Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Good lord that little donkey is adorable. 

SOOOOO CUTE

10 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

From another angle

Holy fuck. That's the first video that played properly for me.  JFC

• Love 1

Tree Topper has a posted report that the cast of SPN will be at the red carpet of Thursdays CW Upfront--doesn't say who...for sure the J's, maybe Misha and/or others.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Tree Topper has a posted report that the cast of SPN will be at the red carpet of Thursdays CW Upfront--doesn't say who...for sure the J's, maybe Misha and/or others.

I posted the CWs Tweet and Instagram about this in the media thread a couple hours ago.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ugh. Why is SPN still at 8pm. It's a terrible time for the show. Sigh. 

http://tvline.com/2018/05/17/cw-fall-lineup-2018-supergirl-sunday-charmed-schedule/

♦ Supergirl will launch the CW’s previously-announced expansion into Sunday next fall, with Melissa Benoist and Co. kicking things off on the night at 8/7c, leading into the network’s new Charmed reboot at 9/8c.

♦ Arrow is shifting to Mondays at 9/8c following DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

♦ The final seasons of Jane the Virgin and iZombie are being held until midseason. Meanwhile, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend — also heading into its final season — will kick off its goodbye this fall, once again on Fridays. (Here’s more on the trio’s quasi-imminent departures.)

♦ Originals spinoff Legacies has snagged the post-Supernatural perch on Thursdays.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
(edited)

One big question was the network’s decision to pass on WAYWARD SISTERS, the second attempt at a SUPERNATURAL spin-off. The show was presented as a backdoor pilot this past season of SUPERNATURAL, but the network didn’t ultimately order it to series. According to Pedowitz, they had a lot of great material to choose from for the new season and they’re really excited about the shows they did pick up. He said “we are big fans of the characters [of WAYWARD SISTERS] and the women who played those characters. But we did not feel cratively that the show was where we wanted it to be. And we felt we had a better shot with [ORIGINALS spinoff] LEGACIES.” Pedowitz added that they will likely have conversations with SUPERNATURAL’s showrunners after the Upfronts about whether they can repurpose this show or if they’ll go another route in the future for another possible spin-off attempt.

To me this sounds like the issue was with at least some of the characters. And maybe that the plot just isn't different enough from SPN to warrant another show simply because all the leads are women.

Sorry I forgot!  - link to article.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

I'm not really a fan of spin-offs.  To me it's just laziness, the same as remaking every movie, or doing nineteen sequels, or now re-booting every old television show.  It shows a total lack of creativity or originality, and comes off as just a money grab, IMO.  They find a formula that works, and just continue to do the same thing until they've driven the idea right into the ground.  

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

SUPERNATURAL’s showrunners after the Upfronts about whether they can repurpose this show o

Wait, what? Repurpose SPN and change it to Wayward Whatever? I don't get what he's saying here. I mean they can just integrate those characters into being recurring characters that revolve around Sam and Dean....like everyone else.

That's just a weird thing for him to say.  Does he mean repurpose the characters for another show?

they do have to resolve the Rift that is in Sioux Falls now.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Wait, what? Repurpose SPN and change it to Wayward Whatever? I don't get what he's saying here. I mean they can just integrate those characters into being recurring characters that revolve around Sam and Dean....like everyone else.

That's just a weird thing for him to say.  Does he mean repurpose the characters for another show?

they do have to resolve the Rift that is in Sioux Falls now.

No, I think (I'm sure) he was talking about repurposing the story/characters of WS, either into another iteration of WS or integrating them back into SPNverse. He says 'this show' when he's already talking about WS, but it's the showrunners of Supernatural that produced it that he'll be talking to.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
31 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'm not really a fan of spin-offs.  To me it's just laziness, the same as remaking every movie, or doing nineteen sequels, or now re-booting every old television show.  It shows a total lack of creativity or originality, and comes off as just a money grab, IMO.  They find a formula that works, and just continue to do the same thing until they've driven the idea right into the ground.  

