Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

They haven't always used girls who have cheered, like Oliva that one year.  I think that's why it amazes me that it always looks so good, even though they are using girls who have never stunted and they don't have a lot of time to practice. 

Edited by scorpio1031

Amy L was definitely a stunter, she had pics on her IG doing the lifts with her partner.  Chantal did as well and so did Paige.  Other than that, not sure who did the stunting and who just had pics with their dance partner or whatever. 

Random but related thing that made me scratch my head a little...Courtney Danielle (from last year) posted a pic on her IG this weekend of her stunting next to Sydney and was like "great memories from this, etc.  good luck with the show this year, Syd!"  So wow, Courtney must really not keep up with any of the girls if she had no idea Sydney retired from DCC???

Kelsey also posted a pic with her partner, standing in the air on his upraised hands so I guess she was a stunter. The rest seemed to just be doing more basic lifts.

I'm guessing gymnast Kat was a stunter.. she looks like she would weigh as much as a Q-tip!! I can imagine her pinging through the air!

I loved watching that though. I so rarely get to see any of their performances, as I can't watch old episodes on whatever channel airs them in the US as I'm not in the right region/country!! 

I liked the turn-y split leap at the end too. :)

Hmm.. I was just skimming through the DCC Facebook page and I saw this picture of Victoria.

https://www.facebook.com/DallasCowboysCheerleaders/photos/a.413047096034.200984.181648811034/10153016158051035/?type=3&theatre

She has a great figure and looks lovely, but I'm surprised they didn't photoshop her a little. there are quite a lot of lumps and bumps (not in a bad way, just muscle definition) but I thought perhaps they would have smoothed them a bit.

It looks like an unretouched photo. Almost a before shot.. wonder if it is, or if it will go out like this. 

.. also *stamps foot* no fair I can't order these in the UK :( I ordered the Star magazine swimsuit issue and with postage cost me over £30 (about $45) which was quite a lot.. especially when I realised that Ashley pro and Brittney Schram weren't in it!!! (I didn't realise that even if you go on the shoot, if you don't make the next team - you don't make the magazine.)

I mentioned before that I was really surprised by Victoria's Tulum pictures...she posted several on her IG and I was like whaaaa? I think Victoria is one of the most naturally pretty girls on the squad but her swimsuit pictures were just ODD to me.  Her expressions are weird and the angles make her body look strange.  And we know she has a great figure!! Rachel LeAnn's were similar.  THey looked like outtakes and not the final shots.  I'd be so pissed!

Bigskygirl - thanks for posting the link to the photos.  And thanks to LadyMsJay for the video.  I sure do miss the old DCC website when they'd post videos.   

No kidding!!  You would watch this show for eight weeks wondering if these girls would pick up the routine, the kickline, or if it would ever come together.  The videos showing game performances or halftimes would give us an idea of how they were doing.  Not only that, but for those of us who don't live in the Dallas area, we aren't going to be able to see the girls perform, so the videos were fun to watch. 

• Love 4

Bigskygirl - thanks for posting the link to the photos.  And thanks to LadyMsJay for the video.  I sure do miss the old DCC website when they'd post videos.   

I don't think I ever really got to explore the old DCC site.  It sounds like from TWoP posts that they used to do regular blog entries too? Like goodbyes from vets and whatnot?  I wish the current girls would get back on track with stuff like that.  I can understand if some of them don't really want to be featured on the show (like Holly Arielle) but it'd be nice to get to know them better.

I don't think I ever really got to explore the old DCC site.  It sounds like from TWoP posts that they used to do regular blog entries too? Like goodbyes from vets and whatnot?  I wish the current girls would get back on track with stuff like that.  I can understand if some of them don't really want to be featured on the show (like Holly Arielle) but it'd be nice to get to know them better.

The old DCC site was soooooo much better. Definitely had the bios, articles by the cheerleaders, goodbyes from retiring cheerleaders, videos, intros of the girls, and DCC squad photos from the very beginning. It was awesome.

• Love 3

Remember the game day sheets they used to do where they would post a list of songs being performed that day, provide a packing list and photos?  I wonder if the current squads have been doing those.  I think Justine started it, Ally took over and then Sydney was doing them. 

Maybe the site became too much to update constantly, but it was great for fans.  Like I've said before though, since social media is the norm, why not take advantage of it? 

• Love 1

I loved the old DCC site. I remember when you could email the girls questions and they would answer you back.

Alyssa Sarasani wrote a lot of articles about planning her wedding which seemed legit to me. Her most interesting one was when she talked about the differences in cheering and dancing for 4 different teams/leagues. (NFL, NBA, NHL, AFL). I don't think too many DCCs did that.

I won't give the name but it was rumored to be a certain redhead (vet) whose name begins with a "M"  who posted a lot of recipes.

