Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 2/26/2017 at 8:28 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Also - I do like Kelli Q and she is so talented, but she looks like they're mom out there. I'd guess she was 38, not 28. Not that I mind an age range, and she's keeping up, but she looks my age, not a decade younger. 

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. She's cute..but she just looks..mature.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:51 PM, Oranaiche said:

Olivia wasn't the only rookie to make show group that year. Stephanie and Kaitlin Legrand both made it as well. If you watch the show group audition (season 5 episode 5), you can see them all up there as the camera pans across the final group. Olivia was just featured as the only rookie who was picked to perform at a certain show group performance. All of the rookies are considered alternates so they don't all get to perform at every event.

Thanks for the clarification.  Season 5 is a blur to me because it isn't one of the more exciting seasons

On 27.2.2017 at 3:43 PM, dreamcatcher said:

I SO agree to this. But I really want to ask if everyone here thinks that Victoria is that good because honestly, I don't think she's all that. Obviously she is talented but I have an issue with her arms. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but in every video I've seen of her dancing, it's almost like every movement of her arms is awkward, while the rest of her body is just fine. Maybe it's just me though so I don't know.

Up until now I dont really like her for some reason, I can't put my finger on it though... I dont find her all that pretty (but that's just may taste, she's definitely not ugly!) and I don't really like her style of dancing and I really don't like how she seems to feel like a shoe in for the DCC. She posts a lot of pictures with current DCC or mentiones them in posts and stuff like that and she posts so much about when she will be a DCC... I don't know, I just don't like her, she seems really full of herself or arrogant or something (to me! I respect that most people don't feel that way). BUT if she does audition and make the team, I might change my opinion, I really don't know that much about her.

• Love 3

She is probably going to be that featured girl in auditions like Mandy who does the turns and CMT slow motions it down with sparkles or some crap and she gives us the my mom was a DCC jargon, a la Meredith circa 2007. Lol 

On 4/3/2017 at 10:29 AM, Preity said:

Up until now I dont really like her for some reason, I can't put my finger on it though... I dont find her all that pretty (but that's just may taste, she's definitely not ugly!) and I don't really like her style of dancing and I really don't like how she seems to feel like a shoe in for the DCC. She posts a lot of pictures with current DCC or mentiones them in posts and stuff like that and she posts so much about when she will be a DCC... I don't know, I just don't like her, she seems really full of herself or arrogant or something (to me! I respect that most people don't feel that way). BUT if she does audition and make the team, I might change my opinion, I really don't know that much about her.

I agree tbh! And I think she really is more lyrical like another poster said. I can see her becoming a good contemporary dancer, but she definitely isn't that great in DCC style. And I don't know, I don't think it's her age because we had others at 18 outdancing the older cheerleaders. 

She is probably going to be that featured girl in auditions like Mandy who does the turns and CMT slow motions it down with sparkles or some crap and she gives us the my mom was a DCC jargon, a la Meredith circa 2007. Lol 

When Victoria eventually auditions, the producers are going to beat us over the head with her. They will ask about being legacy. They will interview Tina. They will ask for photos and videos. They will prompt her to talk about her mom during her talking heads. Whatever comments she makes about her mom will be edited and repeated over and over and it will seem like she's always talking about being a legacy, even if she isn't. That's how this show rolls. I can just see the photo montage now. Tina in uniform. Tina and Kelli on the field. Toddler Victoria posing with the DCC. 7 year old Victoria in her Jr. DCC outfit.  Victoria with Holly and Jenna. Victoria beaming in a room full of dance competition photos. I'll try to remember that none of that will be Victoria's doing, that she'll be too young to say that she'd rather not be slanted that way, and that the producers will have enough footage to spin it however they want. Entitled little princess? Or hard-working legacy who understands nothing will be handed to her and will bust her butt to make it on her own merit? Unless she is particularly telegenic, they are going to make it very hard for her to be likable. A lot of people will have already made up their minds that she doesn't deserve it.

So far, based on what I've seen on social media, she's a sweet girl. Talented dancer. Not stuck on herself. Preparing far in advance for a lifelong goal. Good for her.

• Love 4

Victoria is long, lean, and pretty. She also has great technique and seems to be working very hard. I think she would make a good DCC in a few years. I'm looking forward to seeing her audition.

• Love 3

Unpopular opinions: I did not care for Kathryn Dunn in Season 4 and 8. Why was she brought into TC in the first place. She could not dance and her over the top crying drives me crazy.

