Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I will never believe that any of them were/are actual accountants. There is no way they would be able to get out on time to go to practice (especially during month-end close) if they were in industry, and public firms are notorious for the excessive billable hours. I'd believe they work in accounting departments in an accounts receivable/payable or clerical capacity; otherwise Kelli and Judy would not stand for work having to be a priority.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

It is weird but all medical device sales people I know are in the OR for all operations with their devices. They are actually on call a lot.

I'm glad you could clear that up. I thought it was odd, but I guess I thought wrong. She seems smart, so not a big surprise that she's in medical sales.

I know they try to push the brains & beauty thing, but the story was introduced as though she's a surgeon.

I agree. They made it sound like she was doing the surgery. Not quite the same.

With 34+/- girls each year, of course some are going to be more educated, smarter, more 'career ambitious' than others, but I think it looks terrible when they list them as having three or four jobs that are obviously part time, like they do in the current bios. So many are dance teacher/receptionist/sales/student/aerobics instructor, etc. It makes them look silly. Not everyone can be a physical therapist or CPA, but these multiiple part time jobs make me roll my eyes. Just pay them a freaking salary and cut all this crap. I'd think they could employ all the girls who want to be dance instructors full time, and could bring in scads of types of dance, cheer, etc., from toddler to pro level if they wanted to.

• Love 2

OMG! I hope hope hope the link works. For those of you who couldn't find the whole DCCMTT TWoP archive, here is the link:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140330013109/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3132801-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team/

Um...this is amazing, and is probably going to suck up my entire evening.

ETA I strangely kind of miss the reckless abandon of the single thread LOL. I don't even know why because the organization here is nice and makes it easier to find things (for example I had to scroll several pages back to November of 2013 to find the last TWOP post I made). I guess I'm just being nostalgic!

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Girls working as accountants, sales reps and environmental consultants- all professional careers.

I have to disagree with you as to the "careers" comment. Holding 3 to 4 jobs (BarMethod, dance instructors, tanning salons, etc.)are NOT careers. Every season we hear Kelly say "we'll get you a job" to the current crop of TCC.

Kelsey's little "bit" courtesy of the Cowboys organization, is meant to show that these women have successful careers AND dance 24/7. I feel the truth was stttttreeeeettttched a bit to for Kelsey to appear more "intelligent/important" than she actually is.

But what's wrong with the idea that some girls have careers? I don't get what people expect out of them. They're what- 22? Working at an entry leve but professional job is a good accomplishment at that age. Many graduates aren't working in their fields at all. I'm not talking about the girls with three gigs- I'm talking about girls like Claire, Jessica, Loren who have a full time job I'd consider a "career." Don't know what's so hard to understand about that. Kelsey has a good job. You don't agree? Then let's agree to disagree and just drop it, because I happen to think a lot of these girls are doing well for themselves.

Edited by Elizabeth9

Hi! I am new to the forum! Does anyone know where to find the two hour 2005 special (I think it was the first ever DCC show that CMT aired)? I went to elementary school with Whitney Ott and would love to see this special, but can't find it anywhere! I've checked YouTube, google, even tried to buy it on iTunes and can't find it there. Any suggestions?

I have it on VHS tape....

Thank you Dopeydwarf for finding the TWOP thread...that was crazy. The fighting, the inside knowledge...it was great.

The CMT board was also pretty fun.  But you really could't criticize anyone or anything about the organization. They were hardcore fans NO MATTER WHAT.  And where's the fun in that????

Okay gang. We need to remember not everyone will agree with your thoughts and opinions. Instead of telling others to end a certain discussion, I suggest taking a deep breath and send a PM to me or one of the helper mods, send a report to the report center, or use the ignore button feature. Please do not engage who might be upsetting you because this causes problems in the forum. Please remember to be civil and be respectful of other posters thoughts and feelings. The mods want everyone to feel comfortable to state their opinions and not feel someone will call him or her out because another poster does not agree with what was expressed.

That TWOP link is so interesting...weird to read people discussing it TEN years ago!!  

