Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Just my thoughts:  (Please correct me if anyone knows different) Jenna made a comment on Instagram that it was time to hang up the boots, so I know for sure she's retiring.  I'm going to say that Maggie, Lacey and Kelsey may also be retiring since all three now have reactivated their personal twitter accounts.  (I may be wrong, I often am :) ) I hadn't heard anything about Stephanie but just have a "feeling" she may retire.  If Cersten goes to med school, I think she will have no choice but to retire. I think Jinelle will stick around for another season, after what she went through last year getting her new Visa.  Simone, has a fiance' in med school, so depending on his residency, she may be a potential retiree (I hope not though because i really like her) Yuko has been very active in post season appearances so I'm thinking we may see her try for a third year.  She has really grown and is adorable on the squad.  Other than the rookies that left early (Alexandria, Kalyssa) I think that all of the rookies will re-audition.  

Now my question...I had no clue Milan had left until I saw it on this thread and then went to the squad page.  I saw her picture had been removed, just like Alexandria's and Kalyssa's.  Does anyone know why she left?  

Who I hope comes back to audition again?  Taryn!  I really hope she tries it again because she was so close last year.  I also liked Lacey (the one whose brother was killed in a wreck), Briana (from Nashville) Brianna (the 18 yo TCC but she needs growth). I would LOVE to see Heather H and Allie try out again (they were the vets who were cut).  I don't think either of them really deserved to be cut last year.  

Jenna and Maggie are confirmed retiring. Milan left to commit more to school. 

2 hours ago, Kayce said:

Just my thoughts:  (Please correct me if anyone knows different) Jenna made a comment on Instagram that it was time to hang up the boots, so I know for sure she's retiring.  I'm going to say that Maggie, Lacey and Kelsey may also be retiring since all three now have reactivated their personal twitter accounts.  (I may be wrong, I often am :) ) I hadn't heard anything about Stephanie but just have a "feeling" she may retire.  If Cersten goes to med school, I think she will have no choice but to retire. I think Jinelle will stick around for another season, after what she went through last year getting her new Visa.  Simone, has a fiance' in med school, so depending on his residency, she may be a potential retiree (I hope not though because i really like her) Yuko has been very active in post season appearances so I'm thinking we may see her try for a third year.  She has really grown and is adorable on the squad.  Other than the rookies that left early (Alexandria, Kalyssa) I think that all of the rookies will re-audition.  

Now my question...I had no clue Milan had left until I saw it on this thread and then went to the squad page.  I saw her picture had been removed, just like Alexandria's and Kalyssa's.  Does anyone know why she left?  

Who I hope comes back to audition again?  Taryn!  I really hope she tries it again because she was so close last year.  I also liked Lacey (the one whose brother was killed in a wreck), Briana (from Nashville) Brianna (the 18 yo TCC but she needs growth). I would LOVE to see Heather H and Allie try out again (they were the vets who were cut).  I don't think either of them really deserved to be cut last year.  

Is Simone still engaged? They used to always have pics together and comment on each other's stuff and I haven't noticed any of that since December.  That is purely speculation on my part, not trying to start rumors ... haven't seen her wearing her ring tho either.  I thought maybe she's quit and move on (literally) if they'd split because his residency is in Dallas, IIRC. 

I love Taryn so wouldn't mind seeing her reaudition - I love her roommate Brittney too and hope she also reauditions.  I would be shocked if Heather H and Allie tried to come back. I could do without 18 year old Brianna.  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I love Taryn so wouldn't mind seeing her reaudition - I love her roommate Brittney too and hope she also reauditions.  I would be shocked if Heather H and Allie tried to come back. I could do without 18 year old Brianna.  

Taryn is asking for punishment if she tries out again, I never did care for her.  She hardly made it to TC last year and Kelly said she doesn't like her face and a lot of other people really don't like her from what I hear.  Plus she has put on weight which means she would be another dcc that can't keep her weight off.  Stop taking girls that have to work so hard to keep the dcc look.

No way would Heather H and Allie try out.  Heather does not have the DCC look, not sure how she got on the team before and have you seen how out of shape Allie is?   Both really nice girls and I wish them the best.  I did enjoy them while they were on the team.  

I also heard Simone wasn't wearing her ring ... not sure what to think.

I agree, I can do with out Brianna.  18 it too young to try to go to school and do dcc at the same time plus move away from home.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Taryn is asking for punishment if she tries out again, I never did care for her.  She hardly made it to TC last year and Kelly said she doesn't like her face and a lot of other people really don't like her from what I hear.  Plus she has put on weight which means she would be another dcc that can't keep her weight off.  Stop taking girls that have to work so hard to keep the dcc look.