Here is one thing that does me more crazy. The way the girls act or say things in certain situation. I think I remember reading somewhere CMT wants the girls to act a certain way when it comes to certain scenes. For example, Kaime coming into TC. Talk about over the top. Now girls we are getting ready to make show history here because we are bringing back a girl who would have made it into TC if the two sisters did not make it. Now get really excited when her name is announced and run to her screaming and clapping and don't forget to smile and act really excited. Judy and Kelli smile and pretend you are really happy she is here.

"Oh, I cannot believe I am in the calendar!" I never thought I would be in the calendar!" "Oh, I cannot believe I am a DCC!" "I never thought I would be a DCC!" Holding her cameo picture and points to it: "This is not a DCC!" Points to herself: "This is a DCC!" "This is my favorite event to perform at!" "I cannot believe it I am dancing at my first home game. This is my favorite moment!"

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Unpopular opinions: I did not care for Kathryn Dunn in Season 4 and 8. Why was she brought into TC in the first place. She could not dance and her over the top crying drives me crazy.

Amen, sister.

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I did not care for Kathryn Dunn in Season 4 and 8. Why was she brought into TC in the first place. She could not dance and her over the top crying drives me crazy.

Something tells me this is VERRRRRRY popular! :)

• Love 3

I agree with some other commenters that Victoria doesn't quite have the DCC style down yet- I think she needs to sharpen up her moves a bit, she's a bit too flowy right now for power pom.  Clearly a very talented technical dancer though, and I think she can get there.

I really hope the producers have learned from the Cassie Trammel travesty and aren't going to push the "she's a legacy!" too much, especially since Tina Kalina isn't that well known of a former DCC.  She appeared on one episode.  It'd be a different story if Sam Finglass auditions.  (Or Kitty's daughters, if she has any...)

• Love 1

Maybe they saw the fallout from the constant reminders of Judy and Cassie on the show made them step back and decided not to focus on the fact Miss Kitty's daughter-in-law was trying out and made the team.

16 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

With that said, I'm surprised they didn't play up the fact that Olivia was kitty's daughter in law. 

Well that was by marriage and Olivia hadn't grown up surrounded by DCC since birth. Cassie was very well known amongst the Cowboys organization, so it'd have been weird if the Cassie/Judy connection wasn't acknowledged. I understand them not showcasing the Kitty/Olivia connection because it was simply different circumstances. They could have also requested it not be highlighted.

That being said, I loved Olivia and Cassie as DCCs. 

• Love 3

I like Kathryn one on one. When she's comfortable around you and her real, honest, genuine, and (believe it or not) genius side comes out. I understand her having a "camera" persona, but sometimes when she's around certain people she can be a little snobby. 

Figured this was unpopular since a few of you may or may have not met her :/.

• Love 5
On 3/11/2017 at 0:09 PM, woodscommaelle said:

I loathe pinky rings ?.

(No offense to anyone who wears one; I wear a thumb ring...I'm sure those are loathed by some ?).

Lol I only like pinky rings if they're cute and small. I feel the same about thumb rings.

• Love 2
On 3/11/2017 at 0:09 PM, woodscommaelle said:

I loathe pinky rings ?.

Same, not because I think they're ugly, but because I've never found one that fits me properly & they always fall off!

Possible unpopular opinions: I cannot stand Seasons 7,8 and 9. Yes, they did go past the first home game in Season 7, but to me, it was the same ole, same ole rinse, lather, repeat. I did like the scene with Jackie Bob and Collin at work. I would rather of seen how the girls handed the "pressure" of being a DCC and their off field life instead of veterans going out on appearances, going bowling and meeting returning military veterans and signing autographs, and lets not forget the ole standby of the calendar shoot happened after the new squad was announced. Were they desperate to sell calendars that year. Plus the constant repeating of the same thing over and over again of things said in past seasons by everyone on the show. In my opinion, Season 7 went past the first pre-season game because it was a certain do not speak of unmentionable veteran last season on the squad who got her own wedding special after her last time on the show. Sorry for saying it, but I think it played a big part in the extended season.

Also I think the quality of the squad went down after Season 5. There are definitely standout girls in Seasons 6-11, but I think the girls in Season 1-5 were better. I would rather see a small squad than bring in girls who are only brought in because judges or fans may or may not like her, she is pretty, but she cannot dance worth a darn, or may or may not bring in ratings and drama for the show.

Nice article about Kitty in the Dallas Observer...popped into my Facebook feed. Good job, targeted marketing!