Definitely got more interesting once the "mdcc" girl came to the board and started answering questions and seemed to have a lot of inside knowledge. 

• Love 2

I have to wonder if "mdcc" knew as much as she claimed. In one of her first posts she says that they are all "BFFs".  I have never worked for a place, nor do I know anybody who has worked for a place, where everybody are best friends, especially when you're talking about close to 40 people.  People can be professional and get along for harmony's sake, but NO WAY are they all "BFFs".  

• Love 1

I've been going through the TWOP archive, and someone who called herself "missknowitall" posted this:

Posted May 22, 2009 @ 7:41 PM

It will be interesting to see if Kelli brings in Melissa to "talk" to the girls next season. I can see CMT hyping it up hoping for a ratings boost. DWTS star Melissa Rycroft on CMT...

I wonder if she still watches the show & saw that this happened :)

• Love 1

Lol, this is a bad video but notice at 4:50 a Washington player is on the field during thunderstruck, picks up a girls poms and moves them. Like dude, can you wait 30 seconds?!?

• Love 1

There's a video on youtube of a Seattle Seahawks player getting in the way of the girl's performance, specifically the kickline.  It was so rude. He couldn't wait 5 minutes until they were done with their performance.

Edited by caligirl50
(edited)

From what I can tell, he was already working out in that area and the cheerleaders danced right into that space. He moved the poms, he didn't toss them aside with disgusted body language. I did not see anything disrespectful. Yes, it would've been nice if he'd moved out of the way, but the football players are the big dogs in that situation. When they're gearing up for the game the cheerleaders are probably not even a blip on their radar.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Ok I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the kicker, presume he's ignorant and has no clue the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders will perform pregame in the middle of the filed. I'll presume he doesn't see them lining up, or the announcer saying here they come, or see the intro on the big screen. So why didn't someone tell him "hey,' can you move 10 feet back so you don't get run over by cheerleaders or look like an obnoxious ass?"

Football players>>>>everyone else as far as what's happening on the field. That's something I knew even as a marching band member in HS, Remember what happened to Melissa Kellerman after she was knocked over by Jason Witten and joked about it on Twitter? I'd be surprised if the cheerleaders on every team aren't told to never interfere with anything a player is doing. The football game isn't being staged to showcase the cheerleaders.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-melissa-kellerman-jason-witten-266446

• Love 1

Football players>>>>everyone else as far as what's happening on the field. That's something I knew even as a marching band member in HS, Remember what happened to Melissa Kellerman after she was knocked over by Jason Witten and joked about it on Twitter? I'd be surprised if the cheerleaders on every team aren't told to never interfere with anything a player is doing. The football game isn't being staged to showcase the cheerleaders.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-melissa-kellerman-jason-witten-266446

Yeah but it's not during a game. They perform Thunderstruck before the players are even out on the field. Before team introductions, before the national anthem. The incident with Melissa Kellerman happened during a game.

There's no reason the goofy kicker needed to be out there kicking the ball around during Thunderstruck. Each team spends about 30-45 minutes warming up on the field prior to the pregame. Then they go back in the locker room and come back out for team intros. He had plenty of time to warm up his legs.

• Love 1

I can think of a million reasons a place kicker would be taking extra warm ups. And he likely was told to be there and didn't decide to do it on his own.

I love this show as much as the next person, but the DCC simply aren't the big deal people think they are. The idea that an opposing team would even care is a riot.

• Love 4

I can think of a million reasons a place kicker would be taking extra warm ups. And he likely was told to be there and didn't decide to do it on his own.

I love this show as much as the next person, but the DCC simply aren't the big deal people think they are. The idea that an opposing team would even care is a riot.

Agree. After all the real reason everyone is there is for the football game, and the players can use every bit of practice/warm up they can get, so I'm not surprised by that video at all.

Agree. After all the real reason everyone is there is for the football game, and the players can use every bit of practice/warm up they can get, so I'm not surprised by that video at all.

