Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought it was the fictional town of Lanford,IL.

Although motor seminars are in Elgin and not DeKalb. (If you're a Roseanne fan you know what I mean).

The name of the town they lived in was Lanford but in one episode Elgin was a town for a motor seminar.

I had hoped that Megan Flaherty would have made it her third year trying.  If she was brought back as some marketing gimmick to boost ratings and they were never going to put her on the squad, then don't bring her into Training Camp.  Same with Amy from Rockford.  As much as she worked her little patootie off to get into Training Camp (and as much as I wanted her to make it at the end, since she changed my mind about her), I just felt that there was no way they were going to let her on the squad.  I felt that each thing they gave her to fix was yet another reason to keep her out of Training Camp and when they had no more reasons to keep her out of Training Camp, they had to come up with some BS reason to keep her off the squad.  I would have liked Amy, Kyndall and Sheridan to be on the squad instead of Yuko, Allie, and either Tasha or Khalyn.

The whole situation with Cassie is complicated.  I felt that she shouldn't have made it either her first or her last year and that, if she'd made another squad and gotten at least one year of experience at another location, then people (including myself) would have given her more credit because then there wouldn't be the whole "only made it because of her mom" thing.  I've heard too many people say that, had she been anyone else, the mistakes she made at her rookie year audition would have kept her from Training Camp and the team and there are other things.  I have to wonder at how many things she actually earned and how many were given to her because of her mom and I hate having to think that.  It rankles and I'm glad that Cassie has made her peace with it.

• Love 2

Since all of my unpopular opinions in my first post were negative, I'll go with a somewhat positive one. I've never thought Cassie being on the team was a big deal. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a Cassie fan (the Taylor incident really annoyed me), and I thought she was an average dancer at best, but I never got worked up about her making it. I doubt she's the only one who benefited from having connections, and at least with the DCCs, they don't have a set number of girls that they have to take, so I don't see this as a case where another girl lost out just because of her. Also, I was perfectly fine with Cassie making it her 5th year when she was injured, and it doesn't bother me that a girl who was new would not have made it under the same circumstances. It's a slippery slope, but I do think seniority should count for something if you been a good team member in the past. Her injury appeared to be the reason why her tryout was especially poor that year, and I think thats different than a girl coming back out of shape or just having a bad tryout for no apparent reason (ex: Jasmine). I felt the same way about Danielle and was glad that Kelli added her when she had a poor tryout after injuring her foot. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Since all of my unpopular opinions in my first post were negative, I'll go with a somewhat positive one. I've never thought Cassie being on the team was a big deal. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a Cassie fan (the Taylor incident really annoyed me), and I thought she was an average dancer at best, but I never got worked up about her making it. I doubt she's the only one who benefited from having connections, and at least with the DCCs, they don't have a set number of girls that they have to take, so I don't see this as a case where another girl lost out just because of her. Also, I was perfectly fine with Cassie making it her 5th year when she was injured, and it doesn't bother me that a girl who was new would not have made it under the same circumstances. It's a slippery slope, but I do think seniority should count for something if you been a good team member in the past. Her injury appeared to be the reason why her tryout was especially poor that year, and I think thats different than a girl coming back out of shape or just having a bad tryout for no apparent reason (ex: Jasmine). I felt the same way about Danielle and was glad that Kelli added her when she had a poor tryout after injuring her foot. 

I agree with a lot of this.  If Cassie had come in with an attitude of "I deserve this cause of my mom," then it would have been a different story.  But she was always the first to admit she wasn't a good dancer or that she had a hard time being sexy at the photo shoots.

And another unpopular opinion, but I do like Melissa as a mentor.  She has a way of explaining to the girls what they need to work on.  K&J just say "you're boring" without too much explanation.  There's a deleted scene where she tells Amy S that usually she has a sparkle that's missing during a dance routine.  I would take that over "you're boring" any day.

• Love 2

Cassie was iffy her first year, but I think it would have been a big pile of BS to not let her back on the squad for the 5th when she was injured on DCC time. Brooke had a big ass cast on for the group photo and could still be accommodated. At least with Danielle in her second year, Kelli said she wasn't just dinged for dance and they ultimately changed their minds anyway.

Busting up your jaw or leg during ill-advised bull riding sessions? No.  Ambassador risk as well documented throughout a rookie year? Sure. But if you're injured while dancing for the DCC, you can still put on your sparkles and do appearances. 