This quote from Kitty made me laugh out loud. "I always say to put on a thong and bra and shake in front of the mirror. And anything that shakes, get rid of it,” Carter tells the class about being fit for auditions. 

This is interesting too: "In 1977, the Cowboys cheerleaders began gaining national attention. “When they came to us and said we were going to have to be on TV and needed to lose 10 pounds, I was out of there,” Carter says, laughing. “I wasn’t willing to do that. I knew I didn’t have a dancer’s body, but I didn't care. I was very talented from the knees up.""

http://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/cowboys-cheerleader-trainer-kitty-carter-dishes-out-criticism-for-a-living-and-shes-not-sorry-9272552

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Nice article about Kitty in the Dallas Observer...popped into my Facebook feed. Good job, targeted marketing!

This quote from Kitty made me laugh out loud. "I always say to put on a thong and bra and shake in front of the mirror. And anything that shakes, get rid of it,” Carter tells the class about being fit for auditions. 

This is interesting too: "In 1977, the Cowboys cheerleaders began gaining national attention. “When they came to us and said we were going to have to be on TV and needed to lose 10 pounds, I was out of there,” Carter says, laughing. “I wasn’t willing to do that. I knew I didn’t have a dancer’s body, but I didn't care. I was very talented from the knees up.""

http://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/cowboys-cheerleader-trainer-kitty-carter-dishes-out-criticism-for-a-living-and-shes-not-sorry-9272552

You beat me to the punch, @Kalibean.  It popped up on my Facebook as well so of course I hopped on here to post it.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, McGee43 said:

You beat me to the punch, @Kalibean.  It popped up on my Facebook as well so of course I hopped on here to post it.

I was sitting at a repair shop, waiting to have my battery replaced. LOTS of time on my hands to constantly refresh Facebook for fresh content ? I need to get a new book since the one I'm reading isn't holding my interest. 

I assume Kitty is cool with shaking tatas. Jiggling in the good place! And just the one place. 

• Love 2

Season 6 is my least favorite season of all the seasons. I feel like the squad just completely changed between season 5's squad and season 6's squad and there haven't been similar squads since. Even though we had Holly and Mackenzie from that year, it was just sort of meh. Then 5 were cut the next season to make room for season 7's pretty rockstar class. I always attributed some of that with the new stadium and the big board. That alone changed the type of cheerleader they were willing to take. I still think the best rookie class was season 3's class, with season 7 as a close second. 

54 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Season 6 is my least favorite season of all the seasons. I feel like the squad just completely changed between season 5's squad and season 6's squad and there haven't been similar squads since. Even though we had Holly and Mackenzie from that year, it was just sort of meh. Then 5 were cut the next season to make room for season 7's pretty rockstar class. I always attributed some of that with the new stadium and the big board. That alone changed the type of cheerleader they were willing to take. I still think the best rookie class was season 3's class, with season 7 as a close second. 

I think I dislike season 6 and 8 equally, but I agree with a lot of this. I definitely think the new stadium changed the game in terms of team selection. Also, there were so many rookie candidates in season 6, but they barely focused at all on most of them, which made the season worse because many of the girls seemed to blend together looks wise. It also seemed like the Karissa and Taylor show for the most part, and I wasn't a fan of either of them. I dislike season 8 for similar reasons - too much focus on a few girls (ahem...Morgan). At least in season 6 though, there were a lot of rookie candidates. Season 8 seemed like a smaller rookie class, so I don't know what the reason was for not featuring more girls. 

• Love 1

Season 6 had 17 rookies and Season 7 had 19 rookies which made up half the squad. For me, I think they made a mistake in Season 7 when they went from 34 girls to 39 girls. Yes, there were some standout girls aka Kinzie, Carisa, Jennifer, Olivia and a few others I cannot remember, but there were a few who blended or may not have brought in if five one year vets and five more spots were not opened. I think Teri, Kali, Kim, Jasmine, Chelsea, Emily?and Collin would not have made the team if the ten extra spots were not opened. I do not understand the need to bring in girls who have dance performance problems or only made the team because of male and/or fan appeal, and the next year if they decide to try out again, they are cut because they did not improve, gained weight or do something else to piss off Kelli, Charlotte and Judy. I also wonder how many of the same girls would have made it into TC or made the squad if it was not for a popular television show, and the feedback from fans and viewers. Personally I would rather see a squad of 34-36 girls instead of 39 or more.

And yes, I do not understand the focus on Karissa and Taylor. I still do not understand the appeal of Kalli F. from Season 1 and 6. Her makeup and long hair aged her. I thought she looked a lot better the first time she tried out.

