Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I love most of the cameos this year. But some of them, you just have to question why they chose that pic. Tasha's head shot makes her look startled and cross eyed, Raylee's full body cameo looks like she needs to wash and brush her hair, Danielle looks boring in hers. They are all stunning girls.. Surely you could have gotten a better pic than that!

I love Tess's sultry pic actually and Jenn K's. And I love Jessica's and Maggie's cameos! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I love most of the cameos this year. But some of them, you just have to question why they chose that pic. Tasha's head shot makes her look startled and cross eyed, Raylee's full body cameo looks like she needs to wash and brush her hair, Danielle looks boring in hers. They are all stunning girls.. Surely you could have gotten a better pic than that!

I love Tess's sultry pic actually and Jenn K's. And I love Jessica's and Maggie's cameos! 

I havr always thought Raylee was one of the prettiest 2nd year vets, but neither of her cameos have been good. They should just take one of her Instagram pics and photoshop the uniform onto her body ?

• Love 4

Tess is so cutesy, but can definitely pull off the sultry look. 

I actually find raylee to be very plain. Particularly before her makeover with brown hair. She has grown into a very presentable young lady, but I just get a meh vibe.

• Love 1

Why the heck do they include hair colors in the bios? We see their hair color in the pic! Put their height if anything! 

Also, Jenn K's bio last year said she was pursuing her Bachelors in Kinesiology. Now it doesn't, and there's no occupation listed for her either. 

I know she's a barre instructor, I wonder why she didn't want to list that? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

wait ... Amy T is now getting her MBA???  I'm so confused - is this girl just collecting degrees"????

I think it's a good choice - she has plenty of time to do it while she cheers and it's always amazing to me how many genius smart medical peeps struggle with the business side. Good foundation while she plans her next move. 

• Love 3

haha yeah, agree that Raylee and even Tasha have much more flattering pics on their IGs or heck, even action shots from games lol  I thought Raylee was kind of blah last year but I think she has matured alot this past year and now i think she is just beautiful.  Same with Claire. 

And listing hair color is SO annoying, esp since half of them are not their natural colors!! would much rather have height listed. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is Kelli called Kelli Q or Kelli S? Her Twitter is DCC_KelliS

Re: Kelli Q vs Kelli S, it seems like her middle name starts with Q (perhaps Quinn) and her last name starts with S? She says something about it her in bio regarding nicknames. 

Also, it seems these boards have been read as Danielle's bio has been appropriately updated. Nice! I love to know someone is actually listening! I only get half-interested man grunts from my all male co-workers and teenage stepsons! 

• Love 2

Mandy looks like she needs her roots done in her cameo.  Tasha looks scared and awkward.  Besides for those two, I think in general they are much better photos this year. 

I really liked Kelsey's bio - liked her comment about MLK.  She actually seems pretty smart and geniune to me from reading it.

Allie doesn't come across as very intelligent to me from her bio - not any one thing, but just miscellaneous things when all put together she just doesn't sound very smart to me. 

19 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

If being a full time mom (often to more than one child-and throw "single mom" in there to boot) *PLUS* having at LEAST one job (often more) isn't an "occupation" for a poor woman, then being a "stay at home mom" for an affluent woman surely does NOT qualify as an "occupation". I do not apologize for my position on this. http://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/roster/tasha

I go both ways on that issue, I won't elaborate for fear of getting yelled at by mods.

8 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

I can't find the new bios anywhere. Can someone link me?

I couldn't navigate to them on my phone. I just googled "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders bios" and got there that way. The web site is not particularly well designed for mobile.

19 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

She has an undergrad degree and is now going to graduate school.

ah!  for some reason I thought she was in grad school for something medical tech related... well I guess it's certainly smart to combine healthcare interest with a business degree.  At first I thought it was Columbia University Bschool and I was so impressed and confused at the same time.  I didn't even know there was  Columbia College?  Guess that's in Dallas.

So interesting how so many of these girls are in sales.  I was watching an episode of Drop Dead Diva and there was a lawsuit where Jane learned that pharma / med-tech sales companies love to hire cheerleaders as salespeople because they're usually pretty, fit, and good at socializing.  Aha!  Being beautiful does help in life - my therapist was wrong!  LOL 

6 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

ah!  for some reason I thought she was in grad school for something medical tech related... well I guess it's certainly smart to combine healthcare interest with a business degree.  At first I thought it was Columbia University Bschool and I was so impressed and confused at the same time.  I didn't even know there was  Columbia College?  Guess that's in Dallas.

So interesting how so many of these girls are in sales.  I was watching an episode of Drop Dead Diva and there was a lawsuit where Jane learned that pharma / med-tech sales companies love to hire cheerleaders as salespeople because they're usually pretty, fit, and good at socializing.  Aha!  Being beautiful does help in life - my therapist was wrong!  LOL 

There is a Columbia College in Chicago that has about 10,000 students in animation, music, dance, any arts etc

5 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

There is a Columbia College in Chicago that has about 10,000 students in animation, music, dance, any arts etc

Thanks ... now even more confused.  She's in Dallas no?  How is she doing that and going to Chicago for business school?  And business school is usually 2 years not 1.  Normally there's no online version of an MBA. 

Sigh so many questions

47 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Thanks ... now even more confused.  She's in Dallas no?  How is she doing that and going to Chicago for business school?  And business school is usually 2 years not 1.  Normally there's no online version of an MBA. 

Sigh so many questions

There are tons of MBA programs online with thesr for profit schools. I hate to say this but MBA'S are about as good as just a bachelors degree these days. Everyone has an MBA.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

There are tons of MBA programs online with thesr for profit schools. I hate to say this but MBA'S are about as good as just a bachelors degree these days. Everyone has an MBA.