• Love 3

I really liked TCC Colby! Not that I think her style of dance was a good fit for the team and I agree with her not making it, but personality-wise she seemed very sweet and grateful for the opportunity and was super classy in how she handled pretty rude criticism from Kelli. Sure she had the weird hybrid London accent, but it couldn't have been easy to be a bit older in training camp with so many girls much younger than you, and I just thought she came across very positive and upbeat and nice! 

Also, no idea if this opinion is popular or unpopular since I haven't really seen anyone discuss her, but I really hope Royesha, who was highlighted in the auditions this season, comes back and eventually makes the team. I was like blown away by how pretty she was. And she managed to somehow be pretty, cute, sexy and adorable at the same time. That girl needs to be in a DCC uniform!

• Love 3

more unpopular opinions

1) i think caila was gorgeous and i miss her on the team

2) Jessica Marie is so underrated

3)Ashley Nicole did nothing for me. 

4) Everyone either loves or hates holly p. im indifferent, shes just there

5) i miss the power squad training sessions with jay

6) Kelli Quinn looks 40 years old.

7)  Veronica should have been featured more

8) i did not like alex hermes at all

9) kelsey bond was one of my faves

10) katy fink was one of the prettiest girls on the squad.

• Love 1

I don't care about Cassie one way or the other.  She was good enough to be there.  I didn't see a problem with her making it back for her 5th season.  She earned her place.  She was injured- that was why her day was off. 

Taylor was being immature.  I believe there was more to the story.  I believe it was plausible she would brag about not practicing.  I wanted to like her, but she bugged. 

I thought Abigail was pretty, but very young looking.  I wouldn't consider her beauty exceptional.  I wouldn't consider her a standout on the team in any way.  To me, she was just another DCC.  Emily Claire or Mackenzie Lee other DCCs were just as attractive.  And her wedding video thing- everyone loved it- but had it been done by someone like Sydney- I'm sure everyone would have said, oh how self-centered!  (I think it's okay to promote your wedding- it's your big day!)

Megan is just all-around annoying. 

I don't care about Auto Amy one way or the other either.  Doesn't matter to me if she would have made it or not.

I thought Brooke S. was average- never understood the appeal there. 

I really liked Kat

Katy Fink was the most underrated DCC

Edited by Elizabeth9
15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought it was the fictional town of Lanford,IL.

Although motor seminars are in Elgin and not DeKalb. (If you're a Roseanne fan you know what I mean).

I love Roseanne ... sorry slightly off topic but I know they had their struggles but I was always envious of that loving, crazy, close family and somehow the struggles seemed "so real".  Don't mean to romanticize their financial situation

• Love 1

Yeah not a fan of Megan as you guys know ... mostly because I don't see any improvement in her weight situation.  Maybe it's meds related ... I don't know but she should not be in uniform with all that jiggle

I also think Caila is totally gorgeous and honestly if they're ok with chubbalicious Megan, they should've let her back on.  Her dancing and performance skills are on point and she would have matured to a great vet

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lindsayz18 said:

6) Kelli Quinn looks 40 years old.

I didn't see the episode, but I think Kelli F said something about not understanding how they didn't notice her at previous tryouts.  I always thought that maybe it's because she's not very pretty and looks older than "grandma" Chandler (which really pissed me off, Chandler is cute and looks nothing like a grandma) and "80s aerobics dancer" Colby (which again pissed me off, Kelli seemed to not like her at all and wasn't classy enough to try to hide it).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lindsayz18 said:

10) katy fink was one of the prettiest girls on the squad.

This is referring to Katy Marie right who made it during season 6 (I hated when they used their middle names for a few years)? If so, I completely agree. I've always thought she was gorgeous. 

I also think Simone is one of the prettiest girls on the current squad. 

Others who I think are stunning but never seemed to get the Abigail, Kat Dunn, Kelsey (current DCC Kelsey) treatment are Mary, Nicole Bulcher, and Jessica Allison. Same with Jacie, who I just thought had a presence that many of the others lacked. 

Unpopular Opinion = Megan is one of my faves on the current squad.

I honestly think she may be the best overall dancer in the team. Maybe the most technical, also great at lyrical, Pom, etc. Doesn't showboat. Super long legs make everything look great, too. I also think she's one of the prettiest.

I'm not buying that she attacked and traumatized Kyndall, etc. either, and in no way did she have the power to keep her off the team.

There may be some truth to her not being so nice, mostly because whoever is in charge of media/photography has approved some extremely unflattering action shots of her.

