Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

I want the J's to get script and director/writer, etc approval and to get a GOOD final film.  That way they can "kick it in the ass" in TRUE Supernatural fashion, something that would make the late Kim Manners proud, he always seemed to have the best vision for what the show could be at it's best.

If they made a choice to do a movie, I do wish they had someone of Manner's ability because he brought out the best in both of them. 

I love that they acknowledged the family aspect of SP fans.  Because yes we are like family especially on this site and I will miss this interaction the most.  But I do get the desire to move on.  I'm struggling with my Teacher career and it's time for it to end.  Next year is the plan for me to end.  But I also know that I need to look forward to something new.  I just don't have a clue what that might be.

So I hope that all involved in this show find something that they love.  That they can move on to new and better things.  And if it is time, with the right script they bring the show to the big screen with all the characters they want on board.

• Love 5

I’m surprised at how sad I am about this. It’s been time, I think, though I still overall enjoy the show. I’m really hoping hard the end is done right. And I know it flies in the face of Winchester but I want a happy ending, even if that means they are in heaven being happy. I’m off to read some of my favorite curtain fics now. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I got home from work and legit cried. 

Me too. I've only been around since mid S10, but it's been a super-concentrated four years. Even when I've hated it, I've been thinking about it. I will miss its presence in my life.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

So I still feel really sad about this.  Also hopeful, I hope Jensen is able to find some good projects after this because I'm excited to see his spread his wings(which you think playing an archangel would have let him do but not with the current group of writers and producers on Dabbnatural doing everything in their power to clip them). 

I’ll put money on Jensen at the very least guest starring on The Boys and Doom Patrol.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Me too. I've only been around since mid S10, but it's been a super-concentrated four years. Even when I've hated it, I've been thinking about it. I will miss its presence in my life.

I started with s9 live watching but binged the previous 8 in like 4 months before that when I was taking care of my mom before she passed away.  Dean is the character who prompted me to write my first fanfic....I think I'll write a few more now that it's ending. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I've mentioned many times that I thought it was best to end the show before these substandard writers and showrunner could completely march it into a sewer. It is sad though, and I can only hope and pray that the Js get to influence the end story. Because I have ZERO faith in Dabb to give the characters (and faithful fans) the ending they deserve.

He'd have them peter out to give us the everlasting glory of li'l sis Jack and Lucifer.

• Love 3

I’ve been watching since the pilot, albeit not so much in seasons 7-9, and I’ll be missing this show. Although it is impressive how long it’s lasted and that the last tv show of The WB won’t go out until 2020.

ETA: We also better get a happy ending. We were promised peace when they were done!

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, bettername2come said:

also better get a happy ending. We were promised peace when they were done

Peace for them could be death. Like actual forever death. And I would be okay with it.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Peace for them could be death. Like actual forever death. And I would be okay with it.

Moved to SPN Ending just to be safe.

Edited by ahrtee

It's pretty telling that of all the tweets of people associated with the show, and there are many, Dabb has only retweeted the announcement video and an article.  Nothing original coming from him, no congratulations, goodbyes, it's been nice, don't let the door hit you on the way out--nothing.  Piece of shit. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, bettername2come said:

I’ve been watching since the pilot, albeit not so much in seasons 7-9, and I’ll be missing this show. Although it is impressive how long it’s lasted and that the last tv show of The WB won’t go out until 2020.

ETA: We also better get a happy ending. We were promised peace when they were done!

I so do not want them to die at the end of the run! Maybe just drive off into the sunset! 

