Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

(edited)

So.... looking at Jensen really IS like looking into the sun.  I can even see the golden rays beaming down on his gorgeousness as he drinks his beer.

I'd rather Jensen's acting is recognized than a cartoon episode.  But just to be nominated is an honour I guess? (isn't that what you're supposed to say?)

Some fans are rude, intentional or not.  But the guys certainly have zero competition between each other. A friendship couldn't work otherwise.  

I recently watched a fan video on YT, she obviously had pretty bad seats and seemed way in the back.  The boys were sat on stage.  The thing that bugged me were the number of fans wandering around the room, standing about in the aisles talking to each other.  I've never been to a convention but how is this even allowed? For one thing, they were in the way of the fans trying to watch or record, and also - isn't it rude to the people on stage?  Maybe it's darkness and the Js can't see that far back, but it bothered me.  And why aren't these young people (most with huge backpacks for some reason) sitting down and watching?  There were some empty seats nearby.  It all seemed so casual, but also odd as it was the Js Afternoon Panel and I'd expect people paid a lot of money to be there.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

So.... looking at Jensen really IS like looking into the sun.  I can even see the golden rays beaming down on his gorgeousness as he drinks his beer.

I'd rather Jensen's acting is recognized than a cartoon episode.  But just to be nominated is an honour I guess? (isn't that what you're supposed to say?)

Some fans are rude, intentional or not.  But the guys certainly have zero competition between each other. A friendship couldn't work otherwise.  

I recently watched a fan video on YT, she obviously had pretty bad seats and seemed way in the back.  The boys were sat on stage.  The thing that bugged me were the number of fans wandering around the room, standing about in the aisles talking to each other.  I've never been to a convention but how is this even allowed? For one thing, they were in the way of the fans trying to watch or record, and also - isn't it rude to the people on stage?  Maybe it's darkness and the Js can't see that far back, but it bothered me.  And why aren't these young people (most with huge backpacks for some reason) sitting down and watching?  There were some empty seats nearby.  It all seemed so casual, but also odd as it was the Js Gold Panel and I'd expect people paid a lot of money to be there.

I've been to several conventions and people walking around don't seem to interupt.  I've found people pretty respectful of those trying to take photos or video.  If people were walking around it may be possible they were getting up and going to photo ops.  Jensen's is usually right after the gold panel, so people may get up a couple of minutes early to try and beat the crowd.  When a panel ends it can take awhile to get out as everyone is trying to leave at once.

The Gold panel is a lot more casual and since its only for Gold package ticket holders, there aren't as many people.  

But the cons I've been to I've never noticed any disruptions. 

• Love 1

Thanks for the response @ILoveReading.  I actually went in and edited my post as it was the afternoon panel because I remember the Js were sitting down. 

I can't find the fan video now.  I don't remember which convention it was. But it's a huge auditorium. There's a block of seats close to the stage full to the brim, then a wide aisle, then another block of chairs where this person was sitting.  It was the wide aisle that constantly had girls wandering back and forth.

Anyway, my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all those generous fans that video and then post the convention panels.  SPN Family is the greatest 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Thanks for the response @ILoveReading.  I actually went in and edited my post as it was the afternoon panel because I remember the Js were sitting down. 

I can't find the fan video now.  I don't remember which convention it was. But it's a huge auditorium. There's a block of seats close to the stage full to the brim, then a wide aisle, then another block of chairs where this person was sitting.  It was the wide aisle that constantly had girls wandering back and forth.

Anyway, my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all those generous fans that video and then post the convention panels.  SPN Family is the greatest 

If it was the afternoon panels, then its possible the people were in the question line up.  If it was an older video before Creation put the lottery in place the question lines for Jensen and Jared were pretty long.  In the question line there are some conversations, usually they're pretty short and quiet (at least in my experience). 

There is the odd rude fan but I find they're usually the exception not the norm.   In my experiences cons are fun, and the people are pretty welcoming and open.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

There is the odd rude fan but I find they're usually the exception not the norm.   In my experiences cons are fun, and the people are pretty welcoming and open.

Having never been to a con I had wrongly assumed that behaviour of people would be similar to some online behaviour I have witnessed. 

