  I think Gimple wanted someone younger so theoretically cuter, so now we have Judith.  Plus Gimple needed to jump start what I'm sure will be an inevitable, ridiculous Negan redemption storyline and wasn't creative enough to come up with anything else then Carl being the one to want it (gag).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, raven said:

But apparently he was, if you (the general you) believe Chandler's dad's story of how he was let go.  Unless Chandler contradicts it, I believe him.

Gimple treated Chandler badly when he let him go.   Probably a good lesson for Chandler, I'm sure he's doing fine.

I don't care if the dad speaks out unless it bugs Chandler, since it's his life.  I think Gimple wanted someone younger so theoretically cuter, so now we have Judith.  Plus Gimple needed to jump start what I'm sure will be an inevitable, ridiculous Negan redemption storyline and wasn't creative enough to come up with anything else then Carl being the one to want it (gag).

I believe the story is true.  But I just wonder if they kept off from telling Chandler about Carl dying until the last minute because of his dad.  It was very cruel and Chandler definitely didn't deserve that.

The thing I liked about Chandler from the very beginning was that he wasn't a 'professional' kid.  Carl was a real live boy from the very beginning because of Chandler.  Carl was annoying at times because a real kid in that situation would be annoying.  The little girl who plays Judith is 'professional' through and through.  I can see her in a production of 'Annie' belting out 'Tomorrow'.  She's annoying because she's always 'on'.

• Love 4

One possible explanation I’ve always considered was the possibility the whole kill-Carl fiasco was a power play engineered by the Gimp to further distance the TV series from its graphic novel canon, and in so doing weaken Kirkman’s creative control death grip on the series.  Chandler Riggs and his role were simply collateral damage.

Edited by Nashville
Grammar
  • Love 4
On 2/10/2019 at 12:31 PM, mightysparrow said:

It was one of the biggest mistakes Gimple ever made.  Chandler understands that living well is the best revenge. 

It was one of the biggest mistakes in the history of television!  lol

17 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

The thing I liked about Chandler from the very beginning was that he wasn't a 'professional' kid.  Carl was a real live boy from the very beginning because of Chandler.  Carl was annoying at times because a real kid in that situation would be annoying.  The little girl who plays Judith is 'professional' through and through.  I can see her in a production of 'Annie' belting out 'Tomorrow'.  She's annoying because she's always 'on'.

THIS. So much this. 

15 hours ago, Nashville said:

One possible explanation I’ve always considered was the possibility the whole kill-Carl fiasco was a power play engineered by the Gimp to further distance the TV series from its graphic novel canon, and in so doing weaken Kirkman’s creative control death grip on the series.  Chandler Riggs and his role were simply collateral damage.

I would call that winning the battle and losing the war.

I don't mind the dad speaking out.  Talking about the spilled tea is almost all that's left.  The episodes aren't really worth discussing anymore.

• Love 5

From ComicBook

'The Walking Dead' Ratings Rise, Rock Solid Post-Rick

The Walking Dead saw an uptick in ratings on Sunday night, proving the post-Rick Grimes era of the show is holding steady through four episodes.

The Walking Dead's first episode of 2019 delivered a 2.0 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, with 1.1 million viewers in the demo. The age range of 25-54 posted a 2.5 rating, totalling 1.3 million viewers. The total viewership sat at 5.2 million viewers, which is a 1 percent increase from Episode 9x08.

Talking Dead also saw an upward bump by three percent in adults aged 18-49 for a 0.8 rating and 1.1 million viewers. It totalled 2.3 million viewers overall as Greg Nicotero and Norman Reedus joined Chris Hardwick to recap the Mid-Season Nine premiere.

The numbers aren't the same as The Walking Dead's previous live viewership stunners but in the post-Rick Grimes era, the AMC zombie series has proved its ability to maintain the current audience. The equivalent episode from Season Eight garnered 8.28 million live viewers.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/02/12/the-walking-dead-ratings-rise-post-rick-midseason-premiere/

15 hours ago, diebartdie said:

What the heck would be wrong about an "all chick" zombie show anyway? Why are some dudes so incredibly insecure?

I thought the same thing. It was nice to see Cudlitz shoot him down. 

