Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Jakes said:

far from great but not beneath contempt like some still too easily make as a SPN cliche criticism.   So I don't mind them being there--though more interested in the rest above them.

BL still write in "cliches" themselves wrt to characterization of all the main characters.  Maybe if they stop being cliched, the so called "cliche" criticism would go away.  Just because you don't like the criticism doesn't make it cliched. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

BL still write in "cliches" themselves wrt to characterization of all the main characters.  Maybe if they stop being cliched, the so called "cliche" criticism would go away.  Just because you don't like the criticism doesn't make it cliched. 

Not going to make it a big defense because they aren't my favorites but I stand by that they have gotten better over last couple years.   Disagree to a degree on your criticism--the cliché imo is the easy shorthand within some fandom circles  that they are beneath contempt and totally dreadful--overstated imo.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Not going to make it a big defense because they aren't my favorites but I stand by that they have gotten better over last couple years.   Disagree to a degree on your criticism--the cliché imo is the easy shorthand within some fandom circles  that they are beneath contempt and totally dreadful--overstated imo.

I don't use other fans comments as a measure of what I think.  What do fandom circles matter here? Sorry I don't get your point.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, BoxManLocke said:

Not sure I can stomach seeing their smiling faces for a whole panel and the people around throwing compliments. They don't deserve a spot on this stage or any other.

I think they were in the Paley panel. She only spoke once & I don't think he spoke at all. Everyone pretty much ignored them. Between Rich & Rob and J2, I doubt we'll hear anything from the Nep Duo.

8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I prefer the panels to be moderated by an outside person.  I want a moderator who will ask serious questions and I don't think Dick and Rob will do that with Singer, and Buck Lemming. With Dick and Rob , it's become too in jokey and the whole bit with Misha last season and the little chair was funny for a bit but it dragged on too long and was uncomfortable to watch after a time. I know Misha was in on it but it was too much.

I see your point, but answers tend to get so repetitive at Comic-Con considering how little they can say about the next season, I don't mind the panel itself going off the rails.

Also, I can't say I'm interested about character-centric questions that take season 13 into account. I'd rather forget everything that happened since last September ; hell, I'm sure the writers will forget most of it themselves.

What I don't want though is another marriage proposal or something like that. Sorry to be so insensitive, but this is a 40-minutes panel we only get to see once a year. Please don't waste people's time.

36 minutes ago, auntvi said:

I think they were in the Paley panel. She only spoke once & I don't think he spoke at all. Everyone pretty much ignored them. Between Rich & Rob and J2, I doubt we'll hear anything from the Nep Duo.

Interesting. Maybe I'll watch the Paleyfest thing after all.

Besides, like I said this is a short panel, I don't know what they're thinking inviting 8 people. Some are bound to get completely sidelined, and it won't be the actors.

I'd be totally worth it if they got booed by the audience. That'll be my headcanon after the panel anyway.

21 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I don't use other fans comments as a measure of what I think.  What do fandom circles matter here? Sorry I don't get your point.

I wasn't specifically referring  about you when I made my comment.

So I just noticed Misha and Mark are hugging it out and enjoying each others company over in Japan doing PR before Holly Con.  Nice to see them happy in each others company.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Jakes said:

So I just noticed Misha and Mark are hugging it out and enjoying each others company over in Japan doing PR before Holly Con.  Nice to see them happy in each others company.

Mark P or Mark Sheppard?

4 minutes ago, Jakes said:

It's with Mark Sheppard.

Cool. I don't really pay attention to a lot of the other cons so I don't know who would have been there.  I never thought Mark Sheppard was at odds with the cast at all.  I've always thought the main 4 got along so it's not surprising to me that they are hugging it out.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Is it me or does Kripke change what inspired him to write Supernatural a lot?  First it was Night Stalker, then he based Dean and Sam on "On the Road" characters from the Kerouac back.  Then it was X Files ish in tone and tenor the first seasons under Kim Manners direction.  Of course, I suppose a writer can be inspired by many things.  It just kind of amuses me how those things morph a bit.  Ah well. Hope it's a success for him.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Cool. I don't really pay attention to a lot of the other cons so I don't know who would have been there.  I never thought Mark Sheppard was at odds with the cast at all.  I've always thought the main 4 got along so it's not surprising to me that they are hugging it out.