Also - I agree Kelli Q looks 40, but I appreciate it. I don't mind having a bigger range of ages, as long as they are all on the same level of dance, fitness, etc. Kelli's abs make me weep, and she is an excellent dancer and performer. I hope she stays a while. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Here is my verrrrry UNpopular opinion, please -- no one have a meltdown. 

I think Ex-DCC Newly engaged Paige is a rather calculating social climber. I don't think that she was released from the squad, then started dating Jeff, moved in with him, and got engaged all in the year 2016. 

In other threads, posters wondered how they met. I wonder WHEN they met. I don't believe for a second they knew each other when they were in high school. They lived in different states. I see Paige likes to state she is from Chicago or rather West Dundee. Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!! It's all one small middle class suburb called Dundee. Close to the city of Elgin (not Chicago) which may sound familiar to anyone who saw the show Rosanne. The show took place there. 

Having lived in Chicago for 20 years, I can tell you that most people from the Chicago-land area simply say they're "from Chicago". If you name any other city, people will ask where it is, well, it's near Chicago. You can get downtown in less than an hour on any of the trains that feed in from the 'burbs. Most people in the burbs work downtown Chicago. So, if you lived or worked there, you can say you're a Chicagoan.

The show "Roseanne" took place in a fictional town called "Lanford", which was supposed to be Lansing, Illinois. Lansing is on the border of IL & IN and is a lower middle class area. Dundee is no where near Lansing, it's about an hour and a half northwest and is a much nicer area than Lansing. Trust me, I've been there.

I don't think Paige is a calculating social climber. I think she had gone through a tough divorce, being married so young and her husband deployed right away. I personally feel she met her now husband before he was ever a part of the Cowboys organization, which is why she wasn't immediately dismissed from the team when their relationship came to light. She obviously had to retire because either he or she would have to step down in order to continue the relationship. Obviously, NFL player makes a much better salary than a DCC. If she had been sneaking around, dating this guy and blatantly breaking the rules, I think she'd have been booted out of there faster than you can say "tonight's your last night".

Edited by SopranoKris
correct typos
  • Love 3

Yeah - Paige. I didn't like or dislike her. I don't know her, her ex, her fiance, etc. I have no dog in this hunt.

But.....with her first marriage, I thought it was really strange that she and her husband had been married for days, he was deploying and she was off to live somewhere else and be a DCC. Usually newlyweds are a little more enamored with each other? maybe they'd dated since they were 12 or whatever and weren't gushy. I don't know. 

We don't know why it ended so fast. Could be him, her, or a combo, but it ended. Divorce is usually not one sided in the blame department. Hope everybody is happier now.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Yeah - Paige. I didn't like or dislike her. I don't know her, her ex, her fiance, etc. I have no dog in this hunt.

But.....with her first marriage, I thought it was really strange that she and her husband had been married for days, he was deploying and she was off to live somewhere else and be a DCC. Usually newlyweds are a little more enamored with each other? maybe they'd dated since they were 12 or whatever and weren't gushy. I don't know. 

We don't know why it ended so fast. Could be him, her, or a combo, but it ended. Divorce is usually not one sided in the blame department. Hope everybody is happier now.

And he's in the military so a hero in my book ... although less lucrative and earning potential than a pro NFL player. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I didn't see the episode, but I think Kelli F said something about not understanding how they didn't notice her at previous tryouts.  I always thought that maybe it's because she's not very pretty and looks older than "grandma" Chandler (which really pissed me off, Chandler is cute and looks nothing like a grandma) and "80s aerobics dancer" Colby (which again pissed me off, Kelli seemed to not like her at all and wasn't classy enough to try to hide it).

I did not get either (not noticing Kelli Quinn before).  She was shown at auditions the past couple of years.  I am quite sure Kelli F. watches the show LOL.

• Love 1

ETA - I don't mind that the fan votes are just a marketing device. THey're a fun marketing device and I enjoy them. I also realize a fan vote is just allowing a girl who are already one of the better ones who made it through a few rounds of prelims, to make it into camp. Fan votes have never knocked amazingly awesome, top 38 deserving girls out of making the team. Fan votes, except for Loren, have always been borderline bubble girls, who leave around the time other borderline bubble girls leave. I hope they keep fan vote, because it's fun. Not deceptive or dishonest at all, just fun.