28 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Season 6 had 17 rookies and Season 7 had 19 rookies which made up half the squad. For me, I think they made a mistake in Season 7 when they went from 34 girls to 39 girls. Yes, there were some standout girls aka Kinzie, Carisa, Jennifer, Olivia and a few others I cannot remember, but there were a few who blended or may not have brought in if five one year vets and five more spots were not opened. I think Teri, Kali, Kim, Jasmine, Chelsea, Emily?and Collin would not have made the team if the ten extra spots were not opened. 

What do you mean regarding the ten extra spots being "opened"? Are you referring to the 5 one year vets who were cut, and then K&J's decision to take extra girls? I may be misremembering season 7, but the plan was to take 36(?) because thats how many lockers are in the locker room, and they just decided to not cut anyone else and take the remaining TCCs right? It didn't seem like they decided in advance to have 39 (or were prohibited from cutting anyone else), although its possible that they just edited it to make it seem that way. As for the 5 were who didn't make it back (if that is what the reference is to), I don't really consider their spots being "opened" for Chelsea, Kali, Teri, etc (though I agree that some of them - Emily, Teri, Chelsea - were weaker dancers). They were all at the same tryouts in front of the same judges, and the returning 5 vets just got beat out in the scores. 

Season 6 had 34 girls. Nine girls retired or left, so it brings the total number to 25 vets trying out again. Five one vets were cut at finals for weight and being boring via not bringing her A+ game to finals. 34 vets minus nine girls who left, five vets cut at finals equals 20 vets making it back to TC. This leaves fourteen opportunity spots in case Kelli keeps it down to 34 girls for the squad. Season 7 Kelli decides she likes her TC candidates, so the number of girls who made the team to 39. If she kept the team down to 34 girls it would have made at least fourteen new girls instead of nineteen new girls. I do remember Kelli saying there were 37 lockers for a team of 39 girls. I would love to know which girls would have gotten the axe during TC if 25 vets were brought into TC with no vet cuts, and Kelli went with 34 girls (ten less rookies making the team because five more vets and five less rookies than the total of 39 who were chosen.) Chelsea, Teri, Kim, Emily, Jasmine, Kali and Collin, in my opinion, probably would not have made the team.

In season 7 if they had taken 36 instead of 39 they would have cut Kim, Teri, and Emily. Of those three only Kim was a 2nd year vet (Teri did not make it back and Emily did not reaudition). If those three had been cut the squad would have been just fine. I like those three, they seemed like sweet girls. I just didn't understand the need to take 39 if they thought they would be a risk. 

Also I think they wanted 36 for season 6 but just didn't have the talent to get there. If half the rookies from season 7 had auditioned a year earlier, I'm sure the team would have been totally different and they would've gotten to 36. 

I am having a hard time believing Vivian had no clue her Tin Man solo would not go over big with Miss Kitty. I think she did it because she knew her family and friends were going to get in TC by the Fan Vote. I bet dollars to donuts she knew she was winning. To be honest about it, I do not think the solo Miss Kitty helped her with for finals was all that great, and it made her look short and stocky.

And here is a video of the Hip Hop Halftime Performance on 1/15/17. It does not say World Class Performance to be because it looks like something a junior high/high school/college halftime performance would look like without the butt shaking and semi naughty outfits.

Wasn't it Ashley M who was told she barely made it to training camp during Season 7?  And then she went on to become a three year veteran and DCC Allstar.  I wonder where she fell in rankings.  She's one of my favorites.

Makes me remember Season 1 when Leah M and Tobie were on the field dancing near the end of training camp.  The rest of the squad was asked who was "field ready" and they said Leah.  And yet it was Tobie who became a 5 year veteran and a member of Show Group as a rookie.

You never can tell.

9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wasn't it Ashley M who was told she barely made it to training camp during Season 7?  And then she went on to become a three year veteran and DCC Allstar.  I wonder where she fell in rankings.  She's one of my favorites.

Makes me remember Season 1 when Leah M and Tobie were on the field dancing near the end of training camp.  The rest of the squad was asked who was "field ready" and they said Leah.  And yet it was Tobie who became a 5 year veteran and a member of Show Group as a rookie.

You never can tell.

She was called into the office and was told to dance more sexy or have more sex appeal (something like that). She improved at TC practice at Gilley's and seemed to get better after that.

Kelli said that Ashley barely made it into training camp during one of her interviews (talking heads, is that what they are called?) Gosh she was/is adorable. 

Edited by LaurelleJ