No way would Heather H and Allie try out.  Heather does not have the DCC look, not sure how she got on the team before and have you seen how out of shape Allie is?   Both really nice girls and I wish them the best.  I did enjoy them while they were on the team.  

I also heard Simone wasn't wearing her ring ... not sure what to think.

I agree, I can do with out Brianna.  18 it too young to try to go to school and do dcc at the same time plus move away from home.

If you check out her fiance's Instagram account, he has deleted all of his pictures with her. She's deleted a few from her page as well.

• Love 4

I feel for her if the engagement has ended. I can’t imagine how it must feel to tell everyone you’re engaged, start planning and picking out stuff, and then poof, it’s over. However, better to find out now than down the road if it’s not gonna work out. Ending an engagement is easier than divorce! 

On a purely DCC related note, Simone has had a lot of injuries right? If so, i can see her retiring for that reason as well.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I feel for her if the engagement has ended. I can’t imagine how it must feel to tell everyone you’re engaged, start planning and picking out stuff, and then poof, it’s over. However, better to find out now than down the road if it’s not gonna work out. Ending an engagement is easier than divorce! 

On a purely DCC related note, Simone has had a lot of injuries right? If so, i can see her retiring for that reason as well.

So agree...esp as it looks like they were together for years.  That said, she is pretty young.  best to get this stuff figured out now.  

again, im' totally speculating anyway but it is weird that he got rid of all their pics. :( 

that's right, she did have some rampant injuries. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Is Simone still engaged? They used to always have pics together and comment on each other's stuff and I haven't noticed any of that since December.  That is purely speculation on my part, not trying to start rumors ... haven't seen her wearing her ring tho either.  I thought maybe she's quit and move on (literally) if they'd split because his residency is in Dallas, IIRC. 

Ahh..I haven't really paid attention to the ring missing.  You are probably correct :) I know Taryn doesn't have "the face" but neither did Alexandria so I tend to pull for these gals.  I liked Brittney as well!  I really liked Heather and Allie and it's just wishful thinking on my part about them coming back.  Thank you for the feedback !! 

18 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I could see it for the injuries as well.   I hope not though, I really enjoy watching Simone!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Ahh..I haven't really paid attention to the ring missing.  You are probably correct :) I know Taryn doesn't have "the face" but neither did Alexandria so I tend to pull for these gals.  I liked Brittney as well!  I really liked Heather and Allie and it's just wishful thinking on my part about them coming back.  Thank you for the feedback !! 

I could see it for the injuries as well.   I hope not though, I really enjoy watching Simone!

I enjoy watching SImone too - I really appreciate the girls who take a lot of time to go to classes and improve.  Simone may not be the most naturally talented or technical but she has worked so hard since getting on the squad to keep learning and getting better...even stretching herself with more outside her comfort zone.  

• Love 5
On 3/27/2018 at 9:17 AM, bigskygirl said:

Are they hard up for current DCCs to help teach classes. I would rather go to the audition prep classes and/or Jenna, Jinelle, Lacey, KaShara or Robin for help before I would go to a rookie who only has been on the team for a year.

Looks like a lot of people feel the same way you do about a rookie teaching the class.  This class on Wednesday is usually so crowed the girls can hardly move.  This is the smallest class ever.  I see Lauren, Gina and Savannah went to it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

Looks like a lot of people feel the same way you do about a rookie teaching the class.  This class on Wednesday is usually so crowed the girls can hardly move.  This is the smallest class ever.  I see Lauren, Gina and Savannah went to it.

It shouldn't matter if the teacher is a rookie or a 5 year vet.  Can she teach?  Was it a fun class?  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It shouldn't matter if the teacher is a rookie or a 5 year vet.  Can she teach?  Was it a fun class?  

I also feel like the fact that it's Easter this weekend could be a factor with people traveling home for a long holiday weekend.  

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

That’s Tess, not Bess

DCC Elizabeth tweeted that on twitter... that she went to the class but "still unable to dance".  The photo is just showing the class she was at.

Edited by 5678Pixie

@HowdeeDo, I'm jealous of how good you are picking out people in pictures/videos!  I thought that was Rachel behind Molly, but now I'm thinking that's Kelsey.  I did pick out, though, that that's Tess on the end next to Khalyn :)

9 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

22814083_10155815434326804_6648545731730022313_n.thumb.jpg.b23449aed949645894cb37dd1dddc4de.jpg

It really hit home today when Robin said she is retiring.  These three will be missed.  