• Love 3

Adding on another unpopular opinion, I think Holly is a great performer but her expressions and over-confidence annoys the beep out of me.  I feel like she's trying too hard to be noticed and trying to scream (not say, scream) "look at me, I'm so great!!  I'm the best".

I love that, as a young woman, she has such bold confidence but sometimes a little goes a long way

3 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I think this is unpopular? But I *LOVED* the old pink polka dotted halftime uniforms and HATE the new ones. I know a lot of us dislike the new ones, but I've heard many say that they disliked the others more. I just thought they were PRESH. I remember them saying they had to use like, ten safety pins to hold everything in place in them though!

The old ones were the ones similar to Minnie Mouse dress right?  WHat do the new ones look like?

9 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I think this is unpopular? But I *LOVED* the old pink polka dotted halftime uniforms and HATE the new ones. 

I'm going to be really unpopular and say I like both uniforms :)

• Love 2

Apparently I need to say: do not come in here just to bash other posters, post your unpopular opinions about the participants on the show NOT each other, your opinions are just that, opinions and as such can be as positive or as negative as you want. AS PER USUAL if you fin another persons opinions grating, please feel very free to keep scrolling or just ignore them. 

PM with questions! 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I had hoped that Megan Flaherty would have made it her third year trying.  If she was brought back as some marketing gimmick to boost ratings and they were never going to put her on the squad, then don't bring her into Training Camp.  Same with Amy from Rockford.  As much as she worked her little patootie off to get into Training Camp (and as much as I wanted her to make it at the end, since she changed my mind about her), I just felt that there was no way they were going to let her on the squad.  I felt that each thing they gave her to fix was yet another reason to keep her out of Training Camp and when they had no more reasons to keep her out of Training Camp, they had to come up with some BS reason to keep her off the squad.  I would have liked Amy, Kyndall and Sheridan to be on the squad instead of Yuko, Allie, and either Tasha or Khalyn.

I think you maybe missed some of the comments that were made by Judy and Kelli about Megan.  Judy said that Megan always knocked it out of the park during auditions and had more technique and style each time she auditioned. It was in training camp the cracks showed.  Megan specifically had a memory problem.  As the show shows us, a dance is taught and the girls have to perform it right back. For someone who doesn’t have that skill set, you’re sunk.

If memory serves me, Amy had the same problem. But Kelli and Judy wouldn’t know that until training camp.  

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I think you maybe missed some of the comments that were made by Judy and Kelli about Megan.  Judy said that Megan always knocked it out of the park during auditions and had more technique and style each time she auditioned. It was in training camp the cracks showed.  Megan specifically had a memory problem.  As the show shows us, a dance is taught and the girls have to perform it right back. For someone who doesn’t have that skill set, you’re suck.

If memory serves me, Amy had the same problem. But Kelli and Judy wouldn’t know that until training camp.  

I saw feedback notes from her Dallas Stars coach during her time there and it said how amazing she was etc etc....but she had trouble with remembering routines.  Just the way it was. 

1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

I think they're both equally hideous.

How popular of you to say that :):):)

15 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

I saw feedback notes from her Dallas Stars coach during her time there and it said how amazing she was etc etc....but she had trouble with remembering routines.  Just the way it was. 

This is what I don't get, because you then have Morgan (who by the way I really liked) who made it despite her memory issues.  IMO Morgan was also very pretty, but (again IMO) no prettier than Meagan.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, ByTor said:

How popular of you to say that :):):)

This is what I don't get, because you then have Morgan (who by the way I really liked) who made it despite her memory issues.  IMO Morgan was also very pretty, but (again IMO) no prettier than Meagan.

yeah I liked morgan too - she was so friendly and responsive on social media even when I asked random questions like how she get dem abs!  bummer that she didn't make it back but with that memory, she probably shouldn't have made the team in the first place.  For some reason, it seemed like K really really liked her.  Not sure if it was because she had a kller body or ,...?  I read that Kitty liked her?  Not sure how she knew her

• Love 2
1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I read that Kitty liked her?  Not sure how she knew her

Wasn't there a rumor (or maybe it was truth) that Morgan is related to Kitty?  Or if not related has some kind of connection outside dance?

Edited by ByTor

Kat... to me did not have the DCC look. Yes she was limber and all that blah blah, but girlfriend had a FIVE HEAD! was I the only one to see this?

Stephanie Larson is stunning. She is always poised

Maggie... BEAUTIFUL

Kelsey ( current ) is very striking, and glamorous

I like Tasha, I think she is beautiful

Kelsey Bond, although a very pretty girl and a great dancer, she always seemed to me like her head was too big for her body.

