Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Here is the youtube version.

OMG Jensen's giggling just gives me life. They need to bottle that. Poor David Haydn-Jones...I don't know how he kept a straight face. That was too funny. 

And Jensen just casually rubbing a knife on his jawline. LOL WTF?

Edited by catrox14

Looks like Jared is not happy with "Favor".  I'm assuming they're a food delivery service and apparently they didn't get their delivery.  He's calling for one of their employees to be fired.  I really wish he could learn to let some of this go and not go after people in such a public way.  Again, calling management would be sufficient, and naming people on Twitter is just bad form, IMO.

• Love 8

I actually don't think Jared did anything wrong? I mean yes he's a celebrity, but that doesn't mean he is not entitled to voice complaints about customer service like everyone else. And I know I've gotten pretty irritated when I've ordered food only for it to never be delivered. 

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I love his top! 

#vainobservation

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

I actually don't think Jared did anything wrong? I mean yes he's a celebrity, but that doesn't mean he is not entitled to voice complaints about customer service like everyone else. And I know I've gotten pretty irritated when I've ordered food only for it to never be delivered. 

YMMV but what I think he did wrong was that he called out a specific service employee on a public platform (Twitter, where he has a lot of followers), demanded the employee be fired, and IIRC then even compared the employee to people who had literally, physically beaten up a customer (at United). Publicly humiliating someone and calling for them to lose their job is a very big deal. Way out of line to do that over a dinner snafu IMO. I think that an appropriate response would have been for him to just call or email the business and lodge a complaint. IMO these temper tantrums come off as petulant, but more importantly, I just feel awful for the employees who could lose (or have lost) their livelihoods as a consequence one of them.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, rue721 said:

YMMV but what I think he did wrong was that he called out a specific service employee on a public platform (Twitter, where he has a lot of followers), demanded the employee be fired, and IIRC then even compared the employee to people who had literally, physically beaten up a customer (at United). Publicly humiliating someone and calling for them to lose their job is a very big deal. Way out of line to do that over a dinner snafu IMO. I think that an appropriate response would have been for him to just call or email the business and lodge a complaint. IMO these temper tantrums come off as petulant, but more importantly, I just feel awful for the employees who could lose (or have lost) their livelihoods as a consequence one of them.

Yeah, I get where you are coming from :) . The only thing I will say is that I can relate to the frustration Jared must have felt. Especially when the food order was for young kids who were likely beginning to misbehave and show signs of impatience the longer the wait went on.

In regards to that particular employer all I will say is we don't know how they interacted with Jared (or do we? If it was online could someone maybe provide a link so I can see for myself). When he was in contact with them was the employee rude? Where they dismissive and obnoxious? I personally have had mixed experience with company's support workers. Some have been the nicest and most helpful people I've ever talked to. Others have been condescending and rude and I certainly would have said they deserved some sort of disciplinary action if asked. 

I guess I'm just saying I'm wary of judging Jared too harshly for his outburst when we don't know the full story. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Yeah, I get where you are coming from :) . The only thing I will say is that I can relate to the frustration Jared must have felt. Especially when the food order was for young kids who were likely beginning to misbehave and show signs of impatience the longer the food went on. In regards to that particular employer all I will say is we don't know how they interacted with Jared (or do we? If it was online could someone maybe provide a link so I can see for myself. When he was in contact with them was the employee rude? Where they rude and obnoxious? 

I guess I'm just saying I'm wary of judging Jared too harshly for his outburst when we don't know the full story. 

I'd be wary of judging him it if it wasn't the first time, but this is a common-place occurrence with Jared. Seems he's perpetually in a dust up with some company over something that he takes to social media--which would be fine if he just mentioned he got crappy service from such and such place, don't go there, etc.. But, he specifically names individuals who now are targets of a very loud and crazy fandom. IMO, it's a recipe for madness to erupt on this person when the disagreement should be kept between Jared and the employee and/or business.

So, yeah, I wish he would find a better way to handle his disagreements with customer service. Not only does he just come off as petulant, but as a public figure, I think Jared holds a greater responsibility with his use of social media.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 9

But here's the thing about this for me. 

The last time he did this on Twitter, the person he named ended up being threatened, I believe. And yes, companies are paying attention to social media, but you can be respectful in voicing your complaint, without perhaps, comparing your having to wait for your dinner in what I assume is a pretty nice house with what I would also imagine is a full fridge/pantry to a passenger who was dragged off an airline and ended up concussed and bloody.

• Love 6

I have no issue with Jared expressing his displeasure at poor customer service.  I've done it myself.  I will usually at least offer management an opportunity to correct the problem, however, and if they don't or won't, then I simply don't go there anymore.  Sometimes, shit just happens and it's a one-off situation.  I didn't get the impression from Jared's tweet that this was a recurring issue for this company.  I think calling for someone to lose their job is over-the-top and comes off very much as a "do you know who I am?" sort of thing.  And involving his fan base in the issue is just wrong.  Again, IMO.

• Love 3

I know social media is used like this to complain about customer service all the time but frankly as a celebrity, I would give it a wide berth because it has the potential to backfire so hard. Imagine tweeting that you wish the employee would be fired because your food didn`t arrive. And then it turns out that was because said employee was in a big car accident and is now in the hospital. A random person does that and pretty much nothing will happen. A celebrity does that, the media gets a hold of it and runs with the story in a certain way and they can make you look like Emperor Palpatine.   