Aye, you never did respond to the half dozen people asking you about Stephanie.

(unless I missed it)

• Love 1

Robin confirmed on podcast she is retiring but still working with Dallas cowboys as a media intern and Jessika has confirmed she is returning.

gutted to hear about Robin, but sounds like a brilliant opportunity and obviously something she is very passionate about.

in Regards to jessika, I have to admit she’s someone who blends in to me, I don’t think I’ve ever given her a second thought until I heard she would be on the podcast.  I’ll definitely be following her most closely in the new season.  I really liked the story of Kelli hand writing her a note encouraging her to retry after she made it to finals and wasn’t successful one year.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Amanda89 said:

Robin confirmed on podcast she is retiring but still working with Dallas cowboys as a media intern and Jessika has confirmed she is returning.

gutted to hear about Robin, but sounds like a brilliant opportunity and obviously something she is very passionate about.

in Regards to jessika, I have to admit she’s someone who blends in to me, I don’t think I’ve ever given her a second thought until I heard she would be on the podcast.  I’ll definitely be following her most closely in the new season.  I really liked the story of Kelli hand writing her a note encouraging her to retry after she made it to finals and wasn’t successful one year.

Thanks for sharing about the podcast. Too bad about Robin.

• Love 1

that is sad about Robin but I somehow had a feeling she would be retiring.  What an awesome opportunity for her!! 

I could see them asking Stephanie to be an all star if she is indeed retiring (and it wouldn't shock me if she was) but unless they are really switching up their timeline this year, it's too early for official all stars.  I feel like they usually talk to them about it in late April and contracts start in the summer. 

The fact that Jessika flies under the radar doesn't upset me LOL  I do wish she'd stand out a bit more tho and i just can't put my finger on WHY she doesn't? her solo got dragged last year here but she's good at the dcc style and her kicks are some of the best.  hm. 

• Love 4

I expected Jenna to retire but Maggie and Robin are so unexpected :( All 3 are so sad! But anyway, here's an updated list:
1. Jenna (6 yr, GL)
2. Jinelle (5 yr, GL)
3. Lacey (4 yr, GL)
4. Kashara (3 yr, GL) ✔️
5. Amy L (3 yr, 2GL) ✔️
6. Bess (3 yr, 2GL)
7. Robin (3 yr, 2GL)
8. Heather O (2 yr, 2GL) ✔️

9. Simone (3 yr)
10. Chantel (3 yr)
11. Stephanie (3 yr)

12. Maggie (2 yr)
13. Selina (2 yr) ✔️
14. Yuko (2 yr)
15. Kelli (2 yr) ✔️
16. Jessika (2 yr) ✔️
17. Kelsey (2 yr)
18. Tess (2 yr) ✔️
19. Tasha (2 yr)
20. Khalyn (2 yr) ✔️
21. Cersten (2 yr)
22. Madeline (2 yr)
23. Milan (2 yr)

24. Tara (R) ✔️
25. Savannah (R) ✔️
26. Rachel (R) ✔️
27. Molly (R) ✔️
28. Miranda (R) ✔️
29. Lexie (R) ✔️
30. Lauren (R) ✔️
31. Keyra (R) ✔️
32. Gina (R) ✔️
33. Christina (R) ✔️
34. Alexis (R) ✔️
35. Kalyssa (R)

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 3

Hard to say when we have no set idea on who will be retiring. I am sad Robin is leaving, but it sounds like she was offered a great opportunity. So far I say KaShara and Amy for group leaders so far.

7 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

So since Kelsey is in that photo above, does that mean she will come back?

Robin and Jenna are also in the picture, and they are not trying out again. I think this picture is from the Tuesday evening technique class the girls take during of off regular football season.

54 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

So since Kelsey is in that photo above, does that mean she will come back?

It kind of looks like she is not coming back.  She started a new twitter account "Kelsey Lowrance" and twitter gave her a blue check mark.  She said she is going live on it on Monday.  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Two or three girls exited the stage just prior to the kick line at the performance. I wonder if it was a spacing issue or an injury issue. 

It was two brunettes one looked like Cersten 

I wonder if they will announce the retirees like they did last year and give them a good send off on social media? With so many supposedly retiring it is hard to know. Anyone have any idea when we will know for sure about everyone's intentions on trying out again?

Not really surprised to see Robin retire, although I'm very sad to see it because she was an awesome DCC. Great dancer, intelligent, classy, sweet, dynamic and very well spoken.