• Love 4
Just now, mcmrdh said:

Kat... to me did not have the DCC look. Yes she was limber and all that blah blah, but girlfriend had a FIVE HEAD! was I the only one to see this?

Stephanie Larson is stunning. She is always poised

Maggie... BEAUTIFUL

Kelsey ( current ) is very striking, and glamorous

I like Tasha, I think she is beautiful

Kelsey Bond, although a very pretty girl and a great dancer, she always seemed to me like her head was too big for her body.

her head was way too big for her body ... didn't they call her a bobblehead once when K+J were talking about being concerned she had an eating issue?  What's a five head?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

What's a five head?

god is gonna strike me down for saying this....    "the bit of your HEAD that's normally called your forehead, but it's a lot bigger than normal and the hairline is much further back, so it is referred to as a fivehead"

oh and I forgot to add to my previous opinion

I was/ am a huge Auto Amy fan

• Love 3

I thought Danielle was really silly when she was a TCC / rookie ...

Also not a fan of Ally (I think it was her) who jumped in to join Cassie on calling out / attacking Taylor

Hope Taylor works on those kicks and tries out again ... wow what a dancer!

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Hope Taylor works on those kicks and tries out again ... wow what a dancer!

I wonder if Taylor ever thought about auditioning for the Mavs dancers.

My unpopular opinions I can think of now:

1.  Megan F and Amy had memory problems.

2.  I don't think Meghan is fat.  Or even chubby.  

3.  Cassie had to be incredibly resilient while on the squad knowing (how could she not know)   that people thought something fishy went on for her to be a DCC for 5 years.  If I were Sam F I would run as fast and far from DCC as I could.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

3.  Cassie had to be incredibly resilient while on the squad knowing (how could she not know)   that people thought something fishy went on for her to be a DCC for 5 years.  If I were Sam F I would run as fast and far from DCC as I could.

I agree with ALL of this. Run, Sam! You're going to get Cassie Hate x1000%. 

• Love 3

I think Taylor (speed queen) had kicks just as good as any other kick strugglers that made the team and was one of the best dancers her rookie year. I was bummed she didn't make it the first time I watched that season and now I'm just annoyed when I watch again. Solid personality, great (and different) look and a power house dancer. 

Not surprised she didn't try again...her kicks could have improved, sure, but weaker kicks have made the squad and she probably decided it wasn't worth the trouble. 

But of all weak kickers, I do think McKenzie is the cutest. Pink puffy heart her ?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I think Taylor (speed queen) had kicks just as good as any other kick strugglers that made the team and was one of the best dancers her rookie year. I was bummed she didn't make it the first time I watched that season and now I'm just annoyed when I watch again. Solid personality, great (and different) look and a power house dancer. 

Not surprised she didn't try again...her kicks could have improved, sure, but weaker kicks have made the squad and she probably decided it wasn't worth the trouble. 

But of all weak kickers, I do think McKenzie is the cutest. Pink puffy heart her ?

That was Taylor's third year auditioning so she had 3+ years to work on her kicks.  She could have had 3 more years and I don't think they would be good enough. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I saw pictures of Megan performing at the Christmas halftime.  There is a video of her appearing for a tour of the Star from last week.  I just don't see the chubbiness either. 

And I would hope that any legacy trying out has their eyes wide open

Regarding the show:

1. It's not as much fun anymore.  I miss the workouts with Jay.  I want to see the etiquette training.  I don't want to see the fashion show which we all know is advertising to get free clothes.

2. I want to see the group leaders lead rehearsals without K&J - we all know that they aren't there that much anyway, so what else do they do?  I would like to see the meetings with sponsors, staff meetings, choreography - what goes into a halftime show for Halloween, BCA and Christmas? 

3. I want to see what goes behind getting ready to go on tour.  We've seen who makes show group and then nothing after that

4. I don't want to see a TCC upset about something that happened in her past and staring into the river or the park - we don't need dramatic moments like that

5. I like the split screen comparing the girls - gives a better idea of what they are looking for.  However, maybe they should do that with the same TCC performing the dance for the first time and then later in the season, so we see the progress (or not).

6. What is a show group practice like?  A rookie practice?  A group practice with group leaders giving feedback to the TCC's and K&J?

Sorry.......I've had bronchitis for a week and I'm bored.

• Love 3