Quoting myself, because this showed up in my Twitter TL...heh.

• Love 1

JFC....

I.... I am posting from the after life. 

The gun show will be out of control once the others post their flexes.

I, for one, thank the universe for this small gift before I died. 

27 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Must...not....smut... must...not...

*ded* 

RIP gonzosgirrl.

• Love 5

Was this the Full Unveiling of the Tat?

I SO! needed this...

1 minute ago, MysteryGuest said:

The man's posing with his daughter, so I'll try to behave myself...yeah, right.  Love JJ's expression!

She is Adorable.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

JFC....

I.... I am posting from the after life. 

The gun show will be out of control once the others post their flexes.

I, for one, thank the universe for this small gift before I died. 

Others might be bigger, but I guarantee they won't be better (from this POV anyway). Good god, he's perfect. And sly of him to pose with JJ - at least there's a chance the smut won't be out of control, lolol.

18 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Was this the Full Unveiling of the Tat?

I SO! needed this...

She is Adorable.

What a way to see the (almost) full tat for the first time. Have mercy!

20 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

She is Adorable.

And she knows how to make a proper fist! #daddysgirl

I just love the nickname 'birdie' - makes me smile every time.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

If we have to have Dean as Micheal next season, what's wrong with this look?

Going by the look Michael chose to wear walking down the street in the finale, this look would go totally against his taste.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Going by the look Michael chose to wear walking down the street in the finale, this look would go totally against his taste.

Jensen looks good in period clothing, but I think I'd like this better.  I've been good, so I think I should get what I want.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

*ded* 

RIP gonzosgirrl.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is definitely in my top 5 of favorite Jensen pics for the rest of eternity *drools*

4 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Everyone okay in here? Breathing? 

still breathing....somewhat....

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I think they really messed up when shooting the finale's ending. They picked a costume at random without thinking things through. It's not the only scene in the finale that seems to have been shot in a hurry.

Anyway, what I mean to say is that it would look dumb as hell for Michael to hang around other characters while looking straight out of the 1920s. I really wouldn't mind if they reverted back to something more modern that complements the beard.

Although after waiting so long for Jensen to sport a beard in the show (makes very little sense btw, he could have had one on so many occasions), if this is the final look, I'd be a little disappointed, but heh... better than nothing.

Edited by BoxManLocke
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is definitely in my top 5 of favorite Jensen pics for the rest of eternity *drools*

still breathing....somewhat....

agreed...and for such a good cause too! Hope the others join in the gun show... 

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

*ded* 

RIP gonzosgirrl.

Interesting Jensen gave a flex challenge to Conan O'Brien too--i'll bet anything that the J's will be back on Conan for Comic Con again.

PS--Checked and Conan not listing Supernatural as a guest...so probably not.

Edited by Jakes
8 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Discussing Jensen's tweet and his look in it, I have to ask - are they back shooting yet? If not, then who knows what Michael!Dean will look like.

I think they start filming next week or the week after. Arrow is back filming next week.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think they start filming next week or the week after. Arrow is back filming next week.

They start on the 9th.   We'll see soon if Jensen does his yearly shave photos or if he keeps some facial hair or not.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Interesting Jensen gave a flex challenge to Conan O'Brien too--i'll bet anything that the J's will be back on Conan for Comic Con again.

Not seen any of the people he challenged take him up on it, although I do not follow Conan O'Brien I do follow the others both on Twitter and Instagram.  Pity if they don't as I would love to see some of their pics!!

• Love 2

I love the 5 o'clock shadow on him best of all. First Born and Blade Runners took that look to new lengths.

I'd love that look on Dean/Michael. And if they took it even a little darker, that would be even better, AFAIC. ;-)

• Love 6