I've seen posts about Ghostbusters "being given back to the fans" with a new movie. Which means rewarding the douchebags who were put off by the female cast, a few years ago. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

David Morrissey Doesn't Feel 'Finished' With The Governor

I'm a little amused that David Morrissey is "volunteering" to resurrect the Governor for a prequel movie or movies now that all the talk is about the franchise going that direction, but he probably figures it's worth putting it out there to see if he gets any bites.  I've not gotten around to reading the series of spinoff novels that chronicle the character's backstory, but my husband loves them and he said they gave him a much greater appreciation for the entire Woodbury story and what the show was trying to do with the character.  So it's not like the material doesn't already exist or there isn't a fanbase that wouldn't probably be interested in seeing it onscreen.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

David Morrissey Doesn't Feel 'Finished' With The Governor

I'm a little amused that David Morrissey is "volunteering" to resurrect the Governor for a prequel movie or movies now that all the talk is about the franchise going that direction, but he probably figures it's worth putting it out there to see if he gets any bites.  I've not gotten around to reading the series of spinoff novels that chronicle the character's backstory, but my husband loves them and he said they gave him a much greater appreciation for the entire Woodbury story and what the show was trying to do with the character.  So it's not like the material doesn't already exist or a fanbase that wouldn't probably be interested in seeing it onscreen.

David Morrissey would be a much better investment that that Pollyanne Whateverhernameis that's been attached to Rick's story.  I can't think of anyone who cares about her character and the thought that they're setting Michonne up for a chick-fight over Rick Grimes makes me ill.  The Governor was a popular character and it would give tptb a chance to FINALLY do a story about the beginning of the ZA.  Kind of like 'Fear the Walking Dead' was SUPPOSED to be.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

David Morrissey would be a much better investment that that Pollyanne Whateverhernameis that's been attached to Rick's story. 

But... wasn't everyone informed by that little Chris whatsisname that "Everyone loves Jadis"?🤨

Agree about the Gov. He was one of my favorite characters.

• Love 3
On 2/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, mightysparrow said:

The Governor was a popular character and it would give tptb a chance to FINALLY do a story about the beginning of the ZA.  Kind of like 'Fear the Walking Dead' was SUPPOSED to be.

Yeah, The Gov really was, well, The Gov!

maybe the new show will let us experience the start of the ZA the way we’ve all wanted to, preferably set in the U.K. so I can go and visit some sets.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/02/28/the-walking-dead-new-spinoff-series-show-amc/

• Love 1

Just took a peek at those links.

Negan- Safe. Negan returns to The Walking Dead on Sunday night after electing to head straight back to his jail cell.

Thank goodness Negan is safe! I've been on pins and needles over the thought of losing him. But really, didn't he get the "Get lost" hint when one of his servants caretakers left his cell door open?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

It seems that these fools are spending a lot of time and energy on projects that DON'T EVEN EXIST, while the main project is floundering.  On Sunday, we got a love-quandrangle involving three men and a woman.  Except one of the men (Eugene) is so lame, he hasn't even had sex with the woman.  So I don't know why he's involved.  Maybe if the people who ran the show spent a little time writing Eugene a story time and less time talking about characters who are dead and gone, this show could be something.

• LOL 2

‘The Walking Dead’ Warns ‘Game of Thrones’-Like Red Wedding Is Coming,

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

If Kang can leave me actually open mouthed, as did the ‘Red Wedding’, I will give Daryl Dixon a tongue bath! 👅

C://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2019/03/21/the-walking-dead-warns-game-of-thrones-red-wedding-the-fair-915-calm-before

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 3

Kang does sometimes leave me open-mouthed with astonishment at what she thinks is gripping and wonderful storytelling.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:45 PM, OoohMaggie said:

I will give Daryl Dixon a tongue bath!

You might have to get in line for that.🤨 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

You might have to get in line for that.🤨  

Yes and that’s the really frightening thing, I think you’d need tweezers to pull his arse hairs out of your teeth! 😬

Edited by OoohMaggie
On 3/22/2019 at 1:45 PM, OoohMaggie said:

If Kang can leave me actually open mouthed, as did the ‘Red Wedding’, I will give Daryl Dixon a tongue bath! 👅

Ew! I think you are safe. I would start the water off, and throw him some body wash, shampoo, and a loofah. 

• Love 1