Spinoffs can be better than the originals...sometimes.   But the ones that work best IMO take an interesting character or two and become a whole different show, not trying to copy the original.  Think: Mork & Mindy, Laverne & Shirley, Frasier, or any of the Star Trek follow ups.  They all had their own lives in the same universe, not just an adjunct to the mothership.

Personally, I hate reboots/remakes much more.  *Those* have no creativity at all, just trying to bring in a younger audience by recasting with younger leads and bringing in current events and slang.  But in general, the reason the original show ended was because it had run its course or run out of ideas, and updating to the 21st century won't necessarily help that.  Besides, if I liked the original actors, I truly hate when they're replaced, especially with baby-faced young'uns.  (I'm old!)  

• Love 3

I think it's the next paragraph in that article I linked above that is the most telling regarding them passing on WS.

Pedowitz also highlighted the show’s diversity statistics for the new season — he stated that 30 of the 37 regular actors on their various shows are all women or minorities and highlighted the fact that all five of their new series have female writers/executive producers.

When they had so much to choose from, and so much diversity amongst those choices as far as female and minority representation, just having an all-female cast was not enough. The show had to stand out on its own merits, ie, writing, acting and original storytelling and for me that just wasn't there. If they intended to move toward more personal stories/less monster hunting down the road (which would have made it significantly different than SPN), that wasn't made clear in the pilot. I can see how they would think that two shows, airing concurrently and telling virtually the same stories wasn't all that enticing, not when they had other choices that also met the diversity aspect they were looking for.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Personally, I hate reboots/remakes much more.  *Those* have no creativity at all, just trying to bring in a younger audience by recasting with younger leads and bringing in current events and slang.  But in general, the reason the original show ended was because it had run its course or run out of ideas, and updating to the 21st century won't necessarily help that.  Besides, if I liked the original actors, I truly hate when they're replaced, especially with baby-faced young'uns.  (I'm old!)  

I agree in principle - especially in films, moreso than tv. And rebooting iconic tv shows with 'fresh' actors (Charmed, Magnum PI, etc) just sucks.

But I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed the return of Will & Grace, and while I think (and always have thought) Roseanne Barr is off her nut, I have also enjoyed the Roseanne reboot immensely. In both cases, it's like they just turned the cameras back on twenty years later and we picked right back up on their lives. I fully accept that it's a nostalgia thing for me, and I'll probably throw my hands up in the air when they do this one too many times, but damned if I'm not looking forward to Murphy Brown, too.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

No, I think (I'm sure) he was talking about repurposing the story/characters of WS, either into another iteration of WS or integrating them back into SPNverse. He says 'this show' when he's already talking about WS, but it's the showrunners of Supernatural that produced it that he'll be talking to.

He was talking about Wayward Sisters, not messing with SPN, I have read it 3 times. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I agree in principle - especially in films, moreso than tv. And rebooting iconic tv shows with 'fresh' actors (Charmed, Magnum PI, etc) just sucks.

But I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed the return of Will & Grace, and while I think (and always have thought) Roseanne Barr is off her nut, I have also enjoyed the Roseanne reboot immensely. In both cases, it's like they just turned the cameras back on twenty years later and we picked right back up on their lives. I fully accept that it's nostalgia thing for me, and I'll probably throw my hands up in the air when they do this one too many times, but damned if I'm not looking forward to Murphy Brown, too.

IMO, having a show return with the same characters (and same actors!) 20 years later isn't exactly the same as a reboot (maybe "remake" works better here) of the old show with new actors, because it has all the history behind it (and I'm assuming won't be repeating the same episodes, just with new characters) :)  If it continues from where they left off, with the characters acting their ages and with all their past experiences in place, that could be wonderful.  It may be nostalgia, but it's more like running into old friends that you haven't seen for a long time and catching up with them.  OTOH, if they're still trying to be the same as they were 20 years ago I think it would be pretty annoying.  JMO.  

• Love 4

♦ Originals spinoff Legacies has snagged the post-Supernatural perch on Thursdays.

Haha, seeing as they picked up Legacies over WS, that is kind of cold. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Diane said:

He was talking about Wayward Sisters, not messing with SPN, I have read it 3 times. 