I've never been to a con before either, and I doubt I'll be going to one anytime soon.  I know that while watching some of the videos, I get annoyed with all the people who just can't help themselves from shouting things out, whether they've been asked for their input, or not.  Maybe it's less annoying in person, and just seems amplified because of the cell phones picking every sound up.  I don't know.  I just know that I'm old and cranky, and I don't even like to go to the movies where people are constantly filing in late, or in and out of the aisle six times for popcorn refills and bathroom breaks.  When I'm paying the price of a movie ticket today, I like to actually be able to watch the movie.  I can't imagine spending what these cons cost and having to deal with people milling around and talking through the panels.  I hope it's a good experience for people.

• Love 1

In my experience, you tend to tune out the stuff going on around you, unless it's truly disruptive. I've tried to take video at each con and for the most part, people are really considerate and helpful when they realize you're videoing or taking photos. BUT, I have to say, if it comes down to me recording it, or a person in attendance enjoying their experience to the fullest, for me, they take precedence. So if the person next to me apologizes for laughing too loudly, or wanting to stand and cheer, I say do not worry about it. That's just me though. Even the (subjectively) rude questions don't get much reaction, with the exception of the almost-universally disdained prank questions. And nothing sucks the air out of the room quite like a question that begins with some overly-personal, heart-rending preface. I've been to four cons and thoroughly enjoyed them all - wouldn't trade the experiences for the world. I don't know if I'll get to another one though - the costs have gone up so much, especially if you have to add travel and accommodations into the mix. But they are returning to Toronto in 2019, so I never say never.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I've never been to a con before either, and I doubt I'll be going to one anytime soon.  I know that while watching some of the videos, I get annoyed with all the people who just can't help themselves from shouting things out, whether they've been asked for their input, or not.  Maybe it's less annoying in person, and just seems amplified because of the cell phones picking every sound up.  I don't know.  I just know that I'm old and cranky, and I don't even like to go to the movies where people are constantly filing in late, or in and out of the aisle six times for popcorn refills and bathroom breaks.  When I'm paying the price of a movie ticket today, I like to actually be able to watch the movie.  I can't imagine spending what these cons cost and having to deal with people milling around and talking through the panels.  I hope it's a good experience for people.

I couldn't agree more though I must say that where we go to the movies I don't have this problem so much. Where I do have this problem? Concerts. Which is even more annoying, because concerts cost even more than movies, and I, for one, don't understand why someone would want to spend $50+ dollars to go to a music concert and then spend most of it talking to your friend. This is especially annoying at concerts in amphitheaters. We usually get tickets in the seating area, so I'm not talking about the more casual sitting on the grass situations. And my hubby is the type that doesn't like making a scene, so I generally have to sit (or stand) and stew as the gabbers behind me ruin my experience. During one Avett Brothers concert I came very close to losing my cool. I turned around and glared a time or two, but hubby was getting nervous that I'd do more so I had to leave for a bit to cool down.

At my last Bon Jovi concert so many people kept getting up to get beer and walking in front of us. And because the seats next to us were vacant for some reason (we were way up there) and were the only vacant seats in the area, people would wander over from other areas wander around on the stairs, then sit in those seats, then proceed to get up to get beer... repeatedly. I'm sure people would have been talking behind us (they did at another Bon Jovi concert we went to), but I got tickets at the back of the section so there was a wall behind us.

As for cons, I have only been to Dragon Con - I've been going since 2003 - and I must say that they are the most considerate audiences I have seen outside of scientific meetings. Hardly anyone talks during panels (I can't even think of one notable case where I remember it happening in my 15 cons). Hardly anyone gets up to leave... and those that do generally sit or stand near the back to start with so as not to bother anyone else. People are courteous while standing in line to get into a panel. No one yells anything out from the audience***... unless they are asked to (as with certain audience participation panels - usually improv type panels). During the guest panels, people do "stand" in line for questions, but they generally kneel or sit on the floor until it is time for their question to be asked unless the line is against the wall and not in front of anyone.