• Love 4

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum but not to Supernatural.  I have been watching it for 14 years and am so upset about the news but kinda knew it had to happen someday.  So here is my dilemna... I have never been to a convention as I have a really bad fear of flying but feel I would be missing out if I didn't go to one before it all ends so I'm sorting my passport and looking at dates BUT... I have no one to go with so would be travelling on my own.  Does anyone have any advice of best cities to go to?  How easy is it to get around? Is everyone friendly?  Are there meet ups or other people I could travel with? Sorry for all the questions.  Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction... Thank you, x

• Love 4

Welcome GabesAngel - have a hug, cos I’m as upset as you.  I’m hoping to get to Toronto, and while my nephew’s coming on the trip with me, I’ll be flying solo at the con, so I’m also hoping everyone’s friendly.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, trudysmom said:

It's pretty telling that of all the tweets of people associated with the show, and there are many, Dabb has only retweeted the announcement video and an article.  Nothing original coming from him, no congratulations, goodbyes, it's been nice, don't let the door hit you on the way out--nothing.  Piece of shit. 

He never said a word about the 300th either, nor did he attend the party. Your last sentence echoes my opinion of him. It kills me that he gets to ride Supernatural into the sunset. It's just not right.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, GabesAngel said:

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum but not to Supernatural.  I have been watching it for 14 years and am so upset about the news but kinda knew it had to happen someday.  So here is my dilemna... I have never been to a convention as I have a really bad fear of flying but feel I would be missing out if I didn't go to one before it all ends so I'm sorting my passport and looking at dates BUT... I have no one to go with so would be travelling on my own.  Does anyone have any advice of best cities to go to?  How easy is it to get around? Is everyone friendly?  Are there meet ups or other people I could travel with? Sorry for all the questions.  Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction... Thank you, x

You might try Amy's blog about convention tips. You can ask questions if you don't see the answers you need.

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/spncontips

I've never been to a con but from what I understand everyone is very nice, very friendly and it is a fantastic good time.

• Love 1

That was a good read.  And it's reading articles like this one that remind me of what I loved about this show, and how I really will miss it when it's gone.  Being a fan of this show has definitely been a unique experience that I won't soon forget.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ha! I heard this tweet. 😮

Holy cow, that that was one I didn't expect....(Dadumm...."No one expects Hell's Head Torturer!").  Those scenes between Dean and Alastair were definitely some of the best in the show, so dark and twisted.  (The way Jensen just showed Dean "break" yet didn't say a word and barely moved a muscle when Alastair told him about the seal, wow wow wow)

• Love 11
13 hours ago, trudysmom said:

He and Singer gave a message praising everyone involved with the show and J2M by name.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So... everything from season 4 onwards was just one long elaborate dream created by Alastair and Dean never actually got out of Hell? Works for me.

THANK YOU, Christopher Heyerdahl!

• Love 11
16 hours ago, GabesAngel said:

As mentioned above, Amy’s blog is the best.  

That said, regarding cities;

Vegas: a lot of walking - you usually get Jensen signing at the Saturday Night Special but it’s a wild ride in the midst of a circus of other activity — I wouldn’t pick this as my first con

Vancouver: you can stay extra days and visit familiar locations - some parts more expensive due to large attendance 

DC - expensive 

Burbank - LA traffic 

Those are the ones I’d avoid   Everything else, I’d look at ticket price and best seating available.

I would have suggested Minnesota but last year was last time for that city.  

Personally I think a Gold package guarantees a good time - depends on your pocketbook.   

• Love 3
9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think everyone heard that tweet! LOL! Oh my, his voice is so distinctive. I do love how so many past actors, and even actors who were never on the show, have reached out to congratulate everyone on such a long-running achievement.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

Welcome GabesAngel - have a hug, cos I’m as upset as you.  I’m hoping to get to Toronto, and while my nephew’s coming on the trip with me, I’ll be flying solo at the con, so I’m also hoping everyone’s friendly.

Hi and thank you.  Not sure I will be able to save up enough for Toronto this year so I'm not going to commit to that one yet but it's one of the cities I was looking at going to.  Guessing you might be from the UK as well? I don't have anyone in my friend circle that likes Supernatural other than my o/h and we can't afford for both of us to travel.  Have you been to a con before?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

You might try Amy's blog about convention tips. You can ask questions if you don't see the answers you need.

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/spncontips

I've never been to a con but from what I understand everyone is very nice, very friendly and it is a fantastic good time.