1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

But, he specifically names individuals who now are targets of a very loud and crazy fandom. IMO, it's a recipe for madness to erupt on this person when the disagreement should be kept between Jared and the employee and/or business.

I mean, honestly, I have an issue not only with the public humiliation and torches-and-pitchforks aspects of it, which IMO are awful, I also have an issue just with Jared calling for people to get fired. He was inconvenienced, so now he's going to wreck someone's life over it? I think he's just an out-of-touch hothead and not actually a bad guy, but it really isn't cool in any case IMO.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I was just coming here to post that.  LOL

I think people order them to say what they want to say and I like to think Robbie requested that.

OH! Now I feel stupid! I thought it was Jared and Genevieve's way of making some money for charity off the never ending fandom debate about the spelling of Cas' name. 

- Goes and hides red faced in the corner- 

Edited by Wayward Son
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

OH! Now I feel stupid! I thought it was Jared and Genevieve's way of making some money off the never ending fandom debate about the spelling of Cas' name. 

- Goes and hides red faced in the corner- 

Oh don't be embarrassed. I only figured it out when I made the mistake of clicking on the link to the popsuki website. They have a place to put the text you want to see on it. But thinking more I wonder if this was really Robbie photo shopping it. Either way it made me laugh

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Why?

Because that's the way it was officially written from the beginning. I always default to the way it's spelled on the "birth certificate", myself.

Edited by DittyDotDot
17 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Because that's the way it was officially written from the beginning. I always default to the way it's spelled on the "birth certificate", myself.

Oh right you mean on the script?

Now that I think about that, wasn't it said that did that because they thought the actors would be too stupid to figure out that Cas would be pronounced Cas like in Castiel so they added the extra S?

If it's from Castiel's birth certificate, shouldn't it only ever be Castiel? But if it's gonna get shortened then it shouldn't it  just be Cas?

I'll die on the hill over this LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

If it's from Castiel's birth certificate, shouldn't it only ever be Castiel? But if it's gonna get shortened then it shouldn't it  just be Cas?

Nicknames don't always make sense. I mean, how is Dick a nickname for Richard? And, there's no B in William, but it gets shortened to Bill, anyway.

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Now that I think about that, wasn't it said that did that because they thought the actors would be too stupid to figure out that Cas would be pronounced Cas like in Castiel so they added the extra S?

I've never heard that. But, wouldn't Cas be pronounced exactly the same as Cass? Plus, they'd already given him the name of Castiel first, so I find it hard to believe the writers didn't think the actors could figure it out. But, hey, you never know.

1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

Nicknames don't always make sense. I mean, how is Dick a nickname for Richard? And, there's no B in William, but it gets shortened to Bill, anyway.

I've never heard that. But, wouldn't Cas be pronounced exactly the same as Cass? Plus, they'd already given him the name of Castiel first, so I find it hard to believe the writers didn't think the actors could figure it out. But, hey, you never know.

I'll have to find where I read that, but I think they did it because they thought someone was worried that Cas would be pronounced like CAZ or CAHS instead of Cas so they went with Cass.

I get what you mean about nicknames, but Dick is still pronounced Dick and spelled Dick even if it's derivative of Richard.

7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I get what you mean about nicknames, but Dick is still pronounced Dick and spelled Dick even if it's derivative of Richard.

But if your logic is that Castiel must be Cas because there's only one S in Castiel, then how is it that Richard can be Dick? I mean there's no K and the C, I and D are in completely different order. I guess I don't get the logic of that argument.

However, it doesn't matter because even Misha thinks it should be Cass, so... ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
3 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

However, it doesn't matter because even Misha thinks it should be Cass, so... ;)

Meh, Misha is a troll too. LOL

I'm just saying that It should be Cas...the end. For ALL THE REASONS. 

Fun fact. :

Jensen played the BFF/lover to a character named Cass who were both lovers/friends with Marilyn Monroe in the movie Blonde . I think it's hilarious that Jensen has played two characters who are BFFs with characters named Cass/Cas(s)

Official Judges (more TBA)
-Peng Zhang, Action Designer (Kick-Ass, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World)
-Jensen Ackles, star of locally-shot hit TV series, Supernatural
-James «Bam Bam» Bamford, fight choreographer and director for Arrow.
-Melissa Stubbs, stunt coordinator for The X-Files and Zoo.
-Larry Lam, stunt coordinator for Power Rangers and Altered Carbon.
-Lauro Chartrand, director of Born to Raise Hell, stunt coordinator for the recent Prison Break sequel mini-series.
-Enrnest Jackson, stunt coordinator for iZombie and Beyond.

http://vancouver.carpediem.cd/events/2716262-film-fu-fight-fest-2017-at-the-rio-theatre/

• Love 2

God, his voice is mesmerizing. And combined with his looks? Thanks to this, I HAVE become like water, Mr. Ackles-a puddle of it on the floor. ;-)

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

God, his voice is mesmerizing. And combined with his looks? Thanks to this, I HAVE become like water, Mr. Ackles-a puddle of it on the floor. ;-)

LOL.Right? And it was like 10 seconds of him speaking! WTH?

• Love 2

He's So Beautiful it hurts there. And the Bruce Lee quote in that voice of his that, yes, IS as smooth as dark chocolate(thanks Todd Farmer, I think), did me in for this day. :-D

Off to watch and listen one more time...

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I could listen to him read the phone book

• Love 4