*** With one notable exception. I do remember one woman yelling to James Marsters once to take his shirt off. That ended notably and with someone taking their shirt off - not James - but that was the exception for sure rather than the rule.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Happy Fathers Day!

tumblr_pah1ltkOnL1qc2fi0o1_540.jpg

tumblr_pah1ltkOnL1qc2fi0o3_540.jpgtumblr_pah1ltkOnL1qc2fi0o2_540.png

Aww, Zepp got a haircut!

What great pics of three awesome dads. Their kids are all growing up in a non-traditional way, with dads away so much of the time, but they all seem to be happy, healthy and loved in their normal. I admire them all!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

According to Danneel, Arrow is crying becasue she wanted to sit in the middle.

Awww, poor princess. LOL!

44 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

tumblr_inline_pahdfoqBWB1ut1onf_540.jpg

Looks like Shep got a haircut too :)

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

According to Danneel, Arrow is crying becasue she wanted to sit in the middle.

Hmmm... I have a hard time faulting Arrow on this one...............

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Danneel's Instagram

I feel like I should know who the #ripmikenyius refers to, but my brain these days....  anybody?

He was the store clerk that the leviathan ate in that episode (The Girl Next Door) which was directed by Jensen. I guess that was what was showing on TNT today?

He passed away April 2015 while climbing the "North Shore".

Edited by Res
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Danneel's Instagram

I feel like I should know who the #ripmikenyius refers to, but my brain these days....  anybody?

I think there was a crew member or a stunt actor that was a friend of J2 who died.

• Love 2

Their kids are all just adorable.  I'm sure it's tough being away from them, but thank God for FaceTime, etc.  It at least allows them to see and talk to them live throughout the day when they're away.  It's not perfect, but certainly better than just phone calls.  Especially when they're so young.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

Their kids are all just adorable.  I'm sure it's tough being away from them, but thank God for FaceTime, etc.  It at least allows them to see and talk to them live throughout the day when they're away.  It's not perfect, but certainly better than just phone calls.  Especially when they're so young.

Agree! It's not an ideal thing, but lots of families require one parent or the other to be away for days/weeks at a time, 52 weeks of the year. My brother was a long-haul trucker in the days before Skype and Facetime. It takes a strong relationship and a great partner - in this case the boys' wives - to make it work. Kudos to them all.

Question: Is the pic on the previous page of Jared and his boys an old one? He looks different in the Father's Day tweet on this page. 

• Love 1

yes, it’s an old photo.  I can’t do the link thing right now, cos I’m on my iPad,  but you should check out the latest (Father’s Day) video on nowandgen.com - absolutely delightful.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:57 PM, AwesomO4000 said:

I couldn't agree more though I must say that where we go to the movies I don't have this problem so much. Where I do have this problem? Concerts. Which is even more annoying, because concerts cost even more than movies, and I, for one, don't understand why someone would want to spend $50+ dollars to go to a music concert and then spend most of it talking to your friend. This is especially annoying at concerts in amphitheaters. We usually get tickets in the seating area, so I'm not talking about the more casual sitting on the grass situations. And my hubby is the type that doesn't like making a scene, so I generally have to sit (or stand) and stew as the gabbers behind me ruin my experience. During one Avett Brothers concert I came very close to losing my cool. I turned around and glared a time or two, but hubby was getting nervous that I'd do more so I had to leave for a bit to cool down.

At my last Bon Jovi concert so many people kept getting up to get beer and walking in front of us. And because the seats next to us were vacant for some reason (we were way up there) and were the only vacant seats in the area, people would wander over from other areas wander around on the stairs, then sit in those seats, then proceed to get up to get beer... repeatedly. I'm sure people would have been talking behind us (they did at another Bon Jovi concert we went to), but I got tickets at the back of the section so there was a wall behind us.

As for cons, I have only been to Dragon Con - I've been going since 2003 - and I must say that they are the most considerate audiences I have seen outside of scientific meetings. Hardly anyone talks during panels (I can't even think of one notable case where I remember it happening in my 15 cons). Hardly anyone gets up to leave... and those that do generally sit or stand near the back to start with so as not to bother anyone else. People are courteous while standing in line to get into a panel. No one yells anything out from the audience***... unless they are asked to (as with certain audience participation panels - usually improv type panels). During the guest panels, people do "stand" in line for questions, but they generally kneel or sit on the floor until it is time for their question to be asked unless the line is against the wall and not in front of anyone.