Exactly. And Dccfan126 I agree with you too. 100%

I'm still working through the awesome link posted upthread to the TWoP thread of MTT and this page was just gold for me...I know a lot of other people already knew this stuff so please feel free to ignore, but others like me who are a bit newer, this info is so intriguing...!

I wonder if the one girl giving all the inside info on the thread was a candidate that year or worked in the office?? so interesting that Amy Reese's cut WAS taped and she really was able to get them not to show it.  I didn't know they totally scrubbed her profile off the site immediately too. YIKES! 

Also the insight that Brandi probably wouldn't have made it back had she reauditioned...I always assumed she had a great year.  I wonder if they never fully got on her side lol. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20140415060547/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3132801-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team/page-78

There are MANY pages that I don't seem to be allowed to read, starting around page 85-ish (The requested URL /topic/3132801-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team/page-85 was not found on this server.)  Is this happening to you?

yup :(  I was so pumped then hit that same wall. darn it!!! so mad I wasn't into this show back then.  Actually, I'm even more mad you can't go read all the info on the CMT boards. sounds like there was all kind of info there lol

yup :(  I was so pumped then hit that same wall. darn it!!! so mad I wasn't into this show back then.  Actually, I'm even more mad you can't go read all the info on the CMT boards. sounds like there was all kind of info there lol

The comments were almost to the episode where Meghan Flaherty got cut & chewed out Judy & Kelli for having no heart.  I was SOOO looking forward to what people said about this after it was originally aired. 

By the way, I was able to resume in the early 300 pages...the 1st season of Vivian.

My favorite thing someone said on those old boards was something like - these girls work so hard and give up their lives to shake their behinds in some puffy sleeves and half a pair of shorts.   That just made me laugh so hard, even though I love this show.  

• Love 1

The comments were almost to the episode where Meghan Flaherty got cut & chewed out Judy & Kelli for having no heart.  I was SOOO looking forward to what people said about this after it was originally aired. 

By the way, I was able to resume in the early 300 pages...the 1st season of Vivian.

Ahhh nice!! I will try that!

I know, wanted to hear comments about Megan's blow up...

Looks like I can jump to 200 even.  Hmm, just will have to play around with it.

I do think ti's so funny that even like 7 years ago viewers were complaining about the same things regarding K&J, the outfit, Jay, etc.  LOL!  some things truly never change.

• Love 1

If I remember correctly, there really wasn't a lot of juicy insider info. Only real insider info was about various people who were encouraged to retire due to weight gain, a couple of girls who were cut for alleged partying, a few who were good but cemented on the team due to family connections or tight relationships with other DCC, etc. 

thankssomuch or whatever her name was was the first person to go on the boards and get snarky.  They didn't monitor in-fighting on either the TWOP board or the CMT board.  It was kind of fun but I do remember calling her out for something.

• Love 1

I would think that for the amount of time it takes to choreograph and teach a new routine, like the BCA or Halloween halftimes, it is probably just easier to repeat them for a few years.  The costumes could be a little better, but then they were probably tired of the previous costume and all of it's "pieces" especially during stunts.  I was watching MTT - the 7th season - and Jenna was hoping that she had all of her outfit pinned so nothing would fly off when she got tossed:)

Oh, I'm sure it's easier. The routine AND the outfit were just horrid. I preferred the outfit prior to this one. Maybe next year they'll switch it up..hopefully.

Were they the pink fringy flapper style outfits?

The pink polka dot dresses were inspired by Melissa Rycroft on DWTS.  The pink fring-y ones are inspired by Taylor Swift's outfit from some awards show.  So we have to wait and see who or what inspires them in the coming years:)

The pink polka dot dresses were inspired by Melissa Rycroft on DWTS.  The pink fring-y ones are inspired by Taylor Swift's outfit from some awards show.  So we have to wait and see who or what inspires them in the coming years:)

I'm assuming this is the outfit.

article-2733577-20C554CE00000578-825_634

It's hard to tell if it's flattering on her by her posture, but I just don't think it looks flattering on most of the DCCs, which is really saying something since they all have ridiculous figures. But yeah, the dancing and stunting is awesome of course.