Hello, thanks for this.  That has helped my get my head round the scheduling as always wondered how I would do everything I wanted to do without missing anything!  It's once in a lifetime so want to get everything on my bucket list done! 🙂

• Love 1
23 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

I've been to a couple of cons solo and have never been lonely.  Lots of people will chat with you and welcome you.  If you have facebook you can join the Toronto Con group and find others who might be solo.

Ive been to Toronto Con twice both times it was an amazing experience. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SueB said:

As mentioned above, Amy’s blog is the best.  

That said, regarding cities;

Vegas: a lot of walking - you usually get Jensen signing at the Saturday Night Special but it’s a wild ride in the midst of a circus of other activity — I wouldn’t pick this as my first con

Vancouver: you can stay extra days and visit familiar locations - some parts more expensive due to large attendance 

DC - expensive 

Burbank - LA traffic 

Those are the ones I’d avoid   Everything else, I’d look at ticket price and best seating available.

I would have suggested Minnesota but last year was last time for that city.  

Personally I think a Gold package guarantees a good time - depends on your pocketbook.   

Oh wow!  That's super helpful, thank you 🙂  The cities I was looking into are Toronto, Vancouver and Nashville.  Obviously I'm a bit late for some of these this year so keeping an eye on the calendar.  Would love to try for Gold but also want to do some of the extras like the bus tour especially as it would be my first time in any of these cities (and has nothing to do with Rich doing some of the tours... promise, lol! )  Thanks again, x

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, GabesAngel said:

Oh wow!  That's super helpful, thank you 🙂  The cities I was looking into are Toronto, Vancouver and Nashville.  Obviously I'm a bit late for some of these this year so keeping an eye on the calendar.  Would love to try for Gold but also want to do some of the extras like the bus tour especially as it would be my first time in any of these cities (and has nothing to do with Rich doing some of the tours... promise, lol! )  Thanks again, x

Welcome.

Toronto is usually one of the smaller cons so the extras, like meet and greets aren't usually as expensive as Chicago, Vancouver or Vegas. 

The hotel is right down town and there are a restaurants within walking distance and the subway system is very easy to use.

if you have some extra time, Major tourist attractions like the aquarium,  Roger's Center and the CN tower are within walking distance.  If your looking for something off the beaten path its fairly cheap ($9 a couple of year ago) take the ferry over to Toronto Island and spend the day walking around.  There is just something about the place that makes you feel really peaceful and calm.  I can't explain it but I love it there.  The ferry ride back is free, so its an inexpensive way to spend the day.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GabesAngel said:

Hi and thank you.  Not sure I will be able to save up enough for Toronto this year so I'm not going to commit to that one yet but it's one of the cities I was looking at going to.  Guessing you might be from the UK as well? I don't have anyone in my friend circle that likes Supernatural other than my o/h and we can't afford for both of us to travel.  Have you been to a con before?

Yep, first con and from Northern Ireland.

11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

No dish, it was just a nice tweet. 

Sorry, I meant dish, dish as in what did it say?  I tried to find it, but alas my twitter skills aren't that sophisticated.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GabesAngel said:

Your likely to get the best seats if you go to the creation entertainment website, sign up for their newsletter, and definitely keep an eye on when tickets go on sale.  Looking at Toronto & Vancouver for 2019 its getting skimpy.  Nashville, OTOH, JUST happened, so they haven't even opened ticket sales.  In other words, be a vulture to get the best seat.   

3 hours ago, Cambion said:

Sorry, I meant dish, dish as in what did it say?  I tried to find it, but alas my twitter skills aren't that sophisticated.

Actually, now that I look at it, it was actually a reply to Jared's tweet. Still very nice.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Cambion said:

Dish! Dish!

I don't know how to link to twitter but it was basically a thank you and kudos "my man" for this awesome run.

And yeah, what he said...😉

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

There really is no difference between real Mary and a mannequin.

ETA:  I take that back, a mannequin is probably warmer.

Can we hope the need for this crash test dummy means a fiery end for her?

• Love 5