*** With one notable exception. I do remember one woman yelling to James Marsters once to take his shirt off. That ended notably and with someone taking their shirt off - not James - but that was the exception for sure rather than the rule.

I’ve been going to dragoncon since 2009, and I agree. :)

Do you ever go to the supernatural panels? I love the priest that does them. Getting his take on it is always refreshing. It’s nice to know that they at least usually do their homework when it comes to religion. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

So is there a livestream for the SDCC panel on the 22nd? Anyone know where to find one?

The last few years SDCC does a livestream through their youtube channel, if I remember right.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, BoxManLocke said:

I just read that BuckLeming are set to appear at the SDCC panel.

Any official source on this ?

Really hope they're not going to ruin Comic-Con for me too.

Yes they are on the panel.  

http://www.ksitetv.com/riverdale/warner-bros-announces-panels-for-comic-con-2018/181010/

10:30–11:30 a.m. Supernatural Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Join the series’ stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins, Alexander Calvert and executive producers Robert Singer, Andrew Dabb, Eugenie Ross-Leming and Brad Buckner in Hall H to answer questions about the shocking events in last season’s intense finale, as well as what’s in store for the 14th season of this exciting series, when the show will reach the rare milestone of 300 episodes! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights! The 14th season of Supernatural will return to The CW on Thursday, October 11 in its 8/7c time period. The series is produced by Kripke Enterprises Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television. Supernatural: The Complete Thirteenth Season is available now on Digital, and will be released on Blu-ray™ and DVD on September 4. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Supernatural and follow the show on Twitter at @cw_spn.  Hall H

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yes they are on the panel. 

Thank you.

Never missed a single panel since like 2009. Not sure I can stomach seeing their smiling faces for a whole panel and the people around throwing compliments. They don't deserve a spot on this stage or any other.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, BoxManLocke said:

They don't deserve a spot on this stage or any other.

I agree totally.  It's nepotism at its finest.  This show needs to go back to learning nuance and subtlety, but it never will with writers like this.  Its all in your face shock and awe and no reason why.  Puddle deep emotions. I could go on but I'm in the wrong thread. Sigh.  

• Love 5

I prefer the panels to be moderated by an outside person.  I want a moderator who will ask serious questions and I don't think Dick and Rob will do that with Singer, and Buck Lemming. With Dick and Rob , it's become too in jokey and the whole bit with Misha last season and the little chair was funny for a bit but it dragged on too long and was uncomfortable to watch after a time. I know Misha was in on it but it was too much.

• Love 3

I don't mind Rich and Rob MC-ing - they are at least entertaining.  Andrew, Bob and the Nep Duo will just waffle on importantly about nothing like last time.   Alex will  just mention pranks again.  J2 and Misha are the main draw and the reason people lined up all night for Hall H. 

The round table conversations that happen afterwards are way more informative about the show and the actors' input IMO.  

5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't mind Rich and Rob MC-ing - they are at least entertaining.  Andrew, Bob and the Nep Duo will just waffle on importantly about nothing like last time.   Alex will  just mention pranks again.  J2 and Misha are the main draw and the reason people lined up all night for Hall H. 

The round table conversations that happen afterwards are way more informative about the show and the actors' input IMO.  

I understand that. I was thinking back to when outside moderators asked the questions like get asked at the round table.s Sure it's entertaining for some. I felt outside moderators had better control and made sure each panelist was asked a pertinent question about their character or their SL. I feel that's dropped off with Dick and Rob.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Yes Rich and Rob are fun and part of the family--and I think they do a decent job of asking questions.  I agree that J2M should be given the most attention(and hopefully will) but I don't mind the writers and producers being there too.  Also glad to see Alex on the big stage for the first time--I think he'll get a good question or two and he has good chemistry with J2M.  

Do agree that the round tables are were we get the best info but still like the entertainment of the panel.  The round tables are great in having everyone there because the suits and actors give good info from different angles--the more angles the better.  About the dreadful duo--I actually think they've improved in last couple seasons...far from great but not beneath contempt like some still too easily make as a SPN cliche criticism.   So I don't mind them being there--though more interested in the rest above them.

• Love 1