Yes Pedowitz is talking about if they have to try Wayward Girls again by repurposing it OR SPN trying a totally new spinoff.

15 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Gods they look so good.

Love when they bring Misha to these things with the J's--nice respect.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Haha, seeing as they picked up Legacies over WS, that is kind of cold. 

Ice cold!

Who cares about Hope Michaelson anyway? I’m so annoyed that they picked that up and not WS.

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Ugh. Why is SPN still at 8pm. It's a terrible time for the show. Sigh. 

http://tvline.com/2018/05/17/cw-fall-lineup-2018-supergirl-sunday-charmed-schedule/

♦ Supergirl will launch the CW’s previously-announced expansion into Sunday next fall, with Melissa Benoist and Co. kicking things off on the night at 8/7c, leading into the network’s new Charmed reboot at 9/8c.

♦ Arrow is shifting to Mondays at 9/8c following DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

♦ The final seasons of Jane the Virgin and iZombie are being held until midseason. Meanwhile, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend — also heading into its final season — will kick off its goodbye this fall, once again on Fridays. (Here’s more on the trio’s quasi-imminent departures.)

I'm fine with SPN staying on Thursday--and announcing 3 final seasons for other shows tells us the CW will do the same for SPN...so hello season 15!

(edited)
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

But I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed the return of Will & Grace, and while I think (and always have thought) Roseanne Barr is off her nut, I have also enjoyed the Roseanne reboot immensely. In both cases, it's like they just turned the cameras back on twenty years later and we picked right back up on their lives. I fully accept that it's a nostalgia thing for me, and I'll probably throw my hands up in the air when they do this one too many times, but damned if I'm not looking forward to Murphy Brown, too.

48 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

IMO, having a show return with the same characters (and same actors!) 20 years later isn't exactly the same as a reboot (maybe "remake" works better here) of the old show with new actors, because it has all the history behind it (and I'm assuming won't be repeating the same episodes, just with new characters) :)  If it continues from where they left off, with the characters acting their ages and with all their past experiences in place, that could be wonderful.  It may be nostalgia, but it's more like running into old friends that you haven't seen for a long time and catching up with them.  OTOH, if they're still trying to be the same as they were 20 years ago I think it would be pretty annoying.  JMO.  

I can agree with both of these statements.  Original cast members returning can be fun from a nostalgic point of view.  I too am looking forward to Murphy Brown.  I haven't enjoyed Will and Grace so much this time around.  It seems like they're trying too hard to be funny, but that could just be me.  I think sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  

6 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I'm fine with SPN staying on Thursday--and announcing 3 final seasons for other shows tells us the CW will do the same for SPN...so hello season 15!

I'd prefer the later time slot, too.  I wonder who'll they'll put on after SPN next year?  As for season 15, I'm sure if next season is a total bust, they could pull the plug anyway, but it does seem that a 2-year contract was signed by all.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'd prefer the later time slot, too.  I wonder who'll they'll put on after SPN next year?  As for season 15, I'm sure if next season is a total bust, they could pull the plug anyway, but it does seem that a 2-year contract was signed by all.

If you mean this fall, I believe they said Legacies 'snagged' the post SPN timeslot??

8 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think there are 3 parts, starting here?

Apologies if that's where your link goes - weird things happens to embedded tweets/links on my work computer.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Jakes said:

As I said in my comment, it's the 8 pm slot that I have a problem with not the night, even though I think Wednesdays is better for it.  SPN is not an 8pm show IMO. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I can agree with both of these statements.  Original cast members returning can be fun from a nostalgic point of view.  I too am looking forward to Murphy Brown.  I haven't enjoyed Will and Grace so much this time around.  It seems like they're trying too hard to be funny, but that could just be me.  I think sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  

Did the J's and Misha sign 2 year contracts?  I haven't heard.

7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

As I said in my comment, it's the 8 pm slot that I have a problem with not the night, even though I think Wednesdays is better for it.  SPN is not an 8pm show IMO. 

I'm just happy they didn't push it off to anchor Sundays.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I honestly have no clue.  I just assumed that's what they normally do, but I could be completely wrong.