Is that true?  I guess slightly off topic but I agree with you that MBA is one of those degrees where if you're going to go and spend the money, it's only worth it if you get in top 10.  In my opinion, really top 5 are the only ones that are "worth" it.  It's not like med school or law school ... you're going for the network and t he brand association and an HBS halo is much greater than other schools.  I don't think everyone has an MBA ... but definitely not everyone has one HBS or Wharton.

I received a notice from the Star Magazine people that this will be the last season the magazine will be in print. The magazine will cease being printed at the end of January. Going forward, the magazine, in some form, will be on the Cowboys's website, which they describe as “outstanding.” Sad.

2 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I received a notice from the Star Magazine people that this will be the last season the magazine will be in print. The magazine will cease being printed at the end of January. Going forward, the magazine, in some form, will be on the Cowboys's website, which they describe as “outstanding.” Sad.

Oh no! That's sad, that means no more swim photos for the guys unless they buy a calendar lol. The magazine was actually really interesting, the features of the girls were really informative.

53 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Bummer!  Sigh - changing of the times ... good bye paper, hello digital

• Love 1

Ugh... Mads... please have them fix your bio since the proof reader was sleeping on the job, lol. 

Most Embarrassing Moment:  Well I do embracing things to often to just pick one time

Correction:  The proof reader was sleeping on the job for A LOT of these girls. 

Yes - grammar and spelling are "minor", but when you tout how intelligent the DCC are, having a few grammatically correct sentences on the site shouldn't be difficult.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Java said:

Ugh... Mads... please have them fix your bio since the proof reader was sleeping on the job, lol. 

Most Embarrassing Moment:  Well I do embracing things to often to just pick one time

Correction:  The proof reader was sleeping on the job for A LOT of these girls. 

Yes - grammar and spelling are "minor", but when you tout how intelligent the DCC are, having a few grammatically correct sentences on the site shouldn't be difficult.

Oh my god, this nearly gave me a stroke. I thought surely there was no way that statement was actually on her profile, but when I checked, sure enough...

All I can think of is philosoraptor.

IMG_0004.JPG

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

There's a Columbia College is Missouri! Amy T. went to Mizzou so that would make sense if she was taking online courses there

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:34 AM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

If being a full time mom (often to more than one child-and throw "single mom" in there to boot) *PLUS* having at LEAST one job (often more) isn't an "occupation" for a poor woman, then being a "stay at home mom" for an affluent woman surely does NOT qualify as an "occupation". I do not apologize for my position on this. http://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/roster/tasha

I THINK I get what you're saying and I am in complete agreement!!!!!!

15 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Oh my god, this nearly gave me a stroke. I thought surely there was no way that statement was actually on her profile, but when I checked, sure enough...

All I can think of is philosoraptor.

IMG_0004.JPG

Madeline sounds like an immature idiot in this bio. Someone help her. Seriously this is a 12 year old Instagram response.

As much as I like Madeline, I have to imagine that book learnin' has never been too much of a priority for her. She definitely comes across as someone who is focused on dance-church-dance-church-dance and the rest is just fluff.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Who wants to take bets on how quickly the bios are edited, especially Allie and Madeline?

I doubt they will be edited. In the past glaring mistakes have stayed up all year, including an entire row of names missing from the squad photo last year.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

Dear DCC, 

I am a former trial attorney for the Justice Department, in which capacity I wrote hundreds of legal briefs and other filings.  

If you need someone to edit your DCC profiles pro bono, please feel free to call me, or any one of the other excellent (and humorous) writers who post on this forum all the time.  

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 6

Nearly Eight Minutes of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from the early 90s.

The dance style was much more spastic and jerky.  It amazes me these girls didn't faint from heat exhaustion at Texas Stadium.  The blonde in back row around 6:42 looks like she is wiped out when she dances.   Kickline and field entrances are different.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, flightlevel said:

Nearly Eight Minutes of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from the early 90s.

The dance style was much more spastic and jerky.  It amazes me these girls didn't faint from heat exhaustion at Texas Stadium.  The blonde in back row around 6:42 looks like she is wiped out when she dances.   Kickline and field entrances are different.

I think that kick waterfall thing was cool.  (no comment on the kick technique though!)

• Love 2

Just finished watching Sweethearts of the Gridiron about the Kilgore Rangerettes.  Very interesting.  Robin was featured as one of the sophomores.  Kelli Finglass spoke briefly.  Lots of rigor but seemed the right way to work with 18 and 19 year olds.  Lots of traditions including how they reveal who made the team which looks somewhat familiar!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Just finished watching Sweethearts of the Gridiron about the Kilgore Rangerettes.  Very interesting.  Robin was featured as one of the sophomores.  Kelli Finglass spoke briefly.  Lots of rigor but seemed the right way to work with 18 and 19 year olds.  Lots of traditions including how they reveal who made the team which looks somewhat familiar!

It was probably mentioned already but where can I watch this?:)

On 9/22/2016 at 10:07 PM, omgtv said:

I think that kick waterfall thing was cool.  (no comment on the kick technique though!)

To me that looks much cooler than the jump split and make me much less nervous to watch. I'm always afraid some girl is going to get really hurt doing those jump splits. And yeah when did that change? @ShellyB could you tell us when the change to the jump splits occurred, did you do the waterfall kick or jump splits or both when  you were a DCC?

• Love 1

She had 18 people photograph her wedding, and she also got married for free so that they could use the photos in their portfolio. I can't fault her for that, but dang 18 photographers seems like a lot at a wedding...