She put in her time and is ready to really build her career, so I say more power to her. She's going to go far. I hope we get more dancers like her at this year's auditions.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 9

Robin, Jenna, Maggie....if Cersten and Lacey join them in retiring....eek! I keep reading about the type of girls that they need to pick this year, but I’ll just focus on the type of dancers that they need...power dancers! They keep losing them and not replacing them. If they have another rookie class like this year’s group, then the 2018-2019 team may be rough. I do think some of the current rookies have a lot of potential, so hopefully they will improve as well. 

• Love 6

I think the closer we get to the End of the Year Banquet time and auditions we will get a better idea on who will be leaving. I think Lexie, Alexis, Lauren and yes even Christina have a lot of potential of the rookie class. They have been hurting for power dancers since Season 6. There have been standouts since the massive exit at the end of Season 5, but the quality has been lowered. No Nicole Hamilton, Brooke, Tobie etc. etc. to speak of. I think girls see the show and are afraid to tryout especially since there has been less girls trying out.

Just listened to the DCC podcast with Robin, Jessika, and Kelli Finglass. I learned some interesting things:

The 2005 show was the pilot and season 1 is from 2006.

Of the 5 years Kelli cheered, none were Super Bowl years (said  3 were losing seasons). She does have 3 SB rings I assume she got as a director of the DCC.

She was kept out of a halftime rehearsal and the show because she WORE the wrong practice outfit. I think she said it was her rookie year. Probably why she gave KaShara hell for it.

She loves SNL and the skits. Said 2 DCCs were in one with the  cheerleaders (Cheri Oteri & Will Ferrell) in the 90s but nobody can find a video of it.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 4

Just to add on to the above, how AMAZING was the podcast with Kelli hosting?  Usually Shannon (and even Courtney) have a hard time focusing the conversation on interesting discussion, or keeping things related to DCC.  Kelli had this amazing ability to control the conversation, bring up all sorts of new and interesting facts about Robin and Jessika that made me understand and get to know them both more, and generally just made the podcast seem more elevated and polished.   (Without her, they often trail off and talk about their favorite shampoo, or food, or do old College cheers which I find odd).  Can we PLEASE have Kelli host the podcast full-time?  The dynamic between Kelli and the girls - especially Kelli and Robin - really brought something new and different to These Boots are Made for Talking that we haven't seen before.  Kelli's endless list of talents never cease to amaze me, but podcast host is definitely another one for her.  <End gushing>

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Two or three girls exited the stage just prior to the kick line at the performance. I wonder if it was a spacing issue or an injury issue. 

Spacing. The stage wasn't big enough for all of them to be in the kick line.

Here here to giving the podcast to someone more inside DCC, Robin, Kelly or otherwise. I can’t handle anymore “so who’s your best friend on the team? Are you single?” Less Tinder, more journalism. 

Kelly was wonderful, and it’s nice to see a different dynamic of her relationship with the girls other than critique time. Her schedule may be too full to commit every week, but this was a breath of fresh air. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Stee said:

Just to add on to the above, how AMAZING was the podcast with Kelli hosting?  Usually Shannon (and even Courtney) have a hard time focusing the conversation on interesting discussion, or keeping things related to DCC.  Kelli had this amazing ability to control the conversation, bring up all sorts of new and interesting facts about Robin and Jessika that made me understand and get to know them both more, and generally just made the podcast seem more elevated and polished.   (Without her, they often trail off and talk about their favorite shampoo, or food, or do old College cheers which I find odd).  Can we PLEASE have Kelli host the podcast full-time?  The dynamic between Kelli and the girls - especially Kelli and Robin - really brought something new and different to These Boots are Made for Talking that we haven't seen before.  Kelli's endless list of talents never cease to amaze me, but podcast host is definitely another one for her.  <End gushing>

Agree 100%

• Love 2
(edited)

Noooooooo, Robin, don't leave!! OK, obviously I can't be mad at her retirement. It's her life, she's got a career to build, and she's put in more time than I can imagine making and being a DCC. But I just LOVE her. She's everything y'all have said: smart, talented, an excellent performer, classy, well-spoken, a devoted teammate who seems much beloved by her squad, and just the total beautiful package. I think she was a great leader and was one who K & J trusted to communicate clearly to them (I'm thinking her "OK" she gave them before breaking it down about what Gina really was like in their group) and to support and guide her group. I was all set for her to be a first leader next year. Sigh. I'm excited for her next steps in life and wish her all the best. But I wish she would reconsider my feelings about this...

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 7