I'm glad we dodged the Sunday evening bullet, as well.  I don't think that would have worked too well.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I'm just happy they didn't push it off to anchor Sundays.

I know the J's have in the past.  Don't know about this time but since they seem to be hinting we'll get to 15, I suspect "yes".  Misha said at JIBCON he doesn't have a contract for S14 yet.

As for Wayward Sisters, there are basically 3 reasons for Pedowitz comments:
1) He's saving face by blaming creative, in the face of a large protest, rather than inability to close the deal w/ WBTV.
2) He wan't to de-age it and put Kathryn at the center -- that would kill it IMO.
3) He wants to gut the production costs so they can afford it and this is a negotiation technique.

Either way, he's an asshole for suggesting the show wasn't good enough when he put a 3rd generation teen-vamp story in it's place without even filming a pilot.

17 minutes ago, SueB said:

I know the J's have in the past.  Don't know about this time but since they seem to be hinting we'll get to 15, I suspect "yes".  Misha said at JIBCON he doesn't have a contract for S14 yet.

As for Wayward Sisters, there are basically 3 reasons for Pedowitz comments:
1) He's saving face by blaming creative, in the face of a large protest, rather than inability to close the deal w/ WBTV.
2) He wan't to de-age it and put Kathryn at the center -- that would kill it IMO.
3) He wants to gut the production costs so they can afford it and this is a negotiation technique.

Either way, he's an asshole for suggesting the show wasn't good enough when he put a 3rd generation teen-vamp story in it's place without even filming a pilot.

Yeah, I heard Misha say that...not to worry(not that you are!) since he wouldn't be at upfronts if he wasn't to be back--Tree Topper also said he signed last year later than this.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

I agree with you here. The first thing I thought about the Charmed reboot was that it was way too soon. The last episode only aired 10 years ago. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Even worse, in RMT it's on at 7 pm.  Waaaaay too early, for many reasons.  

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, SueB said:

MO  WS was divisive at best for this fandom. It was not universally loved.  This spinoff seems like it won't be divisive like WS was. I don't watch The Originals but it seems to me it was quite successful so it's got more of pedigree of success.  Maybe it will be a lot less to produce than WS.  Wasn't there an issue of WS being shot in LA vs VanCity?

Maybe that is part of the issue. Honestly, it's probably a lot of reasons why they opted out of WS. Didn't Kim Rhodes say on Twitter that it was mostly about money and deals?

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe that is part of the issue. Honestly, it's probably a lot of reasons why they opted out of WS. Didn't Kim Rhodes say on Twitter that it was mostly about money and deals?

I think it was Briana at JIB.  Im 100% sure because I missed her panel following the announcement, due to getting autos. 

I saw a tweet from someone

Edited by ILoveReading
23 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think it was Briana at JIB.  Im 100% sure because I missed her panel following the announcement, due to getting autos. 

I saw a tweet from someone

I remember that about Briana but I swear I saw Kim tweet a similar comment. I'll see if I can find it.

(edited)

I can't believe they went with a spinoff of the Originals with Characters no one cares about (seriously Hope Michaelson and Caroline's twins aren't exactly hugely popular).

Not to mention that The Originals isn't even a hit show, it barely made it to S5, was dumped to Friday night's and mid-season.

Not sure what the appeal is there, especially after WS backdoor pilot got good ratings and reception. Legacies didn't even have a pilot or backdoor pilot to judge it on and, nothing from this season of The Originals makes me want to watch a show about Hope.

Excuse me while I sit over here being bitter ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I wonder who is having more fun.  The big kid or the little one...

I would say it's probably pretty even.  Those storm troopers look like children next to Jared.  That's pretty funny.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I would say it's probably pretty even.  Those storm troopers look like children next to Jared.  That's pretty funny.

In other words  they're a little short for Storm Troopers? Or is Jared basically Chewbacca.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

In other words  they're a little short for Storm Troopers? Or is Jared basically Chewbacca.

LOLOL! Or AKA Meg's line to Dean in "Goodbye Stranger". Very clever!

• Love 5