Edited by MrsEVH

They had a gal running it but they let her go (I think because of of 2008 down market) but they have just let the site languish.  For goodness sake, they have a fan base and know how good the site can be, why not do something with it?  The tv show brings an audience and each season, they gain more fans.  It cannot be that much work.

When CMT got rid of their DCC board, their justification was that the DCC Facebook page was more popular and that is where you could communicate with other fans. But it wasn't true.  The Facebook page was never as lively and fun as CMT's site.  It just gives updates on stuff happening.  

Back in the day (ha!) the DCC site, the CMT board and the Television Without Pity board - well, it was a lot of fun.  Sigh.  I don't know what I would do without this board!  

I loved the old DCC site. I remember when you could email the girls questions and they would answer you back.

Alyssa Sarasani wrote a lot of articles about planning her wedding which seemed legit to me. Her most interesting one was when she talked about the differences in cheering and dancing for 4 different teams/leagues. (NFL, NBA, NHL, AFL). I don't think too many DCCs did that.

I won't give the name but it was rumored to be a certain redhead (vet) whose name begins with a "M"  who posted a lot of recipes.

It wasn't rumored. Meredith posted a ton of recipes with a few health and nutrition tips. I remember a huge string of recipes that involved peaches. Girl must love her fresh summer peaches. I do too, so I'm not mad LOL. 

For some reason I'm thinking they were paid $25 per article. That's a lot of peaches.

• Love 1

I was doing a search for former squads earlier today to find Justine Phillips-Orf's last name (got it now, thanks fellow poster) and I found this scandalous posting from 2010 on The Gloss about the squad and all this insider gossip. I had forgotten all about it.  The squad is VERY different today then it was then.

I have a mac so the url doesn't come up (I don't know how to find) so I cannot link to it.  I could cut and paste but I am not sure that is permitted.  It's mean and gossipy. 

It discusses the favorites on the team back then and not in a good way.

I remember reading that article when it came out, and I could identify everyone that the 'informant' mentioned. I was a bit surprised at the Queen Bee, but who I was more interested in was who the informant was. I know of at least one DCC in the last few years that was bounced off the team for fraternizing with a player, and she was pretty bitter about it. That was the only person I knew of that would be so vindictive.

I remember reading that article when it came out, and I could identify everyone that the 'informant' mentioned. I was a bit surprised at the Queen Bee, but who I was more interested in was who the informant was. I know of at least one DCC in the last few years that was bounced off the team for fraternizing with a player, and she was pretty bitter about it. That was the only person I knew of that would be so vindictive.

Who was the Queen Bee supposed to be? Honestly, nothing in there is that scandalous, IMO. The only specifics I could pinpoint was the pair of sisters (Trevinos), legacy redhead (Meredith), Mommy's girl (Cassie), but they just called them pets. 

http://www.thegloss.com/2010/11/10/culture/exclusive-behind-the-uniforms-of-the-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders/

With that many highly competitive women, of course there's gong to be some backstabbing, tongue wagging, boyfriend stealing, teacher's pets, etc. Not that shocking.

Tobie was queen bee?? She never seemed to stick out that much to me one way or another.  Is she really well known when it comes to DCC? I didn't even know she was a favorite of K&J.  Brooke seemed way more like a queen bee but I have a super hard time believing she was a jerk or stuck up. She is one of those girls who just seems genuinely sweet and unassuming. 

If the DCC girls really don't have a drama like that anymore, God bless them.  If they do, they certainly hide it SO well. 

I always thought the QB was Brooke, one of my favs, just because she actually ended up marrying an east coast MLB player. In any case she's doing well now; she's working for the Dolphins as one of their dance team managers last I saw.

Who was bounced for fraternizing?

It never even occurred to me that the queen bee mentioned in that article was Brooke. I always assumed the person was talking about Tobie, and still do honestly. But regardless it's a nameless interview so I take all of the content with a grain of salt. For all we know the person who gave the interview could be the bully. Typical Regina George move.

That's not a crazy guess. But I would think she might be hesitant to possibly be outed saying bad things about the DCC.  You take a risk whenever you say anything bad that it won't stay anonymous.  I believe whatever she said in her book was pretty soft and not targeted or specific the way The Gloss piece read.  In addition, she was gone by the time Cassie joined the team. 

Wasn't she?

That's not a crazy guess. But I would think she might be hesitant to possibly be outed saying bad things about the DCC.  You take a risk whenever you say anything bad that it won't stay anonymous.  I believe whatever she said in her book was pretty soft and not targeted or specific the way The Gloss piece read.  In addition, she was gone by the time Cassie joined the team. 

Wasn't she?

She's not in the 2008 squad photo (Cassie's rookie year) so I assume she didn't audition that year.

Melissa may have been on the TCC for a short while that season, but she dropped out and then got picked for The Bachelor. According to her book, I think that is what happened